Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Magnitude
    Kasimir Flaegler
    HP 1

After having picked up Lexus and Buddy, he hoped on the way back to the academy, Kas began to mentally compose his report to Herr Newton. He had to admit, he was worried that the events of the evening could be spun into an international diplomatic disaster in which he played the role of villain. It wouldn't be difficult to do, especially considering Lexus and Armande were both former members of Laputa. He was forced to trust that Nam-seum could keep the situation from hemorraging out of control, but honestly, Dong-suk was her older brother and probably outranked her and Ji-won most certainly did.

Before his thoughts could spiral too much further into that maelstrom of second guessing his decisions and trying to figure out everything that could go wrong, they arrived at the school and hustled their captive into the Wreck Room. They'd barely gotten a containment unit constructed when the young man awakened and start yelling about them being the Japanese and his grandfather considering this an act of war. In the control room Kas sighed, he had a feeling he knew what the truth of the situation would turn out to be. Still, he keyed up the microphone and spoke calmly in French.

<<"Please calm down. You are in Vienna and you are safe. Your situation is complicated, but nobody means you any harm.">>

Keying off the mic, Kas turned to Juozas. "Mein freund, could you go alert Herr Newton und Frau Fischer uf our new guest."

"Oh...und if they ask about the embassy, tell them I will explain as best I kan when there is time."

Kas sighed and drummed his fingers on his helm as it sat on the control console. It took no time at all for today's mission to go sideways. He wondered if he wouldn't have been better off with the Drifter.

Comment

Greystone:
      [Jack Rexroth]
      HP: 2

"Who says men settle it best?"

The ice spear grazed Incubus' rubbery flesh. "Me," he said. He swung his hand as though to punch Maze in the stomach but opened his hand. His clawed fingers stabbed into her gut.

Maze's soul-weapon vanished. Her arms went limp. The fire in her eyes was extinguished. Incubus chuckled as he drew his hand back, letting her body sag to the ground. "Like I said..." He started to lick her blood off of his fingers. "You had your chance, kid."
      Jack growled, showing his fanged teeth as he willed an internal change to happen. He was tired of this old man. Tired of his talking. Tired of his threats. But most of all he was tired of watching his friends getting hurt by him and his friends while they smiled and laughed about it and at this point he was tired of talking with words, instead content to let his actions speak for him. So when he opened his mouth, the teenager was sure that his opponent was expecting some kind of threatening response. Instead what came out was a thick, ropey substance that sprayed out wide and long and sought to wrap around the man's leathery limbs and tie him up.

OOC:
      Increased Muscle Mass [12 pts]: Enhanced Strength 12
      Spider's Silk [16 pts]: Snare 8 (Extra: Area [Line]); (Flaw: Close Range)

Then using Spider's Silk to attack Incubus.

Comment

FUYA TEMPLE, MOUNT PUTUO (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Dewhurst, Elle, Mikayla, Nicholas, Tallemaja)
        Dewhurst nodded, then watched as the mages made their way to Tallemaja.

VIENNA (Magnitude; NPCs: Diamond Dust and Rheid)
        <"I don't doubt that you mean me no harm!"> the boy shouted. <"Pity I can't say the same about you! You abduct me and then think to hide me in the Capital of the Austrian Empire!?! You don't just attack House Bonaparte! You don't just attack the Third French Empire! You Japs are going to have to deal with all our allies! Great Britain! The German Reich! THE AUSTRIAN EMPIRE!"> The boy started to laugh. <"Next time you try to kidnap a prince, you might want to find out who his allies are first, bitches!">

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus, Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige)
        Greystone vomited gossimer strands of silk at the villain, only to watch as the man sidestepped the spray.

Originally posted by Michuru81

The Order: Round Three
        • Maze (22 - E9): -11 Con, Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
        • Pyre (21 [+6] - H8): Bruised x3, Pinned (Immobile for one round, -4 Defense, no dodge), Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
        • Ursa (21 [+1] - C5)
        • Vestige (20 - D5): Bruised, Disabled, Injured, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
        • Greystone (19 - F9)
        • Blue Knight (18 [+6] - F10 [above Incubus])
        • Bile (18 [+2] - J6): Bruised x5, Staggered, Stunned (Blue Knight, R3), Unconscious (R3)
        • Verve (16 - I5): -5 Toughness, Bruised x2, Disabled, Injured x2, Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
        • Shiver (15 - I5)
        • Incubus (14 - F10): Bruised x5 (Incurable: 2), Regeneration 9 (Recovery Rate 3 [Bruised 3 {no action}, Staggered 6 {no action}, Unconscious 1 {1 round}]), Staggered, Stunned (Imago, R3)
        • Imago (10 - B4)
        • The Drifter (3 - C4): Bruised, Disabled, Injured, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
        • Felsic (2 - C5)

First, against the area: Incubus - Reflex - DC 18: 1D20+5 = [8]+5 = 13
        Then against the full snare: Incubus - Reflex - DC 18: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22

BK is up.
        Armada Status

Comment

The Blue Knight

Moving in a flurry, Gwyn spared speech as he slashed at the clawed-man, seeking to put him down as fast as possible, before he injured any more of them.

First, using a Hero Point to remove Fatigue from Extra Effort last round.
          Then, Regular Will Strike 1d20+5=19 DC 26 Will.
          Extra Effort to do it again 1d20+5=6 Well, here's hoping that attack wasn't necessary in the first place.
          [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

CAMP DAVID (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus, Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige)
            Incubus endured both of the Blue Knight's attacks.

The Order: Round Four
            • Maze (22 - E9): -11 Con, Bruised x2, Disabled, Dying, Injured x2, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
            • Pyre (21 [+6] - H8): Bruised x3, Pinned (Immobile for one round, -4 Defense, no dodge), Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
            • Ursa (21 [+1] - C5)
            • Vestige (20 - D5): Bruised, Disabled, Injured, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
            • Greystone (19 - F9)
            • Bile (18 [+2] - J6): Bruised x5, Staggered, Stunned (Blue Knight, R3), Unconscious (R3)
            • Verve (16 - I5): -5 Toughness, Bruised x2, Disabled, Injured x2, Staggered, Unconscious (R2)
            • Shiver (15 - I5)
            • Incubus (14 - F10): Bruised x7 (Incurable: 2), Regeneration 9 (Recovery Rate 3 [Bruised 3 {no action}, Staggered 6 {no action}, Unconscious 1 {1 round}]), Staggered, Stunned (Blue Knight, R4)
            • Imago (10 - B4)
            • The Drifter (3 - C4): Bruised, Disabled, Injured, Staggered, Stunned, Unconscious
            • Felsic (2 - C5)

Incubus - Will - DC 26: 1D20+4 = [14]+4 = 18
            Bruised and Stunned.
            Incubus - Will - DC 26: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17
            Times two.

Shiver's up.
            Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
              HP: 3->5

Violet's initial anger faded a little and she took a moment to try to think clearly. Touching Incubus was obviously bad so she tried to coat him in ice to slow him down.

Ice snare attack: 1D20 + 9 = [8]+9 = 17 Should hit while he's stunned. Reflex DC16 vs snare

Comment

Magnitude
                Kasimir Flaegler
                HP 1

Austrian empire? House Bonaparte? Another dimension tossed visitor. This was beginning to become a disturbingly common phenomenon. Kas's head sagged forward for a moment. This was going to be a difficult conversation. Keying the mic again, Kas spoke;

<<"Herr Bonaparte, you haf not been kidnapped. You inadvertently attacked the North Korean embassy in Vienna. This may be diffikult for you to grasp, but you haf somehow krossed dimensional boundaries.">>

<<"I am koming in to speak with you face to face. There is a possibility you will rekognize me...a version uf me. If this is so, perhaps it will open the door to a meaningful dialogue, bekause believe me...your presence here is as diskoncerting to me, as it is for you.">>

Turning to Buddy, Lexus and Armande, Kas motioned to the control panel. "Let me in to young Napoleon's room, then lock us in. It would be unwise to allow him to eskape just yet, since he knows just enough about this city to kause no end uf hazard to himself and others."

Out of habit , he snatched up his helm and went to the secure holding cell and waited for Buddy to let him in. Before he walked in, he activated his force field, since there was a fair chance the aggressive young vagabond would attack once he had the chance. Quickly entering, he introduced himself.

<<"Hello your Lordship, my name is Kasimir Flaegler, und we need to talk.">>
                Last edited by Horsenhero; 26th August 2015, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Ice began to creep along the ground and up Incubus' legs, binding him to the spot.

• Ursa (21 [+1] - C5)
                  • Greystone (19 - F9)
                  • Shiver (15 - I5)
                  • Incubus (14 - F10): Bruised x7 (Incurable: 2), Entangled (-2 Attack/Defense, -4 Dexterity), Regeneration 9 (Recovery Rate 3 [Bruised 3 {no action}, Staggered 5 {standard action}, Unconscious 1 {1 round}]), Staggered, Stunned (Blue Knight, R4)
                  • Imago (10 - B4)
                  • Felsic (2 - C5)

Incubus - Reflex - DC 16: 1D20+5 = [7]+5 = 12
                  Entangled.

Incubus - Recovery Check - DC 10: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Imago is up.
                  VIENNA (Magnitude; NPCs: Napoleon)
                  <<"Herr Bonaparte, you haf not been kidnapped. You inadvertently attacked the North Korean embassy in Vienna.">>

<<"The hell I--what is a North Korea?">>

<<"This may be diffikult for you to grasp, but you haf somehow krossed dimensional boundaries.">>

To say that the prince looked skeptical would have been and understatement.

<<"I am koming in to speak with you face to face. There is a possibility you will rekognize me--a version uf me. If this is so, perhaps it will open the door to a meaningful dialogue, bekause believe me... your presence here is as diskoncerting to me, as it is for you.">>

Turning to Juozas, Lexus, and Armande, Kas motioned to the control panel. "Let me in to young Napoleon's room, then lock us in. It would be unwise to allow him to eskape just yet, since he knows just enough about this city to kause no end uf hazard to himself and others." Out of habit , he snatched up his helm and went to the secure holding cell and waited for Lexus to let him in.

Before he walked in, he activated his force field, since there was a fair chance the aggressive young vagabond would attack once he had the chance.

Sure enough, as soon as he entered the room, the prince exploded towards him, only to bounce off the invisible barrier.

<<"Hello your Lordship, my name is Kasimir Flaegler, und we need to talk.">>

"J'en ai plus rien à foutre," Napoleon swore. "T'es rien qu'un petit connard..." From the floor, Napoleon gazed up at Magnitude. There was no hint of recognition in his expression. <<"You were there with the Japs, but your name sounds German. The Kurfürst fell in behind Japan, eh? When my grandfather hears of this, he'll burn your whole country to ashes!">>
                  Armada Status

Comment

Imago
                    HP: 4->3(?)
                    COND: Fatigued

"Finally." Imago whispered with excess of relief. The bony phantasm brought down a Captain Kirk style sledgehammer blow from above, and poised to smash again if Incubus still didn't go down.

OOC
                    Perception Blasts.

Incurable Will DC 23, IF that doesn't put him down, surge and cancel fatigue with HP, give him another one.
                    Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                    Crinoverse - Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                    Crinoverse - Time After Time
                    Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                    Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                    Extreme Unction

Comment

Magnitude
                      Kasimir Flaegler
                      HP 1

Kas sighed at the young man's belligerence. How come the wealthy and high born couldn't start any sort of discussion without lobbing threats around?

<<"Non. The Kurfurst actually threw in with the European Union, as did the Assemblee nationale, though we do business with the Japanese. Here, Napolean Bonaparte was defeated at Waterloo by the Lord Wellington. He died a prisoner of the British on the isle of Elba. The position of France as the most powerful nation on earth collapsed after that. The most powerful nation on earth currently is...dependent upon who you ask...either China or the United States of America. Though I suppose an argument could be made for the Soviet Union*">>

Tapping his chest, he continued. <<"This uniform I wear? It is the uniform of the Vindicators, an international organization of super-human beings who act as peacekeepers under the auspices of the United Nations. The United Nations is a diplomatic body consisting of over 180 nations who attempt to negotiate their affairs without descending into war. I'm afraid, unless your grandfather has the ability to traverse dimensions, he won't be burning anything to ashes.">>

<<"Now, I would like nothing more than to allow you to learn more about our home, since locating yours could be an arduous task, but I cannot permit you to strut about like a barnyard rooster, threatening everyone you meet. So, my question for you is...will you refrain from rash action in order to discover more about the realm you've landed in or must we keep you contained?">>

Honestly? Kas was waiting for the French teen's head to explode. If he himself had not had the jarring experience of being dimension tossed, the entire idea would seem crazy. It was almost frightening how casual he was getting in the face of lunacy.

*The Soviet Union never collapsed in Oubliette-137, right?
                      Last edited by Horsenhero; 26th August 2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

"Needed five... on one..." His breathing had changed. He was feeling the hurt. "As cowardly... as Dale..."

Imago's blow caused Incubus' body to sag. The ice encasing his legs caused him to stay standing. Now the man simply stood bent over.

• Ursa (21 [+1] - C5)
                        • Greystone (19 - F9)
                        • Shiver (15 - I5)
                        • Incubus (14 - F10): Bruised x8 (Incurable: 3), Entangled (-2 Attack/Defense, -4 Dexterity), Regeneration 9 (Recovery Rate 3 [Bruised 3 {no action}, Staggered 5 {standard action}, Unconscious 1 {1 round}]), Staggered, Stunned (Blue Knight, R4)
                        • Imago (10 - B4)
                        • Felsic (2 - C5)

Incubus - Will - DC 23: 1D20+2=[8]+2=10
                        Staggered. Incubus - Will - DC 23: 1D20+1=[9]+1=10
                        That'll knock him out.

EDIT: I actually missed that he was staggered last post, and should have made a check for that: Incubus - Recovery Check - DC 10: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
                        Still staggered, so the second attack wasn't necessary.
                        VIENNA (Magnitude; NPCs: Napoleon)
                        Napoleon tilted his head to the side and eyed Magnitude as though he were crazy. <<"What the hell are you talking about?">>
                        Last edited by Michuru81; 26th August 2015, 09:14 PM.
                        Armada Status

Comment

Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]
                          HP: 2

"Needed five... on one..." His breathing had changed. He was feeling the hurt. "As cowardly... as Dale..."

Imago's blow caused Incubus' body to sag. The ice encasing his legs caused him to stay standing. Now the man simply stood bent over.
                          Jack had little doubt that their opponent's current condition wouldn't last for too long given how their opponent had been stealing vitality from the others to keep himself going after all the hits they'd scored on him. They needed to be sure he was done.

Permanently.

It was that last thought in the scaly teen's mind as he moved in closer to the older man then took a hold of him by the head, and with both hands Jack violently twisted his head 180 degrees.

Comment

The loud crack that accompanied Incubus' death seemed to drown even the sound of the wall of fire moving through the forest. It caused Felsic to look up from Maze in time to see Incubus' fall. "Mitä helvettiä!?!" she exclaimed. "What are... You're... You..."

Felsic scrambled to her feet and stood in the path between Greystone and the other villains. She had no words. She just started frantically shaking her head.

Hero point to Ursa--should have done that during combat--and one to Greystone.
                            Armada Status

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                              HP: 4
                              Cnd: 2 x Bruised, Fatigued

Otso looked up from Ellen's unconscious body just in time to see his classmate cross a line. "Whoa Jack, what the hell!?" He leapt to his feet, wincing as he moved faster than he maybe ought to, given his burns.

None the less, he moved briskly to the American teen's side. "Since when did we become judge, jury and executioner? Scratch that, since when did we become coldblooded murderers?" Otso turned his gaze around the group, searching for support from among his peers.

Maze shouldn't be 'Dying' anymore since Otso managed to stabilize her on his last turn.
                              Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Imago
                                HP: 4
                                COND: Fatigued

A throat clearing sound occurred. Imago brushed himself off and stepped forward. "Look, I'm not someone who thinks of killing as a regular resort..." But there was a grim look on his face. "Jack, was it? Keep doing what you were doing, to all three of them. Because this isn't a little cut and dried, black and white, judge and jury thing, or cold blood. Did Liz even tell you the basics of what's going on here?"

OOC
                                Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                                Crinoverse - Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                                Crinoverse - Time After Time
                                Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                                Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                                Extreme Unction

Comment

Working...