Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vindicators Academy of Europe #25: Jeopardy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #20: Love Connection

Magnitude
    Kasimir Flaegler
    HP 2

Kas kept his expression impassive as he listened to Pict's critique of their performance. He disagreed on most points, but that hardly seemed worth mentioning here. Pict had set them up against a man with whom he had a personal grudge, which made his ability to assess their performance somewhat less than objective.

Had he gone to rescue civilians, Paragon could have gone airborne, taking Tantivy out of the fight. That simple maneuver would have doomed Diamond Dust and Leannan Si'.

There was no guarantee any injured civilians weren't injured badly enough that moving them without stabilizing them first wouldn't further compromise their health.

No. Attacking Paragon immediately shifted his focus from the civilians to the students, which was desirable. They froze him in place and kept his rampage from doing additional damage and by dogpiling him, they overwhelmed him. By overwhelming him in under thirty seconds, they would have given any first responders free rein to treat the injured without worrying about being set upon by a vicious, powerful terrorist.

The strategy was sound. That's why Kas had, upon discovering a single opponent shifted away from any rescue plans to an all out assault. In this case, the best defense was a blitzkrieg assault.

Turning to his team, he shook his head and said quietly. "You did perfekt. His assessment fails to take into account..."

"Kasimir? There is a matter I could use your advice on. If you wouldn't mind meeting me in my office?"
    "Of kourse Herr Newton. I will be right there."

Turning back to the other three, he smiled apologetically. "I guess we'll diskuss our performance later. No rest for the wicked, eh?"

"Thank you for trusting my leadership."
    He finished, clapping them all on the shoulders in congratulations and appreciation.

Turning away, he walked to the Headmaster's office, his mood turning contemplative. What could Herr Newton want? His advice? Kas had a closer relationship with Dr. Fischer than the immortal scientist. He could far easier imagine her consulting him than Sir Isaac, but he wasn't going to argue.

It occurs to me, I'm not certain if Newton and Fischer have secretaries. If Newton does, Kas will ask him/her to tell Newton he's arrived. If not, he'll just knock on the office door.
    Last edited by Horsenhero; 12th August 2015, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Violet Lear
      HP: 2

"All right, first place!"
      The unveiling of the results momentarily distracted Violet from her team's dissension. Once they were dismissed, she sought out Gus and thanked him for trying to diffuse the situation. Then she shifted to multitasking, texting Eve 1st place in team xrcise! as she chased after Astrid.

"Astrid! Hang on a moment!" Violet fell into step beside her fellow freshman. "Don't mind Dag. He's still hurting on account of Tallemaja."

Comment

WRECK ROOM (All)
        "You are dismissed."

Turning to his team, Magnitude shook his head and said quietly, "You did perfekt. His assessment fails to take into account-"

"Kasamir?" It was the headmaster's voice cutting across the loud speaker. "There is a matter I could use your advice on. If you wouldn't mind meeting me in my office?"

"Of kourse, Herr Newton. I will be right there." Turning back to the other three, he smiled apologetically. "I guess we'll diskuss our performance later. No rest for the wicked, eh? Thank you for trusting my leadership." He gave each of them a congratulatory clap on the shoulder before excusing himself.

Astrid had been about to bolt until she saw Magnitude leave. She didn't want anyone to think she was just following him out. "Astrid! Hang on a moment!" Shiver moved to stand next to her classmate. "Don't mind Dag. He's still hurting on account of Tallemaja."

"It doesn't change that he's right," she admitted. "I love Kasamir. He is... He is a very gentleman. He's the sort of man I could see myself with, and yet... he doesn't see himself with me."

Not far off, the others were busy congratulating themselves. "Thanks, Jack," Parabola was saying. "I'm... sorry I took things over there. I just thought... Never mind! I need to go text Lex and let him know how everything went!"

As she hurried off to the girl's locker room, she passed Vestige, running to tackle-hug Ursa.

Not much further off, a disgruntled Mildew was headed off, leaving the Blue Knight to turn to Felsic. "Pirjo, can I speak to yew, outside?"

"Absolutely," she said, smiling sweetly at him. "Do you mind if I change out of this first?"

Before he could answer, a blinding light appeared in the room. It was an effect the Blue Knight had seen before--one he'd come to associate with the flashy appearances Elizabeth Lamperouge had a tendency to make.

Something was different, though. It was her, but she seemed... younger. There was no messenger bag slung over her chest--her chest wasn't as full as the last time they'd seen her. Her hair was shorter. Her clothes looked less worn.

"Poop," she muttered weakly. She looked around then and a panicked expression dawned on her face. She grabbed at the Astrolabe and shook it. "Where's Imago!?!" she screamed. "You stupid--you left him behind!?! He needs help! He needs-"

The glyphs appeared once more. The Drifter disappeared as quickly as she appeared, and she took eight New Vindicators with her...

CAMP DAVID, OUBLIETTE-519 (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Maze, Pyre, Succubus, Verve, Vestige)
        Maze looked left. Felsic looked puzzled. It was likely that she thought this was just another simulation.

Maze looked right. Vestige's eyes were closed. Her hands were folded in prayer. "Mon Dieu," she was muttering repeatedly.

Maze looked up. They were in the woods. In the distance, she could make out flames. The forest was on fire.

Maze looked straight ahead and was puzzled over the horde of identical teenage boys running chaotically through the woods.

"Does someone want to explain what the bloody hell just happened!?!"

NVAE, NEWTON'S OFFICE (Magnitude; NPCs: Newton)
        Magnitude greeted Missus Murphy--Lex's mother and the school's administrative assistant--cordially before making his way into Newton's office.

"You'll forgive me if I cut right to it," the headmaster said. "The school received a curious request. Delegates from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea have arrived in Vienna, to meet with the International Atomic Energy Agency at the United Nations. Given Laputa's attack, the rampaging giant crocodile, skeleton army, and Siegfried's stunt... they're concerned about a super-powered attack.

"The General they've sent--Byung-hoon Gam--he has two children who have joined him on this journey. They have a couple of friends. They want to see Vienna, but he's worried about their safety.

"He's asked for the Volunteers to act as their personal bodyguards. I told them I would run it by you."

SHENJIAMEN (Martin and Lex; NPCs: Mikayla, Nicholas)
        Originally posted by Michuru81
        It is leaving Shenjiamen for Mount Putou.
        Armada Status

Comment

Imago
          HP: 3

Imago came to a sudden halt as he saw the Drifter return with a swarm of other teens. Overjoyed with relief, he promptly ran in and hugged her. "Liz, you wonderful girl! Ask and you shall receive indeed!"
          Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
          Crinoverse - Avengers
          Crinoverse - Young Avengers
          Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
          Crinoverse - Time After Time
          Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
          Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
          Extreme Unction

Comment

The Blue Knight

Gwyn barely has time to open his mouth. "Not agai-"

After the flash, he looked around, taking stock. Another dimension, again. Proper annoying that thingie of hers was. There'd be time to talk to Pirno about what she'd done wrong with Matt later.

"We've been taken to another world-a different dimension. Lamperouge...you might not have met us before but me, him, and her,"

He pointed to Jack and Astrid, "We've met you. What's going on in this place? What can we do to help?"

Gwyn armored up instinctively, his blue flames cascading over his limbs, making him feel a little safer. A little.
            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
              HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex watches the mages wander onto the ferry and shrugs, tugging his jacket into place.

"Well, this ought to be fun. You want to keep an eye on them, or should we just find a quiet place to stay out of sight?"

Comment

CAMP DAVID, OUBLIETTE-519 (Blue Knight, Greystone, Imago, Shiver, Ursa; NPCs: Bile, Drifter, Felsic, Incubus, Maze, Pyre, Verve, Vestige)
                One of the many strange boys running towards them hugged the strange girl who had just appeared in their midst and transported them to a forest. "Liz, you wonderful girl! Ask and you shall receive indeed!"

"Does someone want to explain what the bloody hell just happened!?!" Maze shouted.

"We've been taken to another world," the Blue Knight explained. "A different dimension. Lamperouge... you might not have met us before but me, him, and her?" He pointed to Jack and Astrid in turn. "We've met you."

The Drifter looked perplexed by such a revelation. "That doesn't make any sense."

"What's going on in this place? What can we do to help?"

"You can die."

There was no mistaking the voice: it was Evan Bradley, one of the Vindicators. Sure enough, one of the trio of men emerging from the inferno was engulfed in flames.

"Stone the flamin' crows," one of the other two said as he pointed at Shiver. He looked to be about the Blue Knight's age--maybe a year older, but not more than that. He didn't wear a shirt, and his muscular body was glistening with sweat. "She looks like a young Violet, don't she? Wears more clothes'n Violet does, but still..."

"It's probably her double," growled the last of the trio. The man was covered head to two in course brown skin. Leathery wings protruded from his back and his fingers were tipped with claws. His eyes were large, dark circles, and his mouth housed several sharp fangs. "Did I ever tell you about the time I killed my double?" He laughed at the memory. "On one dimension, I had apparently joined the Vindicators..."
                Last edited by Michuru81; 12th August 2015, 07:37 PM.
                Armada Status

Comment

Magnitude
                  Kasimir Flaegler
                  HP 2

Kas was...stunned. There really wasn't any other way to describe the numbness that washed over him. They wanted him to play bodyguard to people from North Korea? Outside of the UUB, they were probably the single nation-state on the planet that could be actively described as evil. Certainly, the American treatment of SPB's was bad, but then again, many places on the globe feared SPB's and treated them poorly. North Korea was a different story though. An evil government that sponsored terrorism in other countries and engaged in the drug trade, the slave trade and any other despicable practice if it brought money into the country. Not that what money came in was spent on feeding a population that was consistently underfed, often bordering on starving.

He couldn't bring himself to protect such people. Could he? Then again...there were the General's daughters to consider. They may be innocent of the political depravity their father engaged in. he couldn't leave the innocent unguarded. Could he?

His mouth was dry, so his voice rasped when he asked; "Is there kredible suspicion of a threat or is this merely a publicity stunt?"

Comment

NVAE, NEWTON'S OFFICE (Magnitude; NPCs: Newton)
                    "Is there kredible suspicion of a threat or is this merely a publicity stunt?"

"I don't believe it's a publicity stunt. General Gam has kept the news of his daughters' presence here out of the press, for fear they could be targeted. He's aware that his nation has enemies--people who might try to use them to get to him. Personally, I'm mystified as to why he even brought them in the first place, but... here they are.

"As far as a suspicion of threat... there isn't one. As I said, his concerns are that our city might see one of the attacks we're becoming famous for, and he doesn't want his daughters caught up in that, should it happen."
                    Armada Status

Comment

Violet Lear
                      HP: 5

"What?"
                      It took Violet several breaths to recover from the shock of being dragged into another dimension.
                      "What the bloody hell are you on about? How can I be a young version of myself?" She took a couple of steps back from the flames, already feeling uncomfortable.

Comment

Magnitude
                        Kasimir Flaegler
                        HP 2

And there it was. Vienna was now known as a dangerous city, exactly the opposite of what Kas had wanted when he first took to the skies. Certainly not what he imagined when he accepted the formation of the Volunteers. He wondered if Juozas would be as disheartened as he felt.

"You may rekall, we didn't perform spektakularly against the last threat. Still, as much as it pains me to do so...yes, I will play bodyguard."

Still a little on his back foot over the request, he managed to remind the Headmaster. "I don't speak for Juozas, Ellen, Buddy, Lexus, Rheid or Astrid though. The Volunteers are exaktly that... Volunteers. If they choose not to get involved, I will not press them on the issue."

Dangerous city or not, Kas could hardly believe he agreed. He wanted to decline, but how could he? he'd promised to defend Vienna and now it was a dangerous city. He could live with that or try to redeem it.

At least nobody was throwing rotten produce at him in protest of his failure...yet.

Comment

Greystone:
                          [Jack Rexroth]
                          HP: 3

One of the many strange boys running towards them hugged the strange girl who had just appeared in their midst and transported them to a forest. "Liz, you wonderful girl! Ask and you shall receive indeed!"

"Does someone want to explain what the bloody hell just happened!?!" Maze shouted.

"We've been taken to another world," the Blue Knight explained. "A different dimension. Lamperouge... you might not have met us before but me, him, and her?" He pointed to Jack and Astrid in turn. "We've met you."

The Drifter looked perplexed by such a revelation. "That doesn't make any sense."

"What's going on in this place? What can we do to help?"

"You can die."

There was no mistaking the voice: it was Evan Bradley, one of the Vindicators. Sure enough, one of the trio of men emerging from the inferno was engulfed in flames.

"Stone the flamin' crows," one of the other two said as he pointed at Shiver. He looked to be about the Blue Knight's age--maybe a year older, but not more than that. He didn't wear a shirt, and his muscular body was glistening with sweat. "She looks like a young Violet, don't she? Wears more clothes'n Violet does, but still..."

"It's probably her double," growled the last of the trio. The man was covered head to two in course brown skin. Leathery wings protruded from his back and his fingers were tipped with claws. His eyes were large, dark circles, and his mouth housed several sharp fangs. "Did I ever tell you about the time I killed my double?" He laughed at the memory. "On one dimension, I had apparently joined the Vindicators..."
                          Why was it every time he went to a different dimension he had to fight a double of someone he knew? Was there some unwritten inter-dimensional law nobody had bothered to tell him? Whatever. It didn't matter as these guys were trouble Jack thought as his reshaped his body for the coming fight - a pair of wings that were very similar to the fanged man's sprang from his back while hundreds of tiny scales covered him from head to toe as his body swelled in mass as he increased the density of his muscles. What went unseen however were the internal changes he willed into being in his mouth and stomach.

"What did you do? Talk him to death?" Jack sneered at the older man. "Bring it on old man!"

OOC:
                          Increased Muscle Mass [12 pts]: Enhanced Strength 12

Initiative (cause I'm sure it'll be needed): _: 1D20+4 = [15]+4 =19.

Comment

"I'd like to keep out an eye on dem." not-Martin says. "Lay low." he advised, and boarded the ferry.

Comment

• Re: New Vindicators Academy of Europe #18: Decompress

Ursa
                              HP: 1
                              Cnd: Bruised, Fatigued

Otso nodded encouragingly to Rose. "Yes, your brother should be able to help plenty. Gae'Bolg and Mister Fitzroy have some capability to control plants as well, right? I'm sure they could all provide valuable points of view. I'll help with anything I can, if you want." He turned to Doug and Matt, having already shed his ursine form as he talked. "You too Quail, Fibrosis. If you want to work on some ideas with your powers or anything else, let me know, okay? I can also teach some basics when it comes to first-aid as well as hand-to-hand combat, although what I know is mostly focused on throws and locks."

Pict's assessment of their performance evoked a frown from the Finnish werebear. He remembered all too well his own fight against Lioness on Laputa in the skies above Vienna and how it had haunted Gaspar when he'd finished the fight by lashing out at her with lightning. "We learn to fight so we can save lives. We'd never worked together before today as a team, but we can all still be proud of our first showing here today. We didn't do it because it was easy, we did it because we didn't have a choice. Because it was the only way the save innocents in danger. Hopefully we can learn more so we'll have more options in the future."

The somber air about him was broken when Beatrice leaped at him. Otso laughed as he swept her up in an embrace, practically lifting her off her as he spun her around. "Magnifique mon chéri! Looks like your team outdid mine." There was a playfulness in his voice but before he could continue, the Drifter appeared in their midst and swept eight of them with her in a flash of blinding light.

Otso gingerly set his girlfriend down and looked around them worriedly. When he smelled the smoke he straightened, shifting forms. Wherever they were, it was dangerous. A threatening growl rose from his throat as the trio of men emerged from amidst the flames and threatened them. He shifted his footing to stand between them and Beatrice, staring them down. "We outnumber you more than two to one. Nothing good can come to you from this."

Otso Karell, codenamed Ursa, on New Vindicators Academy of Europe.

Comment

Alex "Current" Murphy
                                HP: 1 CND: Normal

Lex nods, stuffing his hands in the pockets of his jacket, and tries to find himself a quiet spot to wait out the trip.

Comment

Working...
                                X