Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury

Diana & Samson
    HP/Luck 1/3 Condition Fine/Smitten

"Splendid, this way." Diana followed Ryou's cue and began to lead their charges towards the cafeteria. "Now once we get there one of us should go and secure a suitable table. Think you're up for it Helena?" She asked with just a hint of imperiousness, assuming the girl's flight and incorporeality would allow her to make a beeline for a prime spot (and if she could get people doing what she told them then so much the better.)

"Don't you worry about a thing, the chow here's great and they don't skimp on it neither." Samson reassured the Asari, still not taking his eyes off the alien girl.
    [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
    [B]Playing[/B]
    [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
    [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

Helena

"Even if I can't, I can make one easy enough." the energetic young girl told her new friend as she burst into light and dove through the floor, heading towards the cafeteria. By the time the crew got there, she had already set up enough tables and chairs for the group in a fairly nice location.
      Last edited by kirinke; 8th October 2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

You find a table near the big panorama windows overlooking the grounds and the ocean beyond....probably helped by the fact that very few people actually frequent the cafeteria at this moment - except for Alissa, a girl of about 15 who does not need to sleep as part of her powers - something about complete control over her physical and mental processes. She's always hanging around somewhere, quiet, like a ghost.

Whereas Sarya and Ayana are very cautious in regards to what food they pick, Dhorrok goes for the breakfast bacon and sausages, while Seryll just puts a bit of everything on their plate, seeming more interested in the texture of the items than the anticipated taste.

" So", Sarya asks as she sits back down, " When my parents and I visited Earth, back in my universe, it was a very clean, very nice place. Very safe, too. Is it true that on this Earth, you can't go out at night because of...monsters?"

" Hmmphh...only if you can't fight...", Dhorrok rumbles in between stuffing his face.

Seryll, meanwhile, is removing their left gauntlet, revealing a tendril of some viscous substance that splashes onto the plate and begins to dissolve the contents on it. " Hm...interesting...."

Comment

Helena

"It really depends on where you are." she waved her hand to encompass the island. "Here it's pretty safe and back home in New Mechanisburg and Latveria it is very safe. The surrounding areas? Not so much." she smiled a little. "It also helps that the monsters back home are friendly, or well as friendly as your average human is, for the most part and tend to lay the law down on the ones that aren't." she chuckled. "They make for fun neighbors and playmates." she looked sober.

"Other countries are not so fortunate as New Mechanisburg or Latveria though." she said as she popped a sausage link in her mouth, chewed and swallowed it with a bit of orange juice.

"Not all monsters look like monsters. Some of them are all too human." she shook her head. "Ward stones and other basic protection magics are becoming very popular, even in relatively quiet areas, so I understand."
          Last edited by kirinke; 8th October 2018, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Osamu Ryou / Mergebane
            HP: 1
            ~-----o-----~

He sat back and watched as the newcomers started to settle in with their breakfasts, himself holding a simple bowl and spoon. There was a curiosity to try some of the various foods people outside of his country had for breakfast, but he just couldn't beat the simple pleasure of rice porridge. They didn't have the fruits he liked to eat with it on hand, but the orange slices were alright enough as substitute. Maybe if he was still hungry though, he could try those sausages...

Drawn out of his thoughts by their talk of the nightime dangers, his flat expression momentarily frowned in remembrance of a memory. The way he felt as he walked home from visiting his grandparents, as if something had started to watch him from the sparse forest of his hometown."I'm not sure what it was like in the city, but out in the country where I lived... mischievous and evil spirits would sometimes watch you from afar."

Rarely felt fear started to grip at his heart as he had whipped himself North, South, East and West in search of the disturbing feeling. It had gotten close, and closer, until it was almost upon him. There was surely some bloodthisty yokai out on the hunt, ready to scoop him up or lead him down the wrong path before dragging him off to their well. Instead, though, he merely felt a familiar sense of dizziness, the world shuttering before him. A red fox dashed out of the bushes and brushed right passed him, before disappearing into the woods once again.

"I've never really had trouble with them. For some reason, they tend to... leave me alone. Our world, it had so many legends and myths. I would guess that fear and superstition are powerful sources of creativity." Spooning a bit of his breakfast into his mouth, he left his words there despite having more he felt was relevant to say.
            I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

Diana & Samson
              HP/Luck 1/3 Condition Fine

"Oh it's not all bad." Diana offered as she sat down, Samson holding several overloaded trays behind her "I used to quite enjoy my night walks before I came here."

Of course in this context 'night walk' meant her vigilante activity.

"Yeah! The kid's right." Samson chimed in as he unceremoniously clattered his trays on to the table and snaked a tendril around to slap Dhorrok on the back "The things that go bump in the night don't like it when you start bumpin' back."

Diana pondered for a moment that Samson himself could very well fit in to that category but decided just to enjoy her grapefruit instead.
              [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
              [B]Playing[/B]
              [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
              [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

"I've never really had trouble with them. For some reason, they tend to... leave me alone. Our world, it had so many legends and myths. I would guess that fear and superstition are powerful sources of creativity." Spooning a bit of his breakfast into his mouth, he left his words there despite having more he felt was relevant to say.
                Helena

"Oni and yokai are very, very real. I have a family of them as neighbors on the street over. she shrugged. "They tell me their cousins are not to be trifled with and I believe them." she said soberly.
                Last edited by kirinke; 9th October 2018, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Featherweight

"There are even some places that are SAFER now," Anna chimed in when there was a lull in the conversation. "I mean, probably not really safer than things were before, but... Things got pretty bad once everything stabilized, and everything that came through sort of settled in- but after a while, people got used to what had come through, researched it, and started to organize. So some places, the pendulum is starting to swing back. And well, no offense to the natives, but some people came out of worlds that were much worse than most of the stuff that made it through..."

Comment

" For some of us, monsters are nothing new, but people here must have been terrified!" Ayana says, eyeing her food with a somewhat wary eye.
                    " My dad fought in that Star-Spawn incident two years ago...it was really scary. Our people don't naturally have powers..."

Dhorrok lets out a rumbling growl as he glares at Samson. " Probably. But humans are strange anyway. Won't say they have no honor, but they're easily scared."
                    The asari shrugs. " Those Federation people we travelled with were very in control."
                    " Hrrmph", Dhorrok mutters.
                    Sarya looks at Ryou. " Hm...yes. I don't want to be rude, but there is something about you...giving me a very slight headache. Do you interfere with biotic powers somehow?"

Comment

Osamu Ryou / Mergebane
                      ~-----o-----~

"Biotic power?" He tests the words, having not looked up the term last night as originally intended. "I don't really know what those are, but... I do have a way of making things... Mundane. Similar to how my world was before the merge."

Ryou continues to spoon his porridge around, loosing focus on eating. "Actually... I never had the chance to show everyone how it works before. With your permission, I could demonstrate? It's not permanent."

Comment

CJ said nothing during this latest exchange. She was rather curious what Ryou's power looked and felt like.

Comment

The asari frowns. " Okay...but only if it's really harmless...."

Comment

Osamu Ryou / Mergebane
                            ~-----o-----~

Pushing his food to the side entirely, he foccussed solely on the Asari with his steel-grey eyes. "There shouldn't be any pain. At it's most basic, all it takes for me to do this... Is a look.

His pupils dilate as if on cue, becoming deep intense pits of darkness. His hair ruffled without a breeze while he looked at the girl with sudden intensity. For the Asari, there would be a pull on the very center of her being, something integral to her, a part of her that was being siphoned away to a place nobody could reach.

Mergebane: Perception Ranged Nullify DC 17 Will (Sustained)

Comment

She blinks, frowning. " I feel...oh...goddess..." Suddenly, she groans softly as she reaches out..." I can't sense it. There is no...dark energy..."
                              And then she begins to bleed from the nose...

The klingon lets out an almost bestial growl. " Whatever you are doing, stop it now!"

Comment

Osamu Ryou / Mergebane
                                ~-----o-----~

With a blink and an inaudible snap the effects died away completely. He rushed up from his seat at the table, his eyes wide as he syared at that trickle of blood. "I'm... That shouldn't have caused any harm. <Please forgive me->"

Comment

Working...
                                X