Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest Check: A new Merged Universe game?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest Check: A new Merged Universe game?

Playing around with the idea of starting a new Merged Universe game here....but I am not sure what about...so, in case anyone would be interested, I am open to suggestions...

Re: Interest Check: A new Merged Universe game?

Tentatively interested, depending on the nature of the Merged Universes, and the genre of the game itself.

I much prefer the super heroic genre, so I feel a merged DC-Marvel universe would be interesting, however if it becomes more kitchen sink than that including various other media, Star Trek, Star Wars, various Anime, the references become a little too overwhelming in my opinion. So pending more information on the nature of the game, you can certainly mark me down as interested at this point.

Thanks!

Comment

Here's a link to the document containing all the info on the Merged Universe - and yes, it's more of a kitchen sink, sorry

https://www.dropbox.com/s/07stmsleit...ument.pdf?dl=0

Comment

I am interested depending on the particulars. I've been itching for a higher PL or PL 10 type grey scale game with the PC's having a bigger influence aside from locally or be big fish in a small pond.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

So is this a set universe with an established backstory (possibly including events that have happened in other games) or is it going to be its own iteration of the concept?

Personally I prefer four-color games that allow genre-savvy-ness or just allows the characters to sometimes remark that their world is kind of silly when they think about it. Not necessarily 4th-wall-aware silliness, but not trying to work superheroic genre conventions into some kind of verisimilitude.

Comment

I would recomment taking a look at the setting document for a quick overview of some details. The basics are: Several universes thought fictional, " crashed" into our mundane universe in mid-2015...

Comment

It's certainly enticing and the PDF was a helpful jumping off point, but for me it would depend on the vibe you would be going for in this game ie street level heroes, global heroes, cosmic level, etc.
              [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

I agree with mrdent12. What campaign exactly are you plan on setting up?

Comment

It could run either way, hence me asking what kind of game you folks would prefer.

Comment

So this Merge setting is like Marvel's 2015 Secret Wars?

Comment

Yes and no. Earth is still rcognizable as our world - although less and lessso as time passes and people and governments get used to the new status quo---

Comment

I might be interested in this as long its not cosmic, has no Suicide Squad tropes (Mercenary band of semi reformed murder hobos) or none of the obligatory Government Sanctioned strike team of fascists (Agents of SHIELD).
                        Last edited by Shadow Mask; 08-05-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Four color heroes trying to be four color in the new grey scale world would be interesting. Maybe even picked up a few years after they had time to soak it all in.

Comment

I'd be pretty interested in another Merge game, and after giving a bit of thought, I think I'd also prefer just a standard four colour game.

Comment

Likely due to the brutal realities of Sturgeon's Law and the existence of fanfiction.net, I'm very leery of the base setting concept. How much focus do you intend to place on the fanfiction element of the setting? How prominent are canon characters going to be in the game? How much interaction do you intend to have between various fictions?

Comment

Working...
                              X