X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus

Recruiting 1, with 202pp's.

Overview

The idea is simple. You are part of a crew of five on a medium sized warship called the Jolly Roger that with clever enough tactics can survive a capital ship, but going toe to toe in a proper fight won't end well for you. The ship and its crew are wanted/feared by all the major factions except the Independent Alliance who provide the crew safe harbour in exchange for help when needed and not going after its members.

The game will start as a one-shot and has a good chance to go on as a hopefully long running campaign if the time works out. Each adventure will be space science fiction inspired.

Setting

It will be based in the setting I've been working on as time permitted called Terminus After the End. Its the Terminus, except Omega is no more and its essentially the wild west.

PC's

I am casting for 5 PL 12 and 200pp PC's. I am open to most characters and use the smell test for builds. If they seem too powerful, they probably are. Also, players will be mini GM's in that they will be rolling for NPC's in combat and comabt like situations. So, trust that the rolls won't be fudged and the OOC knowledge of the defenses won't make it into IC will be important.

House Rules

Quasi Minions: Quasi minions are minions as RAW, except it takes two degrees of failure for them to go down and they don't auto suffer the worst condition.

The Ship

Information on it can be found here in the thread

IC Thread

PC's

Commander: An older expert tactician Batman type.
    Treylin (Evron Zediker): A battle suit genius running from his future.
    Kali Gunstar: Gun mage.
    Kaora Steelgrave: Assassin and supposed daughter of former Annihilist Shadivan Steelgrave.
    Kieryn Oniyx: Blessed by diet of war and death.

Dormant

Quarks: A cloud of quark like particles with electrical and reconfiguration like powers just figuring itself out.

Backup

Sa'an & Sig: A gravity controlling sensory deprived woman and a symbiote
    Last edited by mrdent12; 11-07-2018, 10:15 PM.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Re: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus: Interest Check

I was interested the first time and I'm interested again now.

Comment

Same here. Think I'll go with good ok commander a second time. Ill restructure him to be capped as per the limits, and adjust what needs to be. You say Omega is gone currently?
      I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

Yup, as far as is known, a multidimensional force got onto his planet and took him out. Nihilor, the main planet, now incinerates anyone who gets close to it. Various factions hold sway at different bits of the Terminus now.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

This sounds amazing. I'm in.
          What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Turns out I don't actually have anything at 12/200 or even 12/180, so I'm going to have to either shave down a 12/240 or elevate a 10/150. So since I'm left with a bunch of paths forward, I'm pitching some concepts and want to know what the reception is (from both GM and other players).
            1 - An immortal force of destruction with enough power that even her harsh language can kill. Taking it easy and enjoying the high-intensity people-watching opportunities that accompany space piracy, fears nothing save boredom. Strong defenses, broad skills, Will resisted (counter)attacks, and a nuclear option.
            2 - A light-speed speedster/light controller, the daughter of a political family on Ohm. Her transformation left her unable to convincingly pass as herself, and now she has a staggering bounty on her head for her own murder. Tricks & traps, illusions, the occasional laser.
            3 - A walking black hole with a penchant for collateral damage. After being run out of most civilized spaces, she turned to piracy as the only way to get the exotic matter she needs to survive. Area effects and Move Object shenanigans.
            4 - A drone-piloting AI with a customized shell for every occasion. Out to be the very best at something, and frequently making enemies and switching obsessions (and bodies) as the difficulty of being the very best in Terminus becomes apparent. Two thirds of the PP in an array, hacking and inventing, robot combat action.

Comment

This certainly sounds like it could be intriguing and I am very interested!

I'll try to come up with a concept, PL12 certainly gives us some room to work with concept wise ... currently looking at a Furion, or perhaps half-Furion, who wields some Cloud-like sword forged from the heart of a dying sun, or some such. Either way, consider me interested!

Comment

Right now I am guaging interest, so I am holding off on commenting on specific PC pitches for now. Generally, when casting I am bias towards complete characters(ie not just cool powers but strenths and weaknesses as overall concepts) with enough hooks to include them into stories and have something they can shine at doing. Also, given the level of trust required people who give off a vibe where they won't bring ooc knowledge into ic.

Comment

Re: [3E OOC] Pirates of the Terminus: Recruiting 5

I am just going to open recruitment and see what happens.

1 - An immortal force of destruction with enough power that even her harsh language can kill. Taking it easy and enjoying the high-intensity people-watching opportunities that accompany space piracy, fears nothing save boredom. Strong defenses, broad skills, Will resisted (counter)attacks, and a nuclear option.
                  2 - A light-speed speedster/light controller, the daughter of a political family on Ohm. Her transformation left her unable to convincingly pass as herself, and now she has a staggering bounty on her head for her own murder. Tricks & traps, illusions, the occasional laser.
                  3 - A walking black hole with a penchant for collateral damage. After being run out of most civilized spaces, she turned to piracy as the only way to get the exotic matter she needs to survive. Area effects and Move Object shenanigans.
                  4 - A drone-piloting AI with a customized shell for every occasion. Out to be the very best at something, and frequently making enemies and switching obsessions (and bodies) as the difficulty of being the very best in Terminus becomes apparent. Two thirds of the PP in an array, hacking and inventing, robot combat action.
                  All of them, depending on the execution can work out. The big thing to keep in mind is that even though it is PL12, it will still be a crew of 5 where each should get a chance to shine.

I'll try to come up with a concept, PL12 certainly gives us some room to work with concept wise ... currently looking at a Furion, or perhaps half-Furion, who wields some Cloud-like sword forged from the heart of a dying sun, or some such. Either way, consider me interested!
                  The concept sounds good. Should be interesting to see how it gets executed.

Comment

I am always interested in your games, but I typically have trouble coming up with the higher power character types.

Will definitely put some thought into it.
                    [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

I'll update Commander when I have a chance, running a game of my own tonight so I won't have the time.
                      I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

There's plenty of time. I am not closing recruitment until the 18th. I still need to get the first adventures fully plotted anyway.

Comment

I'd throw my hat into the ring as well. PL12 is a higher PL then I usually play but I'm sure I can whip up a weapons master archtype that'll fit nicely
                          Current Games

Jason Anderson (Telekinetic Storm): Infinite New Vindicators
                          Alexandria Downes (Seraph): Operation Phoenix

Comment

A pl12 weapon master isn't too different from pl10. It's just more accurate attacks and powerful weapons really plus more skills if you are so inclined.

Comment

Definitely interested. Hopefully I'll have my submission done by this evening.
                              My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Mr-Smooth)?p=68608&viewfull=1#post68608]here[/url]. And, here's the latest version of [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Edge)?p=256421&viewfull=1#post256421]The Cast[/url].
                              Currently playing in: [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6868-Xenoforce-Earth-s-Strangest-Heroes-Recruiting-2-more-players][color=#d7af50]Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes[/color][/url].

Comment

Working...
                              X