Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Task Force Gamma (IC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Task Force Gamma (IC)

Fogling
    HP:1
    Condition: Normal

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
    "Do we have someone who can fly over the target area?" Nightstalker asks again. "That first recon run will tell us where we can put the camera to watch the door over night. Planting the microphone would be secondary to getting a rough layout of the building by whoever is going to go in undercover."
    "Hmmm....well, I could do a "float over", if that counts." Fogling says with a shrug. "It would be best for me to wait until night. I could really spread myself thin and come in slowly with the direction of the wind. Doubt anyone would notice me; even if they did, they'd probably think I was just a low cloud or maybe just some fog off the South River."

He pauses for a moment like he's trying to think of something else important to say. "Well...I guess that's it. I'll volunteer to do it unless someone else wants to give it a shot. If Neo-Ninja or anyone else wants the gig, then I'm straight with it."

Comment

"You can carry the camera in your fog form?" Nightstalker asks.

Comment

Luke Moore
        HP: 1
        CND: Fine

Still lounging in the surprisingly comfortable chairs, Luke picked this moment to speak up. "If its undercover thats needed, what better cover is there than the truth? I can probably get to the door and even inside to scope it out since I do live in the area. The Ninja shouldn't have trouble sneaking in to plant a camera or two. Pipeline could probably get in as well, but his entrance would probably be the bathroom which I can't imagine would be pleasant.", says Luke saying the last bit with a smile.
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

"Sneaking in to get the layout wasn't my plan," Nightstalker says. "Someone suggested it and then someone else suggested Ajax personnel pose as a buyer and then others suggested some of the team accompany the buyer as bodyguards. So whoever all came up with that can discuss that plan now. I just suggest that that plan waits until we have external surveillance in place."

Comment

Fogling
            CND:Normal

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
            "You can carry the camera in your fog form?" Nightstalker asks.

"Hmmm....I dunno", Fogling says with an obvious frown of confusion. "Lemme give it a shot." He takes one of the small surveillance bugs from the cart and places it in his pant's pocket. "I don't think this'll be a problem. I hardly notice the weight." Through concentration, he slowly transforms into a dense humanoid mist. Taking only a few more seconds, he expands into a slightly irregular shape to test the limits of "desolidifying" the camera.

"I can definitely feel the resistance to the transformation," His voice emanates softly from the fog. ", but it's not so great that I can't convert it. I probably can't convert too much more."

"Pulling" himself together he reassembles, changing from his milky appearance back to normal. "Ok, so I guess it's a go." His voice carries a noticeably nervous tone. "So what is it *exactly* that you want me to do?"

Comment

"I just want someone to fly over the area once so we can see all the rooftops and streets and alleys surrounding the building," Nightstalker says. "We need to know if they have lookouts."

"You could just fly over this building right now to test the camera out. Making the camera into a mist doesn't sound conducive to getting a crisp, clean image."

Comment

Fogling
                Condition:Normal

"I just want someone to fly over the area once so we can see all the rooftops and streets and alleys surrounding the building," Nightstalker says. "We need to know if they have lookouts."

"You could just fly over this building right now to test the camera out. Making the camera into a mist doesn't sound conducive to getting a crisp, clean image."

"Ok, just give me the address and I'll "Google map it" in order to identify some landmarks. I just wanna make sure I'm headed over the right building. Once I'm over it, I can partially solidify a hand along with the camera to test it out. I gotta be careful though. Don't wanna reveal myself."

Fogling uses his iphone to identify some nearby landmarks. He also checks the weather to see from which direction the wind is blowing. He'll proceed on foot until he gets to a location where he feels safe to "transform" and drift up into the air.

Comment

Luke Moore

Cameras, video surveillance, and using mapping software was out of Lukes wheel house. Instead, he figured he put his talents to better use. "Unless anyone has any objections, I am going to go say hi to them and check out their merchandise. While some of you might be a bit out of place here. This is my neighborhood and its not like I wear a costume advertising myself as a hero after all. Might even find that da case they run.", declared Luke with a wry smile not really looking like he was asking permission.
                  [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Midnight Lady
                    Condition:Normal

"We'll have some surveillance soon then, for our tagger or someone else who looks likely to pick up. And if the bug works, perhaps we can plant some on windowsills of the building itself" Midnight Lady suggested, stretching her arms over her head. Getting surveillance without a warrant was handy. Maybe too handy.

She nodded at Luke. "Put a camera on your pocket" she suggested.

Comment

Luke Moore

Luke nods and starts out for his stroll, but before going looks to the others. "Might be useful to have one of the stealthier amongst us close by, just in case. You never know with gangsters.", says Luke.

Comment

• Neo Ninja

Luke hears from his back. "Got you cover danna."
                        [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

"I'll hang back as backup if things go to hell." Pipeline said a little nervously. "Even without my powers, i stick out like a sore thumb around this area. I wouldn't know stealth if it came up from behind and bit me."

Comment

Luke Moore

Luke goes over to the cart of tech and tosses Neo Ninja a comm link. "Just in case things go south I don't have to make bird sounds or hand gestures. Oh and maybe plant a few cameras around the buildings around the warehouse, for all those who love videos.", says Luke almost as an after thought. Before departing, he looks at Pipeline. "Its a street, a little water isn't out of place.", adds Luke.

Walking all the way to the gang center didn't seem like a bright idea, so Luke called up a taxi service. Ride sharing didn't seem too smart and taxis always had those fun characters. Upon getting three blocks from the distribution center, he steps out of the taxi and pays the unfortunate Freedom City new arrival who thought the West End would be a good place to live. Strolling up like he was on a walk, he kept his eyes peeled to take in his surroundings as anyone who lived in the neighborhood tended to do anyway. In addition, he also kept an eye on anything related to an assault on the warehouse such as weapons yielded, amount of gangsters, innocents, and such.

Before getting too close, he taps his comm link on. Keep your eyes open and see if you can plant some of those small cameras on the buildings around the warehouse., says Luke into the comm silently.

Upon arrival, he walks right up to the guard at the door. "Names Luke and I heard from Jack that you guys were opening up shop here with some of the good stuff. I'm not a cop or anything like that. You can ask anyone in the neighborhood. Despite what some might say, I am good for it money wise too. Ralph just has a bug up his butt because I took him for a few grand at craps. So mind letting me in so I can see what you guys are offering? I have a party later with some ladies and you know how the ladies in this neighborhood are. Liz and her friends can get pretty crazy.", says Luke.

OOC
                            Perception, Deeption: 1D20+7 = [9]+7 = 16
                            1D20+11 = [17]+11 = 28

Perception is looking to keep an eye out for the number of gangsters, how they are armed, any possible issues with innocents around, and other generally useful information.
                            Deception to sell his story he is a local checking out the drugs offered on recommendation from his friend

Comment

"Luke's been gone a while. I hope he's okay," Nightstalker says.

Comment

Working...
                              X