Task Force Gamma (IC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Force Gamma (IC)

Welcome to the West End. Located in Freedom City, this part of town is universally feared and shunned. Compared to the rest of Freedom City, which is often called a futuristic metropolis, The West End is considered run-down, falling apart, and one of the most dangerous parts of the city. One thing that didn't help The West End's already horrific reputation is the street gangs. For years, the cities various gangs, The Mafia, and other criminal groups have treated the West End as a No-Man's Land. This was especially evident by the graffiti that littered the walls all over The West End. If you were to walk down any alleyway in the West End, you would see a graffiti drawing of a cowboy, the sigh that The Rustlers had been there, across from a similar drawing of a Sorcerer, the icon of The Warlockz. For years, people have associated Freedom City's gang problems with The West End and it's neighboring districts, bring blind to the other street gangs with turf in the more "better off" districts, as they called them. The Gang Problem also flew beneath the radar of heroes like The Freedom League, who had much more to worry about then a gangs of "street punks", and often left them to be handled by the police and more "Street Level" heroes. Then, The July Bombings happened. It only took one madman's plot to end a two-year gang war to change the way Freedom City view the gangs and taught every hero an important lesson, "never underestimate the evil mundane criminals can do."

After the bombings, the public demanded more action against the gangs that plagued Freedom City. Enter the Ajax Security Corporation and the newly established Task Force Gamma. Task Force Gamma is the brainchild of John Mayweather Jr. and Richard Sanchez, two Ajax Executives and staunch anti-gang activists who grew up in The West End. The purpose behind TSG, at least according to the suits, was to provide a meta-human strike team to act against the growing threat of the city's many street gangs. To everyone's surprise, City Hall actually approved this plan and Ajax immediately set shop in the old 2B warehouse in the West End, which is where you are currently heading. As a meta-human, you were recruited into TSG by Ajax to bring the fight to the gangs, something you willingly obliged to do. This morning, you received a phone call from a Ajax Representative, telling you to meet your "teammates" and Mr. Sanchez at the old 2B warehouse. As you approached the warehouse, you see a militaristic looking security guard standing at the front gate. He is one of Ajax's security consultants, as they call them. But, other people tend to call them PMCs due to the fact that Ajax often sends the m out to the highest bidder. The consultants turns to you and says in a gruff voice," Can i help you?"

Re: Task Force Gamma (IC)

Fogling
    HP: ?
    Condition: Normal

Originally posted by Coolman View Post
    The consultants turns to you and says in a gruff voice," Can i help you?"

The lone figure - presumably a man - stands in front of the "greeter". His torn jeans, red Vans, and black "Obey" hoodie signales that he is in his teens or early 20s. It is hard to tell as his hoodie is pulled up and sunglasses cover his eyes.

"This the Ajax recruitment meeting...or something?" The nervous voice is definitely male, a youthful sounding male to be precise. "I wanna hear what you gotta say. Maybe see if we can work together."

Blain makes sure to keep his head and face covered. He is really anxious about keeping his identity secret. He's heard enough stories about security leaks and identities being revealed by hackers to be squeamish. He can't help but be overwhelmed by both the size of the warehouse and the sleek professionalism that employees of the Ajax Corporation display.

"Just call me...", he pauses as if in a brief moment of thought, "...Fogling."

OOC: Should I make any rolls? Just let me know if you need any

Comment

Luke Moore
      HP: 1
      CND: Fine

Others might have been intimidated walking down the streets of West End in just jeans, red tee-shirt, and light brown leather jacket wearing sunglasses. While he was packing a gun, it was more for show than self assurance. It was his neighborhood. The people knew him, he knew it, and even drank beers with a lot of the people who, not involved with gangs, would be viewed as criminals. Ralph, a low level free lance fence with ears every where, even invited Luke to his kids birthday. So, when Ajax started and completed building of the warehouse to security compound he knew.

There was the standard guards dressed for a war zone, which everyone seemed to think this area was already, and usual construction equipment. In some ways it reminded Luke of gangsters setting up shop. It wasn't like Luke could accuse the company of being out of place in the area though since he was an anomaly as well being a middle aged guy who willing chose to live in the area. For Lukes part, he decided to make an unassuming approach after the hooded kid made such a cautious one.

Strolling up to the gate as if he was just one of the consultants coming off break, Luke nodded at the greeter. "Looks like there's a job fair in town for Ajax jobs if someone else is here.", began Luke as he looked over the hooded guy next to him as one does when they assess others they meet in the West End. "My names Luke Moore, Richard gave me a call about coming by this newly sprung up military base for an antigang meta human team. Sounds like a reasonable guy to me, so he might have given you a list or something. If you check it, I am sure Fogling and I will be on it.", continued Luke in the same tone he would use when getting into a backroom poker game. Before giving a pause for an answer, he looked at Fogling. "Fogling? Interesting name from your parents.", says Luke.
      [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

"Pipeline here. I believe we all have an appointment."

David leaned against the wall, his face set in a scowl. He definitely did not have a good morning. First of all, he woke up late which was rather unusual for an habitual early riser like himself. To top it all off, his wife Miranda was her standard prissy self during breakfast; "subtly" hinting that they might be happier back home in her native London and leave all this super heroic nonsense behind. David was tempted as he hadn't been in England since the honeymoon but it was not in his nature to merely leave his hometown in its dire need.

He wore his uniform with attached face mask though he often walked around in his water form:

Pipeline resisted the urge to splash a jet of water at the questioner's face and instead waited for someone in charge to arrive.

Comment

Alexia Danvers
          HP: 1/1

"Fogling? What kind of name is that?"
          came from the 3rd of the group. The voice belonged to a small woman, roughly 27 years of age. She could be described as cute, if it wasn't for the several piercings on her lip, ears and nose, several tattoos over her exposed arms and face and her asymmetric blond hair, a buzzcut on one side contrasting the long blonde locks on the other side. And her attitude stank, she was confident, cocky and could be arrogant. It would be an understandable mistake to think Alexia was a ganger, since at one point she was. She wore a worn hoody with no iconography, leather gloves, a tank top and loose fitting jeans with lots of cuts and tears, over steel capped boots. Her physique was lean, but muscled and with several scars.

She blew a bubble with her chewing gum, smirking at the guard. "Whadda we have hear? Nice shiny Ajax military man, you gonna protect me Mr big guy? Don't need protecting me, been looking after meself just fine." Alexia taunted. She felt good today though, she felt confident. Ever since her betrayal and subsequent attack of the old Flames stronghold, and whatever freakish thing happened to her afterwards, she has always felt strong and confident. There was a feeling of anger and rage perpetually on the edges of her emotional state, but Alexia chalked that down to the stuff she has been though. She glanced back at the rest of the group.
          "No, I'm not lost, I got an invite, just like you upstanding members of society. Names Alexia" Alexia added as an after thought.
          Current Games

Jason Anderson (Telekinetic Storm): Infinite New Vindicators
          Alexandria Downes (Seraph): Operation Phoenix

Comment

The Ajax coordinator looked at the gathered group of metas with a blank look. He then stepped aside and said to them," Enter the Warehouse, Mr. Rodriguez is expecting you." As you walked into the warehouse, you see a desk with a woman setting at it, using a computer. In the room behind her, you see a bunch of computer screens with images that varied from a cowboy all the way to a crown. The secretary looks up at you and says," Enter the briefing room, Mr. Rodriguez and Mr. Mayweather will be with you soon Feel free to use the screens in front of you, they will give you information on the city's gangs if you need them."

Comment

Nightstalker
              HP: (do we have any?); Round: ooc

Kendra slipped out of her hideout wearing her dark gray leotard and gray tights. It felt unusual to her to be out and about during the day as she scaled the wall to the rooftop. Up top she looked out over Freedom City toward the West End. Not a lot of tall buildings over there. She headed northeast along 64th toward the tall buildings surrounding Liberty Park. Scaling the tallest she spreads her wind flaps and glides across the south side of Parkside barely sailing over Route 6 into West End before she has to land. From there she cannot find a tall enough build to make the climb worth wile. So she walks the last mile to the TFG facility. Walking in she seems to be last to arrive.

From a thin belt around her waist she withdraws her invitation to the task force. "I think I'm in the right place," says the 18 year old girl to security officer as she hands him the letter. "I was told there would be a meeting here with a Mr. Rodriguez."

She's directed to a waiting area where she sees a few colorfully dressed vigilantes. As she enters, they all look at her. She gathers up her inner strength and strides in like she was stepping out onto the mat at the Olympics. She nods to the others and walks over to a chair. "Hi, I'm K-- Nightstalker."

Comment

Neo Ninja

Hatori was there at the warehouse, hearing all what was being said, while remaining hidden in the darkness of the shadows between the large ship cargo containers. He slipped into the warehouse when the guard was entertained by the others, and promptly popped in behind the group, as if he had been there the whole time. "Oh.. ehm...Ohayo... ehm..." he muttered, through the dark mask that covered his face and head.

Stealth 21, rerolling with luck point, 29
                [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Fogling
                  HP: ?

"Fogling? What kind of name is that?" came from the 3rd of the group.

"Fogling? Interesting name from your parents.", says Luke.

Blain lowers his head and lets out sigh. "I dunno...could call myself The Fog. Maybe...Foglet? Or Fogboy? I can't think of anything better off the top of my head. Fogling sounds the least lame to me. Besides I ain't usin' my real name. No way. If these animals find out who you are and where you live, things are gonna get ugly sooner or later."

Blain looks past Alexia and Luke and sees Nightstalker enter the warehouse. As he refocuses on Alexia and Luke, he suddenly sees the black-clad ninja standing right behind them. Blain points past his two new acquaintances, "Whoa! Where did he come from?"
                  Last edited by Supernaturalist; 06-16-2018, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Midnight Lady

HP 1

Suddenly, in the middle of the group at the door, a woman in purple and black appeared, seemingly from nowhere. "Midnight Lady here, boys. And girl." She was wearing a leotard, black on the edges, purple down the middle, with knee-high black boots. A black sash cut across her waist with a palm-sized deep blue gem of a smooth cut on her left hip, and a choker with a smaller gem of the same cut on her throat. A bandana with whited-out eye holes covered the top half of her face, a hint of black hair coming below it from behind.

Comment

David followed the others into the briefing room, feeling a little out of place. Not because of the situation with the Ajax company. He understood the professionalism of the staff and he saw it no different than dealing with the various civic organizations on a daily basis such as the fire department or the police bomb squad. No, the unease came from listening to the other metahumans. Some talked tough or acted coolly enigmatic like they were rehearsing for a televised crime drama or something but there was no disguising the fact that they are young.

Suddenly David felt old and wished he changed into liquid and leave the warehouse via the nearest sink.

Of course that meant going home and listen to Miranda's bitching yet again.

Pipeline tried to keep a calm composure even when another member came out of nowhere and spooked some of the others including him. He walked forward past the secretary but did not activate the screen in front of him as he turned to face the others.

"I know why i'm here today. What's your excuse?" he asked.

Comment

Luke Moore
                        HP: 1
                        CND: Fine

Ajax couldn't be faulted for being unprofessional. They even had state of the art technology for information gathering and the modern trappings of technology. Luke didn't bother giving the screen a look. The others were colorful to say the least taking up alias's and monikers as if Ajax hadn't already sussed out all the identities behind the facades they put up.

Blain lowers his head and lets out sigh. "I dunno...could call myself The Fog. Maybe...Foglet? Or Fogboy? I can't think of anything better off the top of my head. Fogling sounds the least lame to me. Besides I ain't usin' my real name. No way. If these animals find out who you are and where you live, things are gonna get ugly sooner or later."
                        Fogling was the worst of the group it seemed in terms of thinking he could be anonymous. "The Fog has a nice ring to it. It sounds like it would make a horrible movie or book, so yeah for your legacy Fogling is good enough. No skin off my back if you want to keep who you are a secret so long as I can trust you out there although I suspect Ajax has done enough background checks to have a good clue who you are. Just saying.", responded Luke to the overly protective hero.

Relaxing a little and still ignoring the screen, he sort of felt like he was in a heroes anonymous meeting. "My name is Luke Moore and I like to fight gangs to keep people safe.", began Luke. At this point in the other types of meetings he would get a hello Luke back. This wasn't one of those meetings. "Speaking for myself, one of the not upstanding members of society here, I'm here because one of the people who work for John and Dick down the line got my name on the list. Good fellow really, but bad at poker. Something tells me though I should have come up with a cool cover name and put on a costume vs clothes that haven't been washed since the marathon game of craps last week after seeing all of your outfits. Good morning to you by the way Ninja. Nice touch with the entrance.", finishes Luke. As he speaks, regardless of ones native tongue, his words sound as if he had spoken the native tongue of the listener his whole life.

A casual observer could easily point out that one of these things was not like the other in the room. There was a ninja, punk dressed girl, and other dressed in heroic garb. After that, there was a middle aged guy in a shirt, jeans, brown leather jacket, and cheap beach going sun glasses. A casual person might even feel out of sorts. A casual person was not Luke.
                        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Kendra gave the screen a cursory glance. She hadn't had access to a computer in years. She wondered if her favorite webcomic was still being updated. But instead found herself reading about the local gangs. She had had a few run-ins with a couple of gang members but had never tried to take on an organized group of gang members like this. She read through a few of the dossiers.

Comment

Fogling
                            HP:?

Fogling was the worst of the group it seemed in terms of thinking he could be anonymous. "The Fog has a nice ring to it. It sounds like it would make a horrible movie or book, so yeah for your legacy Fogling is good enough. No skin off my back if you want to keep who you are a secret so long as I can trust you out there although I suspect Ajax has done enough background checks to have a good clue who you are. Just saying.", responded Luke to the overly protective hero.

"Whatever bruh....", Blain pulls one hand out from his hoodie-muff and extends it towards Luke as if to shake hands. Luke notices that the hand has a black and orange glove on it. Maybe it's a dirt-bikers glove, but it's hard to tell. "I look forward to working with you, bruh. What do I call you?"

Afterwards, Blain walks into the room with the monitors. He takes a moment to look over all the new faces, making a mental note of each persons appearance. This should be interesting. There's some real characters here. Then he immediately begins to look up more information on Los Incas.

Comment

Alexia Davies
                              HP:1

Faced with the lack of a response to her opening statements, Alexia shrugged and followed the group in, taking some time to light a cigarette. She was a little bit cautious and wound tight from all the situation unwinding, and the meta's she had somehow got herself involved with. Doesn't matter, they were paying well and being what she assumed was an advisor on gang activity, it was easy money. Of course, she didn't know why she was being dragged along, but it was better than making coffees all day everyday.

As the group was lead into the tent, Alexia looked around at the tech in place and whistled. Ajax clearly was taking this seriously, but Alexia secretly thought that there initiative would fail, gangs survived through Meta humans, how would Ajax survive in there place?
                              "I know why i'm here today. What's your excuse?" he asked.

"Ajax need me cuz I used to roll with the flames. Don't bother looking, they aren't rolling anymore, long gone. But I'm your lil' expert on gangs." Alexia said, with a slight grin on her face. She raised her free hand up. "I'm not in the game anymore, left a while back, I'll help ya out."

Current Games

Jason Anderson (Telekinetic Storm): Infinite New Vindicators
                              Alexandria Downes (Seraph): Operation Phoenix

Comment

Working...
                              X