(OOC and Interest Check 3ed) Task Force Gamma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (OOC and Interest Check 3ed) Task Force Gamma

Throughout Freedom City's history it has had to endure things like alien invasions, constant assaults from super villains, and other unpleasant things. One constant plague however, has been ignored, street gangs. For a long time, Freedom's City's many street gangs have always been below the notice of a lot of Freedom's heroes, who often leave the police and more "street level" heroes to deal with them. Then, The July Explosions happened. It all started with a petty grudge against the War Dogs, a gang of Para-Militaristic thugs, and The Riverside Bulldogs, a gang of skinheads. These two gangs have been at war with each other for two years, with no sign of it ending any time soon. This grudge eventually escalated into a full-blown war between the two gangs, which then proceeded to suck in more gangs. Eventually, the leader of the War Dogs, a mysterious individual named The Major, decided to end the gang war with a show of force. So, on the 4th of July of 20XX, he arranged for a series of car bombs to be placed near gang hangouts across the city. Then, when the city's annual fire works show began, he detonated the bombs. The results were catastrophic, not only were fifteen people killed in the blasts, it cost $500,000,000 dollars in damages and injured 100s. To make matters worse, the bombings caused a lot of the gangs in the city to riot against the War Dogs, resulting in even more chaos, forcing members of the Freedom League to interfere.

After the incident, the Freedom League and other heroes across the city learned a rough lesson, never underestimate the danger of mundane criminals. The Freedom League's first course of action was, of course, stamping out the War Dogs, which they did effectively, until they met The Major. The Major, who turned out to be a Metahuman who could control fire, who taken down, but not without a rough fight that injured a few auxiliary members. After the War Dogs were effectively eliminated, the Public demanded a way to keep another July incident from happening. Enter John Mayweather Jr. and Hector Sanchez, two well known anti-gang advocates and executives in a security company called Ajax. The two Ajax executives came to city hall one day and offered a solution to the gang problem, let them start a Hero group sponsored by Ajax dedicated to fighting gangland activity throughout the city. To everyone's surprise, City Hall agreed and let them set up shop in a old Ajax Warehouse in The West End.

This is where you come in, you are a Hero who has chosen to work for Task Force Gamma, the name of the group, to fight Freedom City's many gangs and other street level criminals. Not only will you have your powers to defend you, you will have the best gadgetry that Ajax can provide. So, are you ready to bring some justice out to the gangs?

Hi guys, Coolman here. This is my second attempt at a forum RP here in Roninarmy. As you can see by the description, in this RP you will be playing as a superhero group sponsered by The Ajax Security Corporation. Your main goal? To fight the city's street gangs and whatever nasty surprises they may have in store for you. The tone of the campaign will be grayscale and the PL are 8-9. So, anyone interested?
    Last edited by Coolman; 06-10-2018, 10:31 PM. Reason: A bit more detail

Re: (OOC and Interest Check 3ed) Task Force Gamma

Originally posted by Coolman View Post
    Not only will you have your powers to defend you, you will have the best gadgetry that Ajax can provide.
    Does this mean we need to invest a bunch of PP in devices/equipment, or that we're given Ajax products on top of whatever our character brings to the table?

I'm full up on PL8/120PP games, but would be interested in bringing a PL8/160PP (to a PL 9/145PP game if needed) or a PL10/150PP. (E: 9/145? I cannot math. Should have been 135)

I'll also put myself on point and ask the uncomfortable question: I see you have a prior PBP you ran that died young. How can we be sure this one won't suffer the same fate? Have you identified what went wrong last time and figured out how to get things working?
    Last edited by Nunya B; 06-11-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunya B View Post
      Does this mean we need to invest a bunch of PP in devices/equipment, or that we're given Ajax products on top of whatever our character brings to the table?

I'm full up on PL8/120PP games, but would be interested in bringing a PL8/160PP (to a PL 9/145PP game if needed) or a PL10/150PP.

I'll also put myself on point and ask the uncomfortable question: I see you have a prior PBP you ran that died young. How can we be sure this one won't suffer the same fate? Have you identified what went wrong last time and figured out how to get things working?
      You are given Ajax gadgetry to help you on your missions. I think my last one died due to me not posting frequently enough and waiting for others to post before i do. This time, i will post more frequently and respond more quickly to players making an action. Also, i am willing to make this a PL9 game. Not to sure on PL10, don't want the gangers to get mowed through that easily.

Comment

You are given Ajax gadgetry to help you on your missions. I think my last one died due to me not posting frequently enough and waiting for others to post before i do. This time, i will post more frequently and respond more quickly to players making an action. Also, i am willing to make this a PL9 game. Not to sure on PL10, don't want the gangers to get mowed through that easily.
        Thank you for clarifying that, that sounds interesting!

I should clarify that this is a particular PL8/160PP I've been interested in playing, not just a generic statement "I'd like to make some PL8/160PP and play them in a PL 9 game". I'll get them typed into bbcode and PM'd to you so you'd know in advance what you'd be looking at if you said "Sure, you can apply with a PL8/160PP to this PL9/##PP game". Might take a bit, I don't have much free time in the next 36 hours.

That sounds like you've learned from the last game, good to hear! That dispels those worries, thank you.

I can completely understand regarding not making it PL 10. Though as I mentioned in the other thread, PL 3 mooks don't last very long against even a PL 8 who's ready for mass combat.

Comment

I'd be interested in a PL 8 game.

Do you have any character design requirements? Anything you don't want to see? (EDIT: I get that the tone is street-level, but if there's any particular effect, power or character concept you'd rather not deal with, it would save time knowing so upfront.)
          Last edited by Rush; 06-11-2018, 07:32 AM.
          My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Mr-Smooth)?p=68608&viewfull=1#post68608]here[/url]. And, here's the latest version of [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Edge)?p=256421&viewfull=1#post256421]The Cast[/url].
          Currently playing in: [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6868-Xenoforce-Earth-s-Strangest-Heroes-Recruiting-2-more-players][color=#d7af50]Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes[/color][/url].

Comment

The tone of the campaign will be grayscale and the PL are 8-9. So, anyone interested?
            Street level is my favorite...heck yeah!

Comment

I have been looking to get back into gaming here. Color me interested.

Comment

Alright, feel free to start making Character sheets. Also, i realky have no limits about what you make, as long as it no overpowered or against the site rules.

Comment

PL 8, 120PP? Or something else?
                  My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Mr-Smooth)?p=68608&viewfull=1#post68608]here[/url]. And, here's the latest version of [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Edge)?p=256421&viewfull=1#post256421]The Cast[/url].
                  Currently playing in: [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6868-Xenoforce-Earth-s-Strangest-Heroes-Recruiting-2-more-players][color=#d7af50]Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes[/color][/url].

Comment

Yeah, PL 8 120 is good. So is Pl 9, 145

Comment

I'm interested. What comic era? Golden, Silver, Bronze, iron, etc?

And could you lock down the PL/PP level? Any variant rules in play? Any powers forbidden (or more likely highly discouraged)?

Comment

This is also Iron Age.

Comment

The pl is 8 and pp is 120

Comment

Name: Hatori Zenzou AKA Neo Ninja Height 1.6mts
                            Skin: Pale Weight 50kg
                            Hair: Clear brown
                            Eyes: Black Age: 17

Hatori is the son of the son of the son of the son of the son of one of the most famous ninjas of all times, Hattori Zenzou. He, much unlike his ancestor, is passionate for manga and anime, and technological gadgets. His father never approved, and tried to push the young man to the ways of the ninja since he was a toddler.
                            In his early teenage years, the Black Hand Clan, the clan where Hatori belonged, experienced some violent split ups. After much fighting, poisoning and espionage, two clans emerged from the chaos, the former Black Hand clan, and the Purple Lotus clan, a more radical faction. The fighting continued for some years after that, and his family moved to the west after some sketchy deals with other parts of the clan, hoping to leave all behind. However, the Purple Lotus was already everywhere.... Including Freedom city.
                            The complicated situation his family was in forced the young boy to mature, and using his expertise in technology and the shinobi training he received, he created a suit of tools to turn him into the ultimate ninja. Before he could complete it, the enemy clan attacked, and would have erased Hatori and his family if it weren't by his half cooked suit and his father's skills. However his father was gravely injured in the fight. His father couldn't train him from the hospital, and his mother and sister were relocated for protection, so he did what he thought was best, take to the streets. He didnt really have any income, and expensive hospital bills to cover.
                            Perhaps his approach at it was not very standard. Instead of turning to crime, where his skills would be quite fitting, he started to stalk several gangs and other loose criminals. Jumping from the shadows or deceiving them with illusions to strike swiftly, he robbed the robbers. The police would find the criminals in various states of injury but alive, and the ill gotten money would not be anywhere to be found. Next day Hatori would go to the hospital to pay.
                            This situation continued until the July incident. That changed everything. With the freedom league taking down the gangs, there were not fat fish for Hatori to fish. And then the Ajax initiative seemed to have descended from heaven, offering not only an actual JOB doing what he already did, but also advanced technology! What a treat. If this was a trap, Hatori walked into it with a smile in his dumb face.

Complications
                            Easily distracted : Hattori... he is not the person with outmost concentration. It takes too little to distract him from his goal, objective or mission. Even the tiniest distraction can have him wander off into trouble.
                            Enemy: The Purple Lotus clan is still looking for those powerful weapons.
                            Relationships : Hatori's father is in the hospital and his mother and sister are under governmental protection.
                            Fascinated by tech : Hatori's thin concentration is drawn thinner when faced with advanced tech.

Abilities ( 36 pp)
                            Strength 0 , Stamina 4 , Agility 4 , Dexterity 1 , Fighting 6 , Intellect 0 , Awareness 3 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 41 pp)
                            Chakra blockage jutsu ( Afliction 8 : 3: Paralyzed. Progressive, limited to 3rd. Fort. Accurate. Subtle ) · 18 point/s
                            Hidden blade jutsu ( Damage 10 : Linked: Chakra blockage. Secondary effect. Subtle, Limited: Usable on surprised characters. ) · 11 point/s
                            Ninjato style ( AP: Damage 8 : Accurate, Split 1, Subtle ) · 1 point/s
                            Techno Shinobi array ( Device : Removable -1/5 ) · 11 point/s
                            21st Century Smoke bomb ( Concealment : Visual senses, Attack, Burst area DC 14 ) · 0 point/s
                            Holographic proyector ( AP: Illusion 6 : Two sense types (vision sound) ) · 0 point/s
                            Movement enhancers ( AP: Movement : Safe fall, Swinging, Trackless, Wall Crawling 2 ) · 0 point/s

Advantages ( 12 pp)
                            All out attack 1 , Defensive roll 4 , Evasion 2 , Hide in plain sight 1 , Improved aim 1 , Move by attack 1 , Power attack 1 , Luck 1.

Skills ( 16 pp)

Acrobatics 8 (+ 12 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 0 (+ 0 ), Expertise () 0 (+ 0 ), Insight 2 (+ 5 ), Treatment 0 (+ 0 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 0 ), Close 0 (+ 6 ), Ranged 0 (+ 1 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 4 ), Sleight of Hand 6 (+ 7 ), Perception 5 (+ 8 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 0 ), Stealth 11 (+ 15 ).

Offence
                            Initiative: 8
                            Chakra blockage jutsu [/b] + 8 Attack for DC: 18 Range: Ranged ( )
                            Hidden blade jutsu [/b] + 6 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee ( )
                            Ninjato style [/b] + 8 Attack for DC: 23 Range: 0 ( )

Defence ( 15 pp)
                            Parry: Rank ( 2 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
                            Dodge: Rank ( 4 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
                            Toughness: Feat/power ( 4 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 8
                            Fortitude: Rank ( 6 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
                            Will: Rank ( 3 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 6
                            Last edited by Evolución; 06-15-2018, 07:26 PM.
                            [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

You are accepted

Comment

Working...
                              X