Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Well informed: 1D20+12 = [5]+12 = 17 Ok i'm going with recognising Glamous Goo Girl and Dr. Toupeira

Bombshell

Bombshell looked over the group a moment, recognised the meta-human professor and an actress amongest and concluded they weren't the problem "Bombshell. Working with campus security, a saw an unidentified energy emission and came to evaulate the situation. " She offered her campus issued I.D as proof "One of your security team is down, but stable. But if any of you have any medical training i'd appericate a second examination. " Bombshell gestured towads Arc "This is Arc she's a local ... " she pause a moment searching for the correct word " Freelancer. "

Comment

Gustavo Grief
      HP: 1, Cnd: Normal

<"There they are!"> Gustavo stopped at the doorway, gazing into the room full of stange items. Many looked old, some vaguely familiar, but many seeming to come from places and times that were just a mystery to him. These objects, however, were not his concern. No, he gazed at the clear case where the dual revolvers sat reverently, still gleaming like silver moonlight cast into solid form, though many of the complicated and carefully inscribed charms were invisible now... They had been asleep for as long as he had, it seemed.

Looking around the room, Gustavo would pick up the first weighty thing he could get his hands on to throw against the clear case. He'd break that covering and recover his tools, ready for the worse this night.
      "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Arc
        Hp:1

Emily was about to introduce herself when Bombshell chimed in. That’s alright...when she lets me introduce myself I’ll put out a small burst and they’ll be like Woah! She’s so powerful!

Her face went to a wide smile then turned into a frown when Bombshell said she was a freelancer...I mean ya technically she’s right, but why not Arc, the new hero in town! Next time she’d have to assert herself a bit more and introduce herself.

“You guys haven’t encountered any birds that suck blood have you. The security guard looked like he had a bite taken out of him and on the way here I saw some bird people flying towards the university.”

Emily once again pulls out the feather to show to the other group.

Looking past the group she points to the man breaking the case.

”Is he supposed to be doing that?”
        Last edited by Awfulmonk; 23rd April 2018, 06:13 AM.
        GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

Games I'm In:
        Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

Comment

Nora
          HP 1 Luck 2 Condition Fine

"Hey what do you think you're doing?!" Nora rushed over to where Gustavo was currently reclaiming his lost weapons and glared down at him. "Those belong to the University! You're not even supposed to touch things in those fancy cases! Not even if they're really pretty!

She stopped for a second, possibly reflecting on something until she realised that she's gotten a little off track...

"Also you shouldn't throw things inside." She finished off, trying (and failing), to regain some momentum.
          [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
          [B]Playing[/B]
          [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
          [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

The Glamorous Goo Girl
            HP: 1 Condition: Solid

Moira enters the room through the breech in the wall. She looks at the feather Arc is holding, "Bird vampires? Is that a thing?" At the sound of breaking glass she looks over at the mummy. "Should he be doing that?"

Comment

Professor Salinas is likewise shocked, and more than a little confused. "The case wasn't even locked because the exhibits are so new...Wait a minute!"

In his excitement, any fear the seemingly average middle-aged academic would feel over talking to a mummy is gone.

"You...you were in the coffin, the sarcophagus they brought here a little while ago. The workers said a man walked out of it, but I assumed it was just empty and they were spinning a tall tale. But we recovered these near the same site so...these must be yours!"

He frowns, something just hitting him. Its not that a possibly undead figure is grabbing a pair of guns, or that there was an attack on a security guard.

"But...you're not Chumash, or Barbereno, or native at all. Going by those features, I'd say...Germanic." He sighs. "The European Historical society will be all over me for this."

Finally, something more important comes to his attention. Gustavo is surprised-he can understand every word the man is saying, though the words seem slightly accented.

"Oh, right, Mark!" He looks at the security guard-Mark must be his name, evidently- and pulls out his cell phone. "Yes, this Professor Salinas, at Bay University. There's a man here, injured."

When he's finished, he turns to Dr. Toupeira. "There's a security office just down the hall. Maybe the cameras will tell us who did this." Anyone who looks at said cameras will notice strange sigils written in what looks like soot under them.

He bends down and examines Mark's shoulder. "My dear, I doubt we're looking for a winged Hematophage. Most species of vampire do not actually have wings. And in any case, whatever attacked this man was not trying to drink his blood alone. See?" He points to a spot on the man's shoulder that looks torn and yet freshly healed. He also indicates a swollen lump on the back of Mark's head.

"No, whatever did this knocked him out and was trying to eat him, or at least pieces of him." Salinas stops, considering what he just said.

"Dear god. Why, but that sounds like Avians. But why would they want to steal native artifacts? And why heal a man after attempting to eat him?"

Anybody who cares to can make a Technology check to examine the security footage.
              Anyone with Expertise (magic) can try to identify the runes.
              Last edited by Arthur Eld; 23rd April 2018, 04:30 PM.
              [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Rune
                HP 0; Luck: 0; Condition: *facepalm*

Well, at leas the mummy isn't getting into trouble. Rune notices the, well, runes, beneath the cameras, and examines them.

Expertise (Magic): 1D20 + 12 = [1]+12 = 13

Comment

Gustavo Grief
                  HP: 1, Cnd: Normal

By the time Nora rushed towards the case, Gustavo would already have the two revolvers out and would be chambering shells into the ornate handguns. Her sudden charge in his direction would already put him on guard as he kicked off of the ground, leaping backwards away from her and flicking the two guns closed with a crisp metal snap. <"Until I know more about you, monster, I will bear you the benefit of the doubt. But I warn you, I will not hesitate to--"> He began to caution Nora when the sound of another voice caught his ears.

Like the Mage he had met earlier, this man seemed to be speaking a sensible language! <"I... do not know those names."> He admitted when the man began to list off the native tribes. A touch of curiosity and wonder deviated his wariness momentarily as the man walked off. He did however turn another glance at the heroic totemic figure that had approached him, raising one eyebrow before he carefully slid his weapons into the bandages at his hips beneath the tattered robes he wore. <"I think we have more pressing matters to attend."> Commenting as he moved to follow the strange fellow.

Finding himself once more in the mage's presence, he would follow her gaze towards the strange images and furrowed his brow in thought.

<"Mage, what is this? I believe I recognize these symbols."> He asked as he searched his memory of the distant past.

Expertise Magic: 1D20+10 = [16]+10 = 26
                  "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Gustavo knows magical symbols when he sees them alright. They seem like something one would use to obscure viewing, which doesn't make any sense to Gustavo. Normally such sigils would be put above windows or large entry-ways, why have them in-doors under strange little half-spheres of dark glass?

When he explains what they are to Rune however, she understands that this magic was designed to distort what the cameras saw.

"Those are Ohlone symbols, specifically those used by the Ramaytush people. But I don't understand, why are they here now?" Salinas muses.

Cause sometimes, it takes teamwork to make the team work.

Comment

"I don't know much about this mumbo-jumbo you and the mummy are talking about. But does this mean we probably won't see anything on the security footage?" Moira asks.

Comment

Arc
                        HP:1

Emily bumps her way to the front almost as in response to the womans question...

"Here, I can clean that up let me give it a shot."

Hijacking the computers her fingers fly over the keys and while her brow narrows in frustration, she did what she could and she swivels the chair to face those behind her.

"Let's try it now."

Technology Roll: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23
                        Last edited by Awfulmonk; 23rd April 2018, 07:04 PM.

Games I'm In:

Comment

The cameras show...almost nothing. At first you see the exhibits pristine, untouched, with Mark the security guard and Professor Salinas making an appearance at points, walking through the room.

And then, the exhibits are just gone. The Fire of the Sun and Moon was in its case, and then it wasn't. A few other displays are smashed open, their contents vanished. This all happens in less than a second. Obviously the footage was tampered with. This was planned well in advance, that much is clear.

Comment

Dr. Moleman
                            HP: 1

Dr. Toupeira did his best to add in his two cents. He was decent with computers, had to be in this technologically oriented time in education, and while he'd never formally studied magic, he'd picked up on things in the process of interacting with his peers, very little of which escaped his recall these days.Finding that people seemed to very much have everything in hand in those areas, he also started walking around the area to see if there was anything additional to be seen.
                            What are you expecting, Leonard? A bloody glove? A straight-razor studded with orangutan hair? A smoking gun? He took in a deep breath, and then expelled it.

"I am sorry, Professor Salinas," he said finally, but it seems like this might just be something that we need to leave to a proper investigator and crime lab."[/color] He chuckled desultorily and added, "Look at me... it's infectious, isn't it? People in costumes show up, we all act like these powers give us some special insight into the world." Setting one paw on the professor's shoulder, he adds, "I'm sure everything will turn up. Now, not to be insensitive, were these the artifacts I was asked to look at?"

OOC
                            Sorry for the delay. Long weekend, and between work and play rehearsal, my time is suddenly more constrained, exacerbating the lack of sleep.

He has Technology, and he's using Eidetic Memory in an attempt to help out on the magic. Technology, Expertise (Magic): 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19
                            1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
                            . That might be enough to tip Arc's check up another degree.

And Investigate: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13 is pretty lousy for looking for additional clues.
                            [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                            [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Arc
                              Hp: 1

Emily looked at the professor, she’d of course heard of him. When her parents were trying to get her to go college they had used him as an example of why she should go to college here. But she hadn’t and now she was here, albeit under totally different circumstances.

“Excuse me professor, but I think you’re wrong. At least about waiting for a crime lab and an investigator. I’m a hero. Which means I stop crime. I’ve been doing it longer then I’ve been able to drive a car.” Technically that was true, her first official recon was about two weeks before she got her license but those details didn’t matter.

“I’m here now, these people are here now. By the time the cops show up whoever did this will be long gone. There’s...what...a half dozen of us here. I’m sure if we organize ourselves and spread out one of us will be able to find some clues. Rather than sitting next to a computer and saying “Oh well.” I mean, we don’t know what these guys are capable of. Professor Salinas just said they tried to eat someone, what if they actually eat someone else? I’m not okay with that, and I can do something to stop it. And honestly, I wouldn’t mind all the help I can get.”

Arc is assuming by your comment a lot of things...however for a bunch of people that will hopefully become a group...it’s a good speech to get us started.
                              Last edited by Awfulmonk; 24th April 2018, 06:19 AM.

Games I'm In:

Comment

Bombshell

"What's this Fire of the Sun and Moon supposed do? And does it a require a site in order to do it. Because i'm guessing who broke in thinks the damn thing works. " Bombshell asked

Comment

Working...
                                X