Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Gustavo watched the creature continue to speak, tilting his head somewhat as he tried to make heads or tails of what it might be saying. <"You're a talkative one, aren't you?"> He finally commented once there was a long enough pause in the comedy bit for him to assess the entire show and come to the conclusion that it had completely passed him by. Whatever he was saying, it didn't sound like a threat, but also he couldn't quite make out the meaning of his statements.

His eyebrows furrowed them as he saw the mole then begin to gesture... something. What was this? Some kind of silent language? code? <"Where am i going?"> he hazarded a guess, frowning as he tilted his head back to glance towards the stone buildings once more. Did he have time to waste on this? If nothing else this was his first chance to glean some knowledge about where he was and why a Monster was walking out and about! Clearly they hadn't overun the region, as he had seen humans in the other building and a nearby... strange... statue seemed to indicate they still retained their dominance.

<"I am seeking to find that which is mine, Monster. It lay within these environs and I will claim them again. Do not seek to stop me.">

It would be at this point that his ears heard the movement, giving away it's exact position as his head swivelled sharply towards Rune's position, eyes gleaming lightly in the low light as he could identify the strange human immediately. The strange markings she bore were familiar, bringing to mind the kind of ritualistic runes that had been used so oftenly in the wars, but none were familiar to him immediately.

<"Stand fast, I'm not entirely certain whether or not this creature is safe. Make no sudden movements!"> He called out as he began to walk slowly to stand between her and Dr Toupeira.

Not a bad thought on the Int check. Gustavo would be a couple of thousands years old, so he'd be speaking a rather old language, but who knows. If the university had been excavating and collecting things from that era, like his sarcophagus, there is a chance he might have picked up something.

Perception 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
    "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Rune
      HP 1; Luck 1; Condition: Pissed at herself.

Rune swears, then enters the light so that the other two can see her (and she can see them better). She keeps her eyes on the magic one as she circles him, sizing him up, because the moleman seems nice enough. "No friend of mine, and I'm assuming no friend of yours either."

Comment

Dr. Moleman
        HP: 1

Dr. Toupeira smiled slightly.
        "No. But he seems intelligent enough, just not from around here." His smile drooped and he squinted one eye slightly. "I cannot place his language... sounds sort of Indian? Not Native American Indian, but... well, actually, it could be one of those." His mouth quirked a bit. "Despite James's assertions, I don't speak, or understand, any of those languages, although they do have some rather fascinating qualities such as the... ah, but I digress." He gently laid one hand on the bandaged man's shoulder, ready to snatch it back if he needed to.

"Calm down, sir. I don't think she means us any harm," he said in soothing tones. "Although he did reach for his hip when I greeted him... I suspect trying to pat him down would agitate him, but I wonder whether he normally carries a weapon. Ah, but again... this is far too late an hour for me." He let out a sigh and then looked at Rune with a pleading look in his eyes.

"Please tell me you are just a student on a late-night tryst, not some alien bounty hunter, a Skinwalker trying to track down stolen artifacts, android seeking its creator?" He trailed off, looking at her speculatively. "Although I was off to the Native American Cultural Studies to pose for some pictures as I look at things that are outside of my academic domain, so if you are looking for artifacts, I can't let you just walk off with them, but maybe we could strike a deal? Assuming he's not the Skinwalker..." He looked at Gustavo.

"Either way, I expect they will be expecting me... are we going to be able to avoid any unpleasantness?"
        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Rune
          HP 0; Luck 0; Status: Normal

"Look, doc, maybe you better get home. I'm here because some sort of major magic mojo **** is going down here tonight. And I don't think it's him. She looks at Gustavo some more. "But I guess I can't leave without finding out his story." Rune pats down her jacket, looking for... aha! A bottle of ink and a quill. "Just a sec..." She scrawls a magic circle on the back of her hand. She doesn't know what language he's speaking, but she's heard enough for the magic to do the rest. The makeshift tattoo starts glowing.

<"Yo. What's your deal?">

---
          OOC:
          Hero point for jury-rigging 1 point for Enhanced Advantage (Language [Gustavo's Language)]. Should be DC 16, not 15 like in the rolls. Expertise (Magic) vs. DC 15: 1D20 + 12 = [1]+12 = 13 is a failure, but spending my Luck reroll for Expertise (Magic) vs. DC 15: 1D20 + 12 = [12]+12 = 24, should last for the scene.

Comment

Gustavo's attention would turn back and forth between the two as the spoke, uncertain as to whether or not the two knew each other or not. He wasn't comfortable with how familiar the mole was becoming and he would be quick to shrug his shoulder back when he placed his hand on him! However for all the forwardness of the beast, he wasn't being a threat, and the thought of actually attacking this strange monster when he wasn't a combatant didn't feel right.

Then when the strange marked woman drew out some paper, his attention became entirely focused upon her.

<"Wait. You're a mage?"> He asked as she wove her magic, and then she spoke as plain as day!

<"Amazing! I did not recognize you in such attire!"> His hand moved to his chest as he smiled somewhat. <"My name is Gustavo and I bring Grief to my foes. What is this? What is this creature?"> Gustavo said, immediately gesturing firmly towards Dr Toupeira. <"The last time I have seen a creature such as this, they would have been trying to disembowel you at a moments notice!">

His gaze would then also return to glancing back towards the buildings once more. <"There is something ominous in the air this night.">

Also, I think you could save your luck point. Just spending a HP would let you get that advantage alone I think
            "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Dr. Moleman
              HP: 1

Dr. Toupeira looked skyward.
              "Great. Now there's two of them jabbering in it," he said quietly to the uncaring heavens. He looked back down and shrugged.

"Well, as you said, something going down. I will let security know about it as I head for Native American Studies center. Good luck." And, with those words, he resumed his course to his prior destination.

OOC
              :-P Seemed apropos. He's not actively escaping the situation, but he is keeping his options open there.
              [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
              [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Rune
                HP 0; Luck 0; Condition: Normal

<"He's a mole-man. That's a thing that happens. I guess. He's a professor here. You're not... How did you come here? You're not going to flip out and kill people, right?"> Charlie puts her hand up to her face. So she's babysitting some kind of... monster hunter. From some where, or possibly judging by his garb, somewhen, else. Great. As if she didn't have enough on her hands tonight. <"You can sense it too? Would you be willing to fight against it, should the worst come to pass?">

Comment

Gustavo Grief
                  HP: 1, Cnd: Normal

<"A professor? I don't believe I'v heard of that before."> It was an odd term, but it sounded like it applied to someone who talked quite a bit. From what he had encountered so far with this mole-man, it was a title that seemed very appropriate. His attention once more turned to Toupeira as he spoke and staring at the direction he seemed to be turning, walking towards one of the buildings he had been considering approaching earlier.

<"I don't kill people."> He stated simply, shaking his head as he turned his eyes back towards Rune. <"I kill monsters. Fighting them is what I was made for, it's my purpose.">

He then extended his hand out towards the building that Toupeira was heading towards. <"But first I need to recover what is mine. Somewhere in these shrines lay my weapons, tools artificed for the purpose of destroying monsters. And while this... Professor... Is not a threat, there is yet a danger to come that I must be prepared to face.">
                  Last edited by Mettaur2; 04-19-2018, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Dr. Mole

When you arrive in the center, you're greeted by a middle-aged man in a rather twee ensemble, looking very out of sorts. Professor Salinas, head of this department, who you know mostly by reputation and the few faculty events you've seen him at. Hard working and well liked by his students.

"Oh, Dr. Toupeira! Its terrible, what's happened, there's been a robbery!"

Arc

You soon fall behind the winged creatures, but are able to keep them in sight enough to follow. After a while of zipping between buildings' power lines, you arrive at Bay City University, behind an impressive looking building with a rather sizable hole in one section of the wall. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to guess where the bird people might have gone.

Bombshell

With your speed, you are easily able to zip around the campus buildings and come to a building someone pointed out to you during the job briefing as the Center for Native American Studies. There's a large hole in the wall that looks brand new, no doubt caused by whatever that flash was that you saw earlier.

Glamarous Goo Girl, Nora

Nora gets their first, but Moria is right behind her, having called a Lyft. There's no obvious disturbance that either of you can see, but you do spot a number of odd looking people in front of one campus building, a woman positively covered in tattoos, a man who looks like a mummy, and the departing shape of a...mole person? Nora recognizes the good Doctor from the news, but the rest are unknown to any of you.

Rune, Gustavo

Again, I'll leave this to you until you guys decide to move on. Though I should point out Rune suddenly detects a brief but large flare-up of magical energy.
                    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Nora
                      HP 1 Luck 2 Condition Fine

Nora plummeted out of the sky and landing in a crouch, cracking the ground a little beneath her. She had no idea who the mummy or the other girl were but she certainly knew Doctor Toupeira when she saw him (she'd read his last paper like 4 times, well she'd read most things 4 times, the only thing she consumed more voraciously than information was the contents of the Wynne's pantry) he'd know what was going on. He had a PhD!

"Doctor Toupeira! Doctor Touperia!" The horned amazon (I do hope Gustavo doesn't get the wrong idea ) shouted as she bounded passed the others towards the moleman, coming to a stop beside him "A cop told me there was a robbery! Okay he didn't tell me, but his radio went off whilst I was at Mister Wynne's store and that's basically the same thing right? Have you seen what happened?"
                      Last edited by Dodgson; 04-20-2018, 04:25 AM.
                      [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
                      [B]Playing[/B]
                      [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
                      [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

Arc doesn’t use power lines to travel, her body temporarily turns into electricity and then rematerializes where she wants to go.
                        Few questions, how much light is around me, if I go into the hole/building will I be blinded by darkness or are there still some lights on?
                        Arc
                        Hp:1

Emily had to put her hand on the wall next to the hole, she closed her eyes and tried to slow down her breathing, if they were robbing the university then she wouldn’t want to go on out of breath and exhausted. Besides, if they’re robbing the place then she had a moment or two.

Once ready she shook her hands and arms in order to get the blood flowing again. Then with a reflex of her mind a cackle of blue electricity formed between her hands, the rough design of two blades in each. Small, about the size of her hand fully extended.

I would like to roll stealth as I go into the hole and then I’d like to take a moment to look around and see what’s going on. I rolled investigation however if you’d prefer perception I can roll that instead, just let me know.

Arc rolls stealth, then investigation.: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25 1D20+10 = [12]+10 = 22

25 on stealth, guess that breathing technique worked, 22 on investigation.

Also would this mean Bombshell and I are at the same building with a hole in it?
                        Last edited by Awfulmonk; 04-20-2018, 06:17 AM.
                        GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

Games I'm In:
                        Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

Comment

As she arrived she decided to go with the third outfit she was trying out: what looks like a yellow dress with green leggings, gloves, and boots. The Glamorous Goo Girl rounds a corner and sees the woman who had been leaping above call out something to a beastly humanoid further up. "Dr. Touperia?" Moira muttered to herself. "Where've I heard that name before?" She wondered. The mummy and the tattooed woman were talking to one another in an alien language. She doesn't know where to start so she approaches the mummy and tattooed woman. "I don't mean to interrupt. But I believe someone needs help nearby. Are you aware of a disturbance?"

Comment

Originally posted by Awfulmonk View Post
                            Arc
                            Hp:1

Emily had to put her hand on the wall next to the hole, she closed her eyes and tried to slow down her breathing, if they were robbing the university then she wouldn’t want to go on out of breath and exhausted. Besides, if they’re robbing the place then she had a moment or two.

Once ready she shook her hands and arms in order to get the blood flowing again. Then with a reflex of her mind a cackle of blue electricity formed between her hands, the rough design of two blades in each. Small, about the size of her hand fully extended.
                            You find yourself at the back of a museum of sorts, dedicated to what you are guess are artifacts of the native peoples of what is now California. Its empty, though well-lit. Something seems off to you, a strange sound in the air.

You follow it to an air duct high up, near a skylight in the ceiling-unlocked. Seems whoever blew a whole in the wall wasn't as subtle as the bird people you followed. In the air duct you find a man, a security guard unconscious and with what look like...teeth marks along his neck. If that isn't strange enough, his wound looks oddly old, though it certainly couldn't have been judging by the fresh blood on his clothes. Something didn't just hit him, it bit him, but possibly something or someone else healed him enough to keep him alive. There are feathers all over him, bluish-black and quite large. These definitely didn't come from your average quail.

Yes Bombshell would be near the same building. Given the bright nature of both of your powers, I'd imagine you see each other, if only for a moment.
                            [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Arc
                              HP:1

Emily put a hand on the mans pulse, it seemed he was still breathing but...damn what the hell did she wander into. Emily looked around her and tried to figure out a way she could get the man into a better position but he was too heavy for her. She picked up one of the feathers for later. Evidence.

Making sure to stay out of direct line of sight she moved forward. Vampires...bird vampires. Bird Vampires that can heal people. Bird Vampires that can heal people and are carrying explosives. Alright Emily, make it through this and you can have a brownie with your ice
                              cream tonight..."
                              she thought to herself.

She double backed outside, there was a light up in the sky, if it was a hero she would love some backup, if its another player in this museum heist, she'd rather face them outside than in.

Maintain stealth until I reach outside, Hopefully Bombshell will see me and I dont have to go it alone.
                              GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

Games I'm In:
                              Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

Comment

Perception: 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
                                Well thats enough to find Arc barely and Well Informed: 1D20+12 = [1]+12 = 13
                                but i doult enough to recognise her

Bombshell

Bombshell floated across the campus as standing on green flame she consider the more classic horizontal flight to be undignified, "Break in at Center for Native American Studies, judging by the hole i'm guessing unconventional methods used. Is anyone meant to be here? " Bombshell reported, she felt the sparks of barely contained quantum energy dance across her u-fibre uniform.

As she drifted into the building almost bumping into a young woman who expertly concealed her movements, darting backwards she raised her hand in front of her as it erupted in green energy that dripped from her fingers scorching the ground below.

"No sudden movements, down on the ground!" Bombshell snapped drifting foward slowly

Sorry but gotta roll with the 1s

Comment

Working...
                                X