Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

( I'll stick with my Daze action. I still think that this is a good way to give Nora the best chance to smash as many as possible while minimizing her risk. )
    "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

GGG
      HP: 0; Condition: -3 (7pp) Strength
      _: 1D20+7 = [7]+7 = 14

Goo Girl will continue with her original plan, doomed to fail perhaps. (Copied from above)

Goo Girl's clothing ripples and takes on the appearance of well-fitting leather armor. "No nonsense. I like that."

She uses her elongation to slam the king from 20-30 feet away and initiate a fast grab.
      First strike: 1D20+7 = [18]+7 = 25

If that hits, it's a DC 25 Toughness check versus the Damage effect.
      And, it's a DC 20 Grapple check. (future escape attempts are made at DC 25 due to Improved Hold.)
      And if the grapple succeeds, it's a DC 20 Fortitude save against her Strength drain.

Comment

Rune
        HP: 2; Condition: Normal

Rune climbs her way up the trees.

Athletics: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17

Comment

Bombshell
          HP:3 Status:

" Clear the branches, i'm going bring it to us. " Bombshell ordered, raising her hand as the emerald energies wrapped around the central tree house lifting it from the tree.

Using Quantum grasp: Move object 10 (damaging, precise), it'll lift 25 tons if successful i'll carry it towards the others.

Comment

Dr. Moleman
            HP: 2

"Ah," Dr. Toupeira said, doing his best to sound sympathetic, "And is that a life that you would like to return to one day, whenever all of this," he waved to indicate the upcoming combat and the state of the world in general, "is done?"
            He resettled his weight a bit. "Although, I must say that I do also understand the appeal of this fur. Keeps one warm and dry in a surprising variety of situations."

OOC
            He will Take 10 on his Persuasion check if you'll allow that, since he's not in combat, just trying to get them to seem him more favorably. He has a bonus of +6, which would give him a total of 16, enough to boost their friendliness by one stage assuming there are not circumstance penalties in place.
            [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
            [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Bombshell, Arc, Rune

The tree house is well-crafted of solid wood, expansive and sturdy. It still splinters and tears away from the tree it is attached to under Bombshell's quantum powers. However, the house shakes and rips apart as its supports fall away from the tree, leaving it in bad shape, tumbling through the air as it nears the trio. Things go flying out of its windows, open doors and the myriad holes it now. Things, perhaps, including the very prize you were sent here to seek.

Everybody make a Perception check to spot the Kingsheart as it falls from the treehouse.
              Goo Girl, Dr. Moleman

The Wolfen grunts in response. "Mm...yes. But I would also like to fly like a hawk." He shrugs expansively, seeming to indicate both goals as impossibly out of reach.

Down in the pit, the pack leader grunt's as Goo Girl's fist strikes her, but her own grip is iron strong and she pries herself free of her opponent's clutches.

Ducking low, her legs tense before she pounces, claws raking and tearing at Goo Girl's 'flesh.'

She takes a -1 toughness penalty, but passes a strength check to resist the grab.
              On her turn, she'll All-out attack and Power attack for +2 each, she gets an 18. If that hits, its DC 29 Toughness.
              Nora, Gustavo

Corralled by the fire of Gustavo's magic, monster-killing guns, the monks flee towards the relative safety of the mission. They've just about neared the gates when Nora lands with a mighty impact directly in their path. Before they can reverse course, her mighty thunderclap leaves several unconscious and a few more looking much the worse for wear. The shroud itself is nearly flown clear of the Monk wearing it, splaying in directions past him like a sea beast's tendrils but ultimately staying attached.

Rather than roll for every Blood Monk, we'll roll just once. Out of their potential resistances, Intimidation is higher, so 1d20+6=8. Yeah, they're good and Dazed.
              Because they're scared, they'll sacrifice their Standard action for a Move action. They can move 250 feet in a single move, which gets them closer to the mission walls. Nora's Leaping rank is still one distance rank better than that, so she lands as close as she wants to them, easily catching six of them in her cone, including the one with the Shroud.
              Of those six, three are knocked straight out, one lucky bastard is unfazed by both effects, and the other two are Defenseless (Shroudy is one of the these two)
              That makes it Gustavo's turn
              [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

GGG
                HP: 0; Condition: -3 (7pp) Strength (after her last turn)
                DC 29: 1D20+13 = [11]+13 = 24 1 wound
                HP: 0; Condition: -3 (6pp) Strength, 1 wound (after this turn)

GGG has nothing else but punches. She slams out again
                Attack: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17

If that hits, it's a DC 25 Toughness check versus the Damage effect.
                And, it's a DC 20 Grapple check. (future escape attempts are made at DC 25 due to Improved Hold.)
                And if the grapple succeeds, it's a DC 20 Fortitude save against her Strength drain.

Comment

Bombshell

" Well that was easier than expected." Bombshell said with a smirk.

Perception: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11
                  Guessing, no. Maybe some enemies will help

Comment

Gustavo Grief
                    HP: 0, Cnd: Normal

Even from this distance the thundering clap would cause his tattered wrappings to flutter against the shockwave. Nora's strength was truly impressive and a cause to be wary in the future should he find himself on the wrong side of her. In a moment she crossed the battlefield like a hammer of justice crashing from the heavens.

In the chaos of the aftermath though, Gustavo would catch sight of the fluttering mantle that they were pursuing and immediately leveled Absolution, his left handed revolver in the creatures direction. He was a good distance away and dust was still in the air from Nora's landing and clap, but they all meant nothing as his eyes gleamed like a cat's eyes in the night as he pulled the trigger to fire off an accurate shot to strike the monk, taking care to avoid damaging the mantle.

Taking -2 to my active defenses to add +2 to this attack.
                    1D20+12+2 = [11]+12+2 = 25 DC 23 vs Shroud Monk
                    "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Rune
                      HP 2; Condition: Normal

"You lost it! Where'd it go?!?"

Perception: 1D20 + 7 = [2]+7 = 9

Comment

Dr. Moleman
                        HP: 2

Dr. Toupeira nodded amiably. "There may be resources. More things on Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your..." he cut himself off with a chuckle. "Right... the number of people who recognize that phrase in my world is dwindling, let alone another one that was likely cut off before the Bard... anyhow, there are a lot of people out there with very strange powers. While we are still at liberty to speak amicable, while this fracas is going on," he motioned to the fight, "It doesn't hurt to discuss possible future options."

After a moment, and with a slightly abashed air, he added, "And I feel very stereo-typically majority-culture here, but can you tell me of your life here? Your culture? I'm afraid that we were given the impression by certain parties that you were savages, little more than monsters. It's always refreshing to know that there is something more, no?"

OOC
                        Terribly sorry. I could have sworn I posted a response, but there it is not.

And yes, he's probably pretty horribly bumbling in his attempts to ingratiate himself. ^_^ What can I say? I'm considering what I might say in a similar situation.
                        [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                        [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by tonberrian View Post
                          Rune
                          HP 2; Condition: Normal

"You lost it! Where'd it go?!?"

Perception: 1D20 + 7 = [2]+7 = 9
                          Bombshell

"Relax, magic artifacts are usally pretty tough, worst case, i'll just scorch the earth and we can pick it out the ash. I'll warn you, before i do that." Bombshell offered a reassuring smile, as she shook the house in mid air.

Comment

Working...
                          X