Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crinoverse Tales to Astonish: #1 Ghost Town

Initiative
    Birdy McBirdface-27
    Arc-22 (Dodge 10)
    Blood Monks (2?)-22
    Wolven (3) 19
    Rune 17
    Bombshell 16
    Goo Girl-9
    Abbot of Blood-8
    Gustavo 7
    Nora-5
    Dr. Moleman-4
    Bombshell

"Great... Management " Bombshell said with sigh, preparing to begin a line of "Oh greats" to petition the flying sorcereress, when Arc threw an electric bolt in her face.

"Everyone scatter! " Bombshell ordered hoping she contain the assumingly angry sorcereress wrath.

Comment

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
      (ooc: Also, how high in the air is the newcomer hovering?)
      OOC: still need this info. I also have no idea where anybody is in relation to Goo Girl

Comment

Arc's lightning blade strikes true at the newcomer, leaving her floating in the air with the smell of burnt feathers, barely able to speak. She curses at you in some strange, alien tongue.

The last of the monsters, apparently invigorated by the newcomer's arrival swarm into combat once more, biting and clawing as their different fancies strike them. Perhaps to avenge their leader, two of the remaining wolf men swarm at Gustavo, slashing and tearing.

Blackbird fails by 4, so she is Dazed & Vulnerable.
        The two remaining Blood Monks attack Goo Girl and Arc, AOA for +5/-5 each, and they roll like crap anyway, getting an adjusted 15 and 16.
        Two of the Wolfen go after Gustavo, with the last one going after Rune. They're gonna AOA and PA for +2/-2 each, and also roll like crap, getting a 15, 17, and 11. Still, I think the 17 hits Gustavo, so its DC 24 Toughness.
        Then Rune is up!
        And to answer your question, Goo Girl is currently in melee with one Blood Monk, Blackbird is a good thirty feet up in the air, and given Goo Girl's speed of 250 feet a round, she's within melee of pretty much everybody left.
        [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Eld View Post
          And to answer your question, Goo Girl is currently in melee with one Blood Monk, Blackbird is a good thirty feet up in the air, and given Goo Girl's speed of 250 feet a round, she's within melee of pretty much everybody left.
          Still OOC: Goo Girl has a reach of 30 feet. That's why she wants to know how high up the dazed and vulnerable Blackbird is. Is Goo Girl still grappling the wolven? Or did the wolven get knocked out? (I think it was a wolven.)

Comment

OOC: He was knocked out, as seen in this post.

Comment

Rune
              HP: 2; Conditon: Outraged

Rune releases another blast of fire at the flying witch, and again it shoots wide! She starts cursing. Excessively.

Attack: 1D20 + 10 = [2]+10 = 12

Comment

Bombshell

Bombshell darted up and behind the sorceress bring her hands together firing baleful pulse of quantum energy at her.
                "Surrender, you've seriously under estimated the power we wield." Bombshell said bluntly hoping a blast or two would push the point home.

Quantum Blast: Ranged Damage 10, secondary effect, incurableAoA2 PA 2: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17

Comment

Goo Girl
                  HP: 0; Condition: normal
                  Round: 2

Goo Girl rushes directly under the flying newcomer. She stretches her nearly translucent fist up into the air to try punch and snare her.

Goo attacks flying woman: 1D20+7 = [19]+7 = 26 (Dang, just missed a crit)
                  I'm assuming 26 hits. Blackbird needs a DC 28 Toughness save and needs to make a DC 23 Grab resistance or it is grappled. (Fast Grab)
                  If it is grappled, it also has to make a DC 20 Fortitude save vs her Strength Weakness. (Grab-based Weakness effect)
                  If the grapple succeeded, the birdy is vulnerable but Goo Girl is not (Improved Grab)

Comment

Blackbird is hit by Bombshell's awesome quantum powers, but the main thrust of the beam fades away against a strange, almost aqueous barrier. Blackbird looks at her with almost tangible condescension.

"Have I truly?" Her voice had a strange quality like wind through closely packed trees.

Then she's smacked in the face by Goo girl's fist, barely manager g to roll out of the way of her grasping limb. "Ah! I know not what strange manner of creature you are, fluid one, but I shall make you pay for that!"

Less verbose than the newcomer, the batfaced man clad int he funeral shroud leaps from the ground, his strange cloth trailing behind him before he lands in front of Rune, his claws raking down at her flesh.

Blackbird is hit by Bombshell's attack, and takes a -1 penalty. She's hit again by GG and takes another -1 penalty and is dazed, but she gets a 26 total on her Dodge and so is not grabbed.
                    The Blood Abbot targets Rune, and gets a 23 on his attack. DC 22 Toughness for damage.
                    Gustavo is up next!
                    Last edited by Arthur Eld; 10th June 2018, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Gustavo Grief
                      HP: 0, Cnd: -2, Exhausted

<"Mongrels, you don't know when to run with your tails between your legs, do you?"> Gustavo growled as he brawled momentarily with the duo assaulting him, smoke pouring out from gashed wounds as they rapidly began to close themselves up, leaving behind only momentary scars where they couldn't heal fast enough.

His gaze flickered momentarily to keep track of the rest of the battle between glimpses of spittle and flying fur before he glanced at the winged monstrosity in the air, thinking he could get a good shot off on her before another fight caught his attention. He grimaced at how heavy his body felt, he felt hungrier now than ever before, and felt on the edge of collapse, but seeing the bat faced man lunging for Rune gave him the determination to push more forward.

<"Steady this for me, will you?"> Spinning on his heel, he threw his arm around as if to bash the back of Conviction into the wolvens skull, but instead he used the monsters body to keep his arm from wavering as he squeazed the trigger to release a cracking shot at the Blood Abbot.

Defense Check1D20+13-2 = [2]+13-2 = 13
                      Yeah.. going to HP that one too.
                      1D20+13-2 = [17]+13-2 = 28

Ranged Attack (While hindered from exhaustion) Vs Blood Abbot1D20+12-2 = [14]+12-2 = 24 DC 23
                      "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Rune
                        HP 1; Condition: -1 Damage, Dazed

Rune reels from the blow, her concentration shaken.

OOC: Toughness: 1D20 + 10 = [6]+10 = 16

Comment

Gustavo's ancient weapon once more fulfills its task of smiting monsters and blasts a chunk of flesh from the Abbot's shoulder. The beast howls in a mixture of tongues Gustavo doesn't understand (but which the rest of you note seems to consist of garbled Spanish and English, rendered incomprehensible by pain and rage), as blood flows unnaturally slowly from its nasty-looking but largely superficial wound.

Blackbird-27
                          Arc-22 (Dodge 10)
                          Blood Monks (2)-22
                          Wolven (3) 19
                          Rune 17
                          Bombshell 16
                          Goo Girl-9
                          Abbot of Blood-8
                          Gustavo 7
                          Nora-5
                          Dr. Moleman-4

The Blood Abbot gets an 18 on his toughness check, so he is Dazed nad takes a -1 penalty.
                          Nora is up next, followed by Dr. Moleman

Comment

Nora
                            HP 2 Luck 2 Condition Bruised x4

It was weird really, for a bunch of super heroes not that many of her new friends could fly, which meant that the bird lady had a distinct advantage. Time to change that, the ground cracked beneath Nora as she launched herself in to the air rocketing towards Blackbird.

"Justice.....!"

~Flashback~

Nora sat on a plastic chair that would have been even for someone who didn't possess her amazonian stature, as it stood her knees were up by her ears. Raising one hand she asked a question "Do I really have to yell something every time I punch someone?"

"Of course!" Joshua Wynnne enthused with all the authority a young boy wearing one of his dads ties could muster, behind him stood a chalkboard with the words 'Superhero 101' crudely written on it. "That's how people know you're one of the good guys."

"Oh, okay." Nora nodded going back to taking notes with the crayon he'd provided.

~Flashback~

".....SMASH!"

OOC
                            Move Action: Leap at Blackbird
                            Move-By Standard Action: Attack with Brawl Brawl at Blackbird/Abbot of Blood: 1D20+10 = [7]+10 = 17, 1D20+10 = [2]+10 = 12 if the first roll hits it's DC25+Multiattack Toughness Save vs Damage and a DC20 Strength Check or be knocked down towards the Abbot, though with that second roll I guess the ground's more likely...
                            Move Action: Land
                            [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
                            [B]Playing[/B]
                            [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
                            [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

The feathers that seemed to trail from Blackbird's hair and clothes like mere accoutrements sprung to life as Nora leapt at her, like a swarm of impossibly strong shields. While the woman was still rocked by the might of her horned attacker, she remained aloft in the sky buoyed by currents of magic.

"Ah! Away with you, you wretched little mongrel!" She yells, quite literal fires of blue and purple flashing in her eyes.

With Blackbird still Vulnerable, that's a hit. She takes another -1 penalty, but nat 20s her Strength check and so is unmoved.
                              Dr. Mole is up!

Comment

Dr. Moleman
                                HP: 2

Dr. Moleman leapt up slightly, then dove into the ground, erupted from underneath the Blood Abbot, arms grabbing out to encircle the man... creature... whatever.
                                "Can't you realize that we are a superior force and surrender?" he said as he attempted the Abbot without cutting him... it... with his claws.

OOC
                                With it being a DC 14 on the Grab, this probably won't work, but every time I wrote him leaping up and slashing with razor claws, it just did not fit him.
                                [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
                                [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                X