The Merge: Tales of London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Merge: Tales of London

As you all got into the lift, Griffin said "I know, Caroline. It's gotten to the point where all British Transport Police officers have had to learn how to use a Taser as part of their lawful duties and to always patrol in pairs. Now, could someone enter the second code on that keypad there? It's 0501."

The British Transport Police are the special police force in charge of protecting Britain's railways. Their jurisdiction includes the National Rail network (basically, most railway stations on the British mainland), London Underground, and the Docklands Light Railway. They also have joint jurisdiction with Police aux Frontières (French Border Police) over Eurostar trains.

Comment

Caroline

The girl complied. "I'd go with a squad myself. The Underdark is a dangerous place, no matter the dimension and in this new world, there is absolutely no telling what infests the darkness undeground." she affirmed and shook her head as if trying to dislodge something.

"Damnit." she muttered. "I'm doing it again." she looked apolgetically at the others. "Sorry guys MGS. Mine is a combo of a lifetime of memories from a Selunite Priest-Mage-Saint and a redeemed Balor that possessed her. This sort of stuff tends to trigger it."
      Last edited by kirinke; 11-28-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Seras Victoria

Sera shrugged. " You're not wrong, in any case. A lot of dangerous things are using the underground to hide during the day. Always bring a gun unless you yourself are the most dangerous thing around. Even I go armed all the time."

Comment

When Griffin entered his code for the lift, you could hear a speaker say "Access Granted."

As the lift went down, he said "I don't know if my case is MGS-related, but since the Merge, I've been getting these... flashes when I get near certain people I haven't personally met before. These flashes don't last long, but I can sometimes get certain information from them that isn't exactly in the public domain. Had more than a few fights erupt when I acted on or publicly revealed information that other people thought I should've kept quiet about."

Comment

Caroline

"Well you are an angel or half celestial or at least plane-touched from the looks of it. That sort of ability isn't unheard of from such creatures. Even the infernal types often have similar abilities." she said mildly as they traveled down. "At least, from what I know. Now?" she shrugged. "It beggers the mind how similar abilities with different sources crop up."

"The old rules don't apply anymore." she sighed. "Sometimes I'm not even sure if there are rules anymore, outside of the ones we can personally live with." she smiled lopsidedly. "Even the Lady only has a few hard and fast rules we as priests must abide by. She otherwise prefers us to make our own way in Her Light and lead by example."
            Last edited by kirinke; 11-30-2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Griffin says "That, I've noticed." Then the lift opened into a 30' by 30' room carved out of the chalk, which looked empty with a chamber onward. You can see fluorescent lights strung above you. Griffin does a quick look and says "Looks clear. I'll wait here in case we're followed or in case anyone from Intergang escapes. Tell anyone you free to get here. If possible, radio me first. It should still work underground, but we won't have contact with the surface until we get back up again."

Comment

Marvel leads the crowd through to the corridor ahead.

Comment

You see two doors in the middle of the corridor, one to your left, another to your right. You can hear sounds from each of them.

Comment

(How do the doors open? In? Out? Sliding? The question is could someone hold one of the doors closed while going in to the other room?)

Comment

The doors look like they swing inwards after you turn the handle.

Comment

Caroline

"Why do we always have to split the party when that is the most stupid thing to do?" she asked no one in particular.

"Okay, half of us take one corridor, the other take the other corridor." she decided. "Unless there are objections?"

Comment

"No," Marvel says. "We go through one door while someone strong makes sure the other door doesn't open. Then when we're done in one room, we take the other room. I'll hold the right door closed while the rest of you find out who's talking in the room on the left. When you're done there, we check what's inside my room."

Comment

Caroline

"Fine by me," the girl said.

Comment

"Whenever the rest of you are ready, pick someone to open the door and good luck." Marvel says.

Comment

Working...
                              X