The Merge: Tales of London

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] The Merge: Tales of London

The Time in a Bottle, Farringdon, Central London...

It's mid-afternoon on a Saturday in June, the pub's got more than a few customers and the TV's got a football match on. In other words, it's a usual day at the Bottle before the evening rush.

The invite you've each been given asks you to meet Griffin in the upstairs function room. Whatever he wants to talk about, he wants to be sure it's somewhere both quiet and where he's not worried about anyone attacking him. It's common knowledge that attempts to cause harm in the Bottle have a disturbing tendency to fail, sometimes in ways that make the belligerent look like an idiot.

As you arrive upstairs, the man known to all of you as the Griffin is at the table, on his tablet, with a pair of feathered wings on his back. He puts the tablet aside, and sits down while retracting his wings, saying "Ah! Good afternoon, everyone, I'm glad you could all make it! Before we start, does anyone want a drink or anything to eat first? The bill's on me this time."

The Bottle is known to serve good food and drink, both of which are quite diverse to satisfy their clientèle, some of whom see the Bottle's menu as the closest thing they have to a taste of the home they can't get back to. Vegetarian and allergy-free options are available.

OOC: Everyone with Investigation or Well-Informed, please make the relevant checks to see what you know about Griffin. There's enough room at the table for everyone to have a seat.

Re: The Merge: Tales of London

Caroline

"Lemonade, sandwich and chips are fine with me." The young priestess remarked as she sat down, her American accent obvious to all as was the Selune symbol at her throat. "I'm not picky."
    Last edited by kirinke; 04-09-2018, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Cosplay Girl (Current Form: Captain Marvel)
      HP: 1 Condition: Normal
      Capt Marvel Investigation: 1D20+10 = [6]+10 = 16

Juliet was a bit star-struck. Griffin himself had invited her to the Bottle for something. She was in a new outfit, totally unassociated with her superhero persona. And yet he knew who she was. He'd even said "Dress appropriately" as he handed her the invitation. The funny part was that no one nearby had any clue that he was the real Griffin and that he was speaking to a real superhero.

Well, semi-real anyway. I wasn't really sure I was cut out for this life until his invitation.

Walking into the Bottle was a bit disappointing. She didn't know what she was expecting, but the Bottle did not feel any different from a simple corner pub to her. Bigger, sure. But still, simple otherwise. In fact, walking into a pub with a bared stomach and practically no knickers was a lot different than walking around a convention center in the same outfit. Maybe she should have come as Dazzler, she thought. Starting to feel awkward, she hurried to the stairs and the meeting room they were gathering in. Once inside the room, she felt a lot better.

(once Griffin greats everyone) Marvel orders some chips and an ale.

Comment

The Time in a Bottle, Farringon, Central London...

Gareth Anderson, V.C.

A tall gentleman arrives next. He is stocky, with strong hands and a strong chin. Raven-wing black fringe falls around, but not into, eyes of such dark blue as to almost be black. The rest of his hair is slicked back along his head. He walks with a limp in his left leg that is almost unnoticeable.

He gives Griffin a nod of respect as he sits down. He smiles at the women already sitting, and at the others as they come. "I'll have a bangers and mash and a fizzy drink, please," he says in a voice that is like soft velvet.

((OOC: Rolled a 22 for Well-Informed))

Comment

Griffin quickly wrote down on a notepad, "Ham & cheese sandwich, lemonade and ready salted crisps... Chips and a pint... And bangers and mash with some lemonade. Does anyone else want anything?"

OOC: This is what's common knowledge about Griffin, most of you can be assumed to know this: He is known to be a native resident of London who was apparently transformed into an angel on the day of the Merge or at least acquired a powerset that allows him to resemble one. It is known that he woke up the day after the Merge occurred in a hospital's mortuary with a pair of wings on his back that he can conceal at will. It's not known how exactly he acquired the sword on his belt, but he must have obtained it after he left the hospital as there's no indication that he had the blade on him when he left the building. He spent the first six months after the Merge operating mostly in the Greater London area and the County of Kent.

It's a matter of public record that Griffin has attacked other natives who had unjustly harassed X-Ds... And vice versa. He is a veteran of the Chaos Incursion of 2016 helping to get a Hearthstone of Order to St. Petersburg while it was affected by the deathly cold of the White Frost and helping convince the Sentry to sacrifice himself to stop the Void from ending reality. It's safe to say that intimidating him simply isn't going to work as he's seen and actually done some very scary stuff!

He has spent the last six months working for the Brigade, New Mechanicsburg's aid corps. For his efforts, he is now a dual-citizen of both his native Britain... and of New Mechanicsburg. And he's been proven to be notoriously assassin-proof.

Gareth: You also know that Griffin is suspected of using diplomatic bags to move magic and tech into New Mechanicsburg. Nothing has been proven so far, but it does sound like something he'd do. And it's not the first time a government has used it like that. After all, a container that customs officers are legally barred by international law from searching - not even with an x-ray scanner - can be used to move all sorts of things.
          Last edited by betterwatchit; 04-09-2018, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Caroline

The woman sipped her drink and looked speculatively at the angel? She really wasn't quite sure how to think of that, but considering her own history post-merge, speaking to an angel was probably the least weird thing she's done, seen or heard of. She looked at the others. "Name's Caroline Daniels. As you can probably guess I'm a cleric mage of Selune. I kinda got saddled with the memories and powers of one of her priestesses. Since then, she considers me to be one of hers." she smiled a little. "My family and I got stuck here during the crisis and have been helping out as much as we can ever since."
            Last edited by kirinke; 04-09-2018, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Princess Peach
              HP 1, Luck 2, Condition: Normal

Princess Peach may have been a little over-dressed for the pub. It was hardly the first time, but it had never occurred to her to feel self-conscious about it before her arrival on this world. In her world she'd always either stand out regardless of how she dressed by being the only human in a room of all Toads or all Koopas, or she'd blend in by virtue of the fact that no two people in a crowd were in any way alike. There were so many humans here, though.

"Good afternoon Griffin," she said as she arrived in the meeting room, "everyone."

She took a seat at the table and picked up a menu. She had taken to drinking some kind of fermented grape juice since she'd been here. The locals claimed to enjoy it and she tried to do as they did, but they gave away their true thoughts by naming the beverage "whine." She was surprised to see a decent selection of mushroom juice; she'd have to frequent this locale more often. She hadn't planned to eat anything, but if everyone else was... she ordered her juice along with some of the chips that were so popular.

Originally posted by OoC

Comment

George Fairchild
                HP: 1 Luck: 5 Condition: Be Cool

"I'll have the beef burger, if that's not too much trouble." George said as she joined the group, trying not to trip over her words, the blonde haired girl had certainly heard of Griffin before but to actually be standing in the same room as an actual angel was, especially for someone like her, something else entirely.

Taking a seat at the table she smiled nervously to the rest of the group, while her hooded top and jeans looked immaculately clean (she'd actually spent what little money she had on a trip to the laundromat earlier today, there was no way she was going to walk in to the Bottle looking homeless), the girl herself looks like she hasn't had a good nights sleep in a very long time.

"I'm George, it's nice to meet you all."

Well-Informed on Griffin: 1D20+15 = [9]+15 = 24
                [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
                [B]Playing[/B]
                [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
                [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

"Mushroom juice and chips... Burger... do you want a drink with that, George?"

George and Peach: You two also know as well that Griffin is suspected of using diplomatic bags to move magic and tech into New Mechanicsburg. Nothing has been proven so far, but it does sound like something he'd do. And it's not the first time a government has used it like that. After all, a container that customs officers are legally barred by international law from searching - not even with an x-ray scanner - can be used to move all sorts of things.
                  Last edited by betterwatchit; 04-10-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

George Fairchild
                    HP: 1 Luck: 5 Condition: He's talking to me!

"I uh...lemonade is fine, thank you." George replied, clearly still a little starstruck "But water's fine too!" She quickly added on at the end, Griffin might have offered to pay but he was already giving her the first proper meal she'd had in a while, there was no reason to push his hospitality.
                    [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
                    [B]Playing[/B]
                    [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
                    [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

"And a lemonade, got it."

OOC: TekHed, where's Blackheart?

Comment

Blackheart

As the others arrives and exchanged pleasantries, the shadows in one corner deepened into an impenetrable inky abyss. From this utter darkness stepped forward a man, his eyes like glittering blue ice to match his pale skin. He was dressed simply in a tailored black peacoat but to the mystically attuned he carried a distinct aura of otherworldliness.

Gazing out at the assemblage, he noted that he was surrounded with holy might...an angel, a cleric, and a paladin...and memories of fire and persecution came flooding back. It felt like a trap, and it was all he could do to keep from bolting right back into the blackness from whence he'd arrived.

Naturally he played it cool.

"Fashionably late as usual..." he noted, his voice like silk upon the skin. The voice came from not from where he stood but from next to Princess Peach, where the man suddenly appeared, his illusory double fading like a mirage. She seemed the least threatening of the lot.

"You must be the Griffin." Strange and fearsome creatures...fond of horsemeat.

He glanced at Peach standing next to him.

"It seems I underdressed...what's the occasion?"

The devil himself would be hard-pressed to be half as handsome or honey-tongued as the rakish warlock.
                        [B][U]Tek's Ronin[/U]:[/B]
                        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4238-3e-Pillars-Rise-and-Heroes-Fall-(Full)?p=212259&viewfull=1#post212259"]Hellion[/URL] [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4238-3e-Pillars-Rise-and-Heroes-Fall-(Full)?p=212260&viewfull=1#post212260"](Sheet)[/URL]

[URL="http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/"]Roll Dem Bones![/URL]

Comment

Caroline

Memories of traveling with varied people over the years flashed through the girl's mind, chief among them was a handsome tiefling with a voice that would make angels weep. A bard of course. The man reminded her of that long ago tiefling. How many adventures started at a pub, bar, inn or tavern in Faerun? Too many to count. It seemed to hold true in this realm as well. Caroline had to laugh at that.

"Sorry. Memories." she smiled and waved her hand at the odd collection of people at the table and the Bottle as well. "An odd collection of people, meeting in a tavern in order to change the world." she laughed. "You do not know how common that was in Faerun."

She was just grateful that her gestalt's memories weren't all bad. There were just alot of them. She could still remember walking under the moonlight and just communing with her goddess, the light cleansing away the day's strife and troubles. Caroline shook her head. The good balanced the bad, just as the light of the moon balanced the dark of the night.
                          Last edited by kirinke; 04-10-2018, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Griffin turned to the man in the peacoat, saying "Indeed I am, Mr. Blackheart. Do you want anything to eat or drink before we start?"

Comment

Princess Peach
                              HP 1, Luck 2, Condition: Normal

"Why Mr. Blackheart," said Peach pleasantly, "the occasion is meeting with this fine group."
                              She leaned toward him and added, slightly conspiratorially but without really lowering her voice "It's also armor. I acquired this particular dress on an adventure many years ago in my homeworld... I suspect it has a little bit of magic woven into it, because otherwise I'm not sure how it works."

Comment

Working...
                              X