Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3E Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish (Recruitment Closed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3E Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish (Recruitment Closed)

Hello all! I'm recruiting for a new game set in the Crinoverse, dealing with a team of superheroes brought together by chance to fight a threat and then sticking together from there.

Rules
    PL 10, 150 points.
    Burrowing works at speed rank -2
    The Multiple Minions Extra for Summoning is +1 per rank Extra, not +2 as per RAW.

As its the Crinoverse basically any origin or powerset is fine. Don't worry about being super familiar with Crinoverse canon, either. I'm still brushing up myself, honestly.

The game will be mostly four-color in terms of tone if not events. The Crinoverse has murderous monsters and handfuls of entire nations run by super villains, but the overall outlook is sunny.

Looking for about 4-6 players.

Characters

Bombshell Quantum powered Nova (Plan B)
    Nora Bovine/human powerhouse and amnesiac. (Dodgson)
    Dr. Mole Part Mole, part human. All hero. (FuzzyBoots)
    Glamorous Goo Girl Living Gelatinous Cube (jmucchiello)
    Arc Electric hero and former sidekick (Awfulmonk)
    Rune Magic PI, powered by mystic tattoos. (tonberrian)
    Gustavo Grief Immortal monster hunter (Mettaur2)

IC Thread
    Last edited by Arthur Eld; 04-16-2018, 12:36 PM.
    [I]Any sound can shake the air. My voice shakes the heart![/I]

Re: 3E Crinoverse: San Francisco Supers (Recruiting)

before you get too carried away Arthur, the Crinoverse San Francisco has had a few... changes, mostly that it's now Bay City, as per my using Champions: New Millennium for my Bay City Sentinels game

Bay City
    Heroes & villains of Bay City
    Wildstrikers & Wildstruck
    The Rox

and of course, the Bay City Sentinels campaign itself

Comment

Sounds interesting (even if it winds up relocating.) When will you wrap up recruiting?
      My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Mr-Smooth)?p=68608&viewfull=1#post68608]here[/url]. And, here's the latest version of [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Edge)?p=256421&viewfull=1#post256421]The Cast[/url].
      Currently playing in: [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6868-Xenoforce-Earth-s-Strangest-Heroes-Recruiting-2-more-players][color=#d7af50]Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes[/color][/url].

Comment

Yeah, that was one little Crinoverse details I knew, but had kind of pushed to the back of mind.

Like, along with the fact that crinoverse India is the most populated country in the world because a large section of real world China is a separate nation, the Iron Khanate. To say nothing of how different a map of Africa would look. Now I have to go check what Crinos has done with Wakanda and Dakana.

Honestly, I only wanted the game to be set in the Frisco area because that's were We Bare Bears is set. And I wanted a West Coast city that wasn't Emerald. I'll have to think on that, but for the moment just putting it in Bay City seems like it would work.

Recruiting will probably wrap up whenever I have around six or so interested players.

Comment

I'm interested but will see if others want in first
          "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Hmm...actually I have an idea about the setting. So I can say while the campaign will start in Bay City, it won't necessarily stay there.

Comment

Mysterious ~
              "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Oh yes, got to keep a few tricks up my sleeve.

Comment

I'm always interested in a game. I know nothing of the Crinoverse. And when you say the game won't stay in the Bay Area, where might it go? Space? Tokyo? Atlantis? Nebraska? Just want to know how attached to the area my super should be.

EDIT: And how long ago was the Proprietor destroyed in your timeline?
                  Last edited by jmucchiello; 04-04-2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I am tempted to submit something as the game I am a PC in seems dead. My only hesitation is that I am going on a three week long trip soon and will have limited if any internet access. So, that would cause special problems for any game I am in.
                    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Posting interest, I should have a pitch up in the next 24 hours or so. Anything you're looking/not looking for specifically?
                      [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7212-Dodgson-s-Builds"]My Builds[/URL]
                      [B]Playing[/B]
                      [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7430-3E-Crinoverse-Tales-to-Astonish-(Recruitment-Closed)?p=260270&viewfull=1#post260270"]Nora[/URL]
                      [URL="https://roninarmy.com/threads/7810-The-Merge-Young-Hero-Initiative-(recruitment-closed)?p=268145&viewfull=1#post268145"]Diana Gladwin AKA Godiva (and Samson)[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
                        I'm always interested in a game. I know nothing of the Crinoverse. And when you say the game won't stay in the Bay Area, where might it go? Space? Tokyo? Atlantis? Nebraska? Just want to know how attached to the area my super should be.

EDIT: And how long ago was the Proprietor destroyed in your timeline?
                        the crinoverse moves in real-time, so Proprietor was destroyed almost 6 and a half years ago

Comment

There's nothing I'm not looking for, aside from any overly cheesy builds. I typically prefer trade-offs to be kept at around the +3/-3 level, but that's really just my personal preference.

In a vacuum, seeing as no one has submitted anything yet, I don't have any real preference. As long as the concept is still basically 'superhero', it should fit.

As far as the game's location, it'll move about but pretty much always be on Earth. Or at least, based on Earth (you guys could always get zapped to another dimension or journey to a distant star or something like that).

The brief run-down of the Crinoverse is this, the "core" of the setting is the Freedomverse but there are tons of other influences as well from Halt Evil Doer! (that's where the Iron Khanata comes from, among other things like the most famous Supermanolog character, Divinos) to mainstream comics, Exalted, and everything in between.

Depending on a character's specific background, concept, I can give more focused and relevant details.

Comment

Though I think there's a rule that you aren't allowed to play canon characters of any property you use.

Also even if a property exists in the Crinoverse it's not un-possible that something about it was changed. Examples off the top of my head are Watchmen ending with Ozymandias being foiled by a time-traveler and Star Wars diverging with Order 66 being foiled. (Also, yes, even fiction that is fiction in-universe can turn out to have a basis in in-game reality.)

Comment

Yeah the handwave is that various creators of fiction can get inspiration from the Imageria, or latent psionic stuff, or however else.

In the specific case of Star Wars, the guy who saved the day was the Freedomverse's Daedalus.

Oh and I remembered a house rule about Burrowing that I used in one of my games, upping it's speed which I feel is too low by RAW. it's incredibly niche, but hey maybe this could be someone's chance to play the Mighty MoleMan!

Comment

Working...
                              X