Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New All-Star Squadron

Originally posted by Rush View Post
    Blake's brow furrowed slightly in confusion. He knew Sparkle to be a tad impulsive, but surely she wasn't suggesting running off without the info that might help them locate their targets? As usual, he stayed silent, but turned slightly to watch the others to gauge their reactions first.
    Always kind of hard to know how to play these things.

Comment

Sadly, it seems that this team is full of Responsible Teenagers.... The horror!
      I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

Notice to all my games:

I am going to be working new hours (starting today, but that's already happened), and the exact time can vary dramatically. So if I seem to be posting at odd times (for me) that might be it.

Comment

So, if my utterly atrocious posting rate hasn't given it away, I've honestly lost interest in running this game. I'd like to make it clear that this is absolutely not the fault of any of you guys; You were all great and extremely patient with me. It's just that having to scrap several potential adventures due to multiple players suddenly dropping out and my own dissatisfaction with this current adventure kinda just completely killed my own interest. I don't think it's fair to any of you to keep you waiting this long for what I feel is sub-par content.

Like I said, this is no one's fault but my own. Thank you all for being great players and for your endless patience, but I will be ending this game here, and I am very sorry for that. I have a few one-shot ideas that I may propose in future, and I'd be more than happy to have any of you as players in those.

Comment

Aww. I was looking forward to this, though I do admit to struggling with finding my place. Sorry to hear that, Paulo.

Comment

Sad to see this one go- definitely let us know if you put anything else together.

ETA: And since I forgot to say it before, Thank You for the game time, and for letting us know what was happening instead of just letting it quietly die.
              Last edited by pathfinderq1; 06-15-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Yeah, was losing the thread of this one. Not surprised to see it die.

Comment

I was looking forward to seeking where Masumi's Story took her, but I understand if you just can't muster up the will. I had a lot of fun while it was going on, so thank you for GMing as long as you did.

Comment

I'm really disappointed that this is ending, but I understand. GMing isn't easy, especially not when you lose the spark for the game. You also had to deal with losing three players back-to-back. Thank you for the time we did have.

Um... if I may ask, what did happen to Peter and Groz?

Comment

Sorry to hear it Paulo, but it's understandable. Looking forward to any future one-shots you might run.

Originally posted by Bill from Accounting View Post
                      Ooooh, a closing tie-up?

*grabs popcorn*
                      My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Mr-Smooth)?p=68608&viewfull=1#post68608]here[/url]. And, here's the latest version of [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Edge)?p=256421&viewfull=1#post256421]The Cast[/url].
                      Currently playing in: [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6868-Xenoforce-Earth-s-Strangest-Heroes-Recruiting-2-more-players][color=#d7af50]Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes[/color][/url].

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinderq1 View Post
                        ETA: And since I forgot to say it before, Thank You for the game time, and for letting us know what was happening instead of just letting it quietly die.
                        Yeah, there was no way I was just going to leave you guys hanging with no explanation. I've had GMs suddenly stop posting before (one of which was before the game had even started) and it's really annoying. I'd prefer a game officially die, even if it's with little to no explanation, then just kinda...stop because the GM suddenly dropped off the face of the Earth. Even just a simple "Hey, sorry but some stuff's come up and I can't keep running this game" I'm fine with.

Originally posted by Bill from Accounting View Post
                        In short: Trapped in a magically corrupted forest trying to fend off an evil sorcerer and his minions.

In long: The villain was going to be one Draga Olor Anae Karash, Formerly of the Order of the Blightguards. If the overly-long name didn't give it away, he's from Sparkle's homeworld - Starworld. His basic deal is that he was originally part of an order of sorcerers who dedicated themselves to studying plagues and curses so that cures could be quickly and efficiently produced and distributed, but then he kinda went all Anakin Skywalker and decided that he'd much rather figure out how to make those ailments even more potent and then use them to take over Starworld. Sparkle's parents fought him (which I was going to reveal to Silvercat), barely defeated him, and then threw him into the Starworld equivalent of Alcatraz and he was eventually remembered as just one of many would-be tyrants.

He recently escaped and decided to hop into another dimension so he could build up some more power and (ideally) a suitably sized army in order to try another coup, which just so happened to be the 'main' dimension that the game took place in. He began squatting in an abandoned house so he could lay-low and get to work...and then some teens looking for their own secret place wandered in one day and ran right into him. Draga enslaved them with magic and turned them into some half-blooded monsters (like vampires and lycanthropes) via curses. He then found an abandoned warehouse to use as his base...which some more teens then broke into, so he enslaved and monsterfied them as well and then found another place to use as a base which some more teens found and...basically, this process repeated itself until he had eight monster guards under his command. He then made the forest outside of Platinum City his new base and began magically bending it to his will just to make it extra secure which really ticked-off the local nature guardian, Gary the Tree Man. Draga (plus his minions) and Gary fought, with Draga coming out victorious and enslaving Gary as well.

At this point, Draga's feeling pretty good about his base and gets back to formulating his plan to gain power and take over Starworld...and then Peter and Groz'nakk show up and camp right in the middle of the woods. Draga tries pulling the ol' magical enslavement thing on them, but it doesn't work on either of them for their own respective reasons - Peter's got the weird alien battlesuit which seems designed to counter magic and Groz'nakk, for reasons only he really knows and is uncharacteristically unwilling to share, has been mentally trained since birth to resist being mind-controlled. So Draga then sics his forces on them in order to kill the pair...which also hasn't worked (yet) since Groz'nakk's a skilled fighter and Peter has mastered the ancient technique of running away. So on the upside, Peter and Groz'nakk don't get mind-controlled and monsterfied; on the downside, they're trapped in an evil forest with an evil sorcerer and his enslaved monster minions (and Gary). And that's the point you guys would've come in and save the day.
                        Last edited by PauloDeWalshio; 06-15-2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Aw man, that sounds so cool. Would've been great to see it all play out, such is how it is though. What were your other plot ideas about? I noticed there was some stuff going on with Mech Maestro, probably related to that hacker person you eluded to in the interlude. Plus the whole dramatically zooming in on a couple of our heroes, that had some interesting implications.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
                            Aw man, that sounds so cool. Would've been great to see it all play out, such is how it is though. What were your other plot ideas about? I noticed there was some stuff going on with Mech Maestro, probably related to that hacker person you eluded to in the interlude. Plus the whole dramatically zooming in on a couple of our heroes, that had some interesting implications.
                            Yeah, Mech Maestro's tech acting up was going to be a reoccurring thing. My basic idea for it is that at first it would just appear to be random technical glitches caused by new upgrades (as seen with the Beastotron) or her potentially overlooking errors, but gradually it would become more and more apparent that something intelligent was mucking around with her stuff. I didn't have anything solid planned out for this beyond the basics - I wasn't even totally sure if I was actually going to go with it or not - but my idea for the end of this 'arc' would be the reveal of an AI that had hidden itself inside Mech Maestro's communicator and then accidentally split itself up into a bunch of pieces when it tried to explore Alice's communication network, which caused it to panic and start desperately trying to put itself back together again with little regard to anything else, resulting in the techincal glitches.

As for the interlude. Well, what better way to discredit one of the world's biggest hero teams than to show their trainees acting very unheroic? And trust me, even if you guys acted like saints for the entire campaign and never once messed up, the NPCs would've provided more than enough material for Malware. Remember David's "Strange Insight" complication? The thing responsible for that would've eventually made itself known to everyone, and it wouldn't exactly have been friendly. And Makoto was going to start having some issues relating to her demonic heritage (in short: demon puberty).

I'd be more than happy to share some more of my rough ideas with you guys, but I'm nearly falling asleep here so give me about 12 or so hours.

Comment

Working...
                            X