Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

    WHITETAIL
    HP: 1, Status: Normal Location: Inside the aliens' cave -> Heading out

    He caught the attack on the human out of the corner of his eye. Fortunately the man shrugged off the effects, but it was still too close a call for the mercenary's comfort.

    With a grunt of effort, Loves dashed several feet left, away from the crowd, then leapt above them in a high arc toward the right. This gave him a few seconds at the height of the arc, where he twisted, aimed his furry fist backwards again, and swept his laser blasts toward the smaller critters that were spitting at them.

    t-t-t-ting-ting-ting-t-ting-t-t-t-ting-t-ting-ting-t-t-ting-t-ting!

    He landed off to the crowd's right, losing barely a beat as he turned back and dashed ahead once again.

    "MOOOOOOOVE!"

    Using Laser Pulses again; Multiattack Ranged Damage 4.

    Attack Rolls (-4 penalty to each roll)
    1) 1d20 + 12 - 4 = [20] + 8 = 28
    2) 1d20 + 12 - 4 = [8] + 8 = 16
    3) 1d20 + 12 - 4 = [8] + 8 = 16
    4) 1d20 + 12 - 4 = [1] + 8 = Auto-Miss!


    DC 19 Toughness Save for each hit, except the first, which is a crit, so DC 24 for that one.
    My builds can be found in the Roll Call forum [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Mr-Smooth)?p=68608&viewfull=1#post68608]here[/url]. And, here's the latest version of [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/1719-Rush-s-Characters-(new-Edge)?p=256421&viewfull=1#post256421]The Cast[/url].
    Currently playing in: [url=https://roninarmy.com/threads/6868-Xenoforce-Earth-s-Strangest-Heroes-Recruiting-2-more-players][color=#d7af50]Xenoforce: Earth's Strangest Heroes[/color][/url].

    Comment


    • Re: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

      The first of the drones finds itself utterly vaporized by a particulary intense pulse of power, leaving naught but dust in it's wake. While only two more are caught by the lasers, they seem to have managed to scrape by with only burns and crys of pain.

      Against minions, a critical hit outright beats them.
      Workers: 19,23 Sadly pass, though one by the skin of it's... Many, many teeth.

      Gaar'o and Xarvalis are up.
      I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

      Comment


      • Re: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

        Gaar’o
        Status: -1 Toughness
        HP: 0

        Gaar'o rushes forward, hacking into one of the still standing workers with his mighty endo-steel sword. Once that was is thoroughly destroyed, he turns his attention to another and begins to hack and slash at them too.

        OOC: I'll attack one of the still standing workers with Endo-Steel sword. Attack Roll vs Drone: 1d20+6 18. DC 25 Toughness if that hits, and if it kills it, I'll use takedown to attack another with my sword again, this time taking 10 to hit it (because I totally didn't forget these guys were minions until after I made that first roll ).

        Comment


        • Re: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

          With intimidating ferocity Gaar'o manages to make quirk work of the alien insects plaguing Ashani, leaving only a single worker drone remaining. It chitters, though it seems unwilling to backdown in the middle of it's hive.

          WT1: 9
          WT2: 10

          Nicely accomplished use of takedown! You didn't specify which you were attacking, but the ones near Ashani made most sense.

          Griklik: DC 23 Toughness
          Ashani:
          (1 Minion)Workers:
          (1 Minion)Hunters:
          (24/24 Remain)Panicked Escapees: (1 slimmed Human)
          Gaar'o:
          Whitetail:
          Xarvalis:
          I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

          Comment


          • Re: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

            Xarvalis
            HP: 4
            Status: -2 Active Defenses
            ---

            Hoping that his past successes will carry through, Xarvalis dares to fire at the menacing Hunter entity ...

            ---
            OOC;
            All-Out Attack +2/-2
            Venomous Spit, targeting Intellect: 1d20+8+2 29
            That's a crit with Improved Critical! DC 23 Weaken Intellect.

            Comment


            • Re: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

              The hunter doesn't have time to scream as it's brain practically liquefies within it's own cranial cavity, falling off the floating beholder in a heap. With the downfrall of it's stronger kin, the remaining worker makes an attempt of escape that's swiftly thwarted by Ashani's quick jaws. It goes down squirming and clawing, but it's little match against the superior predator.

              Out of danger for the moment at least, the escapees fully heed Whitetail's advice and accompany the group as they plod their way through their cavern. Ambushes are frequent during their escape, but each is as promptly fended off by the team's collective efforts as the initial. There's a strange heat as you near where the outside world must've lain, your feet or tail-like torsos splashing through freshly melted icewater. When you turn around the bend you finally spy the entrance, and the remains of Griklik's wall. The edges of it seem to glow with heat, melted through as if glass. With an initial glance there don't appear to be any bugs nearby, though it might be dangerous to pass through the practically molten opening.

              Fortitude: 16 Ouchy. Brain go bye-bye.

              With just one remaining worker, I'll make the healthy presumption that you all deal with it before it becomes trouble, thus I'll end combat. This fight was to set the precedent for how well (or poorly) the other, offscreen fights would be, so good job! No need to roll dice for amount of escapees 'recaptured'. Grikilk; You still need to roll me a DC 23 toughness save however, from when the hunter was clawing at you.
              I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

              Comment


              • Re: Xenoforce: C.4: Invasive Species

                Ashani
                HP: 3
                Status: Sated and satisfied
                ---

                Once the last remaining bug has gone down her gullet, the female Sthyss lets out a sigh of relief while her head-tendrils dance in satisfaction.

                "That ended pretty well, I think.~" Ashani says as she happily pats her distended and squirming serpentine belly.

                Originally posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
                Out of danger for the moment at least, the escapees fully heed Whitetail's advice and accompany the group as they plod their way through their cavern. Ambushes are frequent during their escape, but each is as promptly fended off by the team's collective efforts as the initial. There's a strange heat as you near where the outside world must've lain, your feet or tail-like torsos splashing through freshly melted icewater. When you turn around the bend you finally spy the entrance, and the remains of Griklik's wall. The edges of it seem to glow with heat, melted through as if glass. With an initial glance there don't appear to be any bugs nearby, though it might be dangerous to pass through the practically molten opening.
                The Sthyss doesn't stop, and instead hurries to slink through the molten opening as gracefully as is possible being as "encumbered" as she currently finds herself. Once through, she looks around.

                ---
                OOC;
                Not sure if a check is needed to get through the opening, but I'll make a Perception check to survey the area outside: 15

                Comment


                • Overs- Officer Griklik

                  CND -1

                  A grateful nods accompanies the hunter's demise, as the former overseer is more than happy to have the vermin removed before it could do more damage. Griklik's own chitinous carapace looked jarred and scratched from the attack (22 toughness)
                  As the group closes to the entrance, he lets loose an artistic sigh. "Couldnt they make ambushes a little less obvi-" He didnt get to finish his sarcastic comment as Ashani rushed into the hole "Wait!"
                  [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

                  Comment


                  • Amazingly enough, at an initial glance the entrance appesrs to be unguarded. Ashani makes it through the whole unacosted, though the molten edges are a lot hotter then she expected. (DC 20 toughness) On the other side, she sees that the snow in a wide range around the cave is highly disturbed by insect activity. Turning around however, also brings attention to several more holes in the ground then there were previously.
                    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                    Comment


                    • Ashani
                      HP: 3
                      Status: Sated and satisfied
                      ---

                      The Sthyss burns herself a little on the way out, but she doesn't pay it much mind. However, she also fails to register the former Overseer's objections.

                      Once she's taken a good look around, she turns back to the hole and says, "Guys, I'm pretty sure they're trying to ambush us! There are a lot more holes in the ground than before!"

                      She ponders something for a second, then before anyone gets the chance to tell her otherwise, Ashani simply disappears from sight, using her natural stealthiness to slink behind anything that might provide some cover.

                      ---
                      OOC;
                      Toughness: 30 - I can't believe this is when I get a nat 20. xD
                      Stealth check: 27

                      Comment


                      • Xarvalis
                        HP: 3
                        Status: Vulnerable
                        ---

                        Digging out a pellet of some seldom-used chemical, Xarvalis sticks it in his pipe, lights it swiftly, and blows out a cloud of mostly-clear smoke that condenses on the molten edges of the barrier and chills them, hopefully clearing the path for the helpless escapees.

                        As he approaches the entrance and sees the additional holes in the ground, however, he holds up one diminutive hand towards the near-panicked natives. "Wait. I think there's an ambush waiting for us just outside. Whitetail, who should go first?"

                        ---
                        OOC;
                        Power Stunt to Nullify the molten edges: Nullify Heat Effects 44; Extra: Area (Cloud 1), Flaws: Distracting, Reduced Range (Close).
                        Nullify molten edges: 1d20+44 62
                        Perception to survey outside the entrance: 1d20+5 19

                        Comment


                        • Xaravalis, after he manages to safely deal with the molten edge, puts his ear to the ground so to speak and listens close. To his concern, there's only a stifling silence.
                          I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X