• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Glaive - Chapter 2: The Problem With Being Famous

Wolfram Von Bern
    HP: 1
    ---

"Detective, I don't-" He looks at the group in the room, and politely excuses himself and exists into the hallway and speaking in a hushed voice. "I don't know what I can do to help you like this on such short notice. This attack, I've seen it on the news too. It's going on right now, how could I even guarantee you'd get there before it's over?" He presses a hand to his forehead, eyes tight with worry. Hostage situation like this could be over in a matter of hours, or it could go on for days. There was very little he knew about what was going on right now to make an accurate guess.

What could Warren even do on his own if he were to get there in time? The Mexican authorities were already trying to deal with the situation themselves, and a drunk desperate American ex-cop might just make the situation even worse. And he's right, it could just create an international incident. There was just one thing that stuck out in Wolfram's head more then anything. Kingston was always a family man, someone who loved his wife and kids to death. How could he really expect a man like that to just sit down and watch the situation unfold when the once love of his life and mother of his children was at risk?

Breathing in and steeling himself, the elder straightened his shoulders and started talking after several seconds of drawn silence. Warren might not know any heroes anymore, but Wolfram did. "Mr. Alambra is easily a very accomplished man, and would no doubt help leverage your success. But you need more then just a single man with a couple of bombs, Warren. It's... sooner then I would like, far sooner, but maybe this could be a chance for... for [i[her[/i]. I don't want her to go into the thick of danger, I'd much rather this be dealt with by their government instead. But if you want any chance of succeeding, then I think you'll be forced to dip your toes back into that life Warren. We're only human. But she... she's something more. There's a potential in her to be the heroine we need."
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

Comment

Rosie Dutchland

Wolfram was offering her a lot. So much so that she wasn't sure what to say. Fortunately everyone else were momentarily distracted by phone calls and door bells which left her with some space to think and consider the older man's proposal.

She offered a distracted greeting to the girl who had arrived to visit Wolfram, before being lose, contemplating her hot chocolate and the warm fire.

Wolfram had offered to help her learn more about what was happening to her. Rosie hadn't really been that concerned with the details. She had her legs back, she felt amazing, and it filled her with a sense of freedom she hadn't felt since she'd been a little girl. She know that her brother was somehow responsible and that seemed to be enough. Matt had however implied that there was more, and he had had to die in order for her to walk again. Her friends had also paid for this gift with their lives, so perhaps she owed it to them to understand it, so she could use it in the right way? Do what exactly? Who knew.

Wolfram suspected a metahuman factor, though she wasn't sure if ghostly forces from beyond the grave counted as metahuman, but this definitely wasn't your standard medical miracle.

"Wonder how Wolf would feel about calling a medium?" she mused under her breath.

Comment

Warren Kingston
        HP: 1 ( 2 ?)

OOC

So sorry about the delay on this - found a work-around for the front page bug. It pretty much knocks me out for the week. In the past I've been able to Proxy around it, but this time around those tried-and-true methods failed. Posting while at work was my only other recourse, except that we've been a bit too busy for me to pull myself away.

IC

Warren wanted to say 'no.' Well, more like jump up to his feet and scream it at the top of his lungs into his phone... but despite that impulse, he was able to think things through. Wolfram believed in the girl. Wolfram wasn't going to let him go alone - and Warren realized that he was the one that needed help here. He was the one that was begging. He didn't have any bargaining chips on the table. If it meant that he got to Cabo in time to try and do something right for once in his life - then this was going to have to be his penance.

"You know how I feel about this," the detective began, "But... if this is the only way that you'll agree to help me, Wolfram... then I have to accept." He sighed, resignedly. "We have to leave soon... just let me know where I can meet the plane and the girl." Warren rumbled, setting his phone down on the couch - and within hearing range as he slipped his trenchcoat onto his broad shoulders. "Thanks, Wolfram. I won't forget this."

Comment

Wolfram Von Bern
          ---

"I do," He replied. "You should know that I take no joy in this either. A girl that young shouldn't have to deal with things like this." This really was a completely irresponsible decision on his part, as someone her mother was trusting to guard and protect. Maybe he should've allowed for just Federico to tag along with Warren, they could easily make an excellent partnership. Yet there were risks. Risks that could get them both killed with nobody around to help. This was a situation that needed either a highly skilled team, or one powerful hero.

They weren't a skilled team, nor was Rosie a powerful heroine just yet. Together however, they might just have a chance.

"I'll call you as soon as I can. Early tomorrow morning at the latest. Try to get some rest if you can, you're going to need it."

Wolfram sighed long and hard as he clicked off his phone and put it away, pinching the bridge of his nose just under his glasses to stem an oncoming migraine. This was more then he wanted to deal with this time of night. Yet he had to do something, that man had been through a harder time then most ever had to witness. There wasn't a chance that he wouldn't try to do something so long as he had the power to do so.

He stood tall, pressed down the wrinkles of his overcoat, and steeled himself for the upcoming conversation. He'd have to bring it up carefllu.

"I'm very sorry for my delay, that was a friend of mine. He... has someone he knows caught up in the situation in Mexico." His voice stilled for a long second, Wolfram staring at the windo being pelted by fresh rain water. Shaking his head and seemingly letting the thought stand aside, he turned back to his newest guests. "Are you two alright, getting to know one another just yet?"

Comment

Warren Kingston
            HP: 2

Warren took a sharp breath. He felt like he'd just made a deal with the devil - no, worse then that. That he'd made a deal that put a metahuman in charge of the safety of his family. Maybe so... but he wasn't about to trust them. He tried that before - and it didn't work out so well.

"Alright, Wolfram - but this needs to be now. Or in a few hours. Any longer - and factoring travel time - there's no telling what those f*cking terrorists are gonna do. I'm gonna have the phone charging and off of silent. You just tell me where I need to be..." after a long pause, Warren sighed, softness playing at his voice. "Thanks, old friend."

He hung up and placed the phone on it's ragged charger, several frayed wires could be seen under the faltering white covering. Warren made damn sure the thing was positioned just right to start the charge process and kicked his still-in-shoes feet up on the corner of his messy couch. He folded his hands over his chest and clenched his teeth firmly together. There wasn't going to be much in the way of rest. Not tonight. Not when he couldn't have a few drinks to dull out the world around him - and his own vainglorious, years-too-late thoughts. Instead, the detective waited, eyes staring up at the ceiling as he counted the tiles, or watched the reflections of headlights streak across the ceiling through his office blinds.

"Who is this girl, Wolfram?" he muttered to himself, knowing that there wasn't any way for the socialite to hear him- now that was a mystery with far too many angles to pursue just yet.

Comment

• Federico Alambra AKA Detonator

The big muscular man frowned. He was not stupid, he could see right through Wolfram facade of "everything is fine". "Whats up boss? Seen a ghost or something? Whatever that phone call was about it surely took the air out of you, eh?" he ventured.
              [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Wolfram Von Bern
                ---

The socialite closes his eyes and crosses his arms, taking in the sound of rain from where he was. He's intent on trying to leave the bait out for it's intended target, though tempted to get the details over with right away. "One could say that. But we should figure things out here first before I go off on a tangent. Rossie, Roxxane, have you introduced yourselves to one another yet?"

Comment

Working...
                X