Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Six beings that should be dead, now outside fate's grasp, but trapped in a race to keep the most powerful objects in the universe outside of the hands of evil.

Even a single Infinity Stone has the power to reshape worlds, to conquer systems, even empires. Two could bring ruin to a galaxy. All six would make the barer more powerful than anything. Even the Infinity Gems are but pale reflections of their power and glory.

The quest will take them to ruins of Jedi temples, to the heart of a living world, and into the secret history of Earth. And adventure abounds along the way.

Discover the secret of robot D-16, and the past he now seeks to atone for.

Meet and fight alongside the Infinite Rangers.

3E, 6 players, PL 10, 150 points

This one I'm intending to run longer than the mini-campaign I tried, but shorter than most of other campaigns. Roughly one "season" of about 12 to 13 adventures.

It kicks off with Earth's first commercial interstellar space flight to the seat of the Lor Republic, so each character should need a reason to be on that. But that can easily range from "alien refugees trying to get home" to "have business off Earth and planning to get a ride elsewhere" to "stowaway" to "on it for the bragging rights."

Some of the adventures will be set off Earth, but most will be on planet.

Kruezritter-Zinxia Eyun: Firebending Iron Khanate dimplomat bodygaurd
    Silvercat-Mary Martin: Grue sleeper agent
    Mettaur2-Ray Jupiter: Rookie Plubmer
    Missro-Conservator Vhati: Lor mentat field medic
    Evolución-White Knight: Force Incarnate
    Stavaros:-Payback: Robot assassin dog.
    Tomarrowtoday-Minmax: Heroic Bystander
    Rush-Photon: Living Hologram
    Paulo-Vangaurd: Half alien Paragon
    Alwfulmonk-Sonnet
    Citizen Stalwart-Liam Edmund Fortinbras: 17th Century Space Pirate
    AverageJoe-Shieldmainden: Teenage Brick
    Last edited by Yeoman; 7th August 2017, 07:37 PM.

Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite [Recruiting]

First!

Comment

What setting is the "Lord Empire" from?

Comment

Lor Empire. Typo.

Comment

I believe yeoman means the Lor Republic, which thanks to those of us from the last cosmic game, has not been conquered by Star-Kahn like in the Cosmic Handbook

as for pitches, to test the waters i'm thinking a firebender from the Iron Khanate, who was supposed to accompany a high-ranked 'diplomat' whose job was to establish ties with the Black Sun Syndicate

Comment

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
            Lor Empire. Typo.
            Thought it might have been, but Crinoverse has so much in it, it was worth a check.

Any house rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
              Thought it might have been, but Crinoverse has so much in it, it was worth a check.

Any house rules?
              All out attack and power attack can only be combined once per adventure. Theme music power up grants you one free HP per adventure. Some situations/fights get resolved via a version of skill challenges cribbed from 4th ed D&D, where characters use an appropriate skill of power level.

Other than that, my two big rules are:

1) Don't try to intentionally break the system.

2) Wheaton's Rule: Don't be a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                I believe yeoman means the Lor Republic, which thanks to those of us from the last cosmic game, has not been conquered by Star-Kahn like in the Cosmic Handbook

as for pitches, to test the waters i'm thinking a firebender from the Iron Khanate, who was supposed to accompany a high-ranked 'diplomat' whose job was to establish ties with the Black Sun Syndicate
                While theoretically fine, I will note I'm looking for at least vaguely heroic characters, given you'll be asked not to abuse to artifacts of vast cosmic power.

Not saying characters need to be goody goods, but avoid evil alignments.

Comment

thus why they were part of the diplomat's 'entourage', rather than the diplomat himself.

Comment

Debating whether to submit or not.

Comment

Can't say no to your games, Yeo. I'll work up a submission. Honest as can be though, I'm probably gonna tweak Buck O'Hara and submit him~ Going to the Lor Republic perhaps to meet his father, a Lor Captain.
                      "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Zinxia Eyun

PL 10 (150)

Abilities (52)
                        STR 2 AGI 6 FIT 8 AWA 2
                        STA 6 DEX 0 INT 0 PRE 2

Powers (28)
                        Firebending ninja: array (24)
                        - nervestrike: affliction +6 (dazed/stunned/incapacitated, fort resists, extras: cumulative +1) [12]
                        - fireblast: Damage +10 (extra: range +1) [20]
                        - firebreath: Damage +10 (extra: cone area +1) [20]
                        - Fireflight: Flight +8 [16]
                        - fists of fire: Damage +4 (str-based, extra: multiattack 6) [10]
                        inner fire: immunity +2 (extreme cold, extreme heat) (2)
                        Ox-body technique: Protection +2 (2)

Advantages (9)
                        assessment, hide in plain sight, improved initiative, language 2 (english, interlac, chinese native), move-by action, takedown 2, uncanny dodge

Skills (39/78)
                        acrobatics +4
                        close combat: unarmed +6
                        deception +8
                        expertise: ninja +8
                        insight +8
                        intimidation +8
                        investigation +6
                        perception +6
                        ranged combat: fireblast +10
                        sleight of hand +6
                        stealth +8

Defenses (22)
                        TOU +8 DODGE +12 FORT +10 PARRY +12 WILL +10

complications
                        eyes in darkness: Zinxia is distrustful and not-quite paranoid
                        hot blooded: Zinxia can get fiercely passionate and tempermental
                        motivation - Borrowed Time: Zinxia knows it's up to her to redeem her family's honor, and she won't miss this second chance
                        raised by ninjas: Zinxia's social skills need work
                        silver brand: Zinxia cannot remove her mask

Total
                        abilities 56 + powers 28 + advantages 9 + skills 35/70 + defenses 22 = 150

the white sheep of her family, Zinxia Eyun was born from the arranged marriage of a princess of the Iron Khanate to a western supervillain. But with Zinxia's birth, something changed in her father. while he never went legitimate, Zinxia's father doted on her and tried to give her as normal a childhood as she could get.

Unfortunately, her mother had other plans, arranging her husband's murder before abandoning her "worthless" daughter to be raised among the Iron Khan's assassin guilds. Zinxia excelled at her training by surviving and developing promising ability as a firebender, earning her place among the Silver Maidens, and per her graduation, was cursed to wear a semi-expressive mask of living silver, forever marked as one of her Khan's creatures.

the commercial Spaceflight was her first major assignment, to ensure the safety and comfort of a Khanate 'diplomat', whose own mission would be to make contact and negotiations with an alien crime syndicate at their destination. But there was a disaster, and finding herself among the survivors, Zinxia gave to understand that everyone lives on borrowed time, and she has been given a second chance to redeem the honor of her family, even if Zinxia's tools for her would-be heroism are those suited to villainy
                        Last edited by Kreuzritter; 19th August 2017, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering.....

Should I play an update of Omni?

I was originally thinking of a civilian observer, someone who the higher-ups decided to put on the flight for the social media hype.

But I'm thinking that could easily be Omni: there are a lot of heroes out there, an lots of them probably have better powers or talents than she has. So she's taken on doing super-Xlogging, since she still probably has some low-level machine powers.

In trying to figure out which social-media personality to put on someone suggested her as a way to have:
                          A) someone who isn't just some random civilian,
                          B) someone who's had experience with space,
                          C) someone who is still a social-media personality.

I'm thinking she starts out the trip low-powered, little more than someone with a built-in super-iPhone. But whatever happens to the ship triggers her old powers and upgrades her to have a cool armor suit.

Or someone gives her a power coin and we start on the Power Rangers 2017. She can be the Pink Ranger.

Comment

Okay. Enthralled again. Damn. This will be the 4th time I apply to one of your games and possible the forth I don't get picked either, but I won't give up!
                            [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Wow, this's the first time I saw your setting, and it looks really cool! I'd like to try my hand at this. I'm thinking a renegade Time Lord turned catthief and explorer (and occasionally hero) who's attracted to the rumors of the gems.

Comment

Working...
                              X