Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite [Recruiting]

Originally posted by AverageJoe View Post
    Hey all. If you're still recruiting, (which is true according to the games list) I'm interested, and I'll post something tomorrow. Otherwise, sorry to have taken your time.
    Interest is being closed after tomorrow and builds are due by the end of the month. So you're just in time.

Comment

Got my fingers crossed that "after tomorrow" hasn't happened yet--posting interest! I've had a bunch of ideas bouncing around, just have to settle on one.

Comment

Vanguard - PL 10

Theme Song: Believer by Imagine Dragons

Abilities (34pp)
        Strength 10/0, Stamina 12/0, Agility 3 (6pp), Dexterity 2 (4pp), Fighting 4 (8pp), Intellect 4 (8pp), Awareness 2 (4pp), Presence 2 (4pp)

Advantages (9pp)
        All-out Attack, Attractive 2, Equipment 1, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Interpose, Move-by Action, Power Attack

Skills (32pp)
        Athletics 2 (+12), Close Combat: Grab 2 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+8), Expertise: Journalism 6 (+10), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 1 (+5), Persuasion 5 (+7), Ranged Combat: Throw 6 (+8), Technology 2 (+6)

Equipment (2ep)
        Camera, Laptop

Powers (76pp)
        Bulletproof Skin (24pp): Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Stamina 12 (+12 STA)
        Flight: Flight 10 (20pp) (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)
        . . Super Speed (Alternate Effect - 1pp)
        . . . . Movement: Movement 1 (Water Walking 1: you sink if you are prone)
        . . . . Quickness: Quickness 5 (Perform routine tasks in -5 time ranks)
        . . . . Speed: Speed 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
        Shockwave (10pp): Burst Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st Degree - Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd Degree - Stunned and Prone) [Extra Condition, Limited Degree, Limited to targets on the ground] {DC 20 Dodge, DC 20/15 Fortitude}
        . . Thunderclap (Alternate Effect - 1pp): Cone Area Damage 5 {DC 15 Dodge, DC 20/17 Toughness}
        Super Strength (20pp): Enhanced Ability: Enhanced Strength 10 (+10 STR)

Offense
        Initiative +7
        Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
        Shockwave (DC 20 Dodge, DC 20/15 Toughness; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st Degree - Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd Degree - Stunned and Prone)
        Thunderclap (DC 15 Dodge, DC 20/17 Toughness)
        Throw, +8 (DC 25)
        Unarmed, +8 (DC 25)

Background
        The history of Galdor and its people is a bloody one. Ever since the Galdorians have had civilisation, they have known war. Much of the specifics of ancient Galdorian history has been lost, but all Galdorians know their species' origin. For millennia, they were the property of a galaxy-spanning alien empire, who saw the Galdorian's remarkable powers as a useful asset for their wars. The empire's scientists genetically modified Galdorian offspring, making them more violent and confrontational, and after decades of selective breeding, they became little more than rage-fueled animals that the empire could unleash on unsuspecting enemies. The Galdorians were at the frontlines of the empire's army for thousands of years to come, until the subjugated races of the empire rose up and toppled the once mighty regime.

The now liberated races dumped the Galdorians back on their home planet and left the race to fight itself to extinction. At first, it seemed as if that's exactly what they'd do, but life finds a way. As the most violent members of the species fought and killed one another, the less violent began to breed with one another, gradually weeding out most of the rage that was hard-wired into them through the generations. They used the technology left on their planet by the liberated races to rapidly advance their civilisation, and within a few short centuries, the Galdorians were a space-faring species. Unfortunately, old habits die hard, and the Galdorians soon began to engage in all-out war with many other species. Most Galdorians were perfectly happy with this, seeing it as the best of both worlds - they got the conflict that they all desired without being the animalistic fighters that their ancestors were - but one Galdorian thought otherwise. Mo'gar Mor'id, a member of the Galdorian council, publicly spoke out against the constant waging of wars, saying that it showed they had advanced no further than their days as mere pawns. Outraged, the rest of the Galdorian council charged Mo'gar with treason. Mo'gar was forced to flee on a ship into space, where he was expected to die.

Instead, Mo'gar eventually found a planet that, through some statistical miracle, was inhabited by beings who looked almost identical to Galdorians - Earth. With the help of his ship's AI, Mo'gar learned everything he would need to blend in on Earth - language, social norms, history, etc. - and forged a new identity for himself, Morgan Morrison. 'Morgan' soon found moderate success as an author, publishing highly fictionalised versions of Galdorian history. Life was peaceful for Morgan, aside from the occasional superhero battle near his town, but he was never at peace himself. As much as he hated to admit it, Morgan craved conflict like the rest of his race, but he refused to become the warmongers that they had happily become. He decided that he needed to use his natural aggression for good, to protect people instead of harming them. He would become a guardian of humanity.

The superhero Guardian appeared in Texas soon after and quickly became very popular in his 'home' state - and semi-famous outside of it - due to his incredible powers, humble and humorous attitude, and his sincere attempt at building bridges with his foes and turning them towards a more noble path, even to his arch-nemesis, the Technomancer. He was soon invited to join a B-list team based out of Austin, and it was there that he met his future wife, the speedster superheroine Blur or Stacey Jameson to her friends. The two hit it off almost immediately, and a few years later they married and Stacey gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Megan Morrison.

Megan had a relatively simple childhood, well, as simple as it could be when your parents are both superheroes and you're not allowed to tell anyone. She was a bright, kind, outgoing young girl with a lot of friends, but she had quite the temper. This wasn't a problem for most of her childhood and teenage years, as she wasn't much stronger than anyone else her age, but it soon became one when, just after her fifteenth birthday, she broke her school desk clean in two by slamming her hand down on it just a bit too hard. Her parents sat her down soon after that and Morgan explained everything to her; his true origins, the basic history of his people, and what this meant for her as a Half-Galdorian, Half-Human child. Megan was understandably shocked by all this and was afraid of what this meant for her, but was determined to master her strength so that she didn't have to live in fear of hurting her loved ones. Her father began to train her to control her strength, but the training soon changed to teach her how to control the rest of her Galdorian powers as they manifested, and her mother began to teach her how to control her speed when she started showing signs of inheriting her powers as well. At the same time, she began to take the necesary steps to earn her dream job - journalism.

By the time she was 23, Megan had finished her training and graduated from college, becoming an intern at the Daily Print. Her father and mother offered to put her in touch with a costume designer they knew so that she could perhaps become a superhero herself, but Megan declined, opting to focus on her career. Three years later, Megan has been hired full-time by the Daily Print, for now being given mostly sports games to cover and the occasional travel guide to write. Not exactly her ideal job, but she can't really complain either. Things seemed as good as they could reasonably get, until Morgan's old ship - now used mainly as an early warning system for off-planet threats - picked up transmissions from the Lor Republic about Galdorians being sighted in some of their sectors. Fearing open conflict between the Lor and the Galdorians, Guardian left for the Lor Republic to investigate these sightings. Megan promised to take up his place, at least until he got back, and became the hero Vanguard.

Six months later and there's been no word from Guardian. Both Megan and her mother are very concerned, but didn't know what they could do about it. Until Megan heard from her co-workers about the first commercial flight to the Lor Republic. Seeing an opportunity, Megan persuaded her boss to allow her to take the trip, under the guise of writing a travel guide of the Republic for the Print. Her bosses agreed, and so, Megan is now about to set out for the Lor Republic to find her father and, if necessary, help him out of whatever he's gotten himself into.

Complications
        Accident: Megan still doesn't have total control over her strength, so she can wind up doing a lot more damage than she means to when she hits something, especially when she's angry.

Enemy - If the rest of the Galdorians were to find out that Mo'gar had not only survived but had also had a daughter with another species...well, let's just say they wouldn't be too happy about it.

Interstellar Tourist: Megan has rarely left Texas, nevermind leaving Earth! As a result, she's pretty out of her element and will need many things seen as simple to your average space adventurer explained to her.

Motivation - Doing Good: Megan wants to follow in her father's footsteps and use her powers to help as many people as she can.

Motivation - Find Dad: Guardian left for the Lor Republic several months ago and never returned. Megan is determined to find him or - if worst comes to worst - discover his eventual fate and bring whatever remains of him home.

Power Loss: Megan loses her Shockwave and Thunderclap abilities if her strength is nullified.

Reputation: To say that Galdorians are unpopular with most of the universe (including other conqueror races like the Viltrumites) would be something of an understatement.

Responsibility: Megan is a journalist working for The Daily Print, a news website. She's mainly given smaller stuff like sports stories and travel guides to cover and has strict deadlines that she has to adhere to. Her bosses allowed her to leave for the Lor Republic so that she could write one of Earth's first interstellar travel guides, so they're expecting her to have written something worthwhile by the time she gets back.

Temper: Galdorians were quite literally bred for war. Even as a Half-Galdorian, Megan is prone to fits of extreme anger if she's pushed too far.

Languages
        Native Language

Defense (15pp)
        Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 12/0, Toughness 12/0, Will 8

Power Points
        Abilities 34 + Powers 76 + Advantages 9 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 150

Comment

For some reason, I'm getting the front page glitch if I try to add this to the bottom of the build, so I'll just post it by itself:

Finally, I've actually submitted something! Yeoman, like I said earlier, if you'd prefer that Guardian and Vanguard be from an already established race let me know and I'll change the necessary details.

Comment

Originally posted by Thokk View Post
            Got my fingers crossed that "after tomorrow" hasn't happened yet--posting interest! I've had a bunch of ideas bouncing around, just have to settle on one.
            You're fine.

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
            Finally, I've actually submitted something! Yeoman, like I said earlier, if you'd prefer that Guardian and Vanguard be from an already established race let me know and I'll change the necessary details.
            Looks fine.

Isn't Galador the Space Knight homeworld though?

Could always take "dire wraith" as an enemy if that's the intent instead of just happenstance of naming.

Doesn't matter to me if you pick an established race or not really. If you end up wanting one that tends towards flying brick, there's at the very least Viltrumites, Kryptonians, Daxamites, Sayians, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
              You're fine.

Looks fine.

Isn't Galador the Space Knight homeworld though?

Could always take "dire wraith" as an enemy if that's the intent instead of just happenstance of naming.
              Er...yes, as it turns out, it is. But...you see, that's Galador whereas mine is just Galdor, so it's toooootally different and there's no way you could ever get them confused!

In all seriousness, yeah, that was completely unintentional. Must've watched Linkara's ROM videos recently when I first made the background.

Doesn't matter to me if you pick an established race or not really. If you end up wanting one that tends towards flying brick, there's at the very least Viltrumites, Kryptonians, Daxamites, Sayians, probably a few others I'm forgetting.
              I'll stick with Original Race (Do Not Steal!) then. Just wanted to make sure you were fine with it.

Comment

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
                Er...yes, as it turns out, it is. But...you see, that's Galador whereas mine is just Galdor, so it's toooootally different and there's no way you could ever get them confused!

In all seriousness, yeah, that was completely unintentional. Must've watched Linkara's ROM videos recently when I first made the background.

I'll stick with Original Race (Do Not Steal!) then. Just wanted to make sure you were fine with it.
                Yes, well, tell that to the wraiths that come after you.

Comment

Went ahead and embraced the coincidental stuff in Max's background with a minor edit.

Comment

Sonnet – PL 10
                    150/150 pp

Abilities: 42pp
                    STR 0 STA 3 AGL 4 DEX 2 FGT 0 INT 3 AWE 3 PRE 6

Skills: (24pp)
                    Acrobatics 4: 3(+8) = +11
                    *Deception 2: 6(+4) = +10(+2) = +12
                    Expertise: Performer (or Music) 2: 3(+4) = +7
                    Expertise: Pop. Culture 1: 3(+2) = +5
                    Insight 5: 3(+10) = +13
                    Intimidation 1: 6(+2) = +8
                    Perception 3: 3(+6) = +9
                    *Persuasion 3: 6(+6) = +12(+2) = +14
                    Stealth 1: 2(+2) = +4
                    Technology 1: 3(+2) = +5

Advantages: (13 pp)
                    All-Out Attack, Attractive 1, Benefit: Wealth 2, Connected, Evasion, Fascinate: Persuasion, Improved Critical 2 (Deafening Shriek), Improved Initiative 1, Redirect, Second Chance: Acrobatics, Uncanny Dodge (12 pp)

Powers:
                    Offence:
                    (44pp)
                    Deafening Shriek 10: Ranged Cumulative Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Fortitude; Hearing Impaired, Hearing Disabled, Hearing Unaware), Limited to Hearing (20pp)
                    Hypnotic Song 10: Cumulative Hearing Area Affliction (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Entranced, Compelled, Controlled), Concentration Duration, Instant Recovery (30pp)
                    Defense:
                    Sonic Immunity: Immunity 10 (sonic effects) (10pp)
                    Utility:
                    Silence 10: Burst Area Auditory Concealment Attack (Rank 10 + Distance Rank 3) (250 feet) (13pp)
                    Sonar 10: Senses (Accurate Hearing) Penetrates Concealment (14pp)
                    Sound Analysis: Senses 1 (Analytical Hearing) (1pp)

Defenses: (27pp)
                    Dodge: 4(+6)=+10 Stamina: 3(+4)=+7 Parry: 0(+4)=+4 Toughness: 3(+7)=+10 Will: 3(+6)=+9

Background: (Bullet Points for now and I'll expand tomorrow because time limit)

- Real Name Marie Douglas
                    - Stage Name Marie Measure
                    - Hero Name Sonnet
                    - Born with powers
                    - Parents very loving.
                    - As her singing voice became better and better her powers became stronger
                    - Controlling her voice was always easy and she quickly became a prodigy at 16 and started doing stage shows.
                    - Used that as a cover to fight crime when she became an adult
                    - At 22 she joined a super hero team.
                    - She became a public figure as both a hero and performer and replaced her stage name with her hero name for the public
                    - She fought along her hero team for 10 years, as well as performing. It was exhausting but she loved every minute of it.
                    - Met someone
                    - Decided to retire from hero-ing and try out smaller stages.
                    - Her first small stage performance she was caught unawares and a malicious shadowy figure appeared on stage.
                    - She tried to fight it but it seized her throat and crushed her voice box
                    - Shadowy figure sliced her throat killing her
                    - She remembers the feeling of dying.

- Sonnet, or Marie woke up in her bed.
                    - She realized quickly that she wasn't on her normal world.
                    - Still carries scar of where the 'it' sliced her throat
                    - This world she was a performer as well but never a hero
                    - She trained to get back into fighting shape - in order to face off against 'it'
                    - Discovered space travel is about to be a thing
                    - She's never been to space
                    - Wants to go to space
                    - First Human to ever perform in space.

Complications:
                    Can you hear me now: Sonnet must be able to be heard in order for her powers to be useful, she must also have a fully functioning voice box
                    Fame: She's famous, and she doesn't conceal her identity.
                    In another life: She wasn't a hero on this world, thus those around her don't understand why she is becoming one now at 33. They are also confused where she got her powers from.
                    I remember everything: Marie remembers both lives, the one she is living now and the one she lived before. Sometimes this makes her confuse events. Sometimes this gives her PTSD from remembering dying.
                    Last edited by Awfulmonk; 2nd August 2017, 07:03 PM.
                    GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

Games I'm In:
                    Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

Comment

First post should be updated, and just a reminder there is one week left to get builds in.

Comment

Are you accepting new interest/builds or are you only accepting builds from people who have already indicated interest?
                        Nice to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by Toma View Post
                          Are you accepting new interest/builds or are you only accepting builds from people who have already indicated interest?
                          Sorry, new interest is over and I'm only accepting builds at this point.

And just a reminder to others, Monday is the last day to submit builds.

Comment

In the Crinoverse, do the Lor maintain their own language as a society or have they pretty much adopted Interlac (or whatever) culturally? I was just adding a picture to MinMax and it occurred to me Languages (English and Interlac) might not be correct. I mean, its not something the character actually studied and learned, its supposed to be a language telepathically imparted to him by his ex in high school. But if her first language would have been Lor rather than Interlac, than that advantage should really be Languages [English and Lor].

Also, should I be listing it as a power? Like as an enhanced advantage? As a telepathically implanted thing, I suppose it should be vulnerable to nullify. Of course, it would be a crazy waste of an action for anyone to actually use nullify just for that, but that's neither here nor there, I guess.

Probably overthinking it, as its pretty trivial, but on the other hand, I do know some DMs/GMs who are really keen on such things always being specified.
                            Last edited by tomorrowtoday; 28th July 2017, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tomorrowtoday View Post
                              In the Crinoverse, do the Lor maintain their own language as a society or have they pretty much adopted Interlac (or whatever) culturally? I was just adding a picture to MinMax and it occurred to me Languages (English and Interlac) might not be correct. I mean, its not something the character actually studied and learned, its supposed to be a language telepathically imparted to him by his ex in high school. But if her first language would have been Lor rather than Interlac, than that advantage should really be Languages [English and Lor].

Also, should I be listing it as a power? Like as an enhanced advantage? As a telepathically implanted thing, I suppose it should be vulnerable to nullify. Of course, it would be a crazy waste of an action for anyone to actually use nullify just for that, but that's neither here nor there, I guess.

Probably overthinking it, as its pretty trivial, but on the other hand, I do know some DMs/GMs who are really keen on such things always being specified.
                              I'd argue if it was telepathically implanted long term it's just a skill like any other language.

I'd argue that the Lor may maintain their own language, but nearly any citizen of a star spanning empire would either just use Interlac, or be bi-lingual in their native tongue and interlac, unless they were from a very rural area of that empire.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
                                I'd argue if it was telepathically implanted long term it's just a skill like any other language.

I'd argue that the Lor may maintain their own language, but nearly any citizen of a star spanning empire would either just use Interlac, or be bi-lingual in their native tongue and interlac, unless they were from a very rural area of that empire.
                                Alright, good to know, I'll just leave it as is.

Comment

Working...
                                X