• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite [Recruiting]

Name: Frederik Amstrong - White Knight Height 2 mts
    Skin: clear and slightly shimmering Weight 100kg
    Hair: Brown with lock beard Shape Human
    Eyes: White Age: 45

When Frederik lost his wife and his family in a car crash he thought all was lost to him. Nothing mattered any more, he had no purpose. He found himself standing at the edge of the rooftop of a building. The chilling winter wind blew hard against his throat and face as he screamed to the night sky, demanding answers from the shining stars above. He laughed sourly, before throwing himself into the void.
    That day, Frederik Amstrong died.
    But there was someone watching. Someone who knew that he had an incredible amount of Midi-chlorians in him. It was a Sith assassin, responsible for the death of his family. Confronting Frederik would most likely trigger his dormant powers, so the sith patiently destroyed his life to harvest the Midi-chlorians from his body. However the dark force user never thought that the Midi-chlorians would take over the body and give it new life! Frederik was no more. His body had been imbued with the power of the Force, his mind, while retaining his personality and certain memories, had been wiped blank by his miraculous resurrection. The sudden awareness of the Force was like a bucket full of cold water in the morning.
    Not understanding much of what was happening, the sith assassin tried to seize its price while Frederik was still confused. Drawing her light sabre the sith leap into battle. However, as she delivered a mighty well aimed blow, she could feel the Force around Frederik engulf her and send her flying back. The sheer surprise and the unaccounted power of her enemy made her withdraw, leaving the confused Frederik even more clueless.
    Desperate for answers of what had happened to him or actually who he was, he dig his own memories and managed to piece something of his life together again. He also felt a calling from the depths of the galaxy, millions of voices calling out for the Force. He felt their calling resonate within him, for reasons he didn't understand. He also felt there were good and bad callings. This force was being use to help and hurt. He wager that answers lied in the stars and not in this planet, and so Earth's first commercial interstellar space flight to the seat of the Lor Republic was the place to start his quest for answers.

Complications
    Empire's prey: The sith empire now knows of this force incarnated and would want to put their hands on him.
    Emotionless : while not entirely emotionless, his emotions have been hardened by his commune with the cosmic entities.
    Motivation: Finding answers on what happened to him and the reason for his powers drives Frederik in search for force users.
    Enemy: Darth Vella: The sith assassin that stalked and killed his family has been assigned to keep tabs on him.

Abilities ( 72 pp)
    Strength 10 , Stamina 10 , Agility 2 , Dexterity 0 , Fighting 10 , Intellect 2 , Awareness 2 , Precence 0 .

Powers ( 47 pp)
    - Force Speed ( Speed 3 ) · 3 point/s
    - Force jump ( Leaping 3 ) · 1 point/s
    - Speed of Light attack ( Stregth Effect : Multiattack, Secondary effect, Insidius, Subtle 1 ) · 22 point/s
    - Force move (Move object 10 : Insidius, Subtle 1 ) · 1 point/s
    - Force Explosion ( AP: Affliction 10 : 1: Vulnerable and Dazed, 2: Stunned and Prone, 3: Unaware and Paralyzed. Fortitude save. Extra condition, Area Burst, Subtle 1 ) · 1 point/s
    - Strength of the Force ( AP: Power lifting 10 : Ranged attack 10, Throwing mastery 10 ) · 1 point/s
    - Force Shield ( AP: Strength Effect 10 : Reaction 3 (Being hit in melee), Subtle 1. Interpose ) · 1 point/s
    - Midi-chlorians biology ( Immunity : Aging, Critical hits, Emotion effects, Disease, Poison ) · 10 point/s
    - Force sense ( Senses : Force (Accurate, Awareness, Acute, Extended 2) ) · 5 point/s

Advantages ( 7 pp)
    Move by action 1 , Fast Grab 1 , Imp. Defense 1 , Imp. Grab 1 , Imp. Hold 1 , All out attack 1 , Power attack 1

Skills ( 8 pp)

Acrobatics 4 (+ 6 ), Deception 0 (+ 0 ), Athletics 4 (+ 14 ), Insight 4 (+ 6 ), Treatment 0 (+ 2 ), Persuacion 0 (+ 0 ), Technology 0 (+ 2 ), Vehicles 0 (+ 2 ), Sleight of Hand 0 (+ 0 ), Perception 4 (+ 6 ), Intimidation 0 (+ 0 ), Investigation 0 (+ 2 ), Stealth

Offence
    Initiative: 2
    Throw + 0 Attack for DC: 22
    Grab + 10 Attack for DC: 20-25
    Speed of Light attack + 10 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee ( Multiattack, Applies Grab and secondary effect )
    Force Explosion + Burst area Attack for DC: 20 Range: Burst area adjacent ( 1: Vulnerable and Dazed, 2: Stunned and Prone, 3: Unaware and Paralyzed. Fortitude save )
    Strength of the Force hurl + 10 Attack for DC: 25 Range: Thrown
    Force Shield + Reaction Attack for DC: 25 Range: Melee

Defence ( 16 pp)
    Parry: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
    Dodge: Rank ( 0 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
    Toughness: 0 Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
    Fortitude: Rank ( 8 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
    Will: Rank ( 8 ) + Feat/power ( 0 ) + Equipment ( 0 )= 10
    Last edited by Evolución; 20th July 2017, 08:28 AM.
    [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
      I hate to say it, but like I said in the first post, I'm looking for at least vaguely heroic PCs.
      This is what I get for having a good villain idea, but no villain games.

Fair enough, I'll be back with something else.
      What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolución View Post
        Ok thi is an original character. I sorta merged the mystical monk idea with some space mojo, and came up with a guy who made a pact with cosmic entities, that granted him powers, but took some of his humanity as a price. Still needs fluff, but wanted you to give the mechanics a look and tell me if it has potential, or if should think something else.
        Mechanically looks fine.

Originally posted by dreamking89 View Post
        This is what I get for having a good villain idea, but no villain games.

Fair enough, I'll be back with something else.

The problem with villain games, is that villains have to be the proactive ones. They have to make plots and carry them through. As such the GM becomes less of a storyteller as a referee. Further, putting together a complex plan in PBP is awkward and time consuming.

Comment

Tried making that Star Lord style character a few times, but didn't really like any version I made, so I've decided on a new character. My new character would be a normal human that at some point bonded with a corrupted Klyntar with similar abilities to the Venom symbiote. They seek out advice from Spiderman due to his own experiences with a hostile symbiote, and he points them in the direction of the commercial space flight, theorising that the Lor Republic would know more about the Klyntar than he does, which would be why they're on the flight (whether or not they're there legitimately is another matter).

They'd basically be a reluctant hero way out of their comfort zone who tries to do the right thing and help people, but has to fight off the more violent urges of his symbiote. Would that work?

Comment

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
            Tried making that Star Lord style character a few times, but didn't really like any version I made, so I've decided on a new character. My new character would be a normal human that at some point bonded with a corrupted Klyntar with similar abilities to the Venom symbiote. They seek out advice from Spiderman due to his own experiences with a hostile symbiote, and he points them in the direction of the commercial space flight, theorising that the Lor Republic would know more about the Klyntar than he does, which would be why they're on the flight (whether or not they're there legitimately is another matter).

They'd basically be a reluctant hero way out of their comfort zone who tries to do the right thing and help people, but has to fight off the more violent urges of his symbiote. Would that work?
            More or less fine, but IIRC, Crinosverse Spidey never became a super-hero or encountered the symbiotic.

Comment

Updated the Black Knight with bio and some slight modifications to better fit the concept
              [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Okay I have not finished writing out the backstory and complications yet but i have the build for my submission done.

Meet "Payback", Model# 131TCH from the G-ARMR Series of combat robots. She is a good girl.

I need to flesh out her backstory a bit but essentially her model of combat robot only saw a limited run due to costs associated with their AI and as a result she ended up as the pet project of some wealthy robotics expert. Her owner was on board the space flight and she was accompanying him when the events of the game kick off. I'll add in the full backstory and complications as soon as I finish them, give it a day or so.

PL 10, 150 points
                Abilities: (56)
                Strength 4, Stamina -, Agility 6, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 4, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Skills: 14/28
                Technology 10 (+14)
                Perception 8 (+12)
                Investigation 8 (+12)
                Acrobatics 2 (+8)

Advantages: (5)
                Power attack, takedown 2, move-by-action, uncanny dodge,

Powers: 63

Close Quarters Combat Module: Damage +6 {strength based} (6)
                Leaping 2 (2)
                All-terrain Movement Module: Sure footed, Safe Fall, Wall-Crawling (6)
                Comprehend: Languages (2 ranks) (4)
                Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) (30)
                Protection 8 (8)
                Senses 6 {Accurate Radio, ultra-hearing, infravision, Acute tracking Olfactory} (6)
                Extra Limb 1 (may use tail as hand) (1)

Defenses: (12)
                Dodge 12
                Parry 12
                Toughness 8
                Fortitude N/A
                Will 8

Power Points
                Abilities 56+ Powers 63+ Advantages 5+ Skills 14 (ranks 28) + Defenses 12 = 150/150

Complications:

Motivation- Homeward Bound: Payback has grown attached to the Professor Rodriguez and his family that purchased after her cohort were scattered and sold off. Now she’s separated from them. This is a situation that Payback intends to remedy no matter what.

Proud 131TCH: Payback and her fellow 131TCH units performed exceptionally in simulation and testing phases for both their AI and their physical models. They vastly outperformed other G-ARMR models and learned to be clever and cooperate exceptionally. They were the best and they knew it, and to this day they are still proud of it. Even though budget and production restraints prevented the model from being continued past the initial cohort and the 131TCHs have been scattered between storage, buyers for individual units, and having their AI’s removed and reassigned to other machines; they still hold that sense of pride and accomplishment. While Payback misses her ‘siblings’ sometimes she holds herself to the high standards of their cohort and strives to be the best there is at what she does, even if what she does isn’t always pretty.

Literal Killing Machine: Payback is a vaguely dog shaped piece of modified military hardware. As such she is able and willing to resort to violence without hesitation should the situation merit it. Unfortunately her skill set in social situations where violence isn’t a good option are somewhat lacking.

Who's a cute Robo-Doggo?: Between her canine design and robotic nature others often overlook her intelligence, considering her either a fancy but mindless machine or a dumb pet. While this is an annoyance, Payback is more than willing to exploit anyone foolish enough to underestimate her.

Back story:

Meet G-ARMR series combat robot model 131TCH, designation Payback. She is a good girl.

The G-ARMR Series of robots were quadruped military robots designed for multiple combat and support functions such as tracking, bomb defusing, and close quarters combat. The 131TCH models were designed to incorporate a new generation advanced AI for the controlling intelligence, and quickly proved to be incredibly effective and powerful machines vastly outperforming other models such as the 134RK and the 900CHY. Unfortunately the development process for the AI that made them so effective could not be streamlined for mass production; and while the hardware could be mass produced each unit was five times as expensive as other models. Attempts to use lesser intelligence programs from other models to control a 131TCH were made but the performance of these ‘Fake 131TCHs’ was nowhere near that of the real thing, and not enough to merit the increased cost. So the company stopped producing the model and switched focus to its other product lines.

The remaining units were eventually separated, some ended up in storage, others had their AI’s removed and reassigned to other tasks, and some ended up sold off either individually or in small groups. Payback was one of these, sold off as military surplus and ending up in the care of Professor William Rodriguez, a retired robotics expert. The Elderly professor and his son Samuel, who studied Artificial Intelligence development, initially purchased her as a pet project to keep the old man busy during his retirement, but they quickly took great interest in Payback as a masterpiece of engineering and programming. Soon Payback was practically a member of the family, and despite the lack of applications for her military based talents she was content with her role as the family loyal and steadfast protector. The Professor’s grandchildren think of her as the coolest babysitter ever.

She was set to accompany the Professor on a trip off-world on the new spaceship, a long time dream of William’s, and had been loaded onto the vessel in the cargo bay. Unfortunately do to a series of downright comedic mishaps the elderly and somewhat absent-minded professor missed the flight. It was like losing your tickets for the maiden voyage of the Titanic.

Nevertheless this leaves Payback stranded on her own, far away from home. It will take an incredible journey to get back but woe betide anyone or thing that gets in her way. Because Payback’s a 131TCH.
                Last edited by stavaros-the-arcane; 15th July 2017, 06:31 PM.

Comment

I've been waiting to see what builds were going to submit because I wasn't sure if I should build a melee/range fighter or just range. But since we have lots of melee - I'll go range utility
                  GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

Games I'm In:
                  Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

Comment

Originally posted by stavaros-the-arcane View Post
                    Model# 131TCH
                    I see what you did thar, and I like it.
                    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Originally posted by MissRo View Post
                      I see what you did thar, and I like it.
                      Well what can I say? Payback's a 131TCH.

I'll be honest, I've been DYING to use that pun for a canine related character for ages. When I finish the backstory expect other units of that model and the numbers of other models of the G-ARMR robots to also be similar puns. (G-ARMR is a canine mythology reference already.)

Edit: Added in Payback's backstory and complications.
                      Last edited by stavaros-the-arcane; 15th July 2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolución View Post
                        Updated the Black Knight with bio and some slight modifications to better fit the concept
                        Sorry I took this long, but I gotta say, it's a little less heroic than what I'm looking for. The idea is to not be people that would abuse the Infinity Stones.

Comment

So, Spiderman not ever encountering a symbiote put a bit of a pause on my character, and I haven't been able to think of any reason that they would know to go to space that worked with their average Joe/Jane background. I'm just having no luck with characters apparently! Hopefully third time's the charm!

I'm just going to be lazy -- sorry, what I meant to say was reuse a character I liked and submit Guardian (obviously retweaking her background and build to suit the game). She's on the flight because the original Guardian left for the Lor Republic after hearing reports of Galdorian attacks several months ago and never returned, so she's trying to track him down and help him out if need be.

Quick question: Would you prefer that she come from a preestablished race like the Kryptonians or Viltrumites? Because I'd be perfectly fine making her a half-Viltrumite.

Comment

I'm done with Conservator Vhati, Yeo. Bio will probably need Crinoversy amendments. Lemme know what you'd like changed.
                            "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
                              So, Spiderman not ever encountering a symbiote put a bit of a pause on my character, and I haven't been able to think of any reason that they would know to go to space that worked with their average Joe/Jane background. I'm just having no luck with characters apparently! Hopefully third time's the charm!

I'm just going to be lazy -- sorry, what I meant to say was reuse a character I liked and submit Guardian (obviously retweaking her background and build to suit the game). She's on the flight because the original Guardian left for the Lor Republic after hearing reports of Galdorian attacks several months ago and never returned, so she's trying to track him down and help him out if need be.

Quick question: Would you prefer that she come from a preestablished race like the Kryptonians or Viltrumites? Because I'd be perfectly fine making her a half-Viltrumite.
                              for what it's worth, there's Splotch, from Halt Evil Doer!, who pretty much was spidey when he showed up in the early crinoverse games. odds are he's encountered the "Inklings" before in his career

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                                for what it's worth, there's Splotch, from Halt Evil Doer!, who pretty much was spidey when he showed up in the early crinoverse games. odds are he's encountered the "Inklings" before in his career
                                That might've worked...if I wasn't a total Crinoverse noob and had any idea who that was.

I'll just stick with Guardian. Besides, it's actually been a while since I've played a character with little-to-no angst, so this'll be rather refreshing for me.
                                Last edited by PauloDeWalshio; 17th July 2017, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X