Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite [Recruiting]

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
    Not specifically, but I do believe we've got at least one magic user.
    technically two, depending on how one defines Firebending. but while others have expressed interest in the archetype, Silvercat's the only one who's submitted a magic build thus far

Comment

Conservator Vhati
      PL 10

- - Theme Song - -

"I don't miss Lor-Dotra. It's not my home anymore... not in the truest sense. I belong out here, in the wilds of the universe. As far as I'm concerned wherever I set my pack and rest my head, that's home.""

Abilities
      Strength -1, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 5/10, Awareness 5, Presence 0

Advantages
      Benefit: Security Clearance (Lor Republic), Contacts, Defensive Attack, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 4, Improvised Tools, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Leadership, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 [Ranged, Concealment + Cover], Second Chance (Mind Control), Skill Mastery (Treatment), Speed of Thought, Teamwork, Well Informed

Skills
      Expertise (History) 4 (+14), Expertise (Science) 4 (+14), Insight 3 (+8), Investigate 4 (+14), Perception 3 (+8), Persuasion 5 (+5), Ranged Combat (Energy Weapons) 10 (+10), Technology 2 (+12), Treatment 5 (+15), Vehicles 6 (+6)

Powers
      Dotrae Hivemind
      -- Senses 1 (Communication Link [Dotrae Hivemind]) (1pp)
      -- Comprehend 3 (Read, Speak, Understand any language)(Flaws: Limited to one language at a time -1)(3pp)
      -- Enhanced Advantages 6 (Contacts, Eidetic Memory, Improvised Tools, Jack-Of-All-Trades, Second Chance [Mind Control])(6pp)
      -- Enhanced Intellect 5 (10pp)
      -- Quickness 2 (Flaws: Limited to mental skills -1)(1pp)

Low-grade Mentat
      -- Telekinesis (Move Object 4)(Extras: Dynamic Alternate Effect 2, Precise)(14pp)
      --- TK Flight (Flight 4)(Extras: Subtle 1)(DAE)
      --- TK Shield (Protection 8)(Extras: Subtle 1)(Flaws: Sustained)(DAE)

Sirta Foundation Enclosed Environment SciMed Bodysuit
      -- Fingertip Medigel Dispensers (Healing 10)(Extras: Alternate Effect 1)(Flaws: Distracting -1, Removable -2pp)(9pp)
      --- Fingertip Omnigel Dispensers (Healing 10)(Extras: Affects Objects +1)(Flaws: Affects Objects Only -1, Distracting -1)(AE)
      -- Life Support Systems (Immunity 10 [Life Support])(Flaws: Removable -2pp)(8pp)
      -- Sensor Suite Visor HUD (Senses 10)(Analytical Vision, Darkvision, Infravision, Detect Life Signs 2, Acute Detect Life Signs, Extended Detect Life Signs 2, Radius Detect Life Signs)(Flaws: Removable -2pp)(8pp)

Equipment
      Heavy Pulse Carbine (Ranged Damage 8)(Extras: Accurate 1, Dangerous 1)(17ep)
      Comm-link (1ep)
      Holo-recorder (2ep)

Offence
      Initiative +10
      Heavy Pulse Carbine +12 (Ranged Damage, DC 23, 19-20)

Defence
      Dodge: Agl 0 + Base 8 = +8
      Fort: Sta 4 + Base 6 = +10
      Parry: Fgt 0 + Base 8 = +8
      Toughness: Sta 4 + Protection 8 = +12
      Will: Awe 5 + Base 5 = +10

Costs: Abilities 26 + Advantages 14 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Powers 60 + Defences 27 = 150pp

Complications
      Motivation (Exploration): Ever since childhood, Vhati has been filled with a wanderlust uncommon to her somewhat isolationist people. She lives for new experiences, and is willing to take risks to find them.

Responsibility (Conservator): Vhati's position is an official one within the Republic government. Although the conservators operate on a largely independent basis, they do report to the Ministry of Archives and occasionally receive specific mandates from the Senate which they are obliged to obey.

Quirk (Do No Harm): Despite her nearly fourty years of service as a field medic in the Republic Defense Corps, Vhati has never gotten comfortable with violence. As is standard for all Defense Corps recruits she received fairly extensive training with energy weapons, but she finds it quite difficult to pull the trigger on living beings.

Quirk (Hive-minded): Each dotrae mind is connected to every other, from birth. This connection transcends even galactic distances. Due to the insular nature of their mentally-communal culture many dotrae find it difficult to grasp the social nuances of other species, although Vhati has spent enough time among the lor and other 'single-minded' species to operate among them without much issue. Being disconnected from the link is extremely discombobulating for them, as much as suddenly being connected to several billion other thoughtstreams would be for a human.

Quirk (Near-human): The average dotrae can easily pass for human or lor... but only so long as they're wearing some form of head covering. The species is almost entirely hairless, but even more noticeable are the antennae that sprout from their foreheads. These antennae can take on a number of different appearances based on age, ethnicity, gender. Vhati's are pale pink in color, about eight inches long, feathered (not unlike a terrestrial gypsy moth's), and actually quite flexible.

Bio
      Name: Vhati Shar
      Gender/Age: Female/142
      Species: Dotrae
      Home Planet: Lor-Dotra, Lor Republic
      Profession: Chronicler

The title and function of 'Conservator' has been an honoured one among the hive-minded Dotrae people since before they had a spoken word to describe it. The idea behind it is simple, really; since the Dotrae are capable of sharing thoughts and detailed memories with eachother over vast distances, so long as one of them is present to observe an event or indulge in an experience then essentially all of them are. This rare individual was a Conservator, a Dotrae who willingly left the safety and comfort of the group to explore the world beyond for the enrichment of the entire species.

After the Lor came from the stars and adopted the Dotrae into their burgeoning empire, they decided to take the traditional role of Conservator and made it an official one within their Ministry of Archives as a sign of respect to Dotrae culture. They expanded on the role as well, building on the basic mandate of seeking out the new and unexperienced to include seeking out the lost, the forgotten, and the hidden. Part xenoarchaeologist, part xenoanthropologist, part xenofolklorist. The roving chroniclers of the universe itself.

Vhati Shar came to the position through an unusual route. Most Dotrae that became Conservators were identified as children or youths for that potential and groomed for it. Vhati's interest and talent lay mostly in the realm of the biosciences, particularly in the field of medicine. She pursued that field of study until it was eventually practice. All the while, though, she kept her true desires burried as deep as she could; she wanted to leave Lor-Dotra. She wanted to experience life with the Lor firsthand. She wanted to be the first to see... something. Anything. These feelings were outside the social norms for Dotrae culture, and she knew it all too keenly.

An opportunity presented itself when Vhati encountered a recruiter for the Lor Republic Interplanetary Defense Corps at an off-world symposium. He expressed to her that, due to frequent clashes with the Grue (among other menaces), the Corps was in desperate need for compotent medical staff. The entreaty spoke to several drives within her, and she signed up then and there. She remained with the IDC for a little over fourty years, seeing action as part of a tactical unit across Lor space and beyond.

She'd likely have remained a soldier indefinitely if it hadn't been for a (somewhat) chance encounter. Vhati's unit had been dispatched to deal with an incursion by an unknown race of synthetic beings that had attacked and decimated several colonies within a single solar system. It turned out that the synthetics had been drawn by a Conservator named Lino Tyri. He'd inadvertently activated some kind of homing beacon while excavating what he'd thought were Preserver ruins, and had been pinned down by the mechanical invaders for days. That was as much as the IDC knew, anyways, but Vhati knew the full truth; Lino knew exactly what the synthetics were after, because he had it. They only persisted because he refused to hand it over. He believed it to be a data cache of some kind, and invaluable.

Vhati's unit attempted to extract the Conservator, but reached him just moments too late. He was still warm when they found him, clutching tightly to a case which contained both the data cache and his research. After they'd finished ousting the synthetics from Lor space, Vhati requested and was given leave to deliver the knowledge Lino had died for directly to the Ministry of Archives on Magna-Lor. By the time she arrived there to hand over the materials, the Dotrae hive-mind had already chosen her as Lino's replacement. It wasn't the sort of appointment one turned down, so she regretfully applied for a discharge from the IDC and took up the Conservator's mantle.

Vhati's been a Conservator now for 23 years. She's currently part of a small contingent from the Lor Republic sent to accompany the historic flight as a show of goodwill. She's unusually excited to document Terra's collective first steps into joining the greater galactic community, for both the Dotrae and the Republic.
      Last edited by MissRo; 26th July 2017, 06:10 AM.
      "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Alright, the four builds we've got are linked on the first page along with their capsules.

Right now my loose plan is to cut off new interest on the 21st, builds will be due on the 31st, and the game should start in early August in order to give Chivengers 2 time to get closer to finishing.

Comment

I'd likely say +1. I know gravity isn't as broken this edition, but my 2e experiences with a gravity manipulator leave me erring on the side of caution.
          If your leery of the concept, thinking of maybe doing a Space Ghost legacy instead.

Comment

Go for it.

I'd say of the three, one of these two. Which has the greater chance of getting in I'd say depends on what else we've got going in terms of general "martial artist" and "Royal Smart Person" archtypes.
            Seeing as how we got 2 general intelligent and high tech characters, I think I'll go for the martial artist monk with mystical air. Or something different, since the mystical thingy seems to also have other adepts.
            [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Same, I'm gonna have to change my build around. You know what? I'm gonna make a Space Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jovis View Post
                Same, I'm gonna have to change my build around. You know what? I'm gonna make a Space Marine.
                Kruez might remember better, but IIRC, any marine would need to be either time lost or first gen warriors from their primarch's pre-Imperium empire. Both of which are perfectly viable.

Comment

Kruez might remember better, but IIRC, any marine would need to be either time lost or first gen warriors from their primarch's pre-Imperium empire. Both of which are perfectly viable.
                  there's also the Imperium of Aum-Ra, which is basically 40k empire but founded by a god-slaying cosmic science cat lady (the Ecclesiarchy doesn't exactly like to talk about that part of things) who went missing in the time between when the oceans drank Atlantis yet before the rise of the sons of Arius

unless you mean a halo/starcraft space marine, the latter of which looks a lot like the 40k stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                    unless you mean a halo/starcraft space marine, the latter of which looks a lot like the 40k stuff
                    Suspiciously so. XD But I guess that's not the only thing Blizzard has 'borrowed' from Games Workshop over the years.
                    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                      ....who went missing in the time between when the oceans drank Atlantis yet before the rise of the sons of Arius
                      She went missing before: she was defeated by Kal-Turak, aka Takofanes and hurtled across space.

(Essentially what's going on is I played a character with the backstory of being a god-killing jerk. Someone decided "Hey, let's have the religious jerks of the Imperium worship that character.")

Comment

anyway, Zinxia's more 'firebending ninja'. she's travelling WITH the "Diplomat" as part of his entourage, bodyguard disguised as servant

also you forgot the '/' in the closing [/url] with Zinxia
                        Last edited by Kreuzritter; 9th July 2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I might be down, but I'm also very unfamiliar with the Crinoverse. From what I understand, I can basically submit someone from ANYTHING and I'll be good?

So a Freedomverse OC shouldn't be out of the question?
                          What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamking89 View Post
                            I might be down, but I'm also very unfamiliar with the Crinoverse. From what I understand, I can basically submit someone from ANYTHING and I'll be good?

So a Freedomverse OC shouldn't be out of the question?
                            OC's are in fact the preferred pc for crinoverse games, ranging from whole cloth to "it's totally this canon character but with a slightly different name/backstory"

Comment

Kireena Khan

Kinan Khan, the galactic warlord better known as the Star-Khan, has had numerous children since ascending to the throne of the Stellar Khanate. However, few show the marital promise and ruthlessness as his only daughter, Kireena. Born to one of the Star Khan's concubines, the beautiful daughter of the Khan was trained since a young age in martial combat, becoming proficient with numerous weapons and forms of unarmed combat. At the age of 12, she was able to conquer and rule a backwater low-tech planet in the name of her father's empire. At 16, she became her father's confidante and close bodyguard. When she was eighteen, the Star Khan named her the heir to the Stellar Khanate and the future ruler of the galaxy.

Now 21, Kireena was given an important task by her father: to learn of his enemies on a small blue planet called Earth. Kireena traveled to Earth with a Khanate 'diplomat', pretending to be a simple bodyguard while learning of the strange planet these humans inhabited. Now that her time on Earth has ended, she boards a ship with the puppet diplomat, intent on returning home and telling her father of all she has learned.
                              What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamking89 View Post
                                Kireena Khan

Kinan Khan, the galactic warlord better known as the Star-Khan, has had numerous children since ascending to the throne of the Stellar Khanate. However, few show the marital promise and ruthlessness as his only daughter, Kireena. Born to one of the Star Khan's concubines, the beautiful daughter of the Khan was trained since a young age in martial combat, becoming proficient with numerous weapons and forms of unarmed combat. At the age of 12, she was able to conquer and rule a backwater low-tech planet in the name of her father's empire. At 16, she became her father's confidante and close bodyguard. When she was eighteen, the Star Khan named her the heir to the Stellar Khanate and the future ruler of the galaxy.

Now 21, Kireena was given an important task by her father: to learn of his enemies on a small blue planet called Earth. Kireena traveled to Earth with a Khanate 'diplomat', pretending to be a simple bodyguard while learning of the strange planet these humans inhabited. Now that her time on Earth has ended, she boards a ship with the puppet diplomat, intent on returning home and telling her father of all she has learned.
                                I hate to say it, but like I said in the first post, I'm looking for at least vaguely heroic PCs.

Comment

Working...
                                X