Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
    The Reality Stone has always been the one that's stumped me: it basically sounds like the "Do Anything" Stone.
    it kinda is. but the deal as I understood it was that using it on its own is like trying to spongebath a cat. you need the other 5 to make it work properly without dying horribly in the process

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
      it kinda is. but the deal as I understood it was that using it on its own is like trying to spongebath a cat. you need the other 5 to make it work properly without dying horribly in the process
      Or it's changes are very small scale. You could change something in the room with you with just it, or something very small.

Also you could do things like, "gravity doesn't work" but you couldn't say make a world where the British Empire feel apart. You couldn't even do that with the time stone. You could use that to travel back in time and try to affect that change, but to just do it you'd likely need time, reality and power bare minimum.

Comment

Or maybe you can only make BIG changes: you could make a world where the British won the USian Revolution.....but it might not erase your arch-enemy from the timeline because the universe is conservative. Captain America becomes Captain Britannia, that sort of thing.

Comment

Okay, so at this point, before we end this segment, give out xp, move to RPG.net and go forward, there's a two major IC decisions we've got:

1. Where will you all be staying. I've left the Autobots in Millennium, Doc Strange, and the Ghostbusters as possibilities from those you've met. Though going separately is certainly an option. As is something I hvan't considered that you want.

2. The Reality stone. The two big options are keep in on one of you, or give it to Strange. Strange will keep it as safe as it can be, but keeping it with you would allow you to actually use it. But that leaves open the possibility of it getting stolen.

Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
            Where will you all be staying.
            I thought we'd need to be traveling: I was so-far assuming this was a road-trip game like that time-traveling one.
            Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
            The Reality stone.
            I have no preference. Mostly because I have no concrete idea what it does still. (I mean "Take it with us and have the GM randomly screw with our uses might be fun, I just don't know if that's what's going to happen or what.)

Comment

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
              I thought we'd need to be traveling: I was so-far assuming this was a road-trip game like that time-traveling one.
              )
              Well, I was gonna give you a place to stay during down time/one shots. But if y'all wanna do one big road trip, that's fine by me, as I've got the big parts of where the stones are lined up, and it's the down time I'm having trouble with.

Comment

Well, would you be opposed to us spending some points to buy a ship/moving base? I'm sure Ray could use connections with the Plumbers as an excuse for us to get something to travel in, and i'd love to work with everyone on something we'd enjoy as a group.

As for the stone, while Ray would probably prefer to turn the stone over to the Plumbers rather than Strange, the thought of keeping the stone ourselves would be tempting. Using it to locate draw out the others while simultaneously making a moving target harder for others like the Master to easily take.
                "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mettaur2 View Post
                  Well, would you be opposed to us spending some points to buy a ship/moving base? I'm sure Ray could use connections with the Plumbers as an excuse for us to get something to travel in, and i'd love to work with everyone on something we'd enjoy as a group.
                  If ya'll wanna spend the points, go for it.

As for the stone, while Ray would probably prefer to turn the stone over to the Plumbers rather than Strange, the thought of keeping the stone ourselves would be tempting. Using it to locate draw out the others while simultaneously making a moving target harder for others like the Master to easily take.
                  Even the Master isn't gonna wanna raid the Sactum Sactorum with only one stone.

Comment

yeah, I'll put 2 XP towards a suitably sweet ride

Comment

I'm okay with paying for that.

Comment

I'll put 5 exp towards it.
                        "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Stavros, Paulo, any thoughts?

Comment

If everyone is chipping in for a ship/base I'm willing to contribute.

As for what to do with the Stone... Not sure. Although if we start collecting them, keeping all of them in the same place might not be the best of ideas.

Comment

I'd also be willing to chip in a few points on a ship if that's what the group wants. As for the stone, while I'd personally prefer to keep it for the shenanigans, Megan would want to dump it off on Strange since that kinda weirdness is right up his alley. If the group decides to keep it, however, then she's going nowhere near the thing.

Comment

Okay then, Mettaur, if you wanna design it, go for it. Everyone else will have enough xp from this to donate 2 to the ship.

Sounds like consensus is not to keep the stone, but not on what to do with it.

We just need to decide that and then finish this up IC and we can finish this adventure.

Comment

Working...
                                X