Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite [Recruiting]

Originally posted by Jovis View Post
    Wow, this's the first time I saw your setting, and it looks really cool! I'd like to try my hand at this. I'm thinking a renegade Time Lord turned catthief and explorer (and occasionally hero) who's attracted to the rumors of the gems.
    Stones. not the gems. the infinity gems themselves have been off the table for about 3 campaigns now, ever since the Young Avengers gave sapience to them

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
      Stones. not the gems. the infinity gems themselves have been off the table for about 3 campaigns now, ever since the Young Avengers gave sapience to them
      And just in case any newcomers are wondering: Yes, even some of us regulars can't follow the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
        I'm wondering.....

Should I play an update of Omni?
        I'd... probably prefer original characters in this. Otherwise there's too great a chance that a lot of established characters get pulled in. And while that was fine for Chivengers 2: Chivenger Harder, it doesn't quite fit what I want to do here.

That said, in the case of Omni it's more a preference than a hard no.

Originally posted by Evolución View Post
        Okay. Enthralled again. Damn. This will be the 4th time I apply to one of your games and possible the forth I don't get picked either, but I won't give up!
        If it helps, I don't recall anything in any of your submissions that was a deal killer. Just other characters ended up being slightly better fits for all sort of little reasons.

Originally posted by Jovis View Post
        Wow, this's the first time I saw your setting, and it looks really cool! I'd like to try my hand at this. I'm thinking a renegade Time Lord turned catthief and explorer (and occasionally hero) who's attracted to the rumors of the gems.
        Rogue Time Lords are fine (Though having a TARDIS is right out). Wouldn't be the first we've had.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
          Oh, right. That happened. I figured they'd been dealt with one way or another, so decided to go with the stones.

And just in case any newcomers are wondering: Yes, even some of us regulars can't follow the whole thing.
          See above for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
            I'd... probably prefer original characters in this. Otherwise there's too great a chance that a lot of established characters get pulled in. And while that was fine for Chivengers 2: Chivenger Harder, it doesn't quite fit what I want to do here.
            Darn, I thought itd be a good chance to bring Buck back. XD That's fine, I have another idea I think could be interesting~
            "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Whew, now I don't feel so bad Sentient gems? Cool. He'd have them meet his TARDIS (except it broke up with him. For Reasons that may or may not involve a Super Star Destroyer, a Reaper ship, and three shots of hypervodka.)

Comment

That said, in the case of Omni it's more a preference than a hard no.
                Kind of a bummer: would have been nice to play a "I've done this before" character I actually know. Would an "experienced" character be okay if they were original?

I'm a little unsure now, not because you don't want past characters but because I'm not sure how to avoid making something that would go against what you want. EDIT: To clarify: I wonder if you're preferring characters who won't know what they're getting into.
                Last edited by SilvercatMoonpaw; 4th July 2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

I think I have a concept. I'm definitely gonna submit something for this once I put it together.

Comment

Hey Yeo, do you think Ozzie 4 might work for this if I dialed his PL back a little?
                    Last edited by MissRo; 4th July 2017, 06:31 PM.
                    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Very interested in this. I've got a few ideas for characters, but I think I'm going to go with a Star Lord style character (not-so dashing, lovable rogue with some hidden emotional issues) who got betrayed and dumped back on Earth by their old crew for being too soft, and who is on the flight (with a totally legitimate boarding pass) so they can get off world, track down their crew, and take back what's theirs (their ship and a few personal items most likely)

Comment

Kind of a bummer: would have been nice to play a "I've done this before" character I actually know. Would an "experienced" character be okay if they were original?

I'm a little unsure now, not because you don't want past characters but because I'm not sure how to avoid making something that would go against what you want. EDIT: To clarify: I wonder if you're preferring characters who won't know what they're getting into.
                        That's fine. My issue is more with characters that have detailed canon adventures and can thus should be able just ring up the Avengers or whoever to come solve their problems for them. if only because you can only use the "They're in teh negative zone this issue" explanation so many times.

Originally posted by MissRo View Post
                        Hey Yeo, do you think Ozzie 4 might work for this if I dialed his PL back a little?
                        Most of the concept is fine, but IIRC, was linked to a previous PC, so you might want leave that out.

That said, I really don't want to rain on people's parade, and I'm willing to work with them to get to workable concepts, It's just that after years of campaigns, returning characters have kinda gotten to the point where this happens. And in some campaigns it works. It's just not the tone I want to go for here.

Comment

That's fine. My issue is more with characters that have detailed canon adventures and can thus should be able just ring up the Avengers or whoever to come solve their problems for them. if only because you can only use the "They're in teh negative zone this issue" explanation so many times.
                          That said, I really don't want to rain on people's parade, and I'm willing to work with them to get to workable concepts, It's just that after years of campaigns, returning characters have kinda gotten to the point where this happens. And in some campaigns it works. It's just not the tone I want to go for here.
                          Ah, okay, that makes sense. I think I can work something else out.

Comment

for what it's worth, from the series pitch, it seems to me that we'll be presumed dead back on earth and won't be in any position to let them know otherwise until the back half of things

Comment

No ish. I'll put something else together.
                              "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I think I can work something else out.
                                Though just for fun's sake imagine what it would be like if Omni were the Pink Ranger:

Omni: Why Pink?
                                Zordon: Because Pink is the heart: you are a driving force, a center around which all other--
                                Omni: No, no: the color. Red, Yellow, Blue, Black, Gree: those I get. Primaries.
                                Alpha 5: It's actually Ultraviolet. Where we come from that's part of the "visible" spectrum. Humans can't see it right.
                                Omni: Oh. (closes one eye, stares at coin) Okay, yeah, I totally see it.

Comment

Working...
                                X