Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Wow, I must really have something wrong with me to not have noticed all that. I mean I thought some stuff near the very end was a little off/random, but I never clued in to Captain Bipolar.

Comment

Which Star Trek series' are ya'lls favourites?
      "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Galaxy Quest.

Comment

Original Series

Comment

Originally posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
            Galaxy Quest.
            This. Though for main series... usually DS9, but If I'm in the mood for more done-in one story telling, it depends on my mood between TNG and TOS. Different things I like about different series. DS9 had better long term story telling and characterization, TNG had great done in one science fiction tales, TOS had some neat high concept stuff.

Wow, I must really have something wrong with me to not have noticed all that. I mean I thought some stuff near the very end was a little off/random, but I never clued in to Captain Bipolar.
            IIRC, it shows up even in the first dozen or so episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by MissRo View Post
              Well, I've heard Clone Wars is pretty good, but I really liked Rebels when I was watching it so I'll have to go with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
                This. Though for main series... usually DS9....
                DS9 would be what I'd select if I had to pick actual Star Trek. I think ultimately I enjoy the characterization you get when the setting isn't moving around so much.
                IIRC, it shows up even in the first dozen or so episodes.
                Watched those. Still didn't notice it.

I may just not be a "long-term" brain.

Comment

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
                  Well, I've heard Clone Wars is pretty good, but I really liked Rebels when I was watching it so I'll have to go with that.
                  Fan-hate (plus reading too many Expanded Universe novels) turned me off of Star Wars to the point at which I refuse to see the new ones no matter how much people say they're good because I'm just that tired.

Comment

Galaxy Quest.
                    I'd honestly never heard of that. Looks pretty funny!
                    "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Hard to say, I've seen plenty I've liked from TOS, TNG, DS9, and even Voyager.

When I was growing up I caught mostly TNG and Voyager reruns on tv. TNG has a special place in my heart, its the one I think of as 'my star trek'. TOS I also like as its an interesting look back at where the show and indeed the Sci-fi genre came from. DS9 I've seen less of than the others but I've liked what I saw. Voyager I find kind of Meh. I liked most of the new movies well enough but I mentally classify films separately from the shows.

So if I had to rank them as favorites I'd say TNG, TOS, DS9, Voyager. Never saw Enterprise so I have no opinion not borrowed from someone else and thus full of bias.

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
                      AHHHHH I see what you did there. You go play silly bugger, meanwhile my robot dog is going to go all wood-chipper on some poor dumb space goons.

Man its gonna be fun to see everyone's reaction when the rest of the group checks the cargo bay and find Payback's handiwork.
                      Last edited by stavaros-the-arcane; 13th August 2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

TNG. I really liked Picard, he felt like a real captain and leader and there were many situations where he struggled to do the right thing both as a 'right' thing, and as a 'by the books' right thing. And I liked Discor-- I mean Q. Yes, Q.

As for Voyager, I liked it. It felt very adventurey and I liked the characters. It felt like a good attempt at remaking TOS to me. But yeahhh... it suffered BADLY with writers in many episodes, and Janeway was all over the place. But I still liked the series regardless XP.
                        "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

I'd honestly never heard of that. Looks pretty funny!
                          Very. It's also so good and so true to its source material that it's considered by many to be the second best Star Trek movie after Wrath of Khan. IIRC, including by some of the Star Trek cast. I've heard when it came out that a lot of the Trek cast at the time were calling each other telling them they had to see it.

Originally posted by Mettaur2 View Post
                          As for Voyager, I liked it. It felt very adventurey and I liked the characters. It felt like a good attempt at remaking TOS to me. But yeahhh... it suffered BADLY with writers in many episodes, and Janeway was all over the place. But I still liked the series regardless XP.
                          I think what angers people so much about Voyager is that it had an amazing set up. A crew flung to the other side of the galaxy desperate to get home, encountering races no one had ever seen before, with half the crew dead and the survivors being forced to work with terrorists and traitors to the Federation.

Instead it feels like TNG season 8, when they were running out of ideas in season 7. But, like I said, there's still a few gems.

Comment

I think what angers people so much about Voyager is that it had an amazing set up. A crew flung to the other side of the galaxy desperate to get home, encountering races no one had ever seen before, with half the crew dead and the survivors being forced to work with terrorists and traitors to the Federation.

Instead it feels like TNG season 8, when they were running out of ideas in season 7. But, like I said, there's still a few gems.
                            I think that sums it up pretty well. Voyager was the series of missed opportunities and most of things people don't like about it can usually be attributed to poor or lazy writing than the actors did or didn't do. But yeah even voyager has its high points and gems.

Also even the bad stuff can be funny when you have folks like SFdebris that will re-purpose it for hilarity (thus how we have Cartoonishly Evil Janeway)

Comment

Meanwhile, on the HMS Voyager:

Comment

regarding the Dunkelzahn comment, Crinos declared him president over on RPG.net in a post-election night tirade when the Dumpster Fire That Walks Like a Man won.

wasn't officially announced over here, but I'd made a reference to it in mon squad, so I figure he's cap's VP

Comment

Working...
                                X