Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite [Recruiting]

She's still a diplomat, she just uses the diplomacy of violence, which I understand is a universal language
    "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Cool.

Comment

Ok this was my last try xD
        [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

Comment

Thanks for the pick, Yeo! I appreciate it, hun.
          "Mom, is the Dairy Queen married to the Burger King?" - My five-year-old

The Ro Show, my collection of characters and random builds.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
            Kruezritter-Zinxia Eyun: Firebending Iron Khanate dimplomat
            Silvercat-Mary Martin: Grue sleeper agent
            Mettaur2-Ray Jupiter: Rookie Plubmer
            Missro-Conservator Vhati: Lor mentat field medic
            Stavaros:-Payback: Robot assassin dog.
            Paulo-Vangaurd: Half alien Paragon
            Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised I was picked; like you said, everyone's character was great.

Should be fun having the woman who knows tons about space cultures and lost civilisations on the same team as the woman who knows nothing about space full stop.

Comment

• Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

The IC thread's up btw.

Comment

One of them puffs itself up, and you can see hints of red on it's wings. "I'll have you know we're returning home for the most luxurious of accommodations." "oh," the gold one implores, "I didn't know they'd rebuilt our cell on Garrus 9." And they again fall to cackling laughter.
                For some reason I just had to use the IDW interpretation of Laserbeak and Buzzsaw as an evil robotic avian Statler and Waldorf.

Also, yes, that the Voltron Legendary Defender cast as the crew of the ship.

Comment

You realize, after saying that, I'm going to expect those two to show up regularly
                  "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
                    For some reason I just had to use the IDW interpretation of Laserbeak and Buzzsaw as an evil robotic avian Statler and Waldorf.

Also, yes, that the Voltron Legendary Defender cast as the crew of the ship.
                    As both a fan of Transformers and The Muppets I heartily approve.

And as to our crew, yeah if you hadn't told us that our voyage was doomed already this would have been a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by stavaros-the-arcane View Post
                      "Carrion luggage?"
                      +100 points, sir.

Comment

Sorry for the interrupt, feel free to finish your conversation.

Comment

No worries, hun. We're all eager to get into the story!

Comment

for those familiar with trek, this interpretation of Captain Janeway is inspired by the review series SF Debris, by Professor Charles "Chuck" Sonnenburg.

as an example, from his review of ST: Nemesis

the youtube channel Hisoj has also compiled some of the better Janeway clips from SFDebris proper into their own videos
                            Last edited by Kreuzritter; 13th August 2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kreuzritter View Post
                              for those familiar with trek, this interpretation of Captain Janeway is inspired by the review series SF Debris, by Professor Charles "Chuck" Sonnenburg.

as an example, from his review of ST: Nemesis

the youtube channel Hisoj has also compiled some of the better Janeway clips from SFDebris proper into their own videos
                              Given some of the stuff I've heard about Janeway and her...questionable decisions during Voyager (that's her series, right? I'm a total Star Trek noob), space piracy seems like a way more suitable career for her.

Comment

Originally posted by PauloDeWalshio View Post
                                Given some of the stuff I've heard about Janeway and her...questionable decisions during Voyager (that's her series, right? I'm a total Star Trek noob), space piracy seems like a way more suitable career for her.
                                None of which is Kate Mulgrew's fault. Problem was the producer's cared so little that every character had maybe two character traits and the rest was up to the writer of the week to do whatever they wanted. Unlike how in TNG, characters had defined interests and hobbies that give them little bits of character, (Riker liked cooking and jazz, Data art and Holmes, Picard archeology and pulp novels) most of the Voyager crew just changed interests, or even core motivations, to whatever they needed to be that episode.

As such, Janeway ends up seeming rather crazed as she'll be a complete hardass on her crew, demoting people for minor breaches of etiquette one week , and slapping them on the wrist for gross violations of Starfleet code the next. Unwilling to commit minor crimes to save her crew in one episode, and then willing to destroy a planets way of life at the vague possibility of getting home in another.

Which isn't to say there aren't some gems. Whenever Robert Picardo gets to take center stage it's always good. And "Bride of Chaotica" is flat out one of my favorite episodes of Star Trek. And one of the few times Trek did comedy well.

But the Crinosverse often uses abridged or alternate character interpretations as canon, so here, Janeway's a super-villain.

Comment

Working...
                                X