Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crinoverse: Challengers of the Infinite [Recruiting]

Alright, after much procrastination, here's my submission, a teenage brick who doesn't have much of any hero experience but will likely eventually settle on the name Shieldmaiden.

Shieldmaiden (Hannah Aandahl) - PL 10

Strength 12, Stamina 10, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 4, Intellect 1, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
    Accurate Attack, Attractive 2, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages 1, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Ultimate Effort: Toughness

Skills
    Acrobatics 6 (+8), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+8), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 6 (+10), Persuasion 6 (+6), Ranged Combat: Throw 6 (+8), Technology 3 (+4)

Powers
    Feats of Strength
    Immovable: Immunity 10 (Custom: Being Moved 10; Sustained)
    Massive Knockback: Move Object 10 (25 tons; Custom: Linked to Strength Damage; Limited: Flinging Targets Away, Reduced Range: close)
    Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Stunned and Prone, Resisted by: Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude, DC 18; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Extra Condition; Limited: Targets on the ground, Limited Degree)
    Hyper-Dense Body (Activation: Free Action, Advantages: Diehard, Great Endurance)
    Hyper-Density: Density Growth 10 (+10 STR, +10 STA, +10 mass ranks, -2 speed ranks; Density)
    Hyper-Endurance: Immunity 10 (Life Support)
    Power-Lifting: Enhanced Strength 4 (+4 STR; Limited to Lifting)
    Powerful Jump: Leaping 5 (Leap 250 feet at 60 miles/hour)
    Protective Hide: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
    Stonewall: Damage 3 (DC 18; Reaction 3: reaction; Limited: Effect rank or attack's Damage rank, whichever is less)
    Super-Hard Body: Impervious Toughness 12

Offense
    Initiative +2
    Grab, +4 (DC Spec 22)
    Massive Knockback: Move Object 10, +4 (DC 20)
    Shockwave: Burst Area Affliction 8 (DC Fort/Will 18)
    Stonewall: Damage 3, +4 (DC 18)
    Throw, +8 (DC 27)
    Unarmed, +8 (DC 27)

Complications
    Can't always control it.: Hannah's powers can be triggered by powerful emotional outbursts. Most obviously this means she can enter high-density mode when she's angry, but also when she's afraid, sad, embarassed, or even enfatuated.
    I'm like this for a reason.: Hannah has a strong sense of right and wrong. She feels that she HAS to use her newfound powers for good, or else she'll be forever a pariah.
    Inexperienced: No, I didn't leave out her prior superhero experience on accident, she doesn't really have any. She's trying to live a normal life, but fate may well have other plans.
    Please stop fighting...: Hannah doesn't like it when people fight. Unless blinded by emotion, she will usually try to end a confrontation without violence.

Languages
    English, Norwegian

Defense
    Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 10, Toughness 12, Will 10

Power Points
    Abilities 30 + Powers 76 + Advantages 10 + Skills 18 (35 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 150

Measurements:
    Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 157 lbs (10 Tons when she's Hyper-Dense)
    Hair: Blonde
    Eyes: Blue
    Skin: Caucasian

Personal Details:
    Hannah Andahl was born in Trondheim as the first of two siblings, followed two years after by her brother Anders. Her life was fairly normal for a while, and she was fairly happy with her life.

Then one fateful night, she was coming home from a movie with her family. Engrossed in her phone, she failed to notice a swerving car carreening down the street she was crossing. When Hannah finally saw it, the vehicle was 10 feet from her body. She reflexively held out her arm to brace against an impact that would injure or kill her anyway. At least that's what one would think would happen. Instead her hand punched through the metal hood of the car like paper and the vehicle stopped dead. Hannah stared down at her arm's suddenly bulging muscle and fainted out of the sheer terror of almost getting hit by a car combined with the shock of stopping it dead in its tracks.

When she awoke, she was in a hospitol room surrounded by medical personnel holding complex-looking devices and throwing around 10-syllable words. Upon seeing her sit up, the doctors began to freak out and panicked. Hannah panicked with them, and she felt her whole body tense up and the bed she was on collapsed like a house of cards. She was about to cry when a voice pierced the delirium that previously ruled the room. "Calm down, every one." It wasn't a shout, or even a raised voice, but it was heard over the commotion nonetheless. Everyone whipped around to see the source of the voice. A man in his late 40s entered the room and flashed a badge to the doctors and nurses, who swiftly left the room upon seeing the badge.

The man, Dr. Patrick Robinson, explained carefully and slowly that Hannah had the mutant gene, and incalculably rare gene that manifested in a time of great stress. He also explained he was a representative of the Homo Abnormis Project, an organization based in North America that helped young mutants control their powers. Seeing no better course of action, Hannah accepted Robinson's implicit invitation to come along.

Hannah's time in the States went pretty well, all things considered. She's learned a fair bit about her abilities, as well as grown in power a fair bit. But as interesting as her life was before, it just got weirder. She's going to the Lor Republic. Dr. Robinson furnished her with the ticket to go, saying that it would "be only right that humanity be represented in full, normal and mutant side by side." Truth be told, Hannah doesn't entirely belive that reason, she can't help shake the suspicion that there's some other motive for sending her away, but she can't turn back now. Whatever will happen, will happen.

Appearance: Hannah is an attractive young woman of archetypal Scandinavian appearance: Tall, blonde, blue-eyed, and pale-skinned. Her build is an athletic one; she'd likely be above average in physical ability even without the gifts her genes bestow upon her.

Personality: Hannah used to be social and outgoing. When her mutant gene manifested, she become more reserved and shy, wanting to avoid prejudice against at any cost. She doesn't have many friends, but she cares deeply about the ones she has. Hannah's morality is very much in line with the Christian ideal, which makes her forgiving, even when it's not the most optimal or logical course of action.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
    Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is 2010-2017 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/2965-AverageJoe-s-Builds-(Concept-Bank)-3-Entries-Thus-Far"]My Builds[/URL]
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4164-Superhuman-Defense-Organisation-America?p=161535&viewfull=1#post161535"]Savior[/URL], SDO: America
    [QUOTE=Emiliano Zapata][B]"Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."[/B][/QUOTE]
    [QUOTE=Tim McGraw][B]"I'm in a better place... Where soldiers live in peace, and angels sing Amazing Grace..."[/B][/QUOTE]

Comment

Last call. 12 hours until all submissions must be final.

Comment

I'd like to apologize for not being able to update my character sheet. My appendix burst and I had to have emergency surgery friday. I'll try and finish the build but if I can't guess it wasn't meant to be
        GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

Games I'm In:
        Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

Comment

Yikes! Hope you're feeling better now at least
          "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Originally posted by Awfulmonk View Post
            I'd like to apologize for not being able to update my character sheet. My appendix burst and I had to have emergency surgery friday. I'll try and finish the build but if I can't guess it wasn't meant to be
            In interest of this, and that Chivengers is still finishing up, I'll push things back to Wednesday for final builds, if you think that's enough time. I don't want to push anyone that's recovering from Surgery. That stuff can suck.

Also, hope everything's okay-ish now and you get a speedy recovery.
            Last edited by Yeoman; 31st July 2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
              In interest of this, and that Chivengers is still finishing up, I'll push things back to Wednesday for final builds, if you think that's enough time. I don't want to push anyone that's recovering from Surgery. That stuff can suck.

Also, hope everything's okay-ish now and you get a speedy recovery.
              Thanks I'm at home now recovering. Working on the build in between drug induced naps

Games I'm In:

Comment

Thanks I'm at home now recovering. Working on the build in between drug induced naps
                Let me know if ya need a little extra time. I'd like to get started in the next week, but regardless if you get picked or not, I'm not in a huge hurry and I'd rather give someone who went through that and was up front about it a few extra day.

I've had a few surgeries and know even relatively minor ones can knock you on your butt for a few days.

Comment

Finished build and did bullet points for background. I'll turn that into a full fledged essay here soon but wanted to get it down without it taking me 3 hours.

Games I'm In:

Comment

Finished build and did bullet points for background. I'll turn that into a full fledged essay here soon but wanted to get it down without it taking me 3 hours.
                    So do you want me to go off just the bullet points, or do you think you could get the full thing up by the end of this weekend without pushing yourself, assuming you want to go to that much detail now.

Comment

Today I'm going to finish the backstory and do several other things I've been meaning to post on here this last week. I'm doing better now - I over exerted myself 2 days again but I'm pretty good now

Games I'm In:

Comment

Glad you're feeling better. Given it's been two days, and I've put this off a week, I'm gonna have to judge your submission on what I've got at this point.

Don't worry overmuch, I only outright discard submissions without any background and you've at least given me the bones of it.

I should have the final line up decided sometime in the next hour or two.

Comment

I'm in no rush anyway, we're all understanding I'm sure
                          "Which is more important, duty or humanity? Duty is more important in a mans life! There's little difference between long or short, but it doesn't matter in your life!"

Comment

Okay, I wanna say up front, yeah, there's a lot of regulars in this line up. I usually try to avoid that if only to give newbies a shot. And I wanted to here, but every submission here was great, and between trying to balance a lot of other factors, ya'll made it super hard to pare it down to six.

All the submissions were dripping with stuff to take advantage of for story beats, or were gonna mesh real well with stuff I was already planning. So, ultimately, cause I tend to be a little sparse on detail, I had to make the deciding factor players who I know have a history of great role playing on their own. It's not fair to people I'm not as familiar with, but something had to be the deciding factor in a dozen amazing submissions.

I want to thank every single person who submitted entries, and for those that got in, I really hope you find a game for these characters. I mean it when I say there were all great.

With that out of the way, here's our roster.

Kruezritter-Zinxia Eyun: Firebending Iron Khanate dimplomat
                            Silvercat-Mary Martin: Grue sleeper agent
                            Mettaur2-Ray Jupiter: Rookie Plubmer
                            Missro-Conservator Vhati: Lor mentat field medic
                            Stavaros:-Payback: Robot assassin dog.
                            Paulo-Vangaurd: Half alien Paragon

I'm gonna try and get the IC thread up later tonight or maybe tomarrow.

Comment

Cool, thanks for your consideration.

Hope everyone selected has a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Yeoman View Post
                                Okay, I wanna say up front, yeah, there's a lot of regulars in this line up. I usually try to avoid that if only to give newbies a shot. And I wanted to here, but every submission here was great, and between trying to balance a lot of other factors, ya'll made it super hard to pare it down to six.

All the submissions were dripping with stuff to take advantage of for story beats, or were gonna mesh real well with stuff I was already planning. So, ultimately, cause I tend to be a little sparse on detail, I had to make the deciding factor players who I know have a history of great role playing on their own. It's not fair to people I'm not as familiar with, but something had to be the deciding factor in a dozen amazing submissions.

I want to thank every single person who submitted entries, and for those that got in, I really hope you find a game for these characters. I mean it when I say there were all great.

With that out of the way, here's our roster.

Kruezritter-Zinxia Eyun: Firebending Iron Khanate dimplomat
                                Silvercat-Mary Martin: Grue sleeper agent
                                Mettaur2-Ray Jupiter: Rookie Plubmer
                                Missro-Conservator Vhati: Lor mentat field medic
                                Stavaros:-Payback: Robot assassin dog.
                                Paulo-Vangaurd: Half alien Paragon

I'm gonna try and get the IC thread up later tonight or maybe tomarrow.
                                I point out that Zinxia is not a diplomat. she was the diplomat's secret bodyguard

Comment

Working...
                                X