Midworld Academy of arts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] Midworld Academy of arts

Luscious hills, and rolling fields swim past you're vision as the Large black company car hums along the back road leading through the mountains. you have all embarked on a journey to the fabled midwarld academy of arts, each of you a prodigy or savant in the creative field you have chosen and that has earned you a spot in the great dark brick mansion that looms in the distance at the end of a seemingly endless road.
    As the car pulls into the front drive you are afforded a stunning view of the country side sweeping out from the front lawn. the lawn is decorated with fantastic hedge creatures, animals, dragons, insectoid alien like creatures, all detailed in the minute by a steady hand and a very keen eye. the driver, still silent as he has been through the entire trip, walks around to the side of the car opening the door and gesturing to each of you in turn to take his hand as you leave the car.
    the moment you leave the car you're senses are assaulted on all sides by the fresh mountain air, and the gentle but constant sound of the wind as it makes its way across open fields bringing with it the sounds of wildlife, so crisp is this sensory overload, it feels almost manufactured.
    the building standing before you is a sprawling manor, 4 stories tall with at least ten windows per floor on the front of the building, vines snake up the sides of the building in a picturesque tangle, that almost seems to resemble music notes.
    the two wide front doors to the mansion swing wide and a beautiful woman, nearly 6 foot tall with flowing red hair and sparkling green eyes, strides towards you arms wide and a genuine smile spilling across her face.
    "welcome! welcome to the Midworld Academy of Arts, i am the headmistress, Dr. Miranda Watts"
    she flourishes in a unique curtsy and strides forward to hug each of you in turn, then walks away a few steps and takes all of you in, it appears she is waiting for introductions with a kind smile.

Re: Midworld Academy of arts

Ronald Green
    HP: 1
    CND

Ronald rolled over in a messed up bed. He loved the days before students arrived for the new year because they usually involved wine and a late night visitor that usually was there in the morning before other teachers awoke. This particular morning the visitor was not still visiting. It was something that was mentioned near the bottom of the wine bottle..something important. A new shipment of desks? No that wasn't it the desks had arrived already. Aha, now Ronald had it, new alarm clocks for the teachers because Ronald had a habit of breaking his after long nights of writing and visitations. Wait, that wasn't it, his alarm clock still worked. Students didn't arrive until tomorrow, which required all teachers to be dressed and ready early, thought Ronald because he knew he wrote it down in his day planner buried somewhere under his scattered notes for his next untitled book. A note on his night stand contradicted this thought that simply said "See you bright and early. Don't be late to greet the students."

Now Ronald normally made a point to miss required functions on the pretext of working on a book, but greeting new students was different. It was their first step into a world none of them could even dream about. Outside it looked nice and normal, but inside lay a literal doorway to a place all their fantasies came to life. Pulling on a brown sports coat, slacks, and a Beatles t-shirt he headed out of his room without so much as stopping to comb his unkempt hair. His look was as if he had just rolled out of bed, which he had. While hastily making his way to the faculty greeting area, his mind drifted back to his first day. Being the first place outside of the middle of nowhere he had ever been made him think the academy was some rich guys mansion and that the academy was all a trick. As more students started arriving, he knew better. They were a sight for sore eyes too because the head master at the time was an old man not the stunning woman that is the current head mistress.

Upon arriving in the greeting area, he was awakened from his day dreams by the sight of the beautiful creature that held his heart in her hands, not that she would allow public displays of affection mind you. The other professors were all dressed a little better than him. Male professors were wearing suits picked out for this very day and the female professors were wearing pant suits or nice dresses. Ronald was wearing the first thing he could grab. Everyone else was already there, but in the end it did not matter. So long as he made it before the doors opened he was following the instructions of the head mistress.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Clarke Sagan

Clarke Clears her throat and steps forward, her smile earnest and eager, yet her body language nervous.
      "He.." *Cough* "Hello, my name is Clarke Sagan.. and yes, I'm related to Him, Carl was my Grandfather.. though he died before I was born, so I never got to meet him." She paused for a second looking at the headmistress who seemed to be coaxing her to continue.
      "I'm uh.. interested in computers.. AI to be specific.. Video games and Virtual Worlds to be even more specific. I want to create a game world so immense and immersive that the players aren't following a story, everybody - even the NPCs - are making the story together. If you could make a truly complex, mesmerizing, emergent system.." She stopped then, realizing with embarrassment that she'd gotten a little.. over-excited.

Blushing a bit, she stepped back in line, squeaking out a "next?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jemal View Post
        Clarke Sagan

Clarke Clears her throat and steps forward, her smile earnest and eager, yet her body language nervous.
        "He.." *Cough* "Hello, my name is Clarke Sagan.. and yes, I'm related to Him, Carl was my Grandfather.. though he died before I was born, so I never got to meet him." She paused for a second looking at the headmistress who seemed to be coaxing her to continue.
        "I'm uh.. interested in computers.. AI to be specific.. Video games and Virtual Worlds to be even more specific. I want to create a game world so immense and immersive that the players aren't following a story, everybody - even the NPCs - are making the story together. If you could make a truly complex, mesmerizing, emergent system.." She stopped then, realizing with embarrassment that she'd gotten a little.. over-excited.

Blushing a bit, she stepped back in line, squeaking out a "next?"
        As you step back in line you note a note of approval and see the hint of a chuckle trying to emerge from the headmistresses lips. the twinkle in her eyes reflecting eager amusement when you mention "making a story together", but you take this to be mere colorful interest.

Comment

Japheth Marvel
          VP: 1, Luck: 5
          Condition: Excited

Japheth sidles up to Clarke. "You did great! he whispers. He then gives his introduction to the group. "If some of you are wondering why I may look familiar, my name is Japheth Marvel and I recently won the latest America's Got Talent contest." He bows slightly. I am a classically trained singer from the Juilliard School of Music and was going to turn professional when this opportunity presented itself to further my education. I haven't heard much about this school (to be honest, NOTHING about this school) and I was intrigued. I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you better as the year progresses.".
          Last edited by BuckeyeFan; 06-28-2014, 06:28 AM.

Comment

Ronald Green
            CND

Ronald watched from afar as some of the other teachers mingled. Students of all sorts always arrived just like he did, but some in the more metaphorical sense. Without fail, they made him smile. They left a world constraining them to find one that let their minds wander to immeasurable heights. As each student came in, he couldn't help but think about the fabulous journey of exploration awaiting them.
            [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/46-mrdents-menagerie-of-characters]My characters past and present[/url]

Comment

Oliver St. James
              Condition: Curious

As the expanse of foliage gives way to the sprawling lawns of the Academy, Oliver looked up from his notebook to see the collage of topiaries decorating the grounds. His eyes lingered on the outline of a wizard for a moment as the car drew to a stop.

Thanks for the ride, Oliver said to his mute driver, giving the serious-faced man the thumbs up. Ill always cherish our conversation.

He stepped out of the car and joined the other students lining up. He glanced at each face, quickly. No one he recognized on sight, but that didnt mean much with artists. Doubtless hed recognize at least one body of work here before too long. His eyes strayed to Dr. Watts as she gave her refined curtsey. Speaking of bodies of work

Oliver was the third student in line, and that made him the third student to speak. Virtual reality and music. An eclectic mix. He took a half step forward, thumbs hooked in the loops of his jeans.

Hey everyone, he said. Im Oliver and Im a writer. Im guessing Im as surprised as the rest of you to get this invite. Stanford will be annoyed Im turning them down, but thats life, I guess.

He stepped back, shoulders slouched slightly. His face was passive, but his eyes continued to flick back and forth from face to face, analyzing.

Comment

"Splendid, splendid", she looks around at all of you smile wide and excitement clear in her eyes.
                "one of your classmates will be joining us soon but i understand he had some trouble finding the meeting point, but i shouldn't be surprised, flighty geniuses and all." she looks sternly towards Ronald eyeing his 'fresh from bed' look, knowing full well it is more fact than fashion statement.
                The headmistress turns waving for you all to follow as she strolls to the open doors of the mansion, hips swaying in a gentle arc.
                "This academy was founded in 1901 by scholars and scientists, who hoped that the wonders they found on this land could inspire young minds worthy and willing to create the things their hearts desired."
                She gestures around as you walk through a gleaming hall filled with paintings of famous people, from writers to artists, to game designers.
                "since our founding we have helped spark the worlds imagination, by sending people into it who could inspire and create much like all of you."
                The hallway leads into a vast atrium flanked on either side by large double doors, and hosts a grand staircase flowing up to the next floor in a semicircular arc on the back left and right walls.
                "tonight at 6 p.m. we will meet in the dining room", she gestures to the door on the left,"to share your first meal in our fine academy and there we shall make proper introductions for the rest of the students and teachers." she turns to look a Ronald and says "this is professor Green, he will show you all to you're rooms on the second floor. you all have an hour to put away the things you have brought with you and get acclimated with you're surroundings, but i expect everyone to be at dinner on time. Enjoy the view and i will see you all soon."
                She once again turns to go up the right staircase as she gestures for Ronald to show you to you're rooms.

Comment

Clarke Sagan

Clarke bit her lip and looked down to hide the curse of being a blushing Ginger as Japeth came close to her, brushing against her as he stepped forward.
                  Of course she knew who he was.. if she'd known he was going to be HERE, she probably wouldn't have packed his poster..
                  as the headmistress spoke, she looked back up, still slightly red but not as scarlet as a moment ago.

After being told they had an hour, she looked at her pile of belongings with a sigh as she started to bundle together everything she could carry.. this would probably take a couple trips.

Comment

Ronald Green
                    CND: Surprised

Was he supposed to be the guide to the rooms? Ronald could swear Melissa had that duty this year because she kept talking about how it was an honor to be the first faculty to have that interaction with the students. Maybe she was talking about him? During the talk, Ronald got lost in Melissa's eyes to the point of losing track of what she was saying. The head mistress liked messing with Ronald, so maybe this was her punishment to surprise him thought Ronald. In any event, what was he going to do? Leaving the students without a guide flew in the face of everything he tried to do at the school. It was one of those lemon situations.

Summoning up his best just rolled out of bed without even eating face, Ronald tried to look respectable. It wasn't an easy task in sandals and messed up hair. "It looks like you are stuck with me to show you your rooms. You can call me Ronald. Only Miranda calls me Professor Green.", said Ronald. The last part was said while looking at the head mistress. Now if only he could remember which rooms first year students got and if they were assigned rooms. Second floor, three or was it four doors down? Four was a safe number. "Come with me and we will get you situated in the happiest place on earth once you get used to it.", says Ronald while heading up the stairs. No room assignments, he finally recalled. "If no ones told you already, each of you need to pick a roommate for the year. If you want my advice, pick someone whose really different from you. It helps in the creative process." Upon arriving at the rooms, Ronald motioned at the rooms he thinks the students got to choose from. "I am sure you have questions, but when she says dinner is at 6pm she means it. After you get into your rooms, I will be down stairs if you have any questions.", finished Ronald. For an impromptu speech it wasn't half bad he thought before heading back to his room to quickly look more presentable and get back down stairs.

Comment

Clarke Sagan

Clarke found herself mesmerized by the headmistress, the way she swayed, her Ravishing Ruby hair - a match to Clarke's own. She couldn't help but stare.

Enjoy the view and i will see you all soon

Clarke blushed again, sure that the headmistress was staring straight at her as she said it. Shaking her head, Clarke followed the group..
                      There was nothing wrong with recognizing another woman's beauty, and it wasn't like she was... why was she so tense about it?

She didn't even hear professor Greens 'speech', too lost in her own worries, but heard something about choosing a room-mate. She stepped forward beside Japheth, self-consciously over-compensating for her previous thoughts. "Him.. er, I mean, Would you like to.. or, well I guess you're a guy, and I'm a girl, so that might be weird, so.. but it's not like we're sharing a bed.. Not that I would.. I mean, it's not that you're not good lucking, it's just..
                      please stop me.."

Comment

Japheth Marvel

Japheth smiled his most disarming smile. "Stop you from what? Being adorable? I would sooner give up singing than do that. In answer to your implied question, yes I will share a room with you. You're science; I'm music. You can't get much different than that. And, as you adorably pointed out, I am a guy and you are a girl, so that's as different as you can get. Though we may have to take you shopping later because I don't think you brought enough stuff.". The last is said with a sly wink as he dons his backpack and picks up two of her heavier bags.

Comment

Ronald Green
                          CND: Hungry

Even though dinner was fast approaching, Ronald hadn't eaten all day. So, after combing his hair, putting on shoes they didn't look like they belonged in a trash heap, and shaving a little he headed back down to get food. A piece of coconut cream pie should be left from his last meal in the faculty fridge, he thought, so that was the first placer he looked. Sure enough one piece remained. True to his word, he went to a chair near the main entrance where the students enter and sat down to eat it. The whole scene was not very professor like, but Ronald wasn't your run of the mill professor.

Pretty much he will be hanging around the student entrance area eating pie out of a tin until the bell rings.

Comment

Clarke Sagan

"O.. Ok." Clarke glanced around skittishly as he complimented her. Adorable? Mr Marvel himself thought she was adorable? And he winked at her!
                            "WAIT.." She lurched forward, suddenly forgetting her awkwardness as he grabbed one of her bags, "Sorry, it's just.. please be very careful with that one, it's got my grandpa's old telescope in it."

Smiling thankfully at him, she grabbed the rest of her bags, turning for a second to catch one last glimpse of the beautiful headmistress before shaking her head and looking forward, following Japheth as he picked out a room. Entering behind him, she set her bags down at the foot of her bed and carefully accepted the telescope bag from him, placing it almost reverently on the bed.

As she started unpacking, she furtively nudged the pack full of decorations under her bed when she thought Japheth wasn't looking. She'd have to hide the posters later when he wasn't around.. what had she been thinking, asking to room with a famous guy?

"So.. um.. Japheth? Japh? I'm not even sure what to call you.." She coughed, clearing her throat as her awkwardness returned "It looks like you packed pretty light..

Looking around as she unpacked, she tried to see a clock.. dinner was at 6, but what time was it? That had been a long car ride, and she'd lost track of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jemal View Post
                              Clarke Sagan
                              [/COLOR]Looking around as she unpacked, she tried to see a clock.. dinner was at 6, but what time was it? That had been a long car ride, and she'd lost track of time.
                              The clock, on the wall in the center back of the room just above the large bay window, reads 5:47.

Comment

Working...
                              X