Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

    Originally posted by Neo-Paladin View Post
    Justitia

    " Gods and saints", Maria gasps....then charges, trying to tackle Samatha to the ground...she could apologize later for the overreaction...but if she was right with her suspicion, apologies would not be necessary....
    Justicia

    Either a athletics check if your trying to subdue or an attack roll for anything other then a grapple. Also roll initiative.
    Samantha Truth

    Silver Star translates for you and one of the men speak up, she faces you and in English says, ”You are much more experienced then us Ms. Truth, what’s your plan? Tell us what to do and we’ll do it until our final breath.”

    The team around you nods in agreement and await your orders.
    Last edited by Awfulmonk; 06-29-2018, 03:49 PM.
    GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

    Games I'm In:
    Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

    Comment


    • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

      Trying to subdue...

      Comment


      • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

        Jaguar

        Kara was shocked. She still wasn't sure if the girl had been her daughter or some doppelganger like the Centurians in the video. She was about to leap towards the gunman when she noticed something. The scene she had just witnessed wasn't real. Had it been only in her mind? Was someone playing with her fear of losing the daughter she had only just been reunited with?

        Kara was done playing games. Further down the corridor was another man in a military uniform of some sort. It was time to let loose, time to go wild. Kara allowed the full nature of the beast out.

        In a blur of motion, Jaguar raced towards the man, claws and fangs extended, the full fury or her wild nature in effect. Her claws slicing the gunman viscously.

        First the Will save: 1d20+10: 24 [1d20=14] http://orokos.com/roll/638195 Spending a hero point to double Jaguars speed to 240 mph/3600 ft per round. The using all out attack for a +3, Attack roll: 1d20+13: 32 [1d20=19] http://orokos.com/roll/638200
        Last edited by CaptainChaos; 07-01-2018, 01:26 PM.

        Comment


        • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

          Samantha Truth
          HP: 1 LP: 1

          Samantha wasn't sure what to make of the other heroes deferring to her but she wasn't going to let the opportunity go to waste. "All right. I'm going to drop the barrier and we take them down fast." She shrugged her cloak back over her shoulders. "Then I'm going to close the portal while you cover me in case any more come through."

          One hand dropped and the magical wall disappeared. When he other hand dropped, a swarm of magic darts flew at the invaders.

          Ranged Damage 6 (Area, Selective) at however many bad guys are in a 30 foot area behind the barrier. Toughness DC21. Dodge DC16 to drop the Toughness DC to 18
          Initiative roll: 1d20+5 11

          Comment


          • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

            Silversheen
            HP: 1
            Status: Fatigued



            Internally, Richard sighed with exasperation. 'Speedsters.' Outwardly though, he reacted to the suddenly changed dynamic by lifting up his hand and willing a barrier to form just a few feet behind the woman Justicia was so kindly ramming into. A good way to cut off an escape route, as well as an extra surprise if the woman were to go flying.
            I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

            Comment


            • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

              Silversheen and Justicia

              Samantha frowns and attempts to move her arms, but your speed overtakes whatever it was she was trying to do. Once she is within your hold she is completely unable to release [URL="[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=212539]Succeed on a Crit: 1D20+2 = [10]+2 = 12 [/url]"]herself.

              "Really?" her tone dry and bored. "Of all the Dominants on this planet I had to run into you again? Fine..." she says with a sigh.

              She doesn't struggle, she doesn't even try to. She just lets you hold her in your arms and responds to the man you had just met.

              "Mmhmm, your new though. Were you the one interfering with my portal? That's a pretty useful skill. What's your name handsome?"

              Jaguar

              The gunmen attempt to aim his weapon at you and as you collide with his body, your mind now realizing he isnt truly there, you run through him. The man in front of, his eyes widen and you can hear him utter a profanity as he holds up his hands and attempts to create a wall between you. You're speed is too great and your will to strong. You collide with the wall, once again realizing its an illusion, you pass right through. Your claws pass through, but it seems he has more than [URL="[url=http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=212541]Toughness save DC 28: 1D20+9 = [20]+9 = 29 [/url]"]one trick up his sleeve. You feel your claws rip on fabric where his chest cavity should have been. Your attack missing his flesh by a mere inch.

              The man reaches into his pocket and fumbles with a communication device, almost like a standard walkie-talkie but different in small ways.

              "In-In-In-Intruder!!" He stutters in the device, his face pure white with panic and fear.

              First useful nat 20 ive rolled this entire game. I'm gonna give you a hero point though, because damn...
              Samantha Truth

              Everyone agrees, slowly they get into their ideal location, blades, arms, powers holding ready. They wait. They find their inner strength, and slowly, you feel a quietness around you. You slowly realize...they've stopped firing on the barrier, whoever it was...they've stopped advancing. They've all just stopped.

              Your ears suddenly are filled with the sounds of distance explosions and sirens. However one sound comes out that stands out. Coming from the van itself, you hear the low sound of a voice on the radio. You recognize the mans voice. Its one you've heard many times.

              "Samanathaaa..." The voice calls out over the radio, "Samanthaa..." He repeats. Finally you see one of the men or rather, men like things, outside your wall move. Then another and another. They all seem to be parting like a wave as another man appears. He wears a tattered overcoat, suit and tie and compared to the last time you saw him, he looks quite well. In his hand he holds something...its a little difficult to see between the opaque wall blocking some of your vision. He approaches your barrier, less then a foot away from it and stares directly at you.

              "Looks like you're not the only one that can come back from death darling?" He speaks to you and you can tell he has a putrid grin on his face. Pillar knocks on the barrier and speaks once again. "How's the neck? Still sore? Oh, my mistake. I was thinking of a different girl that I killed."

              Samantha, I believe you know Pillar...
              Harrier

              I need a Athletics check from you as this guy is a bit more prepared for an extra passenger then the last one was.
              Last edited by Awfulmonk; 09-09-2018, 09:02 AM.
              GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

              Games I'm In:
              Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

              Comment


              • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                Samantha Truth
                HP: 1 LP: 1

                Samantha staggered as if she'd been shot before regaining her composure. "You... who are you? Because I very much doubt you're who you purport to be."

                Insight check: 1d20+10 18 To determine if he's telling the truth

                Comment


                • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                  Jaguar

                  Jaguar snarled menacingly. She wrapped one arm tightly around the man's neck and snatched the radio away with her other hand.

                  "I am NOT in a good mood today. We are going to take a walk and you are going to tell me what this ship is planning on doing. You are going to take me to the bridge. If you behave, I might just let you live. If you make me mad, I'll rip your throat out and you'll be dead before your body hits the deck. Nod if you understand."

                  Grab attack for the chokehold: 1d20+8: 26 [1d20=18] http://orokos.com/roll/647601 Intimidate check: 1d20+12: 16 [1d20=4] http://orokos.com/roll/647604

                  Comment


                  • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                    Silversheen
                    HP: 1
                    Status: Fatigued




                    "Mmhmm, your new though. Were you the one interfering with my portal? That's a pretty useful skill. What's your name handsome?"
                    Snow smiles easily at the woman. "Perhaps," He breaths, starting to cover up his impediment with more natural pauses in his speech. "We could discuss that... hmmm... Over drinks? I know a little place... Plenty of security... No heroes at all."

                    His hands flex, his eyes turning onto Justicia with an odd to comprehend look.



                    OOC:
                    Trying to make her think that Snow is actually interested in taking her up on her offer- While hopefully not making Justicia think he's about to betray her in turn. Believe that's two separate deception checks?

                    Deception(Bluff): 24
                    Deception(Innuendo): 20
                    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                    Comment


                    • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                      Silversheen and Justicia

                      The woman who has Samantha Truths visage looks up and smiles at you once again, her eyes flash a deep purple. Her body relaxes and she speaks up, “You know, I think that sounds lovely. What’d you have in mind? I’m always up for a drink.””

                      She’s stuck, she won’t struggle.

                      Jaguar

                      The man in your grasp nods and tries to choke out some words as your arm crushes his wind pipe. As you relax you hear heavy breathed words escape his mouth. His voice is rough and coarse. ”They know you’re here, you won’t have to deal with just me for long.” He says, almost proudly.

                      Samantha Truth

                      As far as you can tell, he’s certainly leaving out lots of bits and pieces, maybe over exaggerating a little but he’s mostly telling the truth.
                      ”I don’t ‘purport’ to be anyone Sammy, well not right now. The last time we met was different. Remember that? That was embarrassing...” He continues speaking into the device, he continues facing you, but walks over to a overturned vehicle and leans against it. ”But things are different now, war changes everything.” He leans incredibly relaxed, those soldiers of his however, if they are his, haven’t taken such a posture, guns still at the ready.

                      Hellion

                      Your empowered legs leap off the now destroyed plane, pushing against it with superhuman strength you once again feel the night air against your body. Blowing past you at intense speeds, until the loud roar of jet engine move ever closer and soon the metal of the plane is under your feet. A perfect jump. You feel the plane under you jolt and hastily try to right itself. You can see the back of the pilots head from you currently stand, you are that close to the cockpit.
                      GM Pillars Rise and Heroes Fall (OOC) (IC),Setting Notes for Pillars Fall

                      Games I'm In:
                      Emily Whittier aka Arc in Crinoverse: Tales to Astonish

                      Comment


                      • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                        Samantha Truth
                        HP: 1 LP: 1

                        "Tell me what's different, Pillar."
                        Samantha was still tense. "Tell me what changed you. We don't understand." She needed to keep him talking, they were terribly low on intelligence.

                        Comment


                        • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                          He gives a small smile, before locking eyes with Justicia. She didn't seem very pleased with his course of action at the time being, yet how could he blame her. They'd only juat met after all.

                          The corner of his false smile slipped, and like that he knew it was best to change course. "It seems... We'll have to reschedule. How about... We talk about this later...?"

                          The rest of his facade collapsed. "Your cue, Hero."
                          I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                          Comment


                          • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                            Justitia

                            Looking around, Maria tried to find something she could use to tie not-Samantha up - steel bars, girders, something she could fashion into a solid restraint...

                            Comment


                            • Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

                              Hellion got down on all fours, clinging to the cockpit. With any luck the transparent shell protecting the pilot wasn't nearly as resilient as the aircraft's fuselage...he began to channel heat against the glass (polycarbonate?) attempting to melt his way through.

                              It's an object and Hellion is already on it, so the grab move should be automatic. This will automatically trigger exothermic grip (switching array as free action to do so), Weaken Toughness DC 20 vs Toughness with a secondary effect the following round as well as a linked DC 25 Damage with Penetrating 10. Hellion is going to attempt to extract the pilot for questioning.
                              [B][U]Tek's Ronin[/U]:[/B]
                              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4238-3e-Pillars-Rise-and-Heroes-Fall-(Full)?p=212259&viewfull=1#post212259"]Hellion[/URL] [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4238-3e-Pillars-Rise-and-Heroes-Fall-(Full)?p=212260&viewfull=1#post212260"](Sheet)[/URL]

                              [URL="http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/"]Roll Dem Bones![/URL]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X