Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

(3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 6 - The Invasion Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awfulmonk
    replied
    Re: (3e) Pillars Fall and Heroes Rise: Chapter 4 - Parleys of Peace

A quick mutter of ancient words and you find yourself in front of the hospital where you had arrived back so many days ago. If you had known then what you know now what could you have changed.

Ishara seems to gaze about around her but your focus is on the man, not her. You call out for a Doctor and as you wait, merely a few moments, you hear Walloth's voice over the coms.

"This is Walloth, I've intercepted your comunique, I just got the report over the wire Ms. Truth. I'll ask you later how you knew before me. But I'm sending some of my men over to investigate. Your team is in the middle of their engagement. I'll send them your way once they're done. Do you need assistance in any way?"

Walloth's voice sounds disturbed. At what?

The operation your teammates are currently in the middle of? The act of terrorism that had just occurred on National Soil? There is so many things going on all at once. Maybe later Krupp will be able to shed some light on it all.

Two Nurses appear from the building, a girder moving with them they begin the process of assisting Wi-Fire. Hopefully his injuries are not too great. The Kid is young, too young.

Unfortunately you are unable to guess her intentions, she has not revealed enough to you about her, and you do not know enough about the her past. So far with that roll however, I would say you doubt her intentions would bring intentional harm to you.

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied

Samantha Truth
    HP: 3 LP: 1

Samantha knelt next to Wi-Fire. She was careful not to touch him as that might cause more harm than good.
    "Ishara, I believe you are indeed better for having met me." She felt that was a safe assumption to make. If she was the only one able to see this projection, Ishara needed her. Nobody else could free her from her tomb. Whether that was something to be desired was another issue. "I'm not yet sure how I stand to benefit. You may follow me if you wish but I need to get this man some help immediately."

Samantha then activated her comm. "The Citadel has been attacked again. I'm taking Wi-Fire for medical aid. Anyone who is able, meet me outside as before." She put her hand gently on Wi-Fire's arm and teleported them both to the entrance of the hospital where she'd taken the survivors of the prison attack.

Insight check: 1d20+10 25 Insight check to gauge Ishara's intentions
    Last edited by Shock; 28th September 2017, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Awfulmonk
    replied

"But did you not see, did you not hear the man's words. Ishara was wise, her place of rest is well guarded." She chuckles to herself, "Ishara believes that the man whom just left cannot see Ishara, in fact Ishara believes only you can see this form. I shall follow you, Ishara is curious as to why. Bless the Birthlight this day, for we have found each other. And we are better for it, yes?"

Ishara, as she calls herself is smiling as though looking at one's child with pride. And it seems her gaze has fallen on you. Whether good or bad, is completely up to you.

Blue light comes from the other end of the room, towards the microwave you had noticed earlier.

Ms. Truth, I tried to get away, but I wasn't..guh! quick enough. I don't know what, oh god that hurts, happened but one second everything was fine the next...it's gone. The tower, it's gone."

His words begin forming before the electricity turns to flesh and bone and cloth. It seems he was staying hidden in the wires, as he so put it. The young man is barely dressed. Only the pants of his uniform on.

That is until you get a closer look. His clothes aren't on, they've been torn asunder. Then he walks forward and you see on his back little bouts of flame. He takes a few steps forward, and as you watch he collapses. It isn't an awful sight, but it is something you've seen before. His back, it looks like waves of fire and hit it. The burns are bad, and you know. He wasn't in 'the wires' because he was waiting for you, he stayed in the electricity to avoid dealing with the pain of whatever happened to him.

Later you will learn he never was under attack, in fact he was almost unaware of the whole situation. It was only his quick reflexes that allowed him to escape the explosion, and the heat that now permeates burns on his flesh was caused while he was in his electrical form. It seems that whoever tried to destroy the tower the first time, now that you were distracted has done so without interference.

Ishara on the other hand, simple stands and stares. Her face in the moment shows she is bored. She merely looks to you for whatever response you would give.

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied

Samantha Truth

Samantha shook her head. "I'm afraid I don't. I would prefer to leave you and your power undisturbed rather than risk it fall into Krupp's hands."

Leave a comment:

• Awfulmonk
    replied

Her demeanor changes, she realizes whoever you are, she is not who she thought you were. You see on her face her mind trying to make sense of everything.

Why do you not move young one? Did you not come here knowing I was here. You call this meeting with the one whom discovered my tomb and yet you do not wish to go seek its powers. You puzzle me. Lucky for you Ishara loves to solve puzzles. Tell me, do you know who I am. Do you know what I can do?

You've seen that grin before, when one thinks they have all the power. This woman isn't good at hiding her facial expressions, she's incredibly easy to read.

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied

Samantha Truth

Samantha kept her expression neutral but did not relax. "I'll ask no price for your freedom but if you can assist us in our trials, I won't refuse. Could you explain further?"

Expertise:Magic check: 1d20+17 30 Does Samantha know anything about the Birthlight?

Leave a comment:

• Awfulmonk
    replied

"Only those with the Birthlight can see...but the Birthlight was destroyed by our creations. They could not have known how to use its fragments. So you must be of the Sect, do not try to trick me half-breed, I know your ways." She spoke, cowering.

As you gaze at her you don't see any magic, in the traditional sense. You do however see her figure is partially translucent. She is not entirely here. Anything else, you aren't able to figure out in the moment.

"Let me pass," she begins. "My temple is still untouched, there are many things there I can give you, many secrets this world has forgotten, yes? They can be yours if you let me pass and do no harm to this one."

Then the magic around her fades for an instant and you glance at a woman who once was wearing modern clothes, for at least a moment however her skin becomes tight and dried, her clothes old and ragged, little color anywhere to be seen. Her hair practically gone. Her eyes sunken. She looks long dead. Then her image turns to normal and she appears young and youthful with beautiful black hair and almost perfect skin. An illusion, most definitely. The question is, is that her true form and if so why is she hiding it.

This is the image that you saw her shift into:
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/82/c8...462c01038a.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied

Samantha Truth

"I'm human. Mostly."
    Samantha kept her distance. The woman seemed scared and she didn't want to spook her before getting some answers. "And why shouldn't I be able to see you? Who are you and what are you running from?" She stared at the woman, trying to determine if it was magic or something else that hid her from others.

Using See Magic to pick anything up
    Perception check: 1d20+13 32

Leave a comment:

• Awfulmonk
    replied

Krupp shakes your hand. "Don't forget to hold up your end of the bargain Ms. Truth."

As he leaves he receives a phone call. "What do you mean under attack? No..no it's fine. There's nothing of value on the plane that we care about now anyways. Just stall and meet up at the secondary location...Hello?" As he continues to speak his voice gets quieter. Until you can barely hear him anymore.

In the room the figure whom Krupp paid no mind to is watching you. But not in the way that you've experienced. Almost as if she doesn't believe she can see you. She approaches you and starts examining you, then realizing you haven't moved speaks.

At first its an unknown language, quickly its fixed as your Arcane powers change the unknown words into English.

"...Demon? But you look so normal. And you aren't moving. Why aren't you moving?" Then she looks at you once again and realizes you're staring at her. "Gahh!" She backs up a few feet. "You can see me? But...no one should be able to see me! What are you?" She runs to hide behind a couch. "I won't let them take me to **** please don't take me?" She seems to ask, while also begging.

**** is not a cussword, its supposed to be my best attempt at the spell unable to translate whatever the woman said. What Truth heard was pronounced as FEN-DRI-VOL, but from here on out I'll be spelling it as Pfendrvol
    Last edited by Awfulmonk; 21st September 2017, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied

Samantha Truth

"Understand I will help you if your intelligence is good and actionable." Samantha held out her hand to shake, a slight smile on her face. "Don't feed me rubbish, Mr Krupp."

I plan on investigating the "phantom" woman and the microwave after Krupp leaves, if possible

Leave a comment:

• Awfulmonk
    replied

Originally posted by Shock View Post
    Samantha Truth

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Information is our number one problem." It wasn't strictly true. She was pretty sure the inter-dimensional invasion was going to be a much bigger problem. Not to mention all of the more personal issues many of the Centurions had. But Krupp didn't need to know about that. "Something's happening and you know more than you've let on. Share what you know with us and I'll consider your request."
    Krupp almost smiled a little, and for the first time the woman whom has been sitting across from him looked up. Again no response to the matter from Krupp about the woman across from him.

"Lots of things are happening Ms. Truth. As of right now, I'm not sure if all of them are connected. But give me a day or two and I'll keep in touch. Just to be clear however, I do this for you and you will help me. This is non-negotiable. Do we have a understanding? He waited for a response, he is foremost a man of business, this you know. As he sat there he adjusted himself and pulled out a phone. It was turned off.

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied

Samantha Truth

Samantha rolled her eyes. "Information is our number one problem." It wasn't strictly true. She was pretty sure the inter-dimensional invasion was going to be a much bigger problem. Not to mention all of the more personal issues many of the Centurions had. But Krupp didn't need to know about that. "Something's happening and you know more than you've let on. Share what you know with us and I'll consider your request."
    Last edited by Shock; 15th September 2017, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Awfulmonk
    replied

"Like I said, you help me and I'll return the favor. I've heard you have a lot on your plate right now. As a show of good faith,
    tell me what you need accomplished and I'll see to it myself. And just so there is no loose interpretation, I'll do whatever you need doing, however you prefer. I know how you full-time heroes can be."

Your spell doesn't go off in the slightest

Leave a comment:

• Shock
    replied

Samantha Truth

Samantha raised an eyebrow. "And you think now is a good time for archaeology?" She was sure she was being baited, but why? Did they have to worry he'd find some artifact or was he simply trying to deflect attention from the current situation?She wracked her brain trying to remember anything that might be relevant.

Expertise:Magic: 1d20+17 19 Great roll

Leave a comment:

• Awfulmonk
    replied

"Blunt it is then, we think we found a tomb from the First Age, unfortunately the magic protecting it is old. And frankly, your the only one that has any experience with those that might have made it. I'd like you to come to my country and unlock a few doors for me."

So far no lies, but you know him well enough, he hasn't let anyone in his country in ages.

I appreciate your patience, lots of good was done this past week. Also I'm deathly allergic to horses but not cows. Now I know.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X