Miracle High

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2e IC] Miracle High

Memorial Day weekend is a time for barbecues and fireworks and whatever you do to shirk responsibility. You, however, are not allowed to shirk. You are one of the new students at Kosovich School For Gifted Students. You now stand in The Courtyard in front of the school. You have been given a 'Hello, my name is' tag. It's 1145 and The Kosovichs haven't arrived yet, but it seems there are a few students here. Do you mingle or do your own thing? It's up to you.
    "Alexander, looking at the breadth of his domain, wept, for he saw no more of the world to conquer."

Re: Miracle High

Terrance
    HP: 1

Terrance looked up the gates and shifted his weight nervously from foot to foot. He wasn't 100% certain his parents had dropped him off here to be rid of him, but he figured it was as likely as their stated reason that he "needed to learn discipline." He turned and saw his mother give a shaky wave before driving off. Terrance found he couldn't blame her, not after the party.

It had all been so simple. A friend of an older brother of a friend had asked for help with "party favors" and Terrance had been glad to help. There was a concoction he'd come up with which caused mild euphoria and reduction of inhibition in those who partook of it but was rapidly metabolized by the system, leaving the recipient clean with in an hour of partaking. No one was entirely certain what happened. There were stories of a Miracle coming to life, someone chugging the entire contents of the spiked punch bowl, maybe a bit of Terrance's sweat had fallen in... for all Terrance knew, it was just an idiosyncratic drug reaction, but however it had happened, things got ugly really fast. The paramedics arriving so rapidly on the scene prevented the injuries from becoming major, but people started asking questions and Terrance's folks had rushed him out to here, a place they believed could handle this strange property of hisd bodily fluids.

Whatever their reason, Terrance was going to try his best not to cause trouble this time. He shouldered his bag, spat to one side, sending the passing beetle into convulsions, and headed in.
    [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/996]My Builds[/url]

[b]Current games:[/b]
    [url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Thomas "Tommy" Argent IV
      Codename: Silver Tongue
      HP: 5
      Condition: Normal

It seemed odd standing in front of the school. Tommy thought back to a time when his father was proud of him.

"My son wasn't only born with a silver spoon in his mouth, but a silver
      tongue as well!", referring to Tommy's extraordinary singing voice.

The nickname stuck, as did the pride...for a while. Tommy was born into privilege and when he demonstrated a love (and aptitude) for music, his father encouraged it, hiring the best instructors to train him. Tommy had even been selected to attend the prestigious Juilliard School of Music, where he was planning to start in fall. Of course, that was before "The Gazebo Incident".

Graduation party, Tommy had finished near the top of his class, and his father was justifiably proud. Tommy had written a song and was performing it on the gazebo when his Miracle struck. As he was singing, Tommy began to feel the crowd reacting to his song. He literally started to sense the emotions of everyone around him, and without filters, Tommy could not handle the emotional onslaught. He grabbed his head, turned his face skyward, and screamed, "Noooo!"

The "official" story was that the contractor had used substandard materials and that young Tommy was lucky enough to escape injury when the gazebo collapsed. What really happened is that Tommy literally blew the roof off the gazebo.

After that, his father didn't look at him the same. Two weeks and several calls later, and here we are at the "Freaks and Geeks" school.

As Tommy looked around, he didn't see any faculty, but he did see a few other kids. Time to make some friends. Tommy unslung his guitar case, pulled out his guitar, and began to sing. "Where it began, I can't begin to know it, but then I know it's growing strong..."

Comment

The Kelvin Twins

"Damn, looks AND skill? Now that's HOT."

"Oh great, another guitarist. Because the last one was so cool."
        "Hey, I'll take hot over cool any day."
        "Can we cut out the puns please? Nobody else gets them yet."
        "Spoilsport."

The commentary came from a few feet off to Tommy's side, where stood two pretty young girls watching him play - one with harsh blue eyes and well-styled blonde hair, the other with mischievous purple eyes and long flowing red hair. As their conversation drew a glance from Tommy, the redhead tossed him a flirty smile and waved, while the blonde rolled her eyes.

"Have fun, I'll be doing something productive." The Blonde moved away from her sister while the redhead - whose name tag identified her (In what appeared to be letters etched by a magnifying glass) as Summer - moved closer to Tommy, and what had seemed to be a balmy day was quickly turning into a scorcher.

Meanwhile, Aurora walked towards the school, stopping each person she met to see if they knew anything useful.

Comment

Mark Freeman

Looking back on it, Mark was surprised that he had managed to keep his powers a secret from his mother for so long. Whether it was unknowingly floating off the ground and scurrying to plant his feet before she noticed or using the line "I guess I don't know my own strength" for the umpteenth time to explain a broken object. To be fair, that was the truth; even since the emergence of his powers a couple of years ago, Mark still found that his strength could get the better of him. When he went to pick up his suitcases, he had underestimated how light they were (to him) and pulled too hard, causing himself to wobble awkwardly.

Smooth, Mark.

Anyway, Mark eventually got tired with lying to his mother about what he was capable of, and revealed that he was a Miracle to her. She said that she would love him no matter what, and Mark believed that; he knew that he was coming to this school because it is what's best for him, not because she was trying to send him away. What about his father though? He never knew that Mark was a Miracle. Heck, Mark didn't even know it himself before his father's untimely passing. Mark wished his dad could see what he could do now, but would the late lawman have been comfortable with his own son? So many others take offense to Miracles...

There had to have been something better to distract Mark than such troublesome thoughts. Oh hey, that student just seemed to give a bug a seizure with his spit; let's get to know him better.

"Hey," he greeted Terrance, giving him a friendly nod since his hands were still full with luggage. "I suppose we're all going to be the new kids on campus."
          Last edited by Adventure Dan; 27th May 2014, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Ryan Lott
            HP 1

A tall skinny kid in somewhat grungy clothes with messy black hair stood among the other new students. He was hungrily munching on a bag of chips thinking of how good barbecue sounded right now. He had really never experienced the traditional memorial day barbeque before (at least not that he could remember), but the way some students were describing some of their previous years experiences…his mouth was watering. He reached down for another handful of chips, but ended up just scraping at crumbs at the bottom of the bag. Up ending the bag he poured the crumbs in his mouth. He then licked his finger and started using is to rescue the last vestiges of salt and chip from the corners of the bag. Confident he had gotten all he could from it he promptly crumpled up the bag and ate that as well.

He finished all this just as a fairly serious looking blonde girl was approaching his vicinity. She seemed to be grilling (mmm…grilling) other students for information. He addressed her as she approach, “Hey, has anyone said anything about there being snacks available?” He paused a moment and then added “Oh, I’m Ryan by the way,” sticking out his hand to shake. He looked at it and then wiped the chip grease and dust on his pants before offering it again.

Comment

Terrance

Terrance looked up and reflexively dropped his bags and moved his hands behind his back to avoid touching the newcomer.
              "Hey," he said, his voice the gruff tenor commonly affected by boys hoping that puberty will give them a deep manly voice but still stop with a more boyish alto, "Yeah, my parents just dumped me. You a troublemaker too?" His voice was more than a bit defensive to match his words, but he doesn't seem entirely opposed to the idea of talking.

OOC
              Not that it's likely to impact things, but I visualize Terrance as having shaggy sandy-blonde hair, bright green eyes with slightly dilated pupils that gaze rather unhurriedly, and a slight build. Clothing right now is a set of black workboots, faded blue jeans without major holes or tears, a t-shirt with a forgettably generic logo, and a green and black long-sleeved flannel over-top.

[url=http://www.echoesofthemultiverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=839]The J.V. Team (GM)[/URL]

Comment

Aurora's lip curled almost imperceptibly as Mark retracted and wiped off his hand, but she stoicly (and gingerly) took it when re-offered "No, I haven't heard anything about snacks. I'm trying to figure out what we're supposed to be doing, and I doubt snacking is it.. though it IS almost noon, so I'd guess there will be lunch soon."

Seeing a pair talking nearby, she motioned towards them "uh, why don't we see if they know anything?" She moved over to the shaggy looking guy and the guy with the suitcases.

"Hello, I'm Aurora, and this is Ryan. Do either of you know what we're supposed to be doing around here?"

Comment

Ryan Lott
                  HP 1

As much she tried to hide it, Ryan did notice Aurora's reaction to his currently less then stellar hygiene. It didn't really phase him though, as he'd grown accustomed to such reactions in his recent stint being homeless (which technically, until the instructors showed up, he still was.) He had to give her credit for actually shaking his hand though. Seems like she might be more than just a pretty face.

He perked up considerably at her mention of a possible lunch and followed as she went to talk to the other students. He waves and shoots the others a head nod as she introduces him and then responds to the question she posed. "No idea what we're supposed to be doing, but we might as well get to know each other somewhat. How about we start with the obvious, what makes you all 'freaks'?" he asks with zero tact. "I can eat anything and vomit it back up as energy blasts," he says with a smile at the deliberately disgusting explanation of his power.

Comment

"That's not something everybody's comfortable speaking about, you should be a bit more subtle in the future... Also, you could probably use a better term to describe your powers. Perhaps 'expel it as energy blasts', it's not as disgusting."

Aurora flipped her hair and pointed to a spot on the ground, waving her hands theatrically. As she did so, a spiral of ice began to form. "But since you asked, I control cold and Ice."

Comment

Mark Freeman

"Troublemaker? Me?" Mark replied with an incredulous grin. "Not a chance. My dad was a cop; I couldn't even steal from the cookie jar if I wanted to." Mark considered apologizing to Terrance for his sentiment of being "dumped" here, but decided he didn't want to risk a bad first impression by giving pity to someone who wasn't looking for it. "I guess coming here was just the best thing for me, you know? Going to school with others like us, I mean."

At that moment, a pretty, blonde-haired girl and a messy-looking boy approached the two; clearly other new students judging by their ages and name tags. "Hey, I'm Mark," he returned the greeting. The young paragon also had no idea of what the Miracles should be doing; he was hoping to be welcomed by one of the professors, or at least an older student. The one named Ryan brought up the topic of their powers though, and Mark made little effort to stifle a laughter at the nonchalant descriptor of his powers. What did you expect, he's a teenage boy; he'd still laugh at a sophisticated enough fart joke. Aurora was less than amused, which Mark didn't understand; wasn't this school, of all places, where they could be open about their abilities? He thought she was being a bit uppish, but she did decide to demonstrate her control of cold, which was nice (There was a "Let It Go" joke here somewhere, but he wasn't going to make it).

"Aurora, was it?" Mark asked. "Wow, talk about the foresight on that name. That's like naming your kid 'Jarvis' and he grows up to be a butler." He chuckled before clearly his throat. "Anyway, I have super-strength and durability, and I can fly." He lifted himself a foot off the ground into the air and flourished his arms as if to say, "Tada!" before landing back down. Any demonstration of the former two powers would probably be frowned upon.
                      Last edited by Adventure Dan; 29th May 2014, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Terrance

Terrance frowned slightly and looked at the other kids currently there. "'M guessing that maybe, since all of us have these gifts, that they're running us through early orientation, maybe? Like having the band members show up a week early?" He shrugged. "I got hallucinogenic sweat," he said, "Well, all kind of stuff, really." He place the tip of his index finger in his mouth and withdrew it. The saliva glistened a dull green against his skin. "I can usually control it... and I've been reading up on chemistry to see if maybe understanding it better means controlling it better..." he trailed off, his expression going blank for a moment.

"Yeah, control would be good, I guess. Y'know, I was thinking 'bout the whole 'powers and names' thing and maybe it does work that way. You know, some guys are saying it's all psychological, right? These powers are coming from one source and what we have is what we're thinking about when it hits us. Or maybe it's fate. We got named what we did because we were gonna get our powers." He shrugged. "'Cept my name is Terrance, so that doesn't really say anything, I guess."

He shook his finger dry, then ruffled through his bag. "I coulda sworn there was something about Orientation in here... maybe we go to so kinda Administration building?" Doing a quick glance around, he added, "Looks like we might be the only ones right now. Either we're the incoming freak class or they're doing waves." He shrugged and turned toward the gates, quickly shaking them to see if they were unlocked.
                        "Maybe they're doing psych tests on us?"

Comment

Aurora

"Not as fateful as you might think.. more 50/50. And it's not psychological anymore than your hair colour, It's just evolution. My sister and I are second Gen, our dad could control the weather and our mom was an elemental. They were pretty sure we'd inherit similar powers, so they gave us weather related names - Aurora and Summer.. The rest was just a coin flip. Though I guess it would've been pretty funny if SUMMER had the cold powers." She laughed.
                          "We were going to live normal lives and keep our powers quiet, but.. we had an accident.." Aurora trails off with a small frown, but shakes her head and clears her throat, looking at Terrance "You'd get along great with my sister."
                          She grins as she watches Mark's demonstration "The Superman Trifecta, nice. Guess we know who's gonna be captain of the football team."

Summer

Meanwhile, Summer sauntered closer to the guitar-player, inspecting his name-tag. "So.. Tommy, huh? What brings you here to mutant high?"

Comment

Ryan Lott
                            HP 1

"You know, I've heard of a miracle whose hair color IS psychological," Ryan said jokingly. "But seriously, I don't think anyone truly has a grasp on what determines our powers or why we get them in the first place. All I know if I was starving when I got them and have been hungry ever since...speaking of which, where are our instructors?! I'm really hoping for some lunch soon." Turning to the remaining students he yells, "Anyone have the power to create food?! I'm all out of snacks!"

Comment

Tommy
                              HP: 5
                              Condition: Disappointed

Tommy stops playing and singing. He smiles and says: "Well, I kind of had an accident at home and my dad thought I should come here. Though, given the reaction to my performance, perhaps I should have stayed home. So what's your story? Why are you here?"

Tommy pulls a mirror from his guitar case, checking to see if he has something in his teeth, and admiring himself when he discovers he does not.

Comment

Working...
                              X