Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Call to Adventure!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [3e IC] Call to Adventure!

    The sun blazed down on Freedom City on a day when birds sang free and the millions of local residents seemed to swarm of the new Freedom Galleria!

    Vehicles were everywhere making parking an extensive nightmare. People driving and walking on their smartphones were a ubiquitous hazard. Parents arguing as they pulled strollers from their massive SUVs. Entitled sociocrats stealing parking spaces and strutting towards the mall indignant. Security SUVs cruising either too slow or too fast through the parking lot.

    Freedom Galleria was a hit!

    Inside, The Verve's 'Bitter Sweet Symphony' echoed through the Galleria's hallways as crowds nearly bumped you out of step. The sights of myriad high-end shops and smells of expensive perfumes and delicious foods wash over your senses. The clean bone-and-black tile. The semi-sonic hum of an air-conditioned arcology. The intermittent gaze of uniformed security officers packing walkie-talkies and 'Galleria Guideline' pamphlets. The demi-hypnotic smiles of local celebrities and radio personalities looking for a familiar face. Babies crying from buffered strollers. Half-spoken smartphone conversations as they approach and pass you.

    Freedom Galleria was a hit!

    But, why are you here, in the Food Court no less?
    Last edited by dream; 06-13-2019, 07:40 PM.
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

  • #2
    Grasshopper

    Feng wandered the food court, wearing a black blazer with a white button down shirt. He walked through the extensive food court, making his way towards what had quickly become one of his favorite examples of American Food: Shaughnessy's. Whenever he was having a rough time at Claremont Academy, his friends would take him to the bar-themed chain restaurant for a burger and fries. The Prince of Yushan had never eaten at this one, in fact meeting his friend's here was the point of this trip. He hadn't seen Lamarr, Ray or Serena since graduation, and he had a lot to talk to them about.

    None of them knew that he was going back to his homeland a t the end of the summer. Not yet, anyway.
    What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

    Comment


    • #3
      Zenith
      Hero Points: 1 of 1 Luck Points: 5 of 5
      Conditions: None.


      Lincoln had arranged the lunch with his sister, Elizabeth, a week ago. It was still odd to him, that when he'd left he was 11 years old, and his sister was only 7. Now, due to the inherent strangeness of the multiverse, he was a perpetual 23, and she was 33 years old, married and with kids. Their relationship had been strange, after all, they'd thought him dead and gone for decades now, only to have him re-appear in their lives some 25 years later. Elizabeth still wasn't entirely comfortable with him, and so she'd agreed to this lunch at the Galleria, however, she hadn't brought her children, Lincoln's nephew's and neice's with her.

      He'd arrived at the Galleria at 11:30 in the morning, far earlier than strictly required, perhaps it was nerves, perhaps he just wanted time to mindle through the crowds, pretend he was just a faceless citizen of Freedom City for a while. He walked through the Galleria, with no particular destination in mind, thinking of the events of the past few months, when he'd arrived back to Earth, he had a run in with the League, they were astonished at his story, perhaps a little untrusting, but given the nature of his initial disappearance, even that was understandable. He'd performed admirably though, working for the League in a reserve status, enough that they were willing to help him get his life back in order. They had set him up as a student liason for Claremont, given his physical age precluded his enrollment, it let him interact with young kids who, in many cases, shared his own sense of dissassociation brought on by social stigma, their own abilities, or, as in his case, an absence from Earth's modern culture and social structure.

      Checking his watch, it was close to 1pm, so he headed towards the food court, letting the movement of the crowd carry him along. He scanned the crowd briefly, picking out his sister's face, she was dressed for work, blazer, slacks, cream colored blouse, her hair pulled back from her face, tasteful jewellry. She looked like their mother, except she had passed in the early 00's due to cancer brought on by exposure to various Terminus energies in '93. Another family milestone that he missed. He smiled, nervously, and waved to his sister, indicating the small bistro table he'd kept clear for their lunch, "Hey Liz," he ran a hand through his hair, nervously, "how's work been treating you?"

      OOC: Quick question, what's the current roster of the Freedom League actually look like? Just curious.

      Comment


      • #4
        Breaker
        Hero Points:
        1
        Condition: A-OK


        Caleb swallowed the last of his sub sandwich and stood up to take a walk around. Lit of people hanging about today. He wore a plain blue t-shirt and black athletic shorts, accompanied by a pair of flip-flops and a green ballcap from his workplace. He had the day off so he figured he'd get out of the house and get some food. Work had been hectic recently. Not hard, because with his strength and stamina, physical labor seldom is. But it had been hectic and he was happy to have a break from carefully hiding the full extent of his might so as to not draw undue attention. With his food finished, Caleb decided to hang around a bit outside and enjoy the weather, and he began to walk for the door.
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/2965-AverageJoe-s-Builds-(Concept-Bank)-3-Entries-Thus-Far"]My Builds[/URL]
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4164-Superhuman-Defense-Organisation-America?p=161535&viewfull=1#post161535"]Savior[/URL], SDO: America
        [QUOTE=Emiliano Zapata][B]"Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."[/B][/QUOTE]
        [QUOTE=Tim McGraw][B]"I'm in a better place... Where soldiers live in peace, and angels sing Amazing Grace..."[/B][/QUOTE]

        Comment


        • #5
          Neutron:
          HP: 1
          Condition: Hungry.


          It had been a hectic day ever since Neutron have been asked to make an public appearance at the grand opening of the mall's newest store partly in support of a fundraiser for Freedom City emergency services personnel and their families and also partly to ease the minds of the security staff as well as the mall's investors. With the red ribbon cutting ceremony done, he spent part of the morning talking with local fire, EMS, reporters and law enforcement officials and then having to sign autographs, auction off prizes at several high priced stores and the like.

          Now he was famished and headed toward the food courts. While he could eat at the city sponsored luncheon, from what he learned about the menu, the current administration is somewhat health conscious and he wanted to eat, not graze.

          As one of Freedom City's most well known superheroes with a public identity, Lloyd didn't see a need in this case to switch into civilian clothes since particularly everyone knew who he was. Neutron had long struggled with the pressures of fame though he sometimes grudgingly admitted that it has it's uses.

          He flew above the awe struck crowd and randomly picked a food stand that had few customers and landed as he waited in line, occasionally smiling and shaking hands with the other people who obviously were not used to a costumed figure standing next to them. He even posed for a few cellphone photos before it was his turn.

          "Don't be shocked, Miss." he said gently to the young girl tending the cash register. "I want a large Hawaiian pizza with extra cheese and jalapenos and a large root beer."

          "Shall i bring your order to your table, sir?"

          "No need. I doubt very much i can get a private table today anyway."

          Neutron took his order of food and promptly paid and signed for it with the account of one of his credit cards. He then waved to the crowd as he flew high up almost to the ceiling and sat on a rafter which thankfully supported his weight.
          Last edited by Shadow Mask; 06-14-2019, 07:11 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Arcanum

            HP: 1
            Condition: Normal


            "No, I am telling you. It is thirteenth Dynasty. The representation of Aten is a dead giveaway." Hector was on his phone, talking to Megan about a new tablet they had found. He hated using this plastic and metal brick. It isn't as though he hated technology. He loved technology. He really loved mixing it with magical enchantments. He just hated being so easy to reach. In the monastery, there were always places he could go if he needed a few hours of silence. Not here. Here he was three buttons away at all times.

            He was walking through the food court. It wasn't his final destination. Hector knew better than to fill himself with these extravagances. Sometimes he had no choice when around certain company, but otherwise he kept to his food at home. He was actually here to look at the hobby store that just opened here. Woodcarving was much easier with a CNC machine. He had been saving up from his day-job for months. He would finally be able to afford one of the smaller models. He shifted the satchel on his back as he continued his conversation.

            "Yes... I will see you soon and we can discuss it then... Well then you should learn demotic script. It might make this easier."
            Fox in the Hole: GM
            A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

            Comment


            • #7
              EVERYONE:

              There's a flurry of activity as a man dressed in a khaki suit comes running from the restroom area pushing through the crowds and even knocking people down!

              "GET OUTTA MY WAY! MOVE!" he shouts angrily! There are screams and shouts from the crowds! Frightened children begin to cray aloud! Several Galleria security guards take notice and rush towards the man while yelling into their radios!

              "We have a situation in the Food Court! White male in a white suit! Pushing people --- looks like he's headed for the inner mall!"

              The suited maniac gets caught between a couple and they all fall down in front of Queen's Frozen Yogurt! The man begins to stand just as three security guards surround him!

              The guards, armed with only radios, yell at the assailant, "STOP! STAY DOWN! YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!"

              But the suited man simply stares past them in the direction he just ran from --- causing the guards and many in the crowd to also look back towards the restroom area ---

              Standing just outside the restrooms in an Asian male, slender, just under 6', wearing an over-sized white dress shirt, collar open to reveal several gold chains, sleeves rolled-up exposing tattoos on his arms and hands, military fatigue-style cargo shorts, and white flip-flops. The sides of his head are clean-shaven while he sports a white Freedom City Comets baseball cap. He shakes his head slowly while gazing at the suited man roughly 100' feet away, almost as if he doesn't even notice the crowds. Then he raises a hand producing what looks like a thumb-drive held between his two fingers,

              "This --- isn't what I paid for, Ricky. Are you trying to cheat ME?"

              The suited man looks like he's about to bolt again ---

              The three security guards look like they're about to pounce on him ---

              The crowd seems stunned in anticipation ---
              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

              Comment


              • #8
                Ankara Trebizond

                Hero Points: 1
                Condition: Normal


                After teleporting in from her apartment and a while wandering about the independent stores of the Freedom Galleria, Ankara Trebizond is at the centre of a small crowd around the stand of Freedom City Rock FM, one of the larger independent radio stations in the city. Tall and slender she is easily visible over most of the crowd, especially given that she is currently wearing a purple and violet paisley tail coat over matching knee length skirt with a matching top hot sporting a tall peacock feather on her head. She wears knee length flat-heeled purple boots on her feet. Bars and rings of multi-coloured energy orbit her head excitedly. She has a large purple satchel-type handbag over her shoulder and a coffee cup in her hand.

                "Well Kathy!" she tells the radio host. "In two weeks I shall be auctioning off the opportunity to have your portrait painted - by me of course! - with the proceeds going to my favourite school arts charities! I do not do this often, so hopefully the lovely people of Freedom City can dig deeply and make a big contribution! And of course anything else your listeners can give will be more than welcome!"

                “Thank you Ankara! I’m sure we’ll all be looking forward to seeing how much money your auction raises!” Kathy McNally leads a small round of applause from the people watching.

                “Thank you Kathy! And now I must away! Pad Thai awaits!”

                She waves to the people who applauded her then tosses her now-empty coffee cup some thirty feet behind her to a perfect landing in the nearest waste bin. Then she heads off in the direction of Thai food…

                [OOC: As usual when out and about her senses are set to Extended Hearing - 1, Danger Sense (Hearing), Radius Vision, Direction Sense and Radio.]
                Last edited by Tony Jones; 06-18-2019, 11:17 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  "Yes... I will... bye." Hector Moreno hangs up the phone as a man wearing a tacky white suit runs by. He is screaming for everyone to get out of the way when he gets surrounded by security guards. I suppose that takes care of that, he thought. Then Hector noticed that he wasn't looking at the security guards, he was looking at the bathroom, and an angry patron.

                  I might need to get involved. Hector knew he wasn't dressed for the part. He had his weapon, his satchel, and his utility belt (not fanny pack as Megan called it). He always had these, but they weren't on him. He looked at the now gathering crowd and looked for a place he could get dressed without being noticed.

                  [OOC: Perception check 28 ]
                  Fox in the Hole: GM
                  A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ankara Trebizond

                    Hero Points: 1
                    Condition: Normal


                    As she hears the commotion in the Food Court, Ankara takes in the situation with a glance, then moves through the crowd politely but firmly until she is positioned roughly halfway between the suited man and the Dragon King, facing the latter, but keeping a close watch on both of them. She examines the thumb drive in Dragon King's hand, and the energy field around him, for anything distinctive about the drive and anything at all about the energy field. Her telescopic vision and accelerated visual perception allows her to examine them both as if from five feet away rather than fifty, and at ten times normal speed.

                    "Is there a problem, darling?" she asks politely, her voice raised to carry over the distance and noise of the crowd. Given his apparent superhuman powers she is poised ready to teleport to Dragon King and attack him if he tries anything immediately hostile. "Tell Auntie Ankara and perhaps we can sort it out." smiling persuasively at him.

                    [OOC: Her senses are set to Extended Hearing - 1, Extended Vision - 1, Rapid Vision - 1, Radius Vision, Radio.]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Breaker
                      Hero Points: 1
                      Condition: Concerned and Ready


                      Caleb had not yet reached the door when the unusual and disconcerting scene erupted in the middle of the food court. He raised an eyebrow at the first man's mad dash from the restrooms, but the second man's casual accusation told him there was something up. Clearly this second man had a pretty high opinion of himself, judging by his tone and his lack of concern that he was in the center of attention when most people would shy away from the spotlight. Especially when you considered that one superhero was very clearly present, in the form of the well-known energy dynamo, Neutron. "Now then... What's this about?" Caleb thought. He resolved to not get involved until something more his pay grade came up. If this was just some sort of exchange gone wrong, and security could handle it, no reason to make a fuss.

                      But then he noticed some faint hint of an energy field around around the man in the frankly garish clothes. "Well then. That's not something I'd expect to see. This just got a little more interesting. I think I'd best be ready to get in there. God willing I won't have to." Caleb was around 60 feet away from man in khaki, plenty far to not be suspicious, but well within striking distance. If something started to happen, he'd leap into action. As he tensed himself to strike, his muscles bulged and his skin drew taught around them, leaving each wiry muscle rendered in somewhat unattractive detail under his clothes. Outwardly though all he did was spread his feet slightly and bring his dominant right leg slightly back.

                      OOC: Caleb's array is set to Super Leaping and Climbing is readying to leap in and use Interpose if any sort of weapon or deadly attack is used by either of the two suspicious individuals.

                      Perception Check: 1d20+12 = 31
                      Last edited by AverageJoe; 06-18-2019, 05:14 PM. Reason: Added my perception check, which I forgot to make lol
                      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/2965-AverageJoe-s-Builds-(Concept-Bank)-3-Entries-Thus-Far"]My Builds[/URL]
                      [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4164-Superhuman-Defense-Organisation-America?p=161535&viewfull=1#post161535"]Savior[/URL], SDO: America
                      [QUOTE=Emiliano Zapata][B]"Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees."[/B][/QUOTE]
                      [QUOTE=Tim McGraw][B]"I'm in a better place... Where soldiers live in peace, and angels sing Amazing Grace..."[/B][/QUOTE]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Grasshopper
                        Condition: Patient, but Prepared

                        As the crowds all turned to face the fiasco, Feng stayed behind. Sensing danger, he quickly reached for a charm he wore around his wrist: a set of green Buddhist prayer beads. Stepping out of sight for a moment, he gave one of the beads a tap, and suddenly the whole charm started to unfold rapidly across his arm, microscopic particles of Celestial Iron quickly attaching and linking to themselves to form the intricacies of his armor. Soon the green and grey armor had formed across his entire body, culminating in a helmet with two antennae like prongs and large buglike eyes: the Grasshopper Armor of Yushan.

                        As the man with the thumb drive threatens the tan-suited man, Grasshopper leapt from the grown towards the wall behind him. He easily perches upon the wall, crawling across it as if it were a flat surface, his bug-eye visors whirring as they observe the bedlam in the food court.

                        OOC: If I understand how the Analytical Vision power works, Grasshopper should be able to see the force field.
                        But if not: Perception: 1d20+8 11
                        What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Zenith
                          Hero Points: 1 of 1 Luck Points: 5 of 5
                          Conditions: None.


                          Lincoln surveyed the crowd quickly, his sister seated across from him. He'd winced slightly at the appearance of the bald headed hero, Neutron, he believed, in full costume, apparently doing some promotional, or PR work at the new Galleria. Apparently to get a moments peace as he took a lunch, he had floated above the crowd, most likely some sort of gravitic flight, until he sat upon the rafters. Then he'd noticed the exotic looking woman enter the food court area earlier, apparently giving some sort of interview, he had no clue who she was, nor did she particularly register until she began speaking to the hostile man rather than looking for cover.

                          It was *then* that he saw Jinshu, whom he recognized from his time as a student-aide at Claremont, had fully suited up and looked ready to intervene. He nodded to the quickly escalating scene unfolding across the food court, and spoke softly to his sister. "Ahhh, Freedom City?" An awkward smile, "Looks like it's been called in," he recalled seeing the security guards speaking rapidly into their shoulder-clipped radios. "But, even still, we should probably get you clear of the area before this whole thing escalates, right?" He took his sister by her elbow, leading her towards a larger hallway, which he knew had an exit towards the south parking lot, "I'll give you a call once this clears up," another sigh, he really was looking forward to reconciling with his sister.

                          With that he turned towards the scene and watched carefully, placing himself in a blind spot to the obvious surveillance cameras, he could quickly assume his heroic form, should he be called upon to do so.

                          OOC: I'll take a 10 on Perception, since, at this point it seems like fairly Routine, giving me a 25 to identify the unknown man's unusual energy aura. I will also, set my Array to Strength & Impervious Toughness ready to intervene if the three obvious heroes, well, two and the glamour model, aren't able to contain the situation.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X