Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    The Occultist | Vincent Katz
    Status: Fine
    HP: 1
    -~-

    Vincent shrugs. "Less paperwork on his hands to deal with, perhaps. If it's clothes and money we need, then I'm the man for it. Hmm... Let's see... I'm going to need your sizes. We're not exactly going to get anything tailor made, but close enough should be good enough."

    With a mental nudge, the ghost of Anna is directed into finding a higher end clothing store, estimating the distance of his chain once she finds one.

    IE; I want to see how close I should be if I want to use a Dynamic Effect with the surveillance.
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
      The Occultist | Vincent Katz
      Status: Fine
      HP: 1
      -~-

      Vincent shrugs. "Less paperwork on his hands to deal with, perhaps. If it's clothes and money we need, then I'm the man for it. Hmm... Let's see... I'm going to need your sizes. We're not exactly going to get anything tailor made, but close enough should be good enough."

      With a mental nudge, the ghost of Anna is directed into finding a higher end clothing store, estimating the distance of his chain once she finds one.
      The outlet mall has several stores that range from lower income to middle income clothing stores. Of particular interest however is a small fashion boutique. Ace fashion sells luxury clothing items. They also appear to sell small clothing items, jewelry, and other elegant apparel. These items are locked up behind a thin piece of plexi-glass. The store itself is about two miles away.

      [OOC: From your current distance, and given your dynamic array, you can make a basic attempt to remove the clothing at a distance of one mile. You will have to make strength checks to resist wind, cars, etc... and stealth checks to prevent people from seeing you take the clothing. The closer you are, the fewer checks you have to make and the better your effective strength modifier. You will also be limited by 100 lbs at one mile.]

      [OOC: Previously, I forgot to mention to Breach that the casino first came under the attention of the Vice squad when rumors of underground fighting began to seep out. The rumors also include possible death-matches, though they remain unconfirmed.]
      Fox in the Hole: GM
      A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

      Comment


      • #63
        "Hey, here's something," Breach says. "There might be a death-match fight club in the casino. That might be a way in for anyone who can straight up fight. That's not my style though."

        Breach finally understands what Vincent is attempting. "Are you planning to have spirits just float off with stuff? Won't people notice the stuff floating away? Should we get closer to that mall first?"

        Comment


        • #64
          Scylla

          "T is m're excit'ment taking what thee wanteth. Alloweth us wend to this lodging and taketh ev'rything, the law enf'rc'rs art on our side! the nereid says, giggling. Although the fighting seemeth eke int'resting. I doth not bethink these m're m'rtals wouldst beest able to winneth a single armeth wrestleth with me
          [B][SIZE=3]心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ[/SIZE][/B]

          Comment


          • #65
            The Occultist | Vincent Katz
            Status: Fine
            HP: 1
            -~-

            He pushes his glasses up, as he recalls Anna back to his soul. "Usually I do my work at night, where the only thing to catch on are security cameras. A daytime robbery is... Hm. it would prove an interesting challenge. I would recommend we get closer though, so that I may deposit our stolen goods in a location we can quickly secure for ourselves. There's an outlet mall a fair walk away. If all else fails... Well, I'm sure one of you could provide sufficient distraction for me to take what we need. Hmm... Or i could pilfer pockets again and we purchase clothing directly. Whichever you prefer."
            I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

            Comment


            • #66
              Massari the Alien Hedonist
              HP: 1
              Status: Very Excited
              ~~~

              At the mention of a fight club, the Va'kar suddenly makes a high-pitched unearthly noise, her body language being one of obvious excitement. "I love fighting rings! They're so much fun!

              "This one time back home, I dismembered and disemboweled my good friend Lamasu, and he screamed most delightfully.~" She giggles. "I didn't become top fighter for being gentle, after all.~"
              Last edited by Sriseru; 05-25-2019, 09:02 AM.

              Comment


              • #67
                [OOC: Just making sure everyone is still here.]
                Fox in the Hole: GM
                A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

                Comment


                • #68
                  {Ooc: Weekend s have always been quiet, even when thr table was a more active sub.}
                  I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    [OOC: Yeah, weekends tend to have that effect. I wouldn't worry about it.]

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      [ooc: Huh?]

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        The Occultist | Vincent Katz
                        Status: Fine
                        HP: 1
                        -~-

                        "Pilfering pockets it is, then." Vincent says, when none of the girls offer an actual opinion on the matter. "That sounds like a much safer option then just stealing the clothes right out anyway. Less likely to cause a huge fuss if someone catches on as well. In fact, I'll go get a head start on it right now, see how much I can nab before we need to get moving. We'll be needing the money to get in, after all. Well..." He looks at the alien. "Most of us."
                        I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          [OOC: I am assuming that Poltergeist asked for a check on what was nearby]

                          You allow your mind to wander into your spirit thralls. It takes a moment to flit your way through the local populace. The time was moving on toward 10 AM now. The streets were filled with the standard local bustle. Most people have little to no actual cash on them of course.

                          The first thing you notice is that, in the shopping mall you were surveilling earlier, several people happen to have wallets with varying amounts of cash. Most people use credit and debit of course, but a few people carry a substantial amount of cash averaging $60 per person, with a few carrying as much as $500. These are spread out among pockets, purses, and the like.

                          The second option you notice is that a local payday loan center is currently having a money transfer. The armored car is out front and one of its two occupants is currently inside having the manager sign paperwork. The doors are closed and locked. There are several suitcases of money inside. Each case is made of metal. [Passive perception: The doors are made of thick metal. It would take a substantial feat of strength to tear the doors off. Not impossible, but difficult at a distance of one mile.] You are just within range of the vehicle for an attempt to take an item or two.

                          The third option you notice is that there appears to be a small drug den operating out of a local house. Unlike most of the other options, there are no safes, no security (of the legal variety), and no cameras. The money is in cash, mostly crinkled and stained. There are several people present, a drug dealer, two people trying to buy, and three gang members currently carrying weapons (an uzi, a desert eagle, and a shotgun). They have around 40k in bills you estimate. They are also the closest option as they are only 500 yards away. [OOC: your dynamic array would have an effective strength modifier of 3]
                          Fox in the Hole: GM
                          A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            The game is continued Here
                            Fox in the Hole: GM
                            A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X