Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    The Occultist | Vincent Katz
    Status: Fine
    HP: 1
    -~-

    Vincent feels no different to the alien now that the dampeners have been removed. As if the mortal flesh could ever sway him now when he had no desire to remain tethered to his own any longer. He would tolerate his existence for now, however, until he found a way to transcend into a ghost more perfectly.

    The chains around his soul loosened, and he could feel the spirits starting to manifest around him. The man rubs his sore wrists, not even turning around to meet them. "Ah, there you are. I could've used your help hours ago. Now I'm being force to cooperate in some investigation, the nerve of them."

    Among his gathered, two of them share a look of 'Is this guy serious?' before his influence unconsciously purges any rebellious thoughts from their minds. Whatever was left of them anyway.

    "Now then... Teleportation, such an art is lost to me. My spectral reach is around four miles, however. If it's within that zone I'll be able to send them there, though I loose finer control the further away they are." Gesturing to the controversially youngest and oldest among his spirits, he sends out to do some reconnaissance of the area they were currently in.

    OOC: Remote sensing 10 (4 miles)
    I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

    Comment


    • #47
      Massari the Alien Hedonist
      HP: 1
      Status: Thrilled
      ~~~

      Originally posted by Evolución View Post
      She lifted an eyebrow as the creature undressed. "I doth believeth humans pref'r to weareth clothing and oth'r garments upon themselves. We shouldst striveth to procureth some f'r ourselves if 't be true we art to ent'r this f'rtress and not calleth the attention of the guardians. " she seems thoughtful for a moment "Although, we art not what thee wouldst calleth n'rmal looking in this human w'rld, art we not"
      "I don't mind drawing attention to myself, provided it's the right kind.~"The alien says with a trill. "But yes, clothing, we need to find something or... someone that can make us some."

      Massari then watch as Vincent speaks to something she cannot see. "Ah. That must be the internet I've been hearing so much about."

      Comment


      • #48
        The Occultist | Vincent Katz
        Status: Fine
        HP: 1
        -~-

        "Ah. That must be the internet I've been hearing so much about."
        "I feel like my IQ dropped several points just hearing that." The man intones dryly. Was this really supposed to be an alien? Well, not everyone on Earth was a genius, so it stood to reason the same applied to space-borne entities as well.
        I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

        Comment


        • #49
          "I'm sure you would recognize the name and function of all things on their planet if you were there, without fail, ever, right, Mr. TV Personality?" Breach says.

          Comment


          • #50
            The Occultist | Vincent Katz
            Status: Fine
            HP: 1
            -~-

            "Without a doubt, if I was there at least." Vincent declares, though he neglects the part where he would be pressing their spirits for that very information.
            I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

            Comment


            • #51
              "Consistent, at least." Breach says as she continues to search the folder for info.

              Comment


              • #52
                Massari the Alien Hedonist
                HP: 1
                Status: Slightly Confused But Curious
                ~~~

                "Well, at least I'm eager to learn!" The 6 foot 9 inch alien exclaims defensively, before walking up to Vincent and leaning down so that her eyeless face is at his eye level. "So what is an 'IQ', feisty one?"

                Comment


                • #53
                  The Occultist | Vincent Katz
                  Status: Fine
                  HP: 1
                  -~-

                  Near him, Hangman's rope starts to slither as the alien approaches. A silent signal from Vincent stays the poltergeist from lashing out, as the spiritualist looks up at her eyeless face. "Intelligence Quotient, it's a gauge of your relative intelligence. using a serious of standardized tests."
                  I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    "Biased toward human, western culture," Breach says.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      The Occultist | Vincent Katz
                      Status: Fine
                      HP: 1
                      -~-

                      The man snorts. "Never said it was perfect. Nor was I actually being serious." Brushing past the alien, he moves over to Breach. "What useful information have you uncovered. "
                      I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        "Here's a satellite shot of the place," Breach says pointing at a map found in the first few pages of the dosier. "This is route 28 and this is the overpass. So I have a good idea where we need to go. I just have no idea where we are now. Maybe your spirits know? That would make them useful."

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Massari the Alien Hedonist
                          HP: 1
                          Status: Somewhat Amused
                          ~~~

                          "Tests?" The Va'kar considers what has been said and then grins. "That actually sounds kinda fun, honestly.~"

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by jmucchiello View Post
                            Breach goes for the folder. "Where the hell is this place and where are we?" After looking at the location (satellite photos?), she asks, "Can anyone here teleport us closer to the place, not within direct sight of the place, just close? I need to get a few items of equipment." She also looks around, and through stuff, to see if there is any of her knives or her jumpsuit hidden nearby.

                            Investigation (if needed): 1d20+8 23 (For the dosier)
                            Perception (if needed): 1d20+10 26 (For scanning the area)
                            The Dossier seems to have a satellite view of the property in question. There are also several street side pictures. The building appears to be an abandoned office complex. A more thorough reading shows that the previous owners were an investment firm. Moderately successful, until they lost 40% of the capitalization in an economic downturn. The property itself is about ten miles away on the other side of the valley. Given the apparent heat that was starting to impress itself upon you, it would be a grueling walk. There is no real information on who runs the casino, as expected. From what little you could gather, there are likely several people involved in the upper management of the enterprise. There is a known method into the casino. Anyone with connections can get an invite to the casino. Alternately, some people have gotten in by simply showing up with a large enough sum of money (typically in the hundreds of thousands). There are guards and a CC camera system.

                            [Investigation 20: You notice that, while most of the guards are simple machine gun wielding mooks, at least one of the guards has vials of a drug called super-meth. It can induce a temporary speed boost at the low cost of extreme withdrawal (one minute after application), heart attack and death.]

                            When you use your eyes to look around, it takes a moment for it all to come back to you. Whatever they did to disable your vision is taking a moment to clear. Once it does, you notice that beyond the walls of the warehouse are... more warehouses. Some are abandoned like yours, however several nearby have workers currently loading or unloading items from boxes. You do not see your gear nearby. There are a few blunt weapons (crowbars, pipes, etc...), but no knives.

                            Originally posted by Doctor Malsyn View Post
                            OOC: Remote sensing 10 (4 miles)
                            You notice the same warehouses that breach did. In addition, you see that there is a nearby shopping complex. It has multiple stores that sell clothes, costume jewelry, and other knick knacks. There are also a few weapon shops, two banks, a loan center and a disturbing amount of fast food in the four mile radius.

                            [OOC: If you want more information, you need to be more specific. Four miles is a lot of area.]

                            Fox in the Hole: GM
                            A Call to Adventure: Arcanum

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              The Occultist | Vincent Katz
                              Status: Fine
                              HP: 1
                              -~-

                              More specifically, he want's to try and determine their location so he can help get them where they need to go from here. For now, at least.
                              "I'm trying to get a good grasp of the area right now with Anna performing reminiscence. Do any of you need weapons, guns, things of that sort? There are some stores in the area that I could pilfer from afar. Would be almost trivial." Vincent says, as he listens to the whispers and watches the visions in his mind.
                              I'm obviously a doctor of literature.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                "We all need clothing appropriate to a casino," Breach says. "And we need money. It says here you can't get in without an invitation unless you show up at the door with lots of cash on hand. If the detective knew this, why didn't he supply us with cash? Now we have to steal it."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X