Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] FORCE Ops: Good Help Is Hard To Summon

Freedom City - January 9th, 2014:

It's been a trying week to say the least.

After learning that five years has past while all of you were off saving another world it has been a drawn out process of contacting family and close friends to let them know that you are in fact alive still. This is in addition to fending off the efforts of AEGIS to interview all of you about exactly what you experienced while on that other world, and they're starting to get insistent that you talk to them. So much so that they slowed the process of contacting Ethan Keller as much as they could and in the end it took Lady Liberty getting personally involved to get the last parts of the legalities worked out.

Though none of you really care that AEGIS is pissed at you as a whole given the group's dealings with them of late and what little you've learned about their treatment of Ethan while you've been gone.

Now Warshade and Vindicator are being led down a hallway towards a private room at Blackstone Prison by members of the Freedom League: Lady Liberty, Otakumon, Stars Fire, and Sea-King. Following behind you are several of the guards of Blackstone, a security requirement for all visitors no matter who they are. After walking for several minutes the group comes to a door that Lady Liberty opens up and gestures for the two of you to pass through while Otakumon gives Vindicator's hand, which he'd been holding the whole walk, a quick reassuring squeeze and Stars Fire steps to the other side of the door while the guards give some space since you're both visitors.

Inside the room is a plain and simple table with several chairs set around it - though one is alone on the far side while three others are set up on the opposite side. Sitting in the chair off to your right is a large black man with a bald head, wearing a well trimmed beard and what looks to be a custom made suit. He stands as you enter the room to properly greet you.

"Vindicator." He says in a deep voice and smiling. "Good to see you again." He then looks over to Liz. "And you must be Warshade. I'm Josiah Power. Mr. Keller's lawyer."

OOC:
    Last edited by Tattooedman; 5th February 2016, 09:43 AM.

Re: FORCE Ops: Emerald City Blues

Warshade
    HP: 2

Liz was quiet in the middle of the procession through Blackgate. A week of frustration had left her with little patience. She wasn't happy to enter the room to find a lawyer instead of Ethan. She nodded in response to Power's question. "Yes. Thank you for helping to arrange this meeting. Now, where's Ethan?"

Comment

Warshade & Vindicator:

"On his way now that the two of you are here." Power answers in a non-bothered tone. "Security protocol and all that given he's being held in solitary."

Comment

Vindicator

Eva was also quiet, mostly contemplating their situation and happily holding Thomas's hand the whole way there, heck she needed the encouragement quite frankly this wasn't like any situation she was used to dealing with.

Unlike Liz though she was rather happy to see Josiah there. the man had proven invaluable to her in the past both on the corporate end--lord knows how many millions hed saved her in law suits, or patent claims--and on the personal end in helping her reclaim her identity after she had returned from the dead, and as a friend. In the middle of the brief hearing to prove her identity which had been challenged by her former think tanks current CEO, hed asked her several questions only someone with her intellect could answer. Her dizzying reply had left the room silent and Josiah practically in tears form laughing.

"Vindicator." He says in a deep voice and smiling. "Good to see you again." He then looks over to Liz. "And you must be Warshade. I'm Josiah Power. Mr. Keller's lawyer."
        "Josiah!" She gave the bear of a man a hug "I wish I had known Ethan had hired you, I intended to contact you sooner then this."

On his way now that the two of you are here." Power answers in a non-bothered tone. "Security protocol and all that given he's being held in solitary."
        "They're not using the Mark twos on him are they?" she asked aghast at the possibility. Shed had design input on the Prisons security upgrades after the Terminus invasion several years back. the thought that her tech would be used to hurt a friend twisted in her gut.
        Last edited by catsi563; 5th October 2015, 05:07 PM.
        Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Warshade & Vindicator:

Originally posted by catsi563 View Post
          "Josiah!" She gave the bear of a man a hug "I wish I had known Ethan had hired you, I intended to contact you sooner then this."
          Josiah returns the hug. "Who do you think first recommended you to him in the first place? Besides you've been busy lately."

"They're not using the Mark twos on him are they?"
          she asked aghast at the possibility. Shed had design input on the Prisons security upgrades after the Terminus invasion several years back. the thought that her tech would be used to hurt a friend twisted in her gut.
          The large man shakes his head from side to side. "No, but more than likely it's because he does not possess outright superhuman abilities. The segregation is supposed to be for his own protection given it's public knowledge he was the backer of FORCE Ops."

Comment

Warshade

Liz cocked her head. "Not as busy as you think. We only worked about a week in the last five years. So we've got a lot of catching up to do. Let's get to it."

Comment

Warshade & Vindicator:

Josiah nods his head at Warshade's response. "Understandable. Unfortunately I have no control over the speed at which the guards move a prisoner." Ironically as the large man finishes the sentence the door opens and a guard enters the room followed by Ethan, who is shackled with high tech restraints that keep his hands encased, and followed by two more guards. Without a word said the armored men lead him to the other side of the table and the lone seat, which Ethan silently takes before one of the guards produces a high tech key and removes the restraints while the lead guard looks over to the three of you. "Per the rules of lawyer-client meetings, Mr. Keller is not allowed to have possession of anything he could use as a weapon."

Josiah again nods his head. "As his skill-set allows him to turn virtually anything he could hold into a weapon. Yes, we understand. Thank you guard." It's obvious to the two of you that this has been a happening any time Josiah has visited Ethan.

With their job done, the three guards file out the door and it is shut behind them. Josiah motions for the two of you to take a seat at the table. Ethan eyes you both for a moment before smirking slightly. "Alright Eva, I'm sure Susan has given you some type of instruction for this situation."

Comment

Vindicator

With their job done, the three guards file out the door and it is shut behind them. Josiah motions for the two of you to take a seat at the table. Ethan eyes you both for a moment before smirking slightly. "Alright Eva, I'm sure Susan has given you some type of instruction for this situation."
                Eva merely reached down to her wrist where a black decorative wristband resided. She touched the golden V on the band causing it to glow slightly. Then accessed the holo keyboard on her wrist which was invisible and by memory typed in a command, with that command she activated the modification to her suits sensor system that she and Liz had been working on over the last day or so. Thomas bless his heart had to bring her dinner and lunch because shed buried her nose in the project refusing to eat until he'd dragged her out of the lab and on that bowling date theyd planned.

"Were alone now, the cameras will only see a loop of prerecorded footage, and microphones will be recording the last 12 episodes of Harvey birdman attorney at law, and any telepaths will only get images of dolphins swimming in circles."

As she finished propriety be damned she walked over and gave Ethan a hug. "Ethan I am so sorry for this."

Sighing she took a seat next to Liz.
                Last edited by catsi563; 8th October 2015, 12:18 PM.
                Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

Comment

Warshade & Vindicator:

As Vindicator explains her devices effects, Ethan's smirk grows almost into a smile to go along with a thoughtful nod. Then when she came around the table to hug him, Ethan remained seated but accepted the gesture without complaint.

"You have nothing to apologize for Eva."

After the two of you take your seats, Josiah is the first to speak. "The official reason the two of you have been allowed to see Ethan is because I presented the idea that perhaps the two of you might be able to convince him to comply with the judge's order to answer the prosecutor's questions." To which Ethan only makes a "hrumph" noise that brings a smile to Josiah's face. "Obviously he hasn't grasped the extent of Ethan's stubbornness." As he talks the large man opens his briefcase, producing an ipod and headset, pugging the earbuds into the device. "Now to give you the privacy you deserve I will entertain myself with some music while I go over some reports of my business." With that said Josiah stands up, pulls his chair towards the corner on his right, sits down with his briefcase in his lap, puts the earbuds on just before turning on the music device and begins quietly reading a set of papers he pulls out of his briefcase as the sound of Mozart quietly drifts from his location.

Comment

Warshade

Liz couldn't help but smile when she saw Ethan. But she was never familiar enough with him to give him a hug. "Ethan, it's good to see you. I'm sorry but I'm sure our time is limited and we have a lot of questions. I'll answer some of yours first. Everyone came back OK but Susan and Danny left us almost immediately and I don't think they're coming back. It's just us two, Mags and Vanguard now."

Liz looked down at the table. It was all she could do to not ask about Jason right away. "We're here to get your side of the story and find out how you want us to proceed with getting you out of here."

Comment

Warshade & Vindicator:

Liz couldn't help but smile when she saw Ethan. But she was never familiar enough with him to give him a hug. "Ethan, it's good to see you. I'm sorry but I'm sure our time is limited and we have a lot of questions. I'll answer some of yours first. Everyone came back OK but Susan and Danny left us almost immediately and I don't think they're coming back. It's just us two, Mags and Vanguard now."

Ethan says nothing as you give him the quick rundown, simply nodding his head as he takes in the information.

Liz looked down at the table. It was all she could do to not ask about Jason right away. "We're here to get your side of the story and find out how you want us to proceed with getting you out of here."

Ethan lets out a very tired sounding sigh. "The short version is that AEGIS wants Rex's remains. They say that they want to study the way Dr. Shock "built" him, genetic manipulation and all that, so that they can help his other victim's, most of whom are villains that are suffering from mental issues over the transformations he's inflicted upon them, in the hopes that they can be rehabilitated." He pauses for a moment, giving the two of you a moment to process that. "I don't believe that to be the truth due to some rumors I'd heard from some reliable sources. Unfortunately those sources are the kind that I can't present in court for various reasons and my arrest and incarceration prevents me from locating more reliable proof."

"When I first started this version of FORCE Ops I took steps that ensure the team would be able to continue should I be unable to." Ethan points towards Josiah. "He has everything you need to do that, which is how I'd like the team to proceed and leave my problems to me to deal with." He looks both of you in the eye. "No offense but none of you aside from Susan, and that's nothing against the rest of you, really understand how black operations work. Layers upon layers of secrets and lies supported by men and women who are willing to use lethal force to protect them as well as other means that aren't as direct but just as dangerous."

"I have a friend or two working on that side of things but it is slow progress, especially given my current living situation, but progress is happening. I just have to ride this out for now and trust in them, like I trust in each of you."

Comment

Vindicator

"Why didn't you let me know before all this? I could've done a number of things to keep them off your back even made sure the research they wanted stayed focused on helping people, and insured they wouldn't need Rex at all."

her voice held a slightly miffed tone, she never had been able to grasp the ridiculous--to her -- nature of secret organizations and such. Too paranoid for her taste which was why she never let herself be sucked into military research, DARPA or Aegis Science divisions.

"I would've helped..." she added helplessly "Maybe I can make a deal with them, provide them with the information relative to their needs and keep Rex out of it."

Comment

Warshade & Vindicator:

"Why didn't you let me know before all this? I could've done a number of things to keep them off your back even made sure the research they wanted stayed focused on helping people, and insured they wouldn't need Rex at all." Eva's voice held a slightly miffed tone, as she never had been able to grasp the ridiculous--to her -- nature of secret organizations and such. Too paranoid for her taste, which was why she never let herself be sucked into military research, DARPA or Aegis Science divisions.

"Because everyone was still reeling from Rex's death; AEGIS started in only a few days after he'd died."

"I would've helped..." she added helplessly "Maybe I can make a deal with them, provide them with the information relative to their needs and keep Rex out of it."

Ethan shakes his head. "I already tried that route, I even offered to hire Doc Steel or work with the Albright Institute. They specifically want Rex's remains."

"The problem is that they're not ever going to get them." He says as he sits back in his seat, crossing his arms across his chest. "I had him cremated and scattered his ashes."

Comment

Warshade

Liz sighed. Hearing the finality of K-9s fate made his death sting all over again. "Why not tell the judge that? You can't turn over what no longer exists."

Comment

Warshade & Vindicator:

At this point Ethan sighs. "The only problem is that wouldn't change the charges brought against me Liz: interfering with a federal investigation. Only now instead of trying to hide evidence I've destroyed it, which I've been told is a worse circumstance. I'm better off continuing the way I've been going to give the people helping me the time they need."

Comment

Working...
                              X