• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: FORCE Ops: Emerald City Blues

Darklight

Copycat
    Part 2

Ryan is staking out the Asian wing in the Emerald City Historical Museum. With Mars help - since he could never get them himself - Ryan reviewed the police reports of the past three crimes that matched his MO. This was the next likely target given the escalation of things. The cops had wrongly staked out the Museum of Natural History and the very expensive gem collection there. They totally didn't get him.

He waited for what seemed like an eternity, then he saw it. The air vent near the IR security camera popped open and a small box of double pane glass was secured over the camera. Then a few minutes later, the vent over the the jade exhibit pops open and a rope drops down. Seconds later a figure in black descends the rope. Ryan is rises up from the shadow next to the case.

"Sorry, but the museum is open from 10am to 6pm. You'll have to come back tomorrow."

"I was wondering when you would finally catch on." Ryan is surprised by the female voice, and even more surprised as the figure drops down and in a flash the black outfit is gone and in their place is a gorgeous blonde in a white body suit, with giant cat on the chest, cat ears, and cheetah patterned gloves and boots. Before he can react, she has grabbed the Jade Dragon and is already climbing back up the rope.

Ryan isn't sure, but he thinks she may have kissed him as well.

"Not getting away that easy..." Ryan sinks back into the shadow and comes up just inside the air vent. He tires to smugly grab her, only for her to do some cool acrobatic thing that sends him falling down towards one of the exhibits. Before he crashes into the exhibit and setting off the alarm, he switches to his shadow form.

Floating back up to the air vent, but she is already gone. All thats left is a picture of the thief with "See you soon, Ryan. FPC" handwritten on it. There was also a lipstick kiss on it.

"Well this just got more complicated." Ryan takes the picture and flows out of the museum through the vents in his shadow form.
    Last edited by kenseido; 16th December 2015, 09:32 PM.
    [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

Mr. Magnificent

Ray Stevens Would Be Proud...

Theo dodged out of the way as a spotlight hurtled across the room at him. He was a bit pissed off, because the day had started so very, very nicely. One Chalcedony Johnson had indeed found him, as she promised and had agreed to go with him to a photo shoot. It was an add campaign in some French fashion rag for cologne or eau de parfum or something. They needed a hot looking super-hero who wasn't afraid of the clothing requirements, or lack thereof, for a fashion shoot. Who better than Theo? People could say what they might, but Theo was a handsome mo'fo'...like a young Idris Elba...only with slabs of muscle on top of slabs of muscle all wrapped in a yummy chocolate wrapper. Modesty about his looks or body wasn't something Theo really bothered with. It would come off as fake...kinda like if Eva pretended she wasn't smart. He'd met his co-stars, a fine looking couple of fillies and had just gotten oiled up for the shoot when the wall exploded inward.

Four villains confronted him. One fire, one water, one air and one stone. All he could think was; Oh goodie, it's theme day.

"Mr. Magnificent...prepare to die at the the hands of the HellementalS!" Air guy had yelled before they attacked.

Since then he'd been trading shots with the quartet, trying to learn their names...and he had...thanks to some good old fashioned super-villain pride. It wasn't enough they were going to do him dirty, he had to know who was going to kill him. Oxidane was the water guy. Wraithfire was the fire girl. Crestone was the stone guy and the air guy said his name was Hurricane. Chalcedony kept calling him Dave though and the only Dave that Theo could recall was named Whirlwind. Maybe a name change had been part of the deal.

"Yowch!" Theo recoiled as a burst of fire enveloped him, igniting the oil he was rubbed down with. "Aw crap!"

"Get your head in the game baby!" The Deputy Director of UNISON shouted as she back flipped over a clumsy shot from the stone guy and ripped off a shot from the blaster in her hand.

Where the heck was she keeping that? He thought idly, just before he reached out and snagged fire girl by the ankle.

"Come here hot stuff, the manliest of all manly super-heroes wants to have some words!"

"Let go!" She screamed, her flame aura blazing brightly.

So Theo let her go, right into Oxidane. In a burst of steam, they were both down. And nobody will believe that just happened. He thought dejectedly, right before the stone guy buried a fist in his perfect abs.

"Whoof!!"

"Did I or did I not tell you to get your head in the game! These are four dangerous criminals who are ALL supposed to be in AEGIS custody!"

"Not me, witch!" Hurricane-Whirlwind-Dave said, whipping more photo equipment across the room at the heroes.

Theo punched the stone guy in the manly bits, sending him pirouetting away, like a toddler doing the pee-pee dance. By chance, he glance back at Oxidane and Wraithfire only to see bubbling puddles where the villains had hit the ground.

"Ummm...Ms. Deputy Director of UNISON...are they supposed to do that?"

Chalcedony froze and stared. "What the hell?!?"

"Dammit! Too soon!" Davewindcane growled.

That's when Theo noticed the stone guy melting too. Theo wasn't Eva or Liz, but some things were obvious...even to him. "Well, that can't be right."

And in a heartbeat, only the single non-Stormer villain was left.

"Surrender!" Theo grinned.

"Oh, eat me!" The cyclonic criminal cursed and sent a burst of wind whipping through the room. Theo was picked up and hurled through the wall of the studio, twenty stories above the sidewalk. For a moment, Theo smirked...then he remembered he couldn't fly any longer.

"Aw crap!" Was all he got out before plummeting to the street. While he fell, he saw the tornado powered tool fly away...then he hit a parked car. The impact was awesome.

Moments later, he stood up to see a crowd of people, smart phones out snapping pictures. He grinned and struck a few poses. "That's right Emerald City, your newest champion, Mr. Magnificent just defended the innocent from the depredations of four super-villains at once."

That was when he heard someone in the crowd say; "Is this some sort of Rule 34 super-hero cosplay?"

Rule 34 what? Then Theo looked down to see the towel that had been his "costume" for the shoot had run afoul of that blast of flame.

"Aw crap!"

And the cameras kept clicking away.

Comment

Vortex

Matt sat in the chair, awkwardly as Liz stared back at him. Well - this was looking like his first chew-out. Which was unfair, it was totally not his fault! Matt McDonald was a lucky lucky person, except for those rare days when apparently the universe had to balance it out by being rotten.

"So..." Liz began, looking calm, but to Matt's worried mind, ominous.

"It looks bad, but I can explain-" Matt interjected, trying to reassure Warshade.

*ahem* Liz cleared her throat and Matt shut up immediately.

"Just start from the beginning." She told him.

"Right." Matt took a breath and began. "So I responded to the alert as asked..."

"So I wouldn't know good art if it hit me, huh?" Anvil grabbed another portrait and threw it at scattering patrons of the Emerald City Art Museum. "Well, let's see how that works for you namby-pambys!"
        "Wait." Liz repeated, trying to make sense of this. "Anvil attacked the Museum because he thought one of the staff was mocking him?"

"Hair trigger temper much?" Matt rhetorically answered.

Vortex moved through another brief portal to behind Anvil, sending another warp of electricity into the metal man, shaking his head sadly. "Geeze, Tin Man. You need a heart, brain, and a growth spurt." The brawler whirled and kept after him, fists swinging wildly.
        "I zapped and taunted him a bit to get him out of the place and away from bystanders... then..."

Vortex felt pleased with himself. By staying just out of arm's reach and keeping Anvil's attention, the super-thug was clear away from anyone, and the hero could put him through a sea-portal wringing until Anvil cried.... WHERE DID HE GO?

Startled at how Anvil had just disappeared, Vortex started looking frantically around from his position on the vortex platform when the sounds of a motorcycle thrumming were heard.

"Metal Motorcycle Smash, Baby, OH YEAH!"
        "He drove his motorcycle onto a truck, into the air and into you?!"

Matt hung his head and hoped the reaming wouldn't create several new holes in his body. "I... I couldn't believe it was happening, and when I tried to portal out of the way at the last minute..."

Pain. Lots of pain. Vortex and Anvil were each lying several feet apparent. And just as Vortex tried to relearn how to stand, a distinctly female voice, angry, began yelled. "Why, you goddamn pigs!"
        "Apparently, the head of security for Joy's hates men. And is also a super-strong tough person. And went after me as much as him."

Joy's had not been open, and there had been at worst, minor property damage, but Mars already had that covered. But he knew Liz was gonna give it to him... her verbal beatings, Matt was sure, were far worse than what Anvil and Grace had done to him.

OOC
        Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
        Crinoverse - Avengers
        Crinoverse - Young Avengers
        Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
        Crinoverse - Time After Time
        Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
        Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
        Extreme Unction

Comment

Vindicator

In the dark of the night the laughter of a mad genius cackled out of a lab where two women worked diligently in the labor of science. Eva was focused and prepared as she ever was in her endeavors. this was one of the most important tasks she had ever taken on. the research was endless, countless books read, many experts consulted, even time spent watching television for the experts who had shows dedicated to the subject of her work.

Her colleague standing off to the side watched with a mingled bit of awe, and a hint of trepidation--or was that mild snarky amusment? It was hard to tell with her--as Eva carefully applied the appropriate materials to the mix in front of her.

"Good , good now add the next part. Careful! not too much, good that's better." her colleague encouraged her the small fuzzy ears on top of her head twitching excitedly as Eva complied mixing in the next part of the formula.

"Thanks for coming up from Bay City Ging, I really appreciate your taking the time."

"Not a worry, I know this is important, and I'm glad you were closer then Freedom City." Came the Red heads reply with that mischievous grin she favored.

The two worked some more applying this and that ingredient before finally putting everything into the heating element to process for at least thirty long minutes.

As they waited the two talked about many things. They talked about their recent moves to their respective new homes. the reasons behind those moves, and their new teams. They spoke of old wounds and were glad to know they were healing. the spoke of new problems and each offered the other any help they could provide knowing such an offer was redundant but they did it anyways. Time flew by as they spoke more.

"You are sooo lucky Otakuman of all people. I cannot believe you landed Otakuman. The guy was Number four on the list of hottest eligible superheroes in SuperVisions poll even three years after you guys disappeared. And you of all people land him." Ginger laughed uproariously as Eva huffed indignantly.

"I'll have you know I happen to be perfectly able to woo a man, I'm a genius and its not that difficult." she harrumphed vcausing Panda to laugh even harder and Evas cheeks to flush red until she finally had enough and roared "Stop Ging its not funny!"

Panda stopped laughing and seemed to regain her composure though the constant twitching of her lips and occasional chortles escaping her chest cause Eva to throw her hands in the air.

"I'm sorry--giggle snort-- You're right this is not funny... Its freaking hilarious!!" and again panda burst out laughing as Eva sighed a weary why me sigh.

The pair were interrupted in their merriment as the clock chimed that the heating element had completed its task, and using a pair of protective gloves Eva reached in to it getting a blast of heat in the face for her troubles.

"Careful, careful." Ginger urged her, the red heads fuzzy ears twitching excitedly as Eva pulled the end results out of the oven and placed the pan on a cooling rack.

Leaning over ginger sniffed wrinkled her nose slightly looked at the pan suspiciously and shrugged. "Well it looks ok, smells nice, guess well wait a moment and go for the big test."

"How it tastes." Eva said hopefully. "the cooking lessons really mean a lot to me ging, I wanted to treat Thomas to a home made meal but I've had some problems. I mean me of all people having issues cooking. I mix hazardous chemicals for a living, I build miniaturized arc reactors in my sleep, I can figure out the inner workings of Thrann Biotech, and I break alien computer code as a thought exercise, and yet I seem to burn cereal every time I try." she lamented

"Last time I tried to cook dinner for Thomas before I moved out here, he had to get the fire extinguisher and then cook dinner for us instead." she sighed.

"Don't worry about it anything for you, you know that." Panda blew off her concerns. Moving over she judged the end result was cool enough to taste and using a knife cut a portion of what was supposed to be a baked pasta and meat dish carefully cooked and prepared.

sniffing it again Ginger used a fork taking a portion and putting it in her mouth. She chewed for a moment testing the flavors, letting them roll around her tongue then promptly turned and spat it into a garbage bin.

Eva looked on in horror as she did almost swearing she saw Panda who was now chugging a glass of water down as if trying to wash out the taste turn three different shades of green.

"It wasn't that bad was it??" she saw Pandas return look and her heart dropped into her feet. She reached out took a fork and took a bite of her own.

And promptly nearly threw up, spitting it into the trash as fast as she could. How in the hell did that end up tasting like that?

"Ging what am I going to do?" she moaned as she deposited the rest of the pans contents into the garbage disposal where hopefully it wouldn't mutate the local sewer life.

"My suggestion.." Ginger croaked as she was still clearing the taste out "Order pizza."

Evas head hit the counter with a thud as Panda patted her on the back consolingly.

Well she supposed she could always take him to Tokyo for food at that new restaurant that was an Anime lovers dream. hed like that.
          Last edited by catsi563; 24th December 2015, 07:40 PM.
          Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Jonathan Spectre
            Jon Locke

Jonathan entered the Victory Squadron Committee office in a good mood. Friday's show will be the last for a while, at least til the fundraiser..., he thought, closing his calendar and stowing his smartphone, and I will then be officially making my living as a superhero. He originally sought out the committee just to learn more about his alter ego's namesake, Tom “Dr. Spectre” Kovacs, but in short order, he became genuinely interested in it's work. Taking a deep breath, he sat down to begin a round of cold calls for donations. I am not a telemarketer, he said to himself, I am doing this for a good cause. This was the one part of volunteering Jon hated, even though, with his natural people skills, very, very few people were put out about the calls. As he picked up the phone, Ed Cheatham, the committee chair, excitedly exited his office with another man carrying a portfolio. “Jon! Excellent! Come here, I need to introduce you.”

Oh Thank God, Jon thought, setting the handset back down.

“This is Jon Locke, one of our best volunteers and a local celebrity.”, Cheatham offered, clasping his shoulder. Gamely, Jon offered his hand. “Pleased to met you. And you are?”

“Thomas Kirby. Pleased to meet you.”, Thomas answered, as they shook hands.

“Thomas is an artist from Freedom. He's won the commission to design the Squadron monument.”, Cheatham said, completing the introductions. “Jon here is our Master Archivist, in all but name. We'll be fixing that at the next board meeting.”, he added, turning to Jon. “Thomas is going to be needing reference materials for each of the Squad members, especially Dr. Kovacs. I knew you'd be the man to help him.” After a few more moments of small talk, Cheatham left the two men to begin their work.

“So, you're a 'local celebrity?'”, Thomas asked as they entered the 'archive', really just a converted conference room.

“Heh. I'm a magician. Sleight of hand, stage hypnosis, illusions, that sort of thing.”

“Oh, cool. Like Chriss Angel?” Thomas asked, then added, “Oh, sorry. Touch a nerve?”, when he saw Jon bristle slightly.

“No, no, it's okay.” Jon replies. “It's a fair comparison. We've met a time or two, and I'd rather leave him than take him. So, what did you need from me?”

“Well, I'd like to get whatever photos or artwork of the members you might have, especially Dr. Kovacs. I can find a little bit about each of them online, except for him.”

“Ah, well, you wouldn't.” Jon pulled a box he knew well from the shelf and set it on the table in the middle of the room. Opening it, he lays two photo albums, one obviously older than the other, in front of Thomas. “It appears that, as Dr. Spectre, he couldn't be photographed, not properly.” Opening the newer album, he points to the first few pages, filled with newspaper clippings, declaring 'Weird Figure Patrols Overlook Park.' and 'Spectral Guardian Stops Bethlehem Slasher!' “Cameras would turn at the last moment or go out of focus, or the film got over-exposed somehow.” With a wry smile, he takes a seat across from Thomas. “Ultimately, the papers were forced to use 'artist's sketches'. Some of those were used for the Squadron's Buy Bonds posters.” After a few pages, the blurred photos are replaced with artwork of a improbably board shouldered figure in a gray pinstripe suit and domino mask, green cloak sweeping wide. In some, his eyes glow, in others, it's his hands.

Turning a few pages, Thomas asks, “So, no photos at all?”

“Of Dr. Spectre, no, but we do have this...” Jon opens the older album and begins turning pages. “This is Tom Kovacs' family album. Most of these pictures are from before the war.” The best picture showed a tall man, thin, seated beside a couch. He had intelligent, yet kind eyes, in his hands he held a pair of wire rimmed glasses. He looked as if he were listening intently to the photographer.

“Excellent, excellent.”, Thomas said softly, mostly to himself. “So, what was his story? What could he do, exactly?”

“Well, when Dr. Kovacs, a psychiatrist, first came to Emerald, he was a 'ghost-breaker', he debunked haunted house, psychics, and so forth. Early in 1941, he went to expose a medium at a remote mansion in Bethlehem Heights. One of the worst storms in Emerald City's history hit that night....”

“So you're saying, It Was a Dark And Stormy Night at the haunted house?”, Thomas asked with a half smile.

Jon matched it with one of his own. “I can only tell you what the papers said afterwards. The storm washed out all approaches to the mansion for two days. When the authorities finally got to the house, everyone was fine except Kovacs, who'd gone missing. All anyone would say about where he'd gone was that, at the height of the storm, 'He stepped outside.'”. He paused for effect and then added., “No one would, or could, say what happened that night. The medium confessed immediately to defrauding a dozen people up and down the coast, practically begged to make restitution. Kovacs turned up at home the next morning and whatever he told police, they appear to have simply accepted it. There's no record of whatever he told them.” Both men chuckled when they realized they'd been leaning forward, caught up in the story. “As for his powers, they varied a great deal. Mary Grindstaff, the sole surviving Squadron member, wrote a book, 'The Wages of Victory.' According to her, Kovacs became a medium that night, a real one, and he gained power by allowing a ghost or multiple ghosts, to possess him. How powerful he was depended on the spirits he allowed in. Most often he could fly, zap people with lightning, or Aether, or what have you. He could walk through walls and turn invisible, too.” The smile left Jon's face as he continued. “Over the course of the war, he was allowing so many spirits in that some of them never really left. When the war ended, his powers started to wane. The spirits wanted to rest, I suppose. Ultimately, all they left him with were their voices. His wife Agatha had him committed to an asylum in 1951 and divorced him a year later. He died in 1960.”

After a few moments silence, Thomas spoke.“Ed said you had a special interest in Kovacs and that's plain to see. So what drew you to Spectre's story?”

The truth is I'm a superhero but couldn't come up with an original name, so I decided to 'borrow' Kovacs', Jon thought ruefully, but I can't tell you that....But, I think I can say something Truth Adjacent.... “You probably don't know this, but there's a new hero in town calling himself Jonathan Spectre. Well, shortly after the Silver Storm, he saved my life. I guess that sparked my interest and when I found out about the Committee, I decided to volunteer. As I learned more about the Squadron and Spectre, I guess....He died broken and forgotten. I decided he deserved to be remembered.”

Thomas nodded slowly.“Right then. Failure is not an option. Cool.”

The next several hours are spent arranging for materials to be copied and digitized. The sun is beginning to set as they leave the office.
            “I can give you a ride to your hotel, if you like. Where are you staying?”, Jon offers.

“Actually, I'm staying with my girlfriend.”, Thomas answered with a smile. “She moved out here a month ago, for work.”, he added, clearly amused beyond his affection.

“Wow.”, Jon replied. “Freedom to Emerald, that's literally opposite sides of the country. That's got to be rough.”

“Well...let's just say, we know some people who know some people. We get a lot of miles. Like, a lot.” Just then, Thomas' phone rings, a snippet of a young woman singing something in Japanese. “Speak of the devil...”, he begins with a smile.

“....And up she jumps.”, Jon finishes for him. “I'll get everything to you in a couple days.”, he says with a wave goodbye.

“Talk to you then.” As he begins to walk, Thomas answers the phone. “Hello, my dearheart. I was just thinking of you.”

“Yeah, I just finished up. I'll be there in twenty minutes.”

“Sure, pizza's fine.”
            Last edited by Kaisius; 21st December 2015, 10:20 AM.
            "I'm not a big, fat panda....I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/64-Kaisius-Character-Builds?p=379#post379"]My Character Page[/URL]
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/124-FORCE-Ops?p=114154&viewfull=1#post114154"]Jonathan Spectre[/URL] in FORCE Ops
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/77-Heroes-Unlimited-The-Catsiverse-Rolecall?p=207029&viewfull=1#post207029"]Magus Errant[/URL] in Heroes Unlimited

Comment

Emerald City, Late January:

It's been a few weeks since several of you came to Emerald City to meet with Max Mars, your new teammates then ended up in a fight with a small group of super villains when they came to confront Mars about something (though several of you have suspicions as to what they wanted to talk to him about).

Despite that rocky start all of you agreed to Mars' offer of starting over in Emerald City and you've all been fairly busy with settling in, although there have already been a couple times the team has been active in the public eye as several Stormers, those altered by the Silver Storm, keep popping up. They fall into one of two groups: those who are finally fully manifesting their powers and not handling the transformative effects any better than those before them or they've decided to use their powers in a misguided effort to better their lives in some way (either attempting to avenge themselves upon someone they feel wronged them before they gained their powers or have decided to use their abilities in criminal endeavors).

Between those events and MarsTech's PR team, there isn't a man, woman, or child in Emerald City that doesn't know that FORCE Ops has set up in Emerald City.

Darklight & Warshade: The two of you are at Emerald City's main police precinct following a request from that organization. Upon arrival the two of you are directed to a Detective Morgan, a dark haired woman of average height, who stands up from her desk the moment you walk into the office and identifies herself. "Thanks for coming so fast. We've got an issue that I think we could use your help with." She gestures for the two of you to follow her and Det. Morgan leads you two down a couple halls to a room the that looks into another through a large one way mirror. In the other room sits a man with dirty blonde hair, wearing worn out clothing that looks like he's slept in them for a couple nights and a haggard look on his face. "Meet Tony Carmichael, grade a dirtbag and crook."

Mr. Magnificent, Rebound & Vortex: MarsTech PR has the three of you walking into a place called Hawkeye Comics, a local comic shop that is having something called "Free Comic Book Day". Apparently the owner is trying to drum up business by having some real life superheroes on hand. You're greeted by an older man with shaggy black hair and a full beard and mustache. "Hi, I'm Bill Weaver. Welcome to Hawkeye Comics, we're thrilled to have you here!"

Vanguard & Jonathan Spectre: You two responding to a summons to the Hildor Hotel, where you are taken to Room 331 where a Detective Doakes of ECPD is waiting. The room is a deluxe suite, set in a classic roman motif, and looks like a hurricane blew through it: furniture is turned on end, there are some scrapes on the walls and pillars, and the balcony window is smashed. “Sorry for the short notice,” the detective says with a curt nod. “We have an weird case here and my boss put a call in to you. Have you guys ever heard of the rapper named T-Rip?”

Vindicator: You're back in Freedom City, specifically at the Albright Institute. Checking in on some friends of yours who are being treated there - Iron Angel and Hardcore, most of the surviving members of the Sentinels. From the wheelchair he's sitting in Hardcore is leading you to the room where his mentalist teammate has been ever since falling into a coma. "It means a lot your coming by Eva, but I realize it's a bit of trip now that you're living in EC. You don't have to come across the country every week like you've been doing." He says giving you that roguish smile he's known for.

OOC:
              Last edited by Tattooedman; 21st December 2015, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Re: FORCE Ops: Interludes

Vanguard (Rex Mundi)

Vanguard whistled as he examined the room, "Don't suppose we'd be here if this was just a rockstar lifestyle thing. Guessing this Trip guy is missing right?"

He carefully navigated the room and whistled at the damage,
                "You know, I think this room costs five times more than the nicest room I ever got to stay in."

He blinks then tilts his head to the side and mostly to himself mutters,
                "Is that a thong?"

Comment

Mr. Magnificent
                  Theo A. Simons
                  HP 2

Theo grinned and extended his hand to the shop owner giving him a hearty (but not too hearty) a handshake.

"Glad to be here Bill. The magnificent one is always happy to do what he can to promote reading and creativity among our youth and comics are right in his wheelhouse...so to speak."

Comment

Rebound: Graham Clark
                    HP: 1 Condition: Earning a Living

"Hi, I'm Bill Weaver. Welcome to Hawkeye Comics, we're thrilled to have you here!"

"Nice to meet you Bill." Graham said with a smile on his face as he shook the older mans hand. "I'm Rebound. Nice place you've got here."

Graham took a step back and let the others make their introductions as he glanced around the shop. This was a bastion of geekdom and Force Ops needed their goodwill, or something like that, it was going to be a long day of shaking hands and taking pictures with people. Graham was wearing jeans and an official Force Ops t-shirt. He smiled when he saw a picture on the wall and patted Theo on the shoulder and pointed. "I used to have that one in my Dorm at the Albright Institute!" It was a poster of Sea-King II sitting shirtless on his throne giving you a smoldering look.
                    When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry. ~ Quellcrist Falconer

Comment

Mr. Magnificent
                      Theo A. Simons
                      HP 2

Theo looked at Sea King II's poster and chuckled. "I met him on Force Ops week long, five year mission to seek out new dimensions, whup on Takofanes and boldly go where a butt load of heroes had gone before. He and the magnificent one didn't really get much chance to socialize, but he struck me as kind of a badass. Mr. Magnificent approves of heroic badassery."

Comment

Rebound - Graham Clark

Originally posted by Horsenhero View Post
                        "...Mr. Magnificent approves of heroic badassery."
                        Rebound grinned a little. "Well Rebound approves of those abs." He laughed a little. "I've never met him but I know his younger sister. We were on Next-Gen together before she was called back to Atlantis to become Queen of all the oceans..." His head tilted to the side a little. "So she's doing alright for herself." Graham muttered as considered where he was at the moment.
                        When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry. ~ Quellcrist Falconer

Comment

Warshade
                          HP: 2 LP:1 (Determination)

"OK, so what's his story?" Liz pulled her goggles on and looked over the crook. "You don't call in FORCE Ops for your run of the mill punk."

Comment

Vortex
                            HP: 2 / LP: 5

"Cool." Vortex agreed, listening avidly to Mr. Magnificent's tale. He was wearing his costume as usual. "So is there anywhere you want us to be? Just hand out comics, shake hands, give autographs?"

OOC
                            Impeach the peach!

Completed Games:
                            Crinoverse - Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Young Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Bay City Sentinels
                            Crinoverse - Time After Time
                            Crinoverse - San Antonio Avengers
                            Crinoverse - Honnounji Academy
                            Extreme Unction

Comment

Jonathan Spectre
                              Jon Locke
                              Hp 2

Jon floated down the hall, following Vanguard into the (formerly) 5-star room. "[Detective.]", he says in greeting, as he takes in the scene. Whoa. Looks like somebody tried to juggle chainsaws in here, he thought to himself. But no blood.

“Sorry for the short notice,” the detective says with a curt nod. “We have an weird case here and my boss put a call in to you. Have you guys ever heard of the rapper named T-Rip?”
                              Originally posted by OoC
                              Perception Check of the room 1d20+12=27
                              Ex: Emerald City check for info on T-Rip 1d20+7=25
                              "I'm not a big, fat panda....I'm THE big, fat panda!" - Po, Kung Fu Panda
                              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/64-Kaisius-Character-Builds?p=379#post379"]My Character Page[/URL]
                              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/124-FORCE-Ops?p=114154&viewfull=1#post114154"]Jonathan Spectre[/URL] in FORCE Ops
                              [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/77-Heroes-Unlimited-The-Catsiverse-Rolecall?p=207029&viewfull=1#post207029"]Magus Errant[/URL] in Heroes Unlimited

Comment

Darklight

Ryan stays in his Darklight costume and stands quietly behind Warshade. One, she is in charge (sure why not. as good as anyone), and hoping to avoid Sparrow showing up and causing a fuss in front of said leader.
                                [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

Working...
                                X