Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] Albright Institute (on hold)

Sunstorm & Melissa:

All it took was for Dr. Reese to call Mr. Albright to learn what theater Keisha used to go to when she was younger as well as where it was located. That was all the two of you needed and a short flight later you're both in front of and it's clear that the place has definitely seen better days as it looks fairly run down and almost hardly used nowadays.

However with the doors being locked and the darkly tinted windows it's almost impossible to see inside.

Originally posted by OOC
    Alright, after dealing with a stupid cold over the weekend I finally got the IC going.
    Last edited by Tattooedman; 10-20-2014, 10:36 PM.

Re: Albright Institute

Keisha:

At your use of the name Nolan your captor pauses for a moment, silently nodding in his seat. "I wondered if you remembered me." He finally says in a quiet voice. "Or if Albright somehow removed your memories of me." He adds with a hint of anger. "I've thought of you many, many times in the past few years...but I want you to know I don't blame you for what happened to me...your sleep-porting...you couldn't help it...but your guardian is another story entirely."

By the time Nolan finishes speaking he's almost yelling, more like ranting than anything else.

Comment

Keisha HP 4, condition normal.
      At your use of the name Nolan your captor pauses for a moment, silently nodding in his seat. "I wondered if you remembered me." He finally says in a quiet voice.
      She laughed at the thought of anybody altering her mind. "Remember the last telepathic yahoo that tried to screw with my mind, before Taurus captured us? I traumatized him to the point he's still in therapy over it."
      "I've thought of you many, many times in the past few years...but I want you to know I don't blame you for what happened to me...your sleep-porting...you couldn't help it..."

"Still haven't gotten through that problem really, though I've managed to control my porting while awake." she grinned. "My unconscious mind still has a weird sense of humor when it's in the driver seat."

But your guardian is another story entirely!
      The girl winced as Nolan ranted. She could understand the hate behind the words, the rage at being apparently abandoned."They looked, you know." she said tiredly. "We all did. Taurus hid you too well." she scowled. "After a year though, most everyone thought you had been killed."

Most everyone.

"I kept an eye out. Started hacking to find you, came up on dead ends after dead-ends." she said quietly. "Every lead went nowhere."

"Can't keep out the dark, can't turn off the light eh?" she added, remembering their old tag-line after a successful prank. "Nolan, damn...." she shook her head, trying to keep unconsciousness at bay a while longer.

"I don't know what happened to you, but I know it sucked beyond words." she scowled. "I'd be angry too after all of that."
      Last edited by kirinke; 05-12-2014, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Epitaph
        HP: 1

Melissa stared futilely at the tinted window. Darkness she could see through fine but the darkened window might as well be a wall. She stepped back and closed her eyes, searching for any life force in the area. Regardless of what she found, they'd be going inside soon. "Do you want to break it or should I?"

Comment

Sunstorm
          HP 1

Sunstorm mimicked the motion of cracking his knuckles. "Please allow me. All I'm good for ninety percent of the time is wise-ass comments and blowing crap up. If I let you break the window, half of my utility would be completely shot to hell."

With that, the ignited the atmosphere around his fist and slammed it through the glass.

I believe a routine check should be enough to hit the window. The glass has to make a Toughness save vs. DC25 Damage.

Comment

Jamie Jamison

Jamie blushed a bit as he looked up the much larger, cute! Richard, "So what's our part of the game plan big guy? Lead on!"

Comment

Keisha:
              The girl winced as Nolan ranted. She could understand the hate behind the words, the rage at being apparently abandoned."They looked, you know." she said tiredly. "We all did. Taurus hid you too well." she scowled. "After a year though, most everyone thought you had been killed."

Most everyone.

"I kept an eye out. Started hacking to find you, came up on dead ends after dead-ends." she said quietly. "Every lead went nowhere."

"Can't keep out the dark, can't turn off the light eh?" she added, remembering their old tag-line after a successful prank. "Nolan, damn...." she shook her head, trying to keep unconsciousness at bay a while longer.

"I don't know what happened to you, but I know it sucked beyond words." she scowled. "I'd be angry too after all of that."
              "Taurus is like that...smoke and mirrors, half truths mixed with lies, rumors and myths....you think you're getting somewhere only to find out that you're facing a dead end."

"Taurus' people kept tabs on Albright's efforts," Nolan says the word with complete contempt "it took them one day to figure out we'd been separated and you were on your own. After that the lion's share of Albright's tracking efforts were spent locating you with only a fraction left searching for me, which clearly wasn't enough."

"So yes I am angry and I intend to take it out on Langston Albright."

"Unfortunately to hurt him in a way that's similar to the way he hurt me, I have to hurt you." As Nolan speaks he once again points a finger at you, unleashing another tendril of the shadowy energy that hits you and but this time instead of inflicting the draining sensation you're used to it instead causes you to feel as if you've been fighting Elite for days and it's all you can do to keep your eyes open but as the energy continues to wrap around you it quickly becomes a losing battle and you pass out.

Originally posted by OOC
              And that'll earn Keisha an HP for the no save Sleep effect.
              Last edited by Tattooedman; 05-14-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Sunstorm & Melissa:

Melissa stared futilely at the tinted window. She stepped back and closed her eyes, searching for any life force in the area. "Do you want to break it or should I?"

Sunstorm mimicked the motion of cracking his knuckles. "Please allow me. All I'm good for ninety percent of the time is wise-ass comments and blowing crap up. If I let you break the window, half of my utility would be completely shot to hell."

With that, he ignited the atmosphere around his fist and slammed it into the glass which easily gave way and the door length pane shatters inwardly under the force of sudden heat expansion. As the last of the broken bits of glass fall to the floor Melissa finishes searching the area for signs of life only to discover that she and Sunstorm are it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooedman View Post
                  Keisha:

"Taurus is like that...smoke and mirrors, half truths mixed with lies, rumors and myths....you think you're getting somewhere only to find out that you're facing a dead end."

"Taurus' people kept tabs on Albright's efforts," Nolan says the word with complete contempt "it took them one day to figure out we'd been separated and you were on your own. After that the lion's share of Albright's tracking efforts were spent locating you with only a fraction left searching for me, which clearly wasn't enough."

"So yes I am angry and I intend to take it out on Langston Albright."

"Unfortunately to hurt him in a way that's similar to the way he hurt me, I have to hurt you." As Nolan speaks he once again points a finger at you, unleashing another tendril of the shadowy energy that hits you and but this time instead of inflicting the draining sensation you're used to it instead causes you to feel as if you've been fighting Elite for days and it's all you can do to keep your eyes open but as the energy continues to wrap around you it quickly becomes a losing battle and you pass out.
                  KEISHA HP 5
                  The Dreams get weirder

The man sized bunny had a napoleon jacket and matching hat perched jauntily on his head. In one hand, he had a riding crop and he was flicking it into his free hand as he paced in front of the two smaller rodents in front of him.

“Aw-right men. Listen up. We got ourselves a flee-bitten intruder poking his snaggle-toothed snout into our territory. While we can't do much about Elmer Fudd out there trying to snack on our host, we can keep the Coyote away from the kid. So. Give him the works.”

“The works? Oh how exciting. We've never given anyone the works before.” one of the gophers said, dancing around excitedly.

“Indubitably, indubitably.” the other agreed. “We happily accept to your orders dear Bugs.”

“Shall we my dear Mac?”

"Indeed my dear Tosh.”

They happily scampered off, the blank landscape around them turning into a lush, cartoonish forest, complete with a clear, blue babbling brook.

“I love workin with kids and animals. They make things, fun.” the king coney noted as he munched on his ever-present carrot and held up a mirror, scowling as he saw Darkstar suck energy out of the red-headed kid in question.

“Now, how am I gonna help this kid get outta this mess without tipping the scales too badly?" He considered the problem and scowled.

"Let's see what we got in the old burrow eh?" he nodded as his ears began to spin and he angled himself downward, burrowing rapidly into the ground.

In the meantime, Mac and Tosh were giggling madly as they observed the Coyote, no the intruder, make his way cautiously through Keisha's mind-scape. The girl's defenses were deceptively brilliant and downright nasty when you came down to it. Already, he had to retreat twice, once because of some weird cheese man and spider, another because of a cute, brown mouse that had dropped an anvil on his head. An ANVIL! That wasn't nice at all.

Now this, an ordinary vegetable garden, with neat rows of plants, some heavy with tomatoes and peppers.

“Dear man, you really ought not come into places you aren't welcome, that isn't proper behavior.” Mac noted, leaning out of his burrow, nose twitching rapidly.

“Why, you didn't send your card in advance, we would have tea ready for you.” Tosh added, popping out of another burrow.

“My pardon, I am just traveling through. Have you seen a little girl?” Coyote asked politely.

“Red head, brown eyes, sarcastic?” Mac asked innocently.

“She went that way,” Tosh said, pointing in both directions.

“What do you want with her?” Mac asked.

“Oh nothing, just to chat,” Coyote said, lying through his teeth.

“Oooo, a conversationalist, it's been so long since we've had a good conversation with neighbors.” Mac said eagerly. “Tosh, the table and cards!”

They pulled him up to a table, man sized and spread out the rummy cards. “Wonderful weather we're having.” Tosh said, putting a visor on and shuffling the cards, then doling them out. Both gophers picked up their cards and rearranged them.

“Gin!” Mac said, placing his cards on the table.

“Good show Mac!”

“Enough!” Coyote swept the cards away. “I do not have time for this!”

“How rude!” they scampered off with the Coyote in hot pursuit.

“Tosh, I do believe our impatient friend needs a well deserved lesson.”

“ Indubitably, indubitably.”

“Shall I?” Tosh asked

“No, please, let me!” Mac pleaded.

“Let's do it together!”

“An admirable plan.” Mac said and came up with a slingshot and stuck it into the ground as the Coyote barreled towards them.

Tosh dumped a handful of radishes into the slingshot and they pulled the rubber band back as far as they could and let fly.

The Coyote yelped as the vegetable missiles struck, he covered his eyes, trying to bat them away and caught one in his hand. As he tried to throw it away, the vegetable seemed to stick and sprout in his hands, tendrils wrapping around him, pinning him to the soft loam of the garden. He screamed in terror as the gophers loaded a water melon into their slingshot and let fly.

In the burrow, safe from the Coyote, Keisha laughed a little at the gopher's antics and looked up at Bugs Bunny. “So what's the grand escape plan? Nolan's off his rocker. While I can appreciate his anger at us, me getting hurt because of it, isn't something I'm relishing here.”

“Don't blame ya kid. I can't do much for ya without tipping the balance or getting nailed for interference. Stuff like with the coyote is allowed, we can chalk it up to your sleep-porting or the chaotic nature of your powers.” the bunny chuckled. “Chumps.”

“So, you got a plan oh wise one?” Keisha asked and the bunny snorted, bopping her lightly with carrot.

“Hey, mind the cheek.” he admonished, though half-heartedly. “Now, we gotta be subtle about this, it's gonna cost you though and it won't be quick.”

He looked at her sympathetically. “He's probably gonna hurt you before you get out, but this is the best chance ya got.” he added gripping both her wrists in his paws. When he removed them, she saw a clear softly glowing cuff around them. The glow faded and she touched them. They were surprisingly rough around the edges, almost sharp.

Keisha nodded. “Kinda figured that.” she sighed. “It can't be helped. I don't blame him, not really. But he's gotta be stopped.”

“Just concentrate on escaping. Stopping him is for later.” the bunny advised. “Start moving your wrists a little, eventually, those boys will wear away your restraints. It'll take some time though.” he told her.

“I'll keep the Coyote out of your head as much as I can. That rat is due for a lesson anyway.”

ooc
                  Using the Hero point to power-stunt off of her healing to create object, permanent, thin hard light bracelets with a cutting file-like rasp on the outer-edge. No flash and no sparkle . How long it's gonna take for her to wear the restraints down is gonna depend on Tman and how the game advances.
                  Last edited by kirinke; 05-14-2014, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Epitaph

Melissa rolled her eyes. "Sounds like you've got both covered." Ignoring the shards of glass, she stepped through broken window. "Come on. There's nobody here but us."

It took only a moment for her eyes to adjust to the gloom inside. Uncharacteristically, Melissa thought out loud as she took a look around. "What is it about Keisha that makes her such a target? There are higher profile, richer and more powerful kids. Albright's an important figure but again, there are bigger, and easier, targets. Why go after someone that's bound to be so much trouble?"

Comment

Sunstorm
                      HP 1

The nuclear creature in the containment suit shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe the villains of Freedom City are burdened with some sort of unholy masochism. That's about the only reason I could figure for abducting anyone from the institute...except maybe you and Rich. You two can at least carry a conversation in polite company."

Gazing around, just in case there was something his infravision could pick up that Epitaph's senses couldn't Sunstorm shoved any nagging worries he had about Keisha's safety into a dark corner of his mind. It irritated him that he cared at all, beyond the basic premise that kidnapping was wrong...regardless of who the target was. His relationship with his fellow Albrighters was predicated on the belief he didn't like any of them all that much now that Black was gone and he was highly annoyed his own subconscious was challenging that foundation.

Comment

Epitaph

"But where would that get you? Rich and I have nothing. Kidnapping is normally used for leverage." Melissa sneezed as she stirred up some long undisturbed dust. "Maybe it's a competition to see who can hold her the longest without going insane."

Comment

Richard Dunn: Diamond
                          HP: 1 LP: 2 Condition: Normal

Richard sighed.

His plan had been to go along with everybody else to check out the theatre, mostly because he didn't really have much he could do at this end. Of course since Sean couldn't control his temper...

He took in a deep breath and sighed. Getting upset wasn't going to fix anything, and was just going to put everybody else around him in danger.

Besides, as annoyed as he was he knew he wasn't mad at Sean. He was mad at the situation.

"Just like I said, we need a description of the creatures. Maybe we can run it by the Atoms or the STAR squad," Richard said, "I think we're still in their good book."

"After that... I don't know, maybe we need to talk to Mister Albright and see if he knows anybody who's got a grudge against Keshia. Or him."

Comment

Sunstorm
                            HP 1

Sunstorm grunted with dissatisfaction at having found no clues in the theatre. "Did you detect anything? This place was a complete bust for me."

"Ah well, at least we can scratch it off the places where the girl wonder might be. You ready to return and tell the others the good news?"

Comment

Epitaph
                              Condition: Fatigued

Melissa scowled. "No, I'm not ready to give up yet. She's not here now but that doesn't mean she wasn't here last night." She pushed open a door and entered the theater itself. It was pitch black inside, but that was no hindrance to her. "There has to be something to find somewhere."

Extra effort to power stunt off Life Sense:
                              Postcognition(life signs only, acute, tracking)

Comment

Working...
                              X