Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths

Neotropolis!

The City of Science! The city of the Future Now! is a bustling city of roughly two million souls, many of whom are pushing for the constant future, living on a bleeding edge of technology. While not lawless, laws are lax, selectively (and rather free marked) in order to encourage the growth of Science! and well.. for the most part could be drowned in a pool. Culture is a clever blend of North American West Coast entrepreneurial passion, the cold search for Pure Science found in Europe and the technophillia of Asia. Our story starts here, as it echoes into the past with uncovered secrets and revelations.

Re: Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths

Hanoi Hilton

Mei Liu

Hanoi Hilton is one of the hottest clubs right now if you're jaded, filthy rich and Asian. The hottest clubcuties, the fastest rides and the most refined tastes in well, anything you want.. can be found here. At least for a few more weeks until there's an even newer club that offers all of those things.

Tonight though, you've got a gig here and now. You glance around at your bandmates, they nod back. Tonight the place will 'burn like a Tibetan monk' as your drummer likes to say. Idiot. Fun to be around but idiot.

Next part will be when you see someone in the crowd. Please don't go past there.
    Last edited by Spectrum; 04-02-2015, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Bin Zhiang

You've been a little adrift lately, nothing really taking your interest. Well, there is that case that Detective Everette is working on, that horrible situation with the nude college girl and the goo but you weren't invited into that particular investigation. Yet. Some fascinating material there for sure.

But!

Bringing yourself back to the hear and now, a new file has been tossed in front of you. One that might catch your interest. Medical research is one of the big industries in Neotropolis. Sometimes Big Pharma is involved. Other times its more... unrestricted. In a city of geniuses, it's a constant competition between law enforcement and people living on the rather literal bleeding edge. By the time that laws are passed restricting a particular drug, it's already passe and those in the know have moved on. Anyway, so many acts of brilliance have been inspired by these quote on quote smart drugs that the city is dragging its feet on the issue anyway.

This one is new and different. So far the hospitals have reported five patients requiring long term hospitalization and recovery- exhaustion, dehydration, malnutrition from something called ThirdEye. No actual samples of the drug have been found yet. You've been asked to help with the forensic side of the investigation. In particular, you'll be working with a Detective John Lee- someone you haven't met yet but has a reputation as a loose cannon.
      Last edited by Spectrum; 04-03-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

The Paragym

Shaun Lao Michaelson

Yeah, it sucks being blind. Most gyms are pretty bad about making the necessary accommodations. While you couldn't see them, you knew that there were eyes on you, whispers behind your back. Through a friend of a friend, you heard about one place though that actually caters to the *ahem* differently enabled. You see, it turns out that there are enough people hurt by Science! accidents, injured by out of control robots and just well.. the possibilities were pretty endless on the creative ways that people discovered that left permanent injury to themselves and fellow residents. The guy (Rick) that runs this place, on the other hand, has a Passion (you can hear it in his voice) on coming up with new ways for people to work out what's left of their bodies. Pretty nice people here for the most part, though you still had your gymrats that were going to be nasty no where they were.

You're about to leave for the day, heart pumping, arms and legs weary with exhaustion, a great workout when out of the corner of your ear, you hear a set of wheels, the scent of honest sweat and a soft cough, letting you know that someone is there and interested in talking with you.

Damn, the guy sounds like a boyscout too, "Good afternoon, sir. Sorry to be rude, just wanted to say, welcome to the Paragym. Happy to have a new person around here."

Comment

The Golden Phoenix, Friday night

Jessica Zhou

Ever since Doctor Primen's GoT, the Golden Phoenix has been absolutely packed on the weekends. The job stretches your abilities, consistently just beyond your limit, but never further than that. It took you awhile, but you think that Mia is going easy on you when it comes to seating. You've seen what happens if she decides to not be nice to someone- it isn't pretty. It doesn't stop her from calling you on any small error that you make though. Better her than Uncle Hong in any case- absolute bastard. In any case, it's enough to pay your bills and maybe a little more.

You've even been having a consistent special guest each and every weekend- Doctor Primen herself. As usual, she's brought a really handsome young man (Caucasian/Chinese?) with her and they absolutely dote on each other. All the eyes turn towards her small group at the third member of the party, a rather unusual looking Anime inspired robot? Is this the fabled CADIE from the presentation?

Comment

Shaun Lao Michaelson
            HP: 1 Condition: Blind

At the sound of the cough Shaun turns toward the stranger.

Wait a second, i heard wheels does that mean he is in a wheelchair and i am pretending to stare right over his head? Well that just seems rude of me

Then the stranger greets him and Shaun can locate where the voice is coming from and "look" in the right direction

"Good afternoon, sir. Sorry to be rude, just wanted to say, welcome to the Paragym. Happy to have a new person around here."

"Oh you are not rude at all, sir. Thank you very much i am happy to be here. Before my accident i liked to lift some weights and this is the only place i have been so far that thinks about adding blind writing to the weights. Which makes it a whole lot easier to find the right weights. The names is Shaun by the way and you are?"

Shaun reaches forth his hand to shake and smiles
            Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
            Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
            Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

Detective John Lee

Getting back from <redacted> taking care of <redacted> for <redacted> you stop back by the office. Even supercops have to take care of office work every once in a while. That is, if you consider talking to that pretty office clear to be office work. More seriously, there are documents and reports that need to be filed to make sure that your righteous acts of policework are handled properly by the judicial system. The guilty shall have their day in court.

Among the documents, (including an email from an old French police contact Hubert Fiorentini) you come across a new assignment. A dangerous new designer smart drug called ThirdEye. Useful citizens are being harmed by it. It's been linked to some of your recent cases involving organized crime. Even with your excellent abilities, you haven't been able to penetrate very far. This may be your opportunity.

And oh yeah, you're supposed to babysit a squint by the name of Bin Zhiang while you're at it. What is this, a buddy cop movie? You're not the one about to retire- is it this Zhiang?
              Last edited by Spectrum; 04-03-2015, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Shaun Lao Michaelson

The man continues to make soft noises as he sits before you, nothing too obvious, but giving you a signal to track on.

The hand slips into yours, a firm handshake. "Robert. Nice to meet you. A couple of my old buddies get together once a week to play some basketball." he laughs, "It's pretty rare finding a place that's okay with a horde of wheelchairs on the floor." he pauses a moment, "Hope you don't mind the prying, but your stance. It's not military. Which style have you studied?"

Comment

Jessica Zhou hp:1

Jessica was aching all over. Between school and the extra hours she had been putting in at the Golden Phoenix, she had not been getting enough sleep. Add in her extracurricular activities a coupke of nights a week and it was amazing she was stil on her feet. Still, the extra money was helpful. She was able to pay her bills, put a little towards her student loans, and have a little left over.

Seeing Dr. Primen come in every week was a bonus. Jessica knew she couldn't be caught talking to her for more than a minute or two or risk being fired. Dr Primen seemed to be in better health than she had been at the talks. She had looked so tired and frail then. Besides her usual companion, there was someone new. An unusual looking robot with large eyes.

Making her way over to the table, Jessica greeted the group.

"Good evening Dr. Primen. Can I start you off with something to drink? Pardon me for asking, is your other companion this evening Cadie?"

Comment

Mei Liu

Tonight the place will 'burn like a Tibetan monk' as your drummer likes to say.
                    "Well lets provide the petrol Joey." Mei spoke up in the faux British accent that she had adopted just a month before. The ridiculousness of it appealed more to her than anything else about it. The looks people gave her because they knew that wasn't her actual accent and she knew that they knew that it wasn't her actual accent but she dared them to call her on it. She looked around the room at the crowd who seemed to already be into it with just the house music before the main event even hit the stage. "We'll start with the Ballad of Chavo Guerrero..."

She suddenly stopped mid-sentence as she spotted someone in the crowd. "I'll be right back... I have to see a thing about a thing..."
                    When they ask how I died, tell them: still angry. ~ Quellcrist Falconer

Comment

Bin Zhiang

Originally posted by Spectrum View Post
                      Bin Zhiang

You've been a little adrift lately, nothing really taking your interest. Well, there is that case that Detective Everette is working on, that horrible situation with the nude college girl and the goo but you weren't invited into that particular investigation. Yet. Some fascinating material there for sure.

But!

Bringing yourself back to the hear and now, a new file has been tossed in front of you. One that might catch your interest. Medical research is one of the big industries in Neotropolis. Sometimes Big Pharma is involved. Other times its more... unrestricted. In a city of geniuses, it's a constant competition between law enforcement and people living on the rather literal bleeding edge. By the time that laws are passed restricting a particular drug, it's already passe and those in the know have moved on. Anyway, so many acts of brilliance have been inspired by these quote on quote smart drugs that the city is dragging its feet on the issue anyway.

This one is new and different. So far the hospitals have reported five patients requiring long term hospitalization and recovery- exhaustion, dehydration, malnutrition from something called ThirdEye. No actual samples of the drug have been found yet. You've been asked to help with the forensic side of the investigation. In particular, you'll be working with a Detective John Lee- someone you haven't met yet but has a reputation as a loose cannon.
                      Bin frowns over the particulars of the case.

"SUKI, please interface with the hospital computers, police clearance, and retrieve the specifics of the patient vitals, symptoms, and personal information such as address and occupation. There must be a pattern to the drug distribution. See if the toxicology reports are in. Ummm... thank you." he says through his link to SUKI.

Bin frowns. "I will call this Detective Lee." He says as if pronouncing a sentence of doom.

He picks up his phone and dials Detective Lee's number.

Comment

John

Tiger Joe never knew what hit him, neither did the twenty three mooks he had guarding him and the warehouse. unfortunate for him as when John walked in the front door and announced that he and his crew were under arrest, the man had laughed and then ordered the half Chinese half Causasian cop gunned down. Five of the twenty three survived including Tiger Joe, all of them needing to be hospitalized. The press went on about a gang war in little Tokyo, his sergeant want on about his being out of bounds, The DA wrang his hands about how strong the case was.

All of them sang new tunes when he presented what Tiger Joe had been hiding in that warehouse. Not the drugs, nor the millions in cash, nor the virtual arsenal of weapons, no were talking the computerized distribution network for the entire city. Every dealer, pimp, punk and pros, and politician that Joe owned, bribed and otherwise worked with in a nice easy to read spreadsheet.

The look on the DAs face when he handed it to the man had been priceless, and well worth the aggravation.

Still he had work to do and after a celebratory beer, went home where he spent the night nursing an old scotch and looking at the only picture he had of her. Beauty beyond any he had and ever could want to see, fierce green eyes, and bubblegum pink hair, all wrapped up in a package of brains and beauty that just left him breathless. It had been a year now since they'd last seen each other and he hadn't seen or heard a word from her since. Her smile brilliant as she wrapped her arms around him in that picture on a sunny day at the ocean side.

Had it really been such a brilliant day? Had he ever really smiled like that before or since that day? he couldn't say anymore, sometimes it was like remembering a dream from a long time ago, other times it was like waking from a dream all sweat and hard breathing. Still he looked again as he sipped the scotch, the hard liquor burning down his throat, and just for a moment as his eyes traced that smile one more time, the corners of his lips twitched ever so slightly.

--ooOoo--

The next day found him bright and early at the precinct ready for the days work. Larissa the desk clerk was good people--cute too-- he could feel the crush she nursed on him but he couldn't respond not since her.

Still he wasn't dead by any stretch of the imagination, so he flirted back and gifted her with that soft smile he practiced in the mirror sometimes. Gently deflecting her offer for dinner with some half baked excuse about a new case--not entirely a lie--and saying next time maybe. letting her off the hook gently while allowing her to save face in the eyes of her peers.

This new drug was becoming an issue, and he was bound and determined to track down its source and shut it or them down hard. He had to admit a little trepidation when it was mentioned he would be partnered with some lab geek.

As if the very thought of the man had summoned his presence the phone rang.

He answered in a monotone "Detective Lee."
                        Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Shaun Lao Michaelson
                          HP: 1 Condition: A bit confused

"Style, stance, military? I am not quite sure what you are talking about, but i used to play a lot of Football, but i have never heard anyone mention that, that made in stand in any special way
                          I almost went pro before my...accident"

Shaun adjust his shades, though they need no adjustment. He had taken to almost always wear shades. Some people got disgusted by empty eye-sockets
                          "I broke a lot of bones in the accident and the doctors did not think i would ever walk again, so maybe that is why i stand funny"
                          Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
                          Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
                          Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

Bin Zhiang

"Ah, yes, Detective, Dr. Bin Zhiang here, N.P.D. Forensics. I do not have the full details yet from the Hospital or M.E. but I am gathering data in order to establish geographic or socio-economic pattern, provided one is there to find. Oh.... Excu..... ACHOO!!!" There sniffling on the other end of the phone. "Excuse me, allergies." He wipes effluvia away.

"So, we should meet to discuss a plan of investigation." he says finally.

Comment

Jessica Zhou

Dr Primen and her young male.. friend (it's been strongly suggested to not speculate) both look up towards you with a smile, "Jessica, a joy to see you again. How are classes going? We'll be having our usual tonight."

CADIE turns to smile up towards you, her bright blue eyes glowing more brightly for a moment, the... rabbit ear pony tail.. things doing a slight flutter. "Yes, I am CADIE. It is a pleasure to meet you. I will not be requiring sustenance tonight, Jessica, thank you for asking." A little cold, a little robotic,inhuman is a good word, but nothing too terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X