No announcement yet.

Super Framily Apprenticeship Plan (IC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] Super Framily Apprenticeship Plan (IC)

EPISODE 1-1: "Introductions"

Freedom City*
    Time: Late May, early evening
    *click for map

Three figures stand on a towering rooftop overlooking Freedom City. One, a high-tech, armored hero with a large golden M emblazoned on his chest. The second, an older looking man with a simple mask protecting his identity and a short, well groomed beard. The third member of the trio was an attractive woman dressed in an outfit that well balanced the lines between functional, classic, and scandalous.

The air tonight is cool, but promises warmer days as summer approaches. The city below is alive, as the night's sounds echo and muffle into a dull roar by the buildings stretching out in each direction.

Goldmax, the armored hero, glances at his watch and then back at his fellow heroes. "I just want to thank you both again for taking on this task. I think what you're doing tonight is going to be the start of great things for these young heroes and this city."

The eldest looking of the trio smiles, his silver beard curling with his face, and nods in agreement. "I agree with your assessment," he said. "I believe we gaze upon the edge of the future tonight."

As they wait, three young heroes approach the designated meeting time and place.

Current Cast
    CaptainChaos as Fusion - Radiation themed blaster
    rwknoll as Levitron - Telekinetic
    evolucion as Blue - Energy/Damage absorber

Inactive Cast
    The_Watchman as Mary Mercury - Super Speed Teacher
    Mechmaster as Onmyouji - Magic student
    Weyrd as Pep-Squad - Duplicator
    robertness as "Kate" K8-X - Martial arts Robot

Table of Contents
    Ep. 1-1 "Introductions"
    Ep. 1-1 "The Team's First Fight"
    Ep. 1-2 "Home Life"
    Ep. 1-3 "Opening Act"
    Ep. 1-4 "Punk Rock Withdrawal"

Ep. 2-1 "Punk Rock Zombies"
    Ep. 2-2 "Gathering the Clues"
    Ep. 2-3 "A Way In"
    Ep. 2-4 "Headliner Showdown"

Ep. 3-1 "A Most Mysterious Burglar"
    Ep. 3-2 "Fly on the Wall"
    Ep. 3-3 "The Hornet's Nest"
    Ep. 3-4 "The Sting of the Stinger"

Ep. 4-1 "The Atom Family"
    Ep. 4-2 "The Wild, Wild West"
    Last edited by whiteprofit; 01-26-2016, 09:22 PM.
    Kit Andersen/GravityBoy! - Whole Family of Supers
    GM - Super Framily Plan
    Captain Thunder - Victory Legion!

Re: Super Framily Apprenticeship Plan: Ep. 1-1 "Introductions"

Mary Mercury
    HP: 1 LP: 2
    Condition: Fine

Mary smiled as well, speaking in her crisp British accent, "It's always a pleasure to help, Max. They seem promising. It would have been nice to have a program like this in the 60s. I've never quite understood why there was such a pushback against young sidekicks. As though refusing to train the young will keep them out of danger..." She tsked then chuckled lightly at her own little rant.

Comment

Kate X

HP: 1
      Condition: Nominal

There is a soft ding just before the service elevator's doors open on the rooftop. A white robot disconnects a wire from the elevator's service panel then steps through the doors. It looks around for a moment to appraise its surroundings then cautiously approaches the three humans on the rooftop. Dr. Nguyen said these people would be friendly, but some of the robot's prior experiences with strange humans have not gone well. When it is close enough for its sensors to distinguish the humans' facial characteristics, the robot stops and raises a hand in greeting. "Hello," it says in a pleasant, girlish voice. "I am K8-X, but you can call me 'Kate' if it is more convenient. I am here to meet Mr. Goldmax."

Comment

Fusion

Tori checked the elevator carefully, looking for cameras. Her parents had instructed her on what to look for. Of course, there could always be small, hidden cameras but she was more concerned with the standard security video type. Once she was satisfied there were none, she pushed the button for the top floor. Her ears were assaulted by the horrific muzak the entire way. Her ride to the top floor wasn't non-stop. The elevator made several stops along the way, picking up and dropping off passengers. Finally, she reached the top floor and looked for an unlocked storage room. As luck would have it, she found a broom closet. Not exactly a high class dressing room, but it would do.

She had most of her costume underneath her street clothes. It was just a matter of slipping on her mirrored amber sunglasses, change her boots, and slip the gloves on. She left her purse at home and only had an ID and her debit card with her which were easily concealed. When she was ready, she peeked out the door to ensure no one was in the hallway. Then she quickly made her way to the roof access ladder and climbed up.

Rooftops, why did these heroes always want to meet on a rooftop? Her parents had explained that it was traditional. Tori would have preferred a coffee shop.

Once on the roof, it was easy enough to locate Mr. Goldmax. There were two others with him. One was an older woman dressed like a flag. The other looked like they were wearing some sort of armor. She just shrugged her shoulders and approached the group.

"Good evening, I'm Fusion. Am I late for the meeting? Traffic was terrible."

Comment

Onmyouji
          HP 1 LP 2 Condition: Normal

While the others introduced themselves to each, a small paper doll* gently glided above the group before quickly making a u-turn and flying off. Moments later, a figure could be seen jump from one roof top to another as it made its way to the group. It didn't take long before the figure landed at the meeting spot, the only sounds being the soft ruffle of his flowing white robes in the wind and his heavy gasps for air. As he stood up from his landing and tried to catch his breath, you all could see that he wore a white cloth mask that covered everything but his dark brown eyes. Still gasping for air, the young man bowed deeply to everyone before speaking.

"I'm sorry...I'm late. My...name is....Onmyouji. It's...nice...to meet you."

*Paper Doll
          http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...paper_doll.jpg

Comment

Rooftop
            The armored man with the large 'M' on his chest stepped forward and introduced himself as Goldmax, though it wasn't very necessary. "Thank you for coming," he added. "I'm very excited about this whole thing. I think you've all made a great decision to be here. I guess, um, we're all here, so let me introduce you all." Goldmax's metallic mask was unemotional, but his voice carried an excitement that was infectious.

"Kate, Fusion, and Onmyouji, this is Mary Mercury and Storm Sage. They are both well seasoned heroes that have a lot to teach you."

Storm Sage gripped a long staff in his right hand and tapped the end on the rooftop. "Well seasoned? Ms Mercury, I think he's trying to say we're old," the gray bearded man laughed. "That, or we're about to be grilled for dinner."
            GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Storm Sage
              PL 10 | PP 168
              This is as close a picture as I can get to the Storm Sage in my head. His beard would be shorter, closer to a goatee. He wears a small, plain mask over his eyes to protect his identity. And he would have fewer accessories/items on his belt than in this picture.

Abilities
              Str -1 Sta 0 Agl -1 Dex 2 Fgt 2 Int 7 Awe 7 Pre 0

Weather Magic Array
              Extreme Weather (Environment 8)
              • Lightning (Blast 12; MultiAttack)
              • Tornado (Area Cloud Damage 8)
              • High Winds (Burst Area Move Object 10)
              • Flash Freeze (Affliction 10)
              • Fog (Cloud Area Concealment Attack)
              • Healing Rains (Cloud Area Healing 8)
              • Warding Winds (Deflect 8; Reflect, Redirect)

Uplifting Winds (Flight 3)
              Weather-Proof (Immunity 10)
              Predict the Weather (Precog; Limited 2: Weather)
              GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Kate X
                HP:1
                Condition: Nominal

"No, no, no," Kate waives its arms in protest. "That story on the Bilge Report got it all wrong. I have no desire to eat human flesh and am not equipped with a mouth if I did. I'm sure Mr. Goldmax just means you're old. Uh... I mean... Maybe one of the things I will learn from you is when to disengage my speech algorithms."

Comment

Fusion

The young girl greeted the two older heroes. Her parents had implored her to be respectful. Upon seeing them, however, she needed no reminder. They could probably very easily blast her into atoms.

"It is an honor to meet you."

As for the other two students, one was an actual robot and the other's abilities included leaping.

"As for being old, my parents would say that old is a state of mind. God knows they act like children often enough."

Comment

Rooftop
                    Storm Sage laughed at the robot. "And maybe we'll also be able to teach you what a joke is."

Goldmax also laughed and offered, "Before I go, I just want to remind you all that I am not leaving you completely to your own devices. I will be available to you whenever I can. And I have a quick parting gift before I go." Goldmax produced a commlink for each of the heroes. "These are all on a closed frequency that can reach me and each other at any time. You can leave messages, too, incase I or someone else is unavailable right away."

Free Equipment and Advantage:
                    Commlink
                    Connected (Goldmax)
                    GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Onmyouji
                      HP 1 LP 2 Condition: Normal

Kenshin tried his best to stifle his laughter from Kate and Storm Sages' little back-and-forth. These people are his best chance at taking on Doman Ashiya and he didn't want to ruin that by making them think he wasn't serious. With a soft "Ahem" he accepted one of the communicators before turning to Storm Sage. Although he tried to appear calm, it was obvious that Kenshin was a bit nervous as he talked to the veteran hero.

"M-mister Storm Sage, I...um...I was...wondering if you've heard of Doman Ashiya? M-maybe you've fought him or something?"

Comment

Placing its hands on its hips, Kate looks to Fusion and says, "What is he talking about? I know what a joke..." Kate pauses for a moment and then it puts a hand over its face. "ha ha ha. Mr. Sage meant the skill of synchronously detecting humor. I have much to learn about humans. My creator said I would learn from my mentor and from being around 'kids my own age'. I look forward to learning with you, Fusion." The robot extends its hand to the young hero.

Comment

Fusion

Tori wasn't sure how to react to the robot. It said it's name was Kate. This was definitely not normal. Setient robots were only on tv and in movies. For now, and because she had promised her parents to behave, she accepted the extended hand of the robot.

"Well Kate, I never met a robot before. It's nice to meet you. I'm not sure how good of a role model I'll be but stick around and you'll learn more than you want to about us humans."

Comment

Storm Sage
                            Sage squinted his eyes as he considered the name Onmyouji had given him, repeating it under his breath a couple times. "Do-man Ash-ee-yah," he pronounced. "Hrm, I don't believe I have. You must be the young hero Onmyouji, though. Goldmax has shared with me that you practice magic, but he was unaware of what kind or at what level you practice. Perhaps you could share that with me."
                            GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Mary Mercury
                              HP: 1 LP: 2
                              Condition: Fine

Mary smiled warmly as the younger heroes arrived. She kept her hands clasped behind her back, studying them with an amused look. "It's delightful to finally meet the three of you in person. What I've heard was impressive." With a sudden burst of speed, she moved to stand behind Kate and placed a reassuring hand on the robot's shoulder, "Not to worry darling, Sage and I are here to give you three comprehensive training. You've shown a hero's instincts already. Everything else will come in time."

Comment

Working...
                              X