Announcement

Collapse

New Server

RoninArmy.com now lives on a new server! Due to a communication mixup with our hosting company, some posts made around November 3, 2019 might have been overwritten. We apologize for the inconvenience. If anything seems off or doesn't work any more (or if anything works better now), we'd like to hear about it. Thanks!
See more
See less

Heroes Unlimited: Rise of the Sphinx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes Unlimited: Rise of the Sphinx

The Viper Gambit

Viper Wars Finale

War!
    What is it good for?
    Absolutely nothing!
    Say it again yall!
    ~Edwin Starr

As the next day dawns bright and shining. The group finds itself running through various moods from the upbeat--Hornet and Karen acting like a pair of teenagers--to the serious--Kris and Shock both of whom have seen things that leave them convinced that something big is coming, and confused--Dragonfyre for as he searched and searched he could find nothing that lead him any closer to Lexia. Even Ayas encouragement couldn't help as information seemed impossible to find or was blocked in ways even he couldn't touch.

All in all though the groups activites today are brought to a halt as Elena calls them together. "Guys we have a request from agent Coulson."

She waits till everyone sits down and she at least marginally has their attention before continuing.

"The Evidence that Shock discovered with Dark Angel a night jibes with evidence and with testimony from the Captured Serpent Society members who talked."

She touches a screen on the table which causes a wall mounted screen to light up and she uses her touch screen interface to move the data around.

"Agent Coulson is positive that Viper is planning something major that is going to coincide with the verdicts delivery today in the Trial." she pauses a moment and looks right at you.

"He wants you guys there to be ready in case Viper tries anything stupid."

A refresher of the first page Im just going to port over the beginning fo the battle and skylarks entry to save time

well kick in after Hornets action
    IC thread
    Heroes-Unlimited: OOC Thread
    Role Call Thread
    Catsiverse: Setting Thread

Going Rogue IC
    Going Rogue OOC

Chapter List:
    Chapter 1: Terror at the mall
    Chapter 2: Trolls under the bridge
    Chapter 3: the Viper Wars
    A: Viper in our midst
    B: The Trial of Viper
    C: The Viper Gambit; Viper wars Finale
    Viper Gambit; Finale Continuation
    Chapter 4: Rise of the Sphinx
    A: Masters of Fortune
    B: The Nakamura Incident
    C: Ultimate Vacation
    Last edited by catsi563; 13th October 2016, 01:28 PM.
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Viper Wars Final Gambit

Everyone

The group quickly comes together and gets ready to move out. As they do the Agent in charge liasing with one of Bay Cities finest gives them some quick updates.

"We have some video from a cellphone, passerby who uploaded it just before the areas cell service was jammed." he explains as he holds up the smart tablet which starts playing a video. The video is shaky in spite of the technology of the tablet helping to clean it up. It shows a van tear up and peel to a halt. Out of the Van pours a 5 team, and a Steel Serpent armor along with a costumed villain that the group recognizes immediately as Occulon sprung it seems from prison. As the first group rushes into the building there is a series of loud sounds from inside the building.

The person holding the camera phone gets closer and as they peer inside the doors Hornet catches a view of another 5 team coming out of a hole in the ground along with a large armored villain that he recognizes as Armadillo. The power Armored crook specializes in tunneling and out of the hole pours another team and another Steel Serpent suit.

Just as the team starts spreading out fireing at people a white and blue blurs flashes past them nailing Armadillo and knocking him back down the hole he'd just made, also casuing the 5 team to scatter and dive for cover, then return fire wildly as the white and blue blur dodges about.

Its at that moment that the video cuts out. As He watches kris gets a feeling of deja vu and sees again the flash of premonition he had in the tunnels of a silver blue bird attacking a snake.

"that's as much as we have, BCPD has locked down the scene but theyre having trouble approaching seems someone dug pitfalls into the concrete causing multiple accidents and making it difficult to approach."

"Not sure who the new comer is but we've had word of a rookie in the area lately taking down several of the local gangs, and had a few run ins with VIPER."

"Good luck gusy well back you up as soon as we can." He offers.

Kris then promptly teleports the group mere seconds later.
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

Comment

Kris Majax

"Occulon will see our approach. He can see through barriers." Kris says, remembering their earlier encounter with him.
      Skylark

Over the course of the last year a young teenage girl has lead a double life. On one hand her guardian has made sure she has what would be considered a normal comfortable life, school, malls, movies, friends, smartphones and texting.

On the other hand though, despite her guardians stern disapproval she runs around in a costume, taking down bad guys, standing up for the downtrodden, and generally kicking all sorts of awesome butt!

She'd be having more of a blast if her guardian didn't insist on training her tuckus off. "An hour of sweat in the gym prevents a gallon of blood on the streets." he would admonish her when she would get lazy in her training, and would then proceed to push her harder. His determination to see her lead a normal life outweighed by the need to keep her alive.

Lately she'd found that her past had begun to catch up with her. Viper was not your typical gang of thugs. these guys were well trained and equipped, and more importantly they knew things about her, like how to take her down, and her equipment.

Still she'd kicked their rear ends pretty roundly--or gotten very lucky as The Falcon had reminded her-- and they hadn't caught her yet. Recently though their attacks had slacked off, though weirdly enough the tension in the air hadn't slacked off at all as if something were building, like thunderclouds on the horizon dark and ominous.

Then she had busted in on the gangs in the warehouse one night. They hadn't been a problem 24 of them armed with handguns and a few SMGs. Only one had given her a problem. The slick looking guy in the suit talking to them. He had carried a Blaster pistol, Viper in issue, that he was very adept at using, as Falcons hard look at the blaster burns on her uniform had shown.

Still she had taken him down and after a brief search found a text with a location and time. A search of that location revealed a viper 5 team which she had dispatched and a whole world of trouble. namely a large variety of tanks, and Attack robots. Mech Vipers fully armed. The 5 team had gone down without too much effort, but all the fun and games ended when 4 of the Mech Vipers had been activated they enarly leveled the warehouse before she escaped. When she finally returned the tanks and Mechs were gone, and the warehouse was in flames. But she was certain she had stumbled onto something Big.

Falcon surprisingly enough agreed. A week had passed with no signs of Vipers activities until in the middle of the day when while looking in on the announcement of the verdict for the trial of several Viper big wigs--Guilty her favorite verdict for guys like that-- When all hell had broken loose.

Tanks, and Viper APCs had swarmed out into the streets hitting every single thing in sight chasing people shooting at anything that moved practically. Mech Vipers had begun marching through the streets, and Viper 5 teams with them.

She had done what she could but things were clearly out of control and with authorities and Aegis agents in the streets fighting back she had headed for the Falcons lair to get more info and make sure the old man was ok.

That's when she had come across the Bank, the old man did security consulting for companies and she found in his itinerary that he was scheduled to consult at Cal Feds Oakland branch today. She had rushed over to find him avoiding anti-air fire the entire way their as well as several attack planes and coptors--where the here did Viper get these things??-- before finally rushing in to the branch and finding it under attack.

She had leveled the big Armored looking Villain--Armadillo, Anteater, Aardvark something like that-- knocking him down into the hole and scattering the 5 team with him before having to duck for cover as they returned fire along with a suit of Power Armor that she hadn't seen before but that had enough firepower to make her think twice about sticking her pretty little head up.

Yeah life had gotten very complicated today, and little did she know things would get even more complicated very soon.

Still Skylark would fly and sing like her namesake because that's what she did.

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
      HP: 2
      Cnd: Healthy
      Loc.: jewelry exchange, then Cal Fed and Savings after teleport

Before they were teleported away Bastion stepped up to take a look at the video showed to them by the agent. After it was over his attention shifted to Kris at hearing the comment about Oculon.

"Seeing through walls is a problem if we want surprise. But if this video is solid, it is possible he could be distracted by the vigilante inside. We can use that if we act with speed and precision. When we get there, scry to get confirmation on what the video has shown us, and find a good place to teleport in. We'll have to forgo meeting up with the authorities on scene if we want a chance of surprise and to back up the person already inside before they get overwhelmed. I think the video gave us what we needed intel-wise anyway. Thank you Agent."
      Kris Majax
      HP: 1, LP: 1

Kris nods. Since they were going to teleport in anyway and didn't need to get an update from the agents, Kris teleports a mile away from the bank in Oakland. Close enough to scry but hopefully far enough for Occulon not to be looking in the area.

Then he pulls out his scrying ball and begins to look at the scene inside the bank, projecting it in the air so others could also see.

Gadgets to crystal ball: ESP 5 (audio, visual; PF: Subtle 2; F: Full Round action); Quickness 3 (Limited to scrying); Enhanced Skill (Notice +8)
      Use Illusions to project what i see.
      Notice: 1D20+9+8 = [15]+9+8 = 32
      Shock
      HP: 1

Chris grimaced when he saw Occulon. "Him again? I agree. We can't leave whoever's in there on his own for long."

Hornet:
      [Kirk McGlothlin]
      HP: 0
      LP: 1

"I can keep Occulon occupied. I'm not the easiest target to hit after all, plus this bug's got a bite
      Dragonfyre
      HP:3 Cnd: Ready

Tony looked over the scene on the Video, cocked his head a little and then looked at the others. "I could always just do a Dragon Drop right in and distract them all by going all Dragon Rage...that would allow the others a chance to ambush from other angles. After all...I am a big target, and I make lot's o noise...all the time." The last was delivered with a toothy grin.
      Shadowbourne Superhero
      Superhero Posts: 1975Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:36 pm

Comment

Skylark
        Condition: Normal / HP: 1

Gunfire rings out through the streets and hot lead chips fragments of stone off the curb. One bullet clips her ponytail and another makes a neat hole through her wing-cape. They almost get her before she makes it behind cover. "How many?" her earpiece commlink crackles to life.

"I count a Viper team, one of their battlesuits and Aardvark, Anteater, whatever he's called," Skylark radios back. She tries to look, and is promptly chased back under cover by a hail of gunfire. She's a lean, athletic figure, in mine-proof boots and a sleeveless leotard, shoulder-length gloves and thigh-high socks, all in her signature white and sky blue. From her back sprouts a pair of magnificent white wings -- 72 individually articulated feathers that move in response to electrical signals running down her spine and allow her to fly. She crouches in silence, a fan of titanium feather blades in one hand and her sonic blade in the other. Behind the opaque white eyeholes of her sky-blue half-mask, her brow is furrowed in concentration, listening for the tell-tale tinkle of grenade pins.

"That's too many heavies for you to handle. Stay under cover and don't engage, don't let them pin you down."

For once Skylark has to agree. "You know what, old man? I'm gonna lead them into the bank. Plus I think I spied some snakes crawl in a while back." Out in the open the heavy weapons of the two powersuits put her at a disadvantage. But in the bank there was cover and darkness and both were her friend.

"There's no point telling you to be careful, is there?"

"'Course there isn't." She grins. "I'm a super ninja clone assassin. I don't make careless mistakes."

"Don't run out of luck either, super ninja clone assassin. I'll update you once I get back to base."

"Roger."
        Everyone, save Skylark

As the team appears on a nearby rooftop The scene plays out before them as thus. The Police and Aegis aren't as hard pressed as they were at the Exchange without U-235 to create the vicious energy field he did. Still though Viper chose their target well as this building is built with only one approach and thus more easily defendable.

The scrying crystal show the young woman in the bird like costume holding her own for now as Occulon tries to blast her with his tracking eye beams but shes able to dodge them and keep dodging them, though how long that state of affairs will persist is anyone's guess.

The 2 5 teams have move on to their tasks securing the people in the braches offices as well as the front door. Where both of the Steel Serpents reinforces them. The murderous fire put out by the Armor is doing a painful job on the police as they try and approach the building.

One fact though shows something very interesting . namely that the hold dug by armadillo is still there and thus accessbile via the sewer system. it is guarded by a single agent.

That's when things turn bad for the young heroine inside. Armadillo adds his firepower to Occulons which makes it more difficult to dodge their attacks when suddenly she is hit from behind by a big, and burly brute that all 5 heroes recognize from the blotters.

Belicose.

One of the FBIs, and Aegis most wanted criminals. The guys is a physical powerhouse, fast and agile, and nasty to boot. The football tackle sends the young woman flying and actually blasts her clean out of the building. Even though shes on the second floor she spreads the wings on her back and manages to easilyl dodge Occulons fire now that shes got some room to maneuver.

--ooOoo--

"Do I even want to know what hit you?" the stern voice of the Falcon comes through the ear comm.

'Also slight change of plans not going to be able to exit just yet." he replies as calmly as if he were discussing the weather.

As she flies Kris is once more hit by the vision of the white bird attacking the snake.

Kris Majax

Kris gives up the formality and just looks at Bastion. "Call it, Bastion."
        BASTION (Tyler Battle)
        Cnd: Healthy
        Loc.: Cal Fed and Savings

Bastion seized up the scene quickly. His mouth opened and he stopped himself from doing what Kris wound up asking him to do a few seconds later. After that there wasn't any hesitation or pause. First he looked to Dragonfyre and pointed at the winged girl who'd gotten nocked out of the bank.

"Dragonfyre, get the brute off the bird girl, and see if you can get her to take on a Steel Viper instead. Try to maneuver the bad guy within range of AEGIS so they can supply support fire."

A finger pointed at a central location in the bank's main room the team could easily branch out to their targets from, yet offered some initial cover from immediate attack.

"Kris, teleport the rest of us in ... here."

His head turned and lenses cover eyes fixed on Shock as he went on.

"Once we're inside, Shock take the five teams. You're more precise with that chain lightning than I am with my thunderclap, and those guys are hanging out near civilians. When you finish with them, move on to Steel Serpents. I'll handle the Serpents until then."

Finally he looked between Hornet and Kris, saving the more complex task for last.

"Hornet and Kris, keep Oculon and Armadillo busy, but supply support where you can. We want to take out the five teams and Steel Serpents fast, so they aren't witling at our defenses and making openings for the big guns."

He paused, head turning to pan his eyes over the Protectors and make sure there was no confusion. If there wasn't, or if no one had questions, he looked to Kris and gave a 'go ahead' nod to get things moving.
        Skylark
        Condition: Normal > Bruised -3 / HP: 1+1 = 2

Just for fun, I'm gonna start this with 3 bruises. Makes sense.

Also I awarded myself a HP for that thing you PMed me about catsi back when we were discussing my build.

catsi563 wrote:
        "Do I even want to know what hit you?" the stern voice of the Falcon comes through the ear comm.

Splinters of glass spray all over the street below as she's hit by the mother of all football tackles and blaster right out of the bank. "An eighteen-wheeler with attitude," Skylark hisses through gritted teeth as she flexes her wings and manages to stay in the air. Her costume is torn from the beating she's taken and she's bleeding from the shoulder where a stray round has grazed her. So far, nothing broken yet, but she has to wonder how much luck she has left in the bank. The Viper goons are easy peasy for her to take out. But three veteran supers and two Steel Serpents is too much for her to take on all at once. She can't even do anything for the police down below, she's so busy trying to stay alive.

"I'm gonna keep them shooting at me to keep the fire off you and the civvies," she says, dodging more eye beams from Occulon and swinging onto the rooftop to give herself a temporary respite. It's not a winning strategy, but it'll do until she figures out something really smart.
        Dragonfyre
        HP:3 Cnd: Dragon...

The grin that spread across Tony's face was that of a happy predator...Tag the big guy...keep him focused on me...Keep them ALL focused on me...bird girl to take Steel Viper...THAT is me...With a simple nod, Dragonfyre rockets into the sky as high as he can in a single downthrust. Then, with a lazy turn over, Dragonfyre folds his wings back and aims right for Belicose.
        Shock

Chris nodded at Bastion's instructions. "Five teams, going down."
        Dragonfyre

As Belicose is patting himself on the back for Bashing Skylark Karma shows that turnabout is fair play is on the menu as Tony comes rocketing in through the same window and clobbers him with a brutal crash which sends Belicose flying through a wall the opposite direction.

The other supervillains and agents see this and react quickly advancing on tony or taking cover as they can, as the big fight gets well and truly underway.
        Everyone

The explosive entrance Tony uses effectively gets the party started as he slams Belicose and sends him flying. Viper agents fire back sending wild return fire some of which stings tony bouncing off his scaly hide but letting him know he should be moving soon.

Initiative counts:
        Dragonfyre 23
        Belicose 23 hero's go first
        Shock 21
        Hornet 21
        Steel Serpents 21 heros
        Armadillo 20
        Kris 15
        Bastion 10
        Occulon 10
        Skylark 7
        Viper Agents 5

Tonys Acton succeeded and kicked off the round a little fluff return fire

Belicose will remain stunned this round
        Dragonfyre
        HP:3 Cnd: Party Started

Ignoring the small arms fire, Tony stalks forward and begins to deliver a flurry of punches to Belicose...each strike punctuating a single word," Don't...HIT...little...GIRLS!!
        Shock

Chris was ready to go as soon as his vision cleared after the teleport. He charged across the square to the first 5 team and slapped his hand on the first VIPER he reached. Lighning arced from that one to the other five, jumping over and around the civilians they were herding.
        Hornet:
        [Kirk McGlothlin]
        HP: 0

As soon as the group 'ported in, Hornet wasted no time in going after Occulon.

"Hey peepers, long time no see." As the flare of light burst out from his tiny gauntlets.
        Dragonfyre

Belicose rises shakily to his feet as tony rushes in at him and throws a brutal series of hard punches his way. Even stunned though the Mad warrior proves to be a tough one as he blocks several and takes a few finally spitting out a wad of blood and snarling back at Tony.

"You are a dead lizard!"

that hits his stunned defense

Belicoses toughness save 26 a fail by 4 and hess bruised x2
        Shock

The Viper agent manages to get off a wild shot which zips past Shocks head as he lays his hand on the agents shoulder. The agent jerks and yowls in pain as electric current flows though him but surprisingly he manages to yank himself clear of the attack at the last second.

Unfortunately for his team its not quick enough and an arc of lightning snaps away from him and to one of the other agents, them another, and another and to the last. All 4 agents stiffen and jerk as the electricity bites them before they all shudder and fall over unconscious.

Viper reflex saves here 22 15 12 10 9 one makes it

Viper toughness saves here 23 19 18 12 9 and not surprisingly only one of them makes it lucky snake :P

the other 4 drop like bad habits
        Hornet

The bright strobing flash bursts out causing several civilians to cover their eyes and scream even some fo Viper agents have are glad for the flash visors in their helmets.

The only one not affected by it is Occulon. who responds in an uncharacteristically witty fashion
        "I didn't see anything."

"You see these?" and his eyes flare and Hornet finds himself dodging eye lasers.

Yeah hes immune to dazzles

her point for Hornet
        Everyone

The Steel Serpents both react quickly one of them opens fire on bastion with his arm mounted plasma cannons but when the smoke clears Bastion is standing there unharmed.

The second one though has better luck as he lets fly with an uncannily accurate blast which connects with Shocks position with devastating results.

Meanwhile Armadillo Powers up his palm blasters and lets fly with a blast at Bastion as well. His suits tactical computer recognizing him as serious danger targets an area right around Bastions bread basket and Armadillo fires tagging the young paragon right in the chest with devastating effect.

Steel Serpent 1 attacks Bastion but no joy thanks to his impervious theyre gonna need to upgrade those

Steel Serpent 2 fires at Shock 27 that hits for a DC 23

Armadillos attack on bastion 26 which crits thanks to his suits tactical computer for a DC 32

and that brings it to Kris
        Kris Majax
        HP: 1, LP: 1 (-1=0); Condition: Fine

Their arrival is followed by a fast and furious exchange. He sees Armadillo hit Bastion pretty hard. Rather than trying to be clever, he decided to be direct with the armored villain.

"You, tincan! What am I, chopped liver?"

His staff glows as he fires a bolt of fire at Armadillo.

Move action to Boost.
        Power Attack [2]: 1D20+8-2 = [4]+8-2 = 10
        LP to reroll: 1D20+8-2 = [10]+8-2 = 16 +10=26
        DC29 Toughness
        Kris

The arcane energy responds to Kris's will and coalesces into a bolt of raw power which shrieks like a banshee as it slams into Armadillo. The armored villain though proves as tough as his name sake, and the armor only lightly singed by the impact.

that hits Armadillos toughness save 25 is a fail by 4 for bruised x1

Bastions up

Comment

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
          HP: 2 - 1 = 1
          Cnd: -1 dmg res.

OOC wrote:
          DC 32 Tough.: 1D20+13 = [6]+13 = 19 HP to re-roll.

re-roll. DC 32 tough.: 1D20+13 = [15]+13 = 28 One degree of failure. -1 damage resistance.

The power beams sped towards Bastion with angry light and malevolent intent. With dazzling speed the young metahuman shoved his fingers into the floor and ripped out a sizable chunk of it, which he used to block the energy blast. But the improvised shield blasted apart under the assault and Bastion was forced to brace himself with a couple backwards steps. After a quick recovery Bastion turned his head and called out to the winged girl.

"Want to give me a hand with these Steel Serepents?"

After his invitation was given Bastion sped along the exchange floor, making sure both Steel Serpents were within his area of attack. With he slapped his hands together sending a shockwave crashing towards the two armored goons.

OOC wrote:
          That's DC 20 Reflex. Then DC 25/20 Toughness.
          Skylark
          Condition: Bruised -3 / HP: 2

Dragonfyre wrote:
          ," Don't...HIT...little...GIRLS!!

"Thanks for the save but I am not a little girl!" Skylark briefly pops her head into view, hanging upside down from the roof to protest this gross slander and mischaracterization. "I'm a super ninja clone assassin. Remember that!"

She briefly surveys the scene as she does. There's the bare-chested guy beating the crap out of the heavy who'd tackled her, a lightning control guy, a little buzzing thing that's trading shots with Occulon, Gandalf, and some guy who's probably five times faster than she is and ten times as strong.

She pops back down again, somersaulting to land on the edge of the window. "Take you up on that, hotshot," she calls to Bastion, a fan of feather blades in her hand. "Who're you guys?"

Yes I post even when it is not my turn :mrgreen:

Even though Skylark moves narratively, she remains in the same 5-ft cube that she started at the beginning of the round.
          Bastion

When Bastions hands collide there is a thunderous boom that shakes even the earthquake proofed building, and causes no small consternation among the hostages and others trapped within wondering if a bomb just went off.

One of the armored villains manages to brace himself effectively and suffers little harm but his partner is not able to do so and is caught stupidly gloating at the hurt he put on Shock. While carefully aiming at Skylark to take her out next--forgetting for a moment that Shocks still game-- He never sees Bastion and thusly is slammed by the concussive force of a mack truck.

the Serpent is battered along bouncing through walls until hes blown clear of the building finally coming to a halt when his helmeted head slams into a fire hydrant and is rendered unconscious.

ok

Steel Serpents both in the cone

reflex saves 15, 26

One makes it the other doesn't

toughness saves 11, 23

OW epic toughness save fail :shock:

ones out and the others fine
          Bastion

Occulon covering his ears from the shockwave sees that and starts immediately whining "Oh man how in the hell do we beat that?"

"Just blast them you moron!" Armadillo shouts back goading him on.

Occulon for all his whining though comes out swinging and lets fly as his eyes glow brighter and he aims at Bastion with a powerful blast.

Occulon power attacks for -3/+3 24 Bam hits for a DC 30 impact.

Skylarks up for her first official turn :mrgreen:
          Skylark
          Condition: Bruised -3 / HP: 2

Skylark brandishes the fan of feather blades in her hand. "Eat titanium carbide, you oversized snake!" she yells as she flings them at the remaining Steel Serpent.

She then ducks behind the nearest cover available, a trashed ATM.

Standard action: Use Feather Blades (Autofire Ranged Damage 7, Improved Critical 2) on Steel Serpent
          Attack roll vs Steel Serpent (1d20+13=32) critical, DC 27 Toughness save

Move action: Move behind the nearest cover
          Skylark

The Steel Serpent stands up from where it dived for cover and is promptly pelted by razor edged feathers which clang off the serpents osmium steel armor plates leaving only mild scratches on the armor.

"That wont save you little girl!" the armored thug snarls.

Hits easy

Steel Serpents toughness save 28 :shock: sheesh build em tough they do no damage.

take an HP for that
          Bastion

The lone remaining agent takes his opportunity and grabs the handles of the 2 man chem cannon that the agents had been setting up. The heavy anti-super weapon desgined for FISS targets and known by the sobriquet Brickbuster Barks like some mad dog as the agent yanks the trigger multiple times firing at Bastion and friends.

Team 2 is busy further in the building with their task

lone agent remaining from team 1 will use the anti super weapon they had and begin firing.

his first shot at Bastion 21 wow even with accuracy reduced it hits

that's a DC 27 hit with some serious knockback if you take damage

Hes then going to surge and fire at Tony 20

Sheesh :shock: that's a DC 27 on tony too with serious knockback

Brickbusters a nasty piece of work Hero point to everyone for a mooks surprisingly accurate shooting with a big gun

Back to the top of the order post toughness saves with tony

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
          HP: 2 - 1 = 1
          Cnd: -3 dmg res., Stunned

OOC wrote:
          DC 30 Tough.: 1D20+12 = [10]+12 = 22 two degrees of failure. -1 damage resistance and Stunned.

DC 27 Tough: 1D20+11 = [3]+11 = 14 HP to reroll.

DC 27 Tough: 1D20+11 = [14]+11 = 25 One degree of failure -1 damage resistance.

Blindsided by Oculon, Bastion staggers under the optical blast from the whiny villain. Shaking his head he tried to clear the blurriness in his vision. He managed to do so, just in time to raise his arms in a 'x' in front of his as the Brickbuster plowed into him. Though he'd readied himself against the initial blast Bastion go flying from the impact. There as likely going to be a flesh man sized hole in the building's walls.
          Dragonfyre
          HP:4 Cnd: Very pissed off...

"Dragon...not Lizard you blockhead!" Tony snarled back. "You are as stupid as you look..." Tony started to pull back for a hard driving pile driver when the world went blinding white as an explosion happens at ground zero. In a flash he was slammed backwards into the side of the building, crashing the wall down onto him. For few seconds, all that could be heard was the falling masonry stacking upon the downed dragon.

Then the rumbling began, with a roar that was heard for miles, Dragonfyre burst up from the debris chucking a large part of the wall into the still standing Belicose.

Toughness vs DC27 (1d20+12=22)...Stunned and Bruised. Bruised condition heals at the top of this round. Use HP to shake off stun, then another HP to hurl a piece of the scenery at Belicose: Improvised Flying Chunk o' Concrete DC25(Blast 10 w/Accurate) (1d20+9=21)
          Dragonfyre

The flying chunk of concrete hurls through the air propelled by Tonys enormous strength. But Belicose proves to be pretty fast as he sidesteps it the chunk barely missing his face.

Belicose then snarls like some mad dog as he launches himself in a bounding leap which ends with his foot in Tonys face after a jumping side kick.

that barely misses him

His turn is next

Belicose will attack 25 should hit and that's a DC 25

Shock is up
          Shock
          Condition: Bruised 1

Chris nearly cursed out loud when the cannon started firing. He jumped forward and shot a line of lightning through the cannon into the VIPER agent pulling the trigger.

Line area blast 7 - Reflex DC17 and then Toughness DC22/18 with Penetrating on the agent and the cannon.

Comment

Shock

The Brickbusters heavy blast slams into Bastion like a freight train and its concussive impact is enough to blow him through one of the outer walls and out into the street where the young paragon comes to rest indenting himself into a cars side and pushing the vehicle up onto the sidewalk.

The Agent swivels the heavy cannon fast and gets off several more shots which pepper the walls as he tries to nail shock. Both Belicose and Tony are forced to duck for cover, and even Armadillo and Occulon both dive behind a wall as Armadillo Yells "Watch it you Idiot!!"

The agent though doesn't hear him past the cannons mad Barking as he Yells a battle cry while trying to blast Shock who is able to dodge the majority of them.

"FOR VIPER!!"

His cry is cut short though as Shock manages to let fly with a lightning bolt which snaps and cracks like a whip as it rolls across the heavy cannon. Unfortunately Vipers techs prove their worth as the cannons grounding feature combined with the agents armor protects him from more then a mild shock.

The agent grins wickedly behind his helmet as he takes careful aim lining Shock up in his sights.

Viper agents reflex save 12 fails he takes the whole blast

toughness save 25 :shock: Bloody hell that is one lucky agent

Hero point to shock for that

Hornets up

ps as an aside with the new transfer well keep going as long as possible I hope the entire thing will be ported if nto well make arraignements

edit: decicded to see if the brickbuster was damaged by the electricity. it was effect will become appareant when its next fired,

if its next fired being the question

Comment

Updated Initiative count for clarity

Need a toughness save for Tony and then Hornets action

Initiative counts:
              Dragonfyre 23
              Belicose 23 hero's go first (bruised X2)
              Shock 21 (bruised x1)
              Hornet 21
              Steel Serpents 21 heroes go first (One unconscious, One fine)
              Armadillo 20 (bruised x1)
              Kris 15
              Bastion 10 (bruised x3)
              Occulon 10
              Skylark 7 (bruised x1)
              Viper Agents 5 (team 1 4 down 1 left, team 2 fine)

Comment

Hornet:
                [Kirk McGlothlin]

Hornet managed to avoid Occulon's volley of eye blasts but doing so pushes him back far enough that the VIPER super goon has an opportunity to take a shot at Bastion, not what the tiny hero had wanted. Now determined to pull his own despite being the smallest player on the field Hornet flies right at Occulon with his gauntlets quickly charging up and unleashing a fresh blast.

"Hey Peeper! Spot this!"

Originally posted by OOC
                Stinger Shot Attack: _: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20, maybe that's a hit...not too sure and I'm a little low on points to try a re-roll at the moment. So hoping for the best instead.

If that does hit it's a Toughness DC 25.

Comment

Hornet

The eye powered villain continues trying to blast Hornet as the insect avenge zooms around his head.

"Hey Peeper! Spot this!"
                  "Spot what? YIIIKES!!" he yelps as he barely ducks the hornet sting that nearly nails him right between his alien eyes.

"Hey watch it that could hurt someone!!" he shakes his fist at hornet and shoots more eye beams.

That Hits Occulons toughness save 25 is a spot on save

Comment

Shock

The Steel Serpent seeing the targets surrounding them decides to remove them one at a time he takes careful aim and Lets fly at Shock who is menacing the only viable counter to the heroes pressing their position as he sees it.

The armored villains arm cannon primes and howls as it lets fly but the blast sails clear as Shock seemingly with eyes in the back of his head dodges it.

Steel Serpent will blast shock 16 yeah that's a miss

Comment

Kris

Seeing Bastion get cleared out of the building Armadillo smiles a wicked smile behind his helmet as he turns to kris.

Chopped liver? Not yet but give me a few minutes." he snarls as he flexes his metallic claws.

Then he promptly lets fly with a fusillade of small rockets at Kris which hiss out of his shoulder pods their tails converge on Kris before a small series of explosions rock the area where he was standing.

Armadillo will use his shoulder rockets on Kris 20 should hit and those are autofire so for every 2 he gets a +1 to damage which starts at a DC 23

Still need a toughness save from Tony

and Kris is up barring his own

Comment

Kris Majax

As the rockets strike his mirror image, some of the explosions singe his clothes. He smiles as he watches.

"That never gets old."

His staff symbols glow again and he unleashes another firebolt at Armadillo.

Hits by 2, so DC24.

[HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

Kris

Armadillos smile is wiped from his face when he realizes hes been had, and then its replaced with a pained expression as Kris Blasts him form behind. The arcane bolt slams into him and drives him to his knees.

That hits Armadillos toughness save 21 bam fail by 8 hes bruised x2 and stunned

Bastions up
                          Last edited by catsi563; 4th May 2014, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Dragonfyre
                            HP:2 Cnd: Rip Roaring

Toughness vs Flying Side Kick DC25 (1d20+12=32)...that just makes the Dragon Hungry

Comment

Bastion

Bastion lay there for a few moments as he shook his head trying to clear the cobwebs and wondering when Tony was going to answer the bloody phone. Then he slowly began to lift himself up his hand closing around the car hed hit with a crunching sound of metal.

Nothing from Sakura so Baston remain stunned for the round

Comment

Working...
                              X