Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Heroes Unlimited: The Viper Wars Final Gambit

Dragonfyre
    HP: 3 Cnd: Geek Squad...Nerd Herd...Just IT!

Tony looked down at the Armored Idiot at his feet struggling to stand. About to deliver a snarky quip, Tony hears Majax call for him...something about a computer problem? "Dammit...I was just going to see who had the cajones to dress up as an Armadillo," Tony snarls. However, it must be bad if they were calling in the what? Third string tech support? "Dammit, Dammit, Dammit..." With a quick snag, Dragonfyre reaches down and yanks up Armadillo by the back of his shell, "Hey Bastion...CATCH!" Tony yells once he gets Bastion's attention. Then, wiith a single snap of his wings, Dragonfyre rockets up out of the crater.

With a quick scan of the scene, Tony locates the one standing computer station in the trashed bank. Dropping with starling speed, Tony lands amazingly lightly,"Aya...Aya, if you can connect, I might need your assistance. Viper's snaking it's way into something they shouldn't," Tony grumbles as he starts typing at the keyboard, "Great...the last computer standing...No I don't want to sign up for greater savings...company spam ware on their own system...what idjets...."Tony grouses some more, "BUUUUTTT....that might be the best thing...God loves idiots after all....Aya, love...gonna clone the spam ware and duplicate all the codes for the bank's access codes so they lead back to spam ware....any assistance would be appreciated...NO, I don't need a Christmas fund....But Viper does...oh yes they do!"

Computer Skill (1d20+12=16)...blech! Reroll: Computer Skill reroll (1d20+12=14)...Dammit, good thing that translates to a 24, otherwise might have a smashed keyboard. Now, to Program the cloneware: Knowledge: Computer Programing (1d20+12=21)...OK Dragonfyre can smash his way through everything....but a firewall! Dammit, reroll:Knowledge Computer Programing reroll (1d20+12=20) which converts to a 30...still thinking of smashing the keyboard...

Comment

Everyone

With a quick scan of the scene, Tony locates the one standing computer station in the trashed bank. Dropping with starling speed, Tony lands amazingly lightly,"Aya...Aya, if you can connect, I might need your assistance. Viper's snaking it's way into something they shouldn't," Tony grumbles as he starts typing at the keyboard
      "Yes Tony I can connect, Karen has helped me to reconnect to the system and I have access to the internet. I am accessing the banks files now." the young AI quickly registers a utility box on the screen where she shows she has access to the banks computers.

"Great...the last computer standing...No I don't want to sign up for greater savings...company spam ware on their own system...what idjets...." Tony grouses some more, "BUUUUTTT....that might be the best thing...God loves idiots after all....Aya, love...gonna clone the spam ware and duplicate all the codes for the bank's access codes so they lead back to spam ware....any assistance would be appreciated...NO, I don't need a Christmas fund....But Viper does...oh yes they do!"
      "Tony I am reading a multi code worm with a tri partate encryption, the code they are using is attempting to access the Federal and state reserve accounts." she runs a few liens of code in concert with Tony. "Tony I have isolated the malicious code in a cyclic file and am attempting to upload the file to Vipers Computer network, I am not certain the upload was successful but we have halted the attack here."

--ooOoo--

Above them as Shock busts up the 5 team covering the hostages, the 5th member works frantically at the Computer of the Branch manager which has access to the federal and state server accounts. The program provided him a tapeworm of sorts would allow Viper to funnel untold funds at their leisure making the organization incredibly wealthy, and worse enabling them to blackmail the state and federal governments at will.

That of course was provided the Tech Viper could get the program uploaded.

"What the hell!!" he yells suddenly as a ridiculous amount of spam flashes over the screen "NO I don't need a new Christmas account its only Septemeber!!, No I want the logon screen!!" Another round of cursing ensues as he fights for control of the computer, and all the while he never sees the shadow slip up behind him. hes about to give up and just shoot the computer when a powerful blow collides with the base of his neck and suddenly all he can see if blackness, and the face of the actress selling the banks newest auto loans smiling back at him mockingly.

The Shadow slips quietly away and as he does reaches up to his ear and whispers quietly "Let your new friends know theyre clear up here, then see if you can get a handle on whats going on, Ill get back to the nest soon as possible, and Be careful they aren't playing around this time" he admonishes Skylark, then after hearing the reply he slips quietly into place standing cooly where he was as Shock finishes off the Night Viper with a last move.

--ooOoo--

Down on the first Floor Aegis Silver Avenger Matye Sanchez makes an entrance along with several members of the Asault team with her. She looks around and then rolls her eyes and shakes her head good naturedly.

"All this effort you could've saved us a couple" she chuckles warmly. "We got bellicose below, nice number you did on that brute, and your friends delivering Armadillo now, have you cleared the floors?"

With Armadillos being dropped and Shock clearing house on the third floor this battles done and you all won

Get some final roleplay in before we end the prelims and move onto the main event

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Shock
        HP: 1
        Condition: Bruised 1, Fatigued

Chris checked the rest of the floor before reporting in. He raised an eyebrow at the unconscious VIPER techie in the adjoining room. He had an idea who was responsible but decided not to pursue the issue aside from a subtle nod of thanks. "The building is clear and the hacker is down."

Comment

Kris Majax

Kris turns on his comms. "Okay team, gather back up here on the first floor so we can get briefed on additional hot spots."

He looks over at Skylark. "You really handle yourself well. And while I was only half kidding about the job app, we could really use some help stopping Viper's big play."

And hopefully last.
          [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
            HP: 0
            Cnd: -3 dmg res., Fatigued
            Loc.: Cal Fed and Savings

After delivering Armadillo to the authorities a rush of air swept into the bank's main floor and there was Bastion tall and proud. It a torn and singed costume and a handful of his of cuts, bruises, and burns. The last meter or so Bastion walked at a normal pace to join up with the Protectors, Skylard and the AEGIS assault team that had been just a step behind the team of empowered humans. He gave a single thumbs up to those present.

"We have any word on other VIPER movements?"
            Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Kris Majax

Just waiting for an update from the fine AEGIS folks," Kris says as he taps Bastion's shoulder with his staff, healing the hero's injuries.

OOC
              Better service than any HMO Doctor, and no co-pay!
              [HR][/HR][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/60-Kenseido-s-Menagerie"]Kenseido's Menagerie of Characters[/URL]

Comment

Shock
                Condition: Bruised 1, Fatigued

After checking to be sure that no one was hurt, Chris met up with the rest of the group on the first floor of the bank, slightly winded. "Nobody hurt, I guess?"

Comment

Kris Majax

"With me around, are you kidding? Are any of the hostages in need of some medical attention?"

OOC
                  Heal Shock and then any hostages that need emergency attention.

Comment

Shock
                    Condition: Fatigued

Chris shook his head. "Nothing the paramedics can't handle."

Comment

Hornet:
                      [Kirk McGlothlin]
                      LP: 0

Hornet buzzed about the gathering heroes. "Well, that's another snake pit tamed and we're still in one piece." He looked around at the other heroes, "Makes me worried what VIPER's end goal is."

Comment

Kris Majax

"There doing an all out blitz and coming up short. We should expect a 'Hail Mary' soon."

For some reason, Kris felt like he should be wearing a suit and fedora when he said that.

Comment

Dragonfyre

Cracking his neck, Tony walks in," Thanks Aya...if nothing else, we frustrated them." Looking at the others gathered, Tony nods, "I agree...however, something seems off. These attacks...they are poorly coordinated. Even the cyber attacks are...well, amateurish? Just smells fishy..." Tony trails off as he looks around at the bigger brains in the group.

Comment

Skylark
                            Condition: Bruised 3 / HP: 2

"Let your new friends know theyre clear up here, then see if you can get a handle on whats going on, Ill get back to the nest soon as possible, and Be careful they aren't playing around this time"
                            "Gotcha," Skylark whispers into her earpiece. "You take care of yourself. Taking on a basket of snakes on your own? That's what you would call 'recklessly irresponsible' if I were the one doing it." She grins.

Originally posted by kenseido View Post
                            Kris Majax"No problem. You'll get credit as a work-study program. It will look great on your college applications. You also get full medical." He waves his hand and heals the injuries the young heroine took earlier in the fight.
                            Originally posted by kenseido View Post
                            Kris MajaxHe looks over at Skylark. "You really handle yourself well. And while I was only half kidding about the job app, we could really use some help stopping Viper's big play."
                            "Thanks!" Skylark beams at the praise, stretching and cracking her knuckles as the healing energy washes over her. She has a couple of nasty bruises, and some cuts and nicks from her brush with VIPER, but nothing serious. "I like you, Dumbledore. And the rest of you old folks aren't too bad yourselves."

She tosses her ponytail. "Guess I'll be taking the work-study program after all. Oh, and I'm sure you guys figured out by now, but Dad says the floor's clear."

She frowns at what Hornet and Bastion say, then shrugs. "I was hoping you guys know what's going on. They've been oddly active lately and are bringing out ridiculous amounts of heavies."

"If you guys have any clue what they're up to, I'll gladly come kick their butts for you."

Comment

Shock
                              Condition: Fatigued

Chris raised an eyebrow at Skylark. "Dad?"

Comment

Everyone

Whatever response Skylark might give Shock is interrupted as Elenas voice suddenly breaks through the static that's been playing like a dull hum since Vipers attack on the teams HQ. 'Guys are you there? We finally got Comms up, Karen was locked in the danger room control room by the security lockdown."

"Hi guys!" comes Karens voice chipper as always. "Hey Kris, your little green friends pretty handy with the tools he helped me jury rig..." she hesitates a second "Something weird but it works."

A small squeaky voice is heard in the background "Gretchen likes to fix."

"At any rate we managed to get Aya re-integrated with the Bay City grid and I've got good news and bad news." She pauses to let it sink in "The good news is whatever this mess Vipers started is, it seems to be mostly contained, Aegis has troops on the ground and is reinforcing Local authorities in conjunction with the Military. Also The other Hero teams reacted quickly and managed to contain the worst of the damage."

"The Bad news though is it looks like Viper was using those as distractions to hit California as a whole, They concentrated their efforts here, and were in the last few minutes of the game so to speak."

"We coordinated with Aegis and they think they've got 3 major targets Vipers hitting before they make the final push, if you can stop them Aegis is confident that youll Force Viper to push its time table up drastically and we can finish hem off."

"Shes correct." Agent Coulsons voice sounds off on the line "Were linked in with you guy so we can coordinate a response statewide with the other hero Teams. Vipers made a move on three major targets in simultaneous strikes. Were holding them off but they brought in major Super powered back up so I don't know how long we can hold out."

"We can coordinate transport and tactical but its up to you guys to take down the forces and give us time to protect their last target." he finishes as Elena picks up the brief.

"We think theyre going for the Legislature in Sacramento and the Govenors office." she pauses a second and takes a deep breath to steayd her voice. "Guys the president is there."

She lets that sink in before continuing "She was on statewide tour and was scheduled to speak at an event in Sacramento before heading to Bay City. Secret Service tried to get her out but couldn't because of Viper anti-Air, Shes secure for now but we think they'll hit them soon."

"Here are your targets." Agent Coulson adds in "The Water Reservoir and Filtration system in San Jose, The Diablo Canyon nuclear reactor, and the PGE Main hub in Fremont if all 3 fall the could cut off power for half the State and render water in the norcal area unuseable, and I don't even need to remind you what Viper could do with the materials from the areas last active Nuclear reactor, You've got to stop them at all costs good luck."

I know you've been fighting hard all day guys but this is the big push, we need you guys to really take them to town ok?" She pauses "Good luck and be careful."

"Hey Hornet you better get back safe." Karen adds in "you owe me dinner at the wharf."

Agent Sanchez joins you guys after speaking with Coulson and quickly lays out the situation at the 3 hot zones, and the Opposition at each. The firepower is formidable and so is the Oppostion but Sanchez gives you all thumbs up and a smile that lets you know shes thinks you can do it.

then when your ready youre whisked off to the zone you choose where the battles begin in earnest.

Ok build up for the Finale time to test your writing skills

3 zones Water treatment facility, Nuclear reactor, PGE main Electrical Hub

Each Hot Spot is being hit by 4 five teams, 2 Mech Vipers, 2 Steel Serpent armors, 2 Python light tanks, an Anaconda heavy tank

and lastly the Super Villains

At the Water Facility: Brick, and Komodo

Nuclear Facility: Citadel

PGE: Vehement and Faultline

So how this works

the events are happening simultaneously which means you have to split into teams

You don't need to roll you may describe all action including taking down the Super villains. heres your chance to earn hero points for the final battle

Hero points rewarded for the following

Heroic actions (Save innocents, save Aegis troops and soldiers, etc) = 1hp
                                Every Bruised/injured, = 1hp (max of 2)
                                Every staggered/Disabled worth 2hp (be careful there Kris cant heal those, and obviously this one can only be awarded once)
                                If youre fatigued that's a HP too.
                                And as always I award for flare and creativity. As I know every single one of you is an exceptional player I expect to award this one for all

So a potential 7 HP for the final confrontation

The end result of each vignette should be you guys arriving at the Sacramento Aegis HQ.

Also if you guys want to Bypass this we can and well head to the finale but you might be in for some serious problems there as I put some heavy resistance there for you.

Ill have a post in the OOC giving a brief description of each villain and as always if you have any questions let me know.

good writing guys
                                Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Working...
                                X