X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Heroes Unlimited: Rise of the Sphinx

Shock
    HP: 2 LP: 0

Chris quickly approached the first cop that wasn't actively involved in the evacuation. "I need to speak to the officer in charge." As soon as that officer was delivered, he pointed at the mall. "My colleague and I need to get inside. There could be a lot riding on catching this guy. Unfortunately, we can't wait for the area to be secured."
    Last edited by Shock; 06-15-2016, 04:47 PM.

Comment

Shock and Powerfist

The cop doesn't hesitate as he recognizes him and grants you both access to the mall. the cops have the area secured and the evacuation is going well so far. He tells you that they think there might be some people inside and to be on the lookout for them. The alleged bomber hasn't yet made any demands save that if anyone enters the building theyd be ""Roasted like a Christmas turkey.""

As the two of you approach a likely point of entrance youre both on your guard as who knows what awaits you inside.

Access granted perception checks wouldn't hurt at all here.
      Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Shock

Comment

BASTION (Tyler Battle)
          HP: 2
          Cnd: Healthy
          Loc.: Sanctuary, Ruby Redd's trailer

Bastion was patient, allowing Ruby to gather herself and speak at her own pace without interruption of interjections. The same quiet continued as she told her story. Only when she mentioned the recent events that included Shock and Dark Angel did he comment. Though he spoke directly to Hornet, he put forth no effort to conceal his words from the red haired criminal slash model.

"It may be a good idea to talk to Shock about his and Dark Angel's experience about this. It may jog his memory."

He did not say any more after that. Not until Ruby had finished her story and given them her warnings about the villainious Facet members.

"I appreciate the warning, and thank you for sharing this personal experience of Facet with us. You have given us some insight into their background, and now we have another alias for Topaz to look into. That is something."

There was a pause as the muscular youth turned his head to Hornet, looking to see if he had anything more he wanted to say or ask of their hostess while they had her attention. Then he looked back to Ms. Redd.

"We do not want to take up too much more of your time. If you can think of any hold outs these people might be using to work out of, please let us know."
          Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Hornet:
            [Kirk McGlothlin]
            LP: 2

"It may be a good idea to talk to Shock about his and Dark Angel's experience about this. It may jog his memory."
            The shrinking hero simply nods his head in agreement.

Once Ruby had finished talking, Hornet is quiet while Bastion thanks her for sharing what she knew about Topaz and Facet. "Thank you." It's quietly spoken and heavy with sympathy, which made him feel bad about asking the following question. "Would it be possible for the Masters to help us find Facet?"

Comment

Powerfist

" Lets go punch him in the face." Powerfist said cracking her oversized mechanical knuckles.

Perception check 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29
              Extended xray vision

Comment

Shock and Powerfist

As the two of you approach the doorway you've marked as a good entry point Shock notices a small flux in the electrical field near the door and finds a small laser grid across the doorway. When he points it out though Susan sees what its attached to and she stops Shock from going further as she points It out and then teleports them inside.

Attached to the door is a Plasma claymore. Yet again one of her designes perverted by this lunatic. This one has been modified to be even nastier then its military counterpart. It spews a combination of superheated flechette shards in a wide cone.

A quick look around finds another door with a similar set up in a bouncing betty style of mine.

The danger is very real now as the pair investigate deeper.

A quick tech check dc 20 can disarm the mine and any others.

most of them are hidden but those were great perception checks so youre aware of them and can find them easily.

Advance ye further heroes
                Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

Comment

Hornet and Bastion

"I doubt the guys would want in on another confrontation with them." she chuckles wryly. "I'm not to fond of the idea myself quite frankly."

She thinks for a moment then writes down a pair of addresses on a piece of paper before handing it to Hornet. "check those two locations out, no promises to their veracity but they were planning spots and safe houses for the original gang, Chelsea's a master of deception, but the rest aren't that disciplined."

As she says this theres a knock on the door and a young lady--rubys assistant--pokes her head in goggles for a moment at the pair of you then informs her that her next appearance is in a couple of hours.

She sighs dramtically seeming to say the life of a fabulous actress and model as she steps behind a curtain and the sounds of clothes being changed eminates from behind it.

"Well guys I'm back to work. I hope you guys catch them..." she says as she steps out from behind the curtain revealing her outfit a slim form fitting black dress that hugs her curves at all the right places and reveals enough leg and cleavage to be tantalizing without being tacky. She fastens a gem studded necklace and bracelet on along with a pair of earrings.

She does a little model twirl for you guys then smiles brilliantly at you as she makes to leave the trailer. then she pauses a moment before looking at Hornet long and hard as if deeply considering something. Then she turns to him and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek and places something in his hand.

"For luck, if you get in trouble just rub it three times." she waves by and then leaves as gracefully as she entered. "Tell Christian if you see him again I look forward to our next dance

When Hornet opens his palm he finds that shes handed him a small jade pendant with a Chinese marking on it.

you guys basically have the rest of the day to explore Sanctuary if you have any heroes or villains you want to meet and talk to beyond that you guys are set

don't forget hornets new good luck charm

Comment

Shock

"OK, now I really hate this guy. This thing is sick."
                    Chris carefully approached the thing from behind. "We need to take care of these before someone gets killed. Come at it from here and you'll be out of the line of fire."

Expertise:Security Aid check: 1D20 + 12 = [1]+12 = 13 Well at least it's good for a +2 to Powerfist's check

Comment

Hornet:
                      [Kirk McGlothlin]
                      LP: 2

"I doubt the guys would want in on another confrontation with them." she chuckles wryly. "I'm not to fond of the idea myself quite frankly."

She thinks for a moment then writes down a pair of addresses on a piece of paper before handing it to Hornet. "check those two locations out, no promises to their veracity but they were planning spots and safe houses for the original gang, Chelsea's a master of deception, but the rest aren't that disciplined."
                      Hornet nods his head. "Fair enough, thanks for the help." He'd meant more for the Masters to perhaps try and use their underworld connections rather than give physical help, but he understood that Ruby's talking to he and Bastion like this was already breaking a number of unwritten rules as it were. No need to push things anymore than they already had.

As she says this theres a knock on the door and a young lady--rubys assistant--pokes her head in goggles for a moment at the pair of you then informs her that her next appearance is in a couple of hours.

She sighs dramtically seeming to say the life of a fabulous actress and model as she steps behind a curtain and the sounds of clothes being changed eminates from behind it.

"Well guys I'm back to work. I hope you guys catch them..." she says as she steps out from behind the curtain revealing her outfit a slim form fitting black dress that hugs her curves at all the right places and reveals enough leg and cleavage to be tantalizing without being tacky. She fastens a gem studded necklace and bracelet on along with a pair of earrings.

She does a little model twirl for you guys then smiles brilliantly at you as she makes to leave the trailer. then she pauses a moment before looking at Hornet long and hard as if deeply considering something. Then she turns to him and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek and places something in his hand.

"For luck, if you get in trouble just rub it three times." she waves by and then leaves as gracefully as she entered. "Tell Christian if you see him again I look forward to our next dance."
                      The Insect Avenger catches the item in his hand. I'll pass it along." Another reminder that it had been a while since Hornet had talked with the missing mage, something else he needed to look into once this current threat was dealt with.

When Hornet opens his palm he finds that shes handed him a small jade pendant with a Chinese marking on it.
                      Hornet studies the pendant for a moment, his suit's scanners telling him there was an unusual energy signature in the gem itself but nothing harmful (not that he expected anything really), then he carefully puts it in one of the compartments of his armor for safe keeping.

Comment

Powerfist

"Be thankful he's only using them like conventional explosives, it could be so much worse. Focus on the arsonist, i'll deal with clean up." Powerfist replied dismantling the device with practiced precision.

Comment

Shock

"All right. Be careful. Don't rush it."
                          Chris moved on, using Powerfist's confidence as assurance that she had it in hand. In the meantime, he needed to find the arsonist before he had the entire mall wired to blow. Moving with purpose, he headed toward the central area pointing any civilians back toward the entrance that Powerfist was clearing.

Comment

Shock and Powerfist

Between Shocks knowledge of security procedures and Powerfists tech skills Susan is able to rapidly disarm the multiple booby traps in the area allowing for safer entry by the authorities when the time is right. As Powerfist finishes up she heres a snap discharge of lightning and a woooshing roar that proceeds Shock backflipping away from a virtual wall of fire chases after him like some demented tidal wave.

Shock slides backwards across the tile floors some of which are cracked by the immense heat and stops next to her. His keen awareness allowed him to find the bomber happily at work on his device and his keen reflexes allowed him to avoid the massive wash fo flame the man sent his way when he suddenly turned on the spot and yelled "FRY HERO!!"

walking around a corner flames licking at the barrel of the hand held flame unit he carries, is a man in a black jump suit with orange flame patterns whose well known in superhero circles.

Blowtorch.

A serial arsonist all too willing to light a school bus full of kids on fire just to make a buck, or more likely to watch them cook. A sick individual as ever there were one.

"Well well, two heroes, this is my lucky day, double the hero, double the burn!!" He yells as he breaks into a mad cackling and lets fly with another roar of flame which fills the air as the two heroes avoid it by the skin of their costumes. The searing hear causing sweat to break out on their skins as it passes them by.

thatd be this gent

lets have initiative please and proceed to the well deserved butt kicking.

Blowtorch 10

hmm seems even karma doesn't like this guy

Comment

Dragonfyre
                              HP:1 Cnd: Raging Blaze

Heat and fire briefly flare up around the pair as their elemental signatures combine. For Tony, it was like basking in the sun, a feeling pleasant and satisfying. With reluctance, the young dragon let Lexia go and looked down at her. The grin that spread across his face was a genuine as it could be. Nothing had prepared him for her return...nothing. For a span of three heartbeats he could say nothing. He could only absorb her presence. Then with a slow rumble, "Tell you everything? I..." Tony frowns, for a moment, his brain goes blank. All that went through his mind at the moment was...mine...she is MINE...along with a deep throated growl that ruble the area around the two elementals. The urge to take her and hide her away was incredibly strong. An urge to possess and protect that went beyond primal.

Suddenly every muscle tightens in his body as he fights to regain control...as he pushes through the flames and hunger. Then, as quickly as it surface, it subsides. Taking a quick step back, Tony shakes his head and whispers, "Sorry..." The look that plays across his face is no longer a grin. It is embarrassment. "I..." Taking a deep breath, Tony tries to start over, "Sorry, I sometimes have to remember that not everything is mine. "

Then, with a serious look," Are you hungry? I know a great Asian Barbeque in Chinatown. They have nearly anything you could ever want." As Tony asks, scales swirl across his features again. "I've done a lot and this could take some time. Besides, I want a date before you disappear again." The statement is as direct as it is brutal. A huge part of was afraid that she would just disappear and never show up again. And, a part of him had a sneaky suspicion that she might have an insight of what exactly was going on within him. Holding his hand out, Tony awaited her reply.

Comment

Dragonfyre

She seems to understand everything Tonys feeling in that brief moment of heat and flame and warmth. She even doesn't appear ruffled in the slightest as she seems to breath in the warmth hes giving off as if it were the scent of some flower. The smile on her face never falters and only seems to grow as Tony fights to regain himself and she cant help but laugh. its a pleasing sound and best described as kawaii with Tony almost hearing some of his anime loving friends squeezing in the distance.

She looks at Tonys offered hand as he ask about the BBQ joint, puts her finger to her lips as she looks up and away as if thinking very carefully on the matter hmming as she does before getting a mischievous grin and asking "Do they have spicy sauce?"

She takes Tonys hand and wait to be taken in whatever fashion he has in mind to the restaurant hes indicated.

Comment

Working...
                                X