No announcement yet.

The Ruin (Horror) (Recruitment closed)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] The Ruin (Horror) (Recruitment closed)

Something is happening to the world. You can all feel it. It's not some kind of big catastrophe like an earthquake or a tornado. But you can sense it vibrating in your bones. A sense of utter wrongness has come over everything. People are going missing or become irrationally aggressive. The authorities try their best to deny it, but they know it, too. Murders and assault are becoming more and more commonplace.
    Something has changed. And if it is not stopped, ruin may come over the world...

I need 4-5 PL 4 characters. No superpowers, contemporary setting. Would be good if all PCs come from the same city and if the characters know each other.

Phillip Dremmon by flynnarrel
    Abigail Shay by Baconboy
    Eddie Blake by Nevius
    Maria Tamden by whiteprofit
    Dr. Rafael Santos by Evolución
    Last edited by Neo-Paladin; 02-06-2015, 01:06 AM.

Re: Interest check: Horror-themed game

Love the idea. Love it like a fat kid loves cake.

Count me in.
    Eppur si muove

Current Characters
    Gauss - Twin Forks Defenders
    Starstorm - Established Heroes Shape the Multiverse
    Dragon Fist - Power Struggle

Comment

Yes please yes.
      Kit Andersen/GravityBoy! - Whole Family of Supers
      GM - Super Framily Plan
      Captain Thunder - Victory Legion!

Comment

I'm game.

The character I'd be playing is Thebault Haberdasher, world renowned psychic and author of may spiritual books such as "Help My House was built on a Burial Ground" and "Top 100 Haunted Dive Bars" and of course the acclaimed multinational book "The Ghosts told me to do it" as well as his series of self-help books such as "Fifty Charms for Daily Living" "Unconscious Connections: Hypnotizing Yourself in just Ten Minutes a Day"

Well, in actuality, Thebault is a sham. A con man of sorts who's pretty face and dashing (perhaps a little chauvinistic) demeanor has charmed many a lady and man alike. Those who get past those charms, realize he's a sham, who never will amount to much of anything. And they would be wrong. And really, that is because in truth, he is one of the few people out there with some actual spiritual power. Not that anyone can really confirm this however and sound sane. Much of his power is subtle, small little ebbs and flows of energy that weigh down on his foes, be they the audience or creatures that go bump in the night.

Of particular note is his pocket watch. A gift from a his father and the father before him. Woven in gypsy gold, while not the source of his power, it certainly helps him through his troubles.
        Triskavanski's Graveyard of Characters

Comment

I'd hope to get at least 4 votes of interest before I open this up for recruitment.

Comment

Can I be interested twice? lol. Jk.
            Kit Andersen/GravityBoy! - Whole Family of Supers
            GM - Super Framily Plan
            Captain Thunder - Victory Legion!

Comment

In theory I'm spread pretty thin at the moment but depending on how various games pan out I might be very interested in this. Don't quite know what I want to play yet but the world sounds interesting.
              ^( ;,; )^

My Builds

Comment

Apart from superhero rpg'ing I actually love horror themed games the most.
                I've been playing in a achtung cthulhu game since almost a year and have done some stints in Call of Cthulhu as well.

I'm really interested in a game like this. I have a character in mind that should be a perfect fit (depending on backdrop).

BB

Comment

that should make 4 of us I believe

Comment

Just checking back in. Hoping there's some life left to this idea.

Still very excited about the prospect of battling horrors that defy comprehension.
                    Eppur si muove

Current Characters
                    Gauss - Twin Forks Defenders
                    Starstorm - Established Heroes Shape the Multiverse
                    Dragon Fist - Power Struggle

Comment

This sounds great! Throwing in interest. Got room for 1 more?

Comment

I'm presuming the PC'S would be 'regular'/unpowered people?
                        Technically nothing about low PL prevents actual super powers so figured I should check what you had in mind for PCs.

Comment

Yes, you would be unpowered. Just somewhat regular Joes and Janes

Comment

Perfect! I have a rather dapper pugilist in mind for this once recruitment goes up

Comment

Re: The Ruin (Horror) (Recruitment)

Which it now has. Please check the first post again.

Comment

Working...
                              X