Pokemon: Back to Basics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e IC] Pokemon: Back to Basics

Pallet town has seen a considerable expanse in the past 10 years, owed mostly to the fact that Red and Blue both hailed from this tiny Rural town, and in part by the now world famous professor, Oak. Several new stores and homes have been built, and even a Pokecenter. In a short time the town has expanded from only 500 to nearly 10,000!

On this particular spring day, the day just after a certain young man's birthday, three new trainers gather near the new mall. Well there are only five stores, but it's the closest thing to a mall. Each trainer how has their very first pokemon, 5 Pokeballs, and 3000 yen in pocket cash, and each have received permission to venture out into the world.

Today is their first step in a long and incredible journey....
    Last edited by Hound; 01-12-2015, 09:56 AM.
    I am back.

Re: Pokemon: Back to Basics

Mauve and Violet
    HP: 1; Luck: 1
    : 3,000

Mauve looked up at the giant clock that stood over the Pallet Town Mall. It was ten minutes until their meeting time and she had already been waiting for five. She had adopted the philosophy that "Early was On-time, On-time was Late, and Late was Unacceptable" years ago, much to the chagrin of her family. In fact, 4. Punctuality was one of the key ingredients to her training strategy, which she had outlined and printed for her fellow travelers.

Mauve was also smart enough to know she would have to be a little flexible if she was going to work with others. Traveling with other people could be very challenging, but she was prepared to do it. That's why 5. Flexibility was also one of her planned steps to success.
    She checked her gear again, while she waited.
    Suitcase. Check.
    Pokeballs and travel bag. Check.
    Violet. Check.
    Accessories bag with toiletries and makeup. Check.
    Pewter City Bus Ticket. Check.
    Her trainer card and ID. Check.
    Squishy travel pillow and eye mask for sleeping on the bus. Check.

She was good. Ready to go. She smiled, excited for the journey ahead of her. She couldn't wait to get on the way.
    Kit Andersen/GravityBoy! - Whole Family of Supers
    GM - Super Framily Plan
    Captain Thunder - Victory Legion!

Comment

Aiden Black
      HP: 1
      Cnd: Healthy
      Loc.: Mall
      Cash: 3,000

Aiden had some things to do before the trio's adventure cold begin. Aside from taking out the garbage, there were a number of project he'd rushed into completion in his lab. The quest he was about to undertake meant giving up his basement laboratory for the road. The unpredictable, dangerous road where you could only take with you what you could carry. An image of the two girls and himself lugging around lab equipment floated through his mind. They'd never go for it.

It took him a longer than expected, but with his feet pumping the peddles of his shiny black bike, Aiden arrived at the mall somewhere close to the time the three of them had agreed to meet. With the wind throwing his wild brown hair back Aiden lowered his head and sped up to finish the last hundred meters with a rush of speed only to skid to a halt alongside Mauve. In stark contrast to Mauve's abundance of travel gear, Aiden only had his bike and a backpack. Chocolate brown eyes looked over the girl and her belongings before he let out a good natured laugh.

"What is all that?"
      Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Mauve
        HP: 1; Luck: 1
        : 3,000

"Um, my stuff of course," Mauve answers. She eyes the boy back with a worried glance over his lack of belongings. He did not look prepared at all. "Are your parents bringing your bags in the car or something?"
        GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Aiden Black

Sliding his feet off the bike's pedals Aiden braced them on the ground without rising off his seat. Seemed he expected to do some riding rather than mall trolling. A hand raised, gesturing animatedly at his friend's belongings.

"Hey, if you're fine with lugging that stuff all the way to the next town in those shoes, I've no argument."

He paused, stared at Mauve's shoes, and managed to keep form shaking his head. Girls were so weird. Looking up, pale eyelids blinked over brown eyes in response to Mauve's return question.

"What? No. I'm good to go. Anyway, hope Ebony brings a tent, otherwise we all get to share mine."
          Roll Call thread: [url=http://roninarmy.com/threads/54-Character-Cache?p=211&viewfull=1#post211]Character Cache[/url]

Comment

Mauve

A tent? Mauve's head filled with concern. "I thought the Pokemon Centers had beds and housing for trainers in them. What do we need a tent for?"
            GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Alice Ebony
              HP 1
              CONDITION: Fine
              Y: 3,000
              (Ivory Condition: Fine)

"Isn't it obvious?"
              Cooed Alice from somewhere the other two could not see. Then, immediately above the other two young trainers, Alice had jumped from above (on a landing above the other two) to the ground nearby the other two as a means of showing off. Alice, whose back was toward the other two, whipped around on her roller skates and gave a pose of victory (meaning to the other two that she was there now). Ivory, coming from the same direction Alice came from, merely floated toward Alice in a calm fashion. "What happens if we are not in town and it gets too dark outside? We sleep in a form of shelter, thus a tent. Luckily, I brought a spare for myself. Now that we are all here, let's get this show on the road!" And with that, Alice adjusted her backpack accordingly before realizing something.

"Um, by the way, where are we going again?"
              Alice said as she rubbed the back of her head in an embarrassed motion.

Comment

Mauve

Mauve glances around, confused. She leans over to Aiden and mumbles, "How long was she hiding there...?"

Then, hoping to save some face, she offers, "Well, I thought the plan was to go to Pewter City. It was both Red and Blue's first stop on their journeys and is generally agreed upon as a starting gym for trainers. Though, technically, we pass through Viridian first."

Alice's simple backpack does not go unnoticed by Mauve, who begins arranging and stacking her own gear to take up less space. She pulls the handle out of the suitcase like she planned to use it this way all along and stacks her pillow, makeup bag, and pokeball case on top.

"Are we waiting for anyone else?"
                GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Originally posted by OOC
                  General Pokemon Knowledge: Gym leaders scale their battles to match the amount of badges the challenger has. Players are not required to go to any specific gym or town in any order. Travel to Johto is even possible at Viridian City with a water pokemon strong enough to assist in crossing water; as well there is the magnet train in Saffron and Harbor in Vermillion which can reach any region.
                  As the group discussed their first destination, a familiar face was spotted leaving the Pallet Town Mall. A young man named Stewart Maple, an aid of Professor Oak. A tall, thin man, with glasses too big for his head, and, try as he might, his button up shirt was always untucked with a few stains. Most people called him Stew, which he hated with a passion, which only seemed to fuel more people calling him Stew.

With Oak out of town, it is a well known that Stewart takes care of the pokemon on Oak’s ranch behind his lab. Most young people know him well, as they often visit to play with the pokemon. By the way, the pokemon are the cause for the stains on Stewart's clothing.

The scientist spotted the group of trainers and offered a friendly wave, “Happy belated birthday Aiden! Is today finally the big day for you three? Did you remember to pack everything? Maps? Compasses? Food? Pokedex? Can’t start your journey without a Pokedex!”
                  I am back.

Comment

Aiden Black

Aiden opened his moth to respond to Mauve but paused as a voice from nowhere interjected. He blinked, and began to look around. Finally he looked up in time to see Ebony descend on them. Without taking his eyes off of the new arrival he whispered out of the side of his mouth to Mauve.

"Probably forever. That kind of entrance takes preparation and planning if you don't want to break a leg."

The pre-teen the erupted into applause as his hands to came together, clapping, like a one man admiring crowd showing appreciation for the flareful entrance and acrobatic display. It was a quick applause though.

"No. Its just us."

Not long after she showed, another familiar face came wondering by. A hand raised in greeting.

"Thanks professor Maple. Yep. Got the goods right here."

A thumb jerked over his shoulder indicating the backpack he wore.

"Got any last advice for us before we disappear into the annals of history and epicness?"

Comment

Alice Ebony
                      CONDITION: Fine
                      (Ivory Condition: Fine)

"Okay, then to Pewderzidywego."
                      Was what Alice was going to say when she had then dozed off all of a sudden.
                      Of course, watching the ENTIRETY of Professor Oak's television show would definitely tire one out (especially when you watch it non-stop for the past week with barely anything to eat other than what your mother cooked or brought home and the occasional bathroom break, in which all of this was Alice's case). Thus, after suddenly shooting wide awake from dozing off, Alice had then said, "I should be fine without a Pokedex, I mean I did watch Professor Oak's television show about Pokemon for the past 'ump-teen' days- and, boy, let me tell you something." All of this was said sarcastic manner, of course.

Comment

Mauve

Mauve said sheepishly, "I don't have a Pokedex either..." She was feeling less and less prepared every second. How was she ever going to be the champion? She recited the "Steps to Success" in her head. Pokedex wasn't on it, she reminded herself. But then it certainly couldn't hurt.
                        GM - Super Framily Plan

Comment

Maple smiled, "Well a pokedex is not required, just a handy thing to have. If I had any advice, it would be remember that pokemon are alot like humans. They each think and feel and have their own personalities. Many respect strength and power, while others prefer kindness. It's up to you to discover how best to create a connection with your pokemon and draw out their power. Man this is sounding pretty preachy and corny. I wish you the best of luck. If you travel north, you'll reach Viridian city. By foot it can take 2 or 3 days. Be safe and have fun!"
                          I am back.

Comment

Aiden Black

Aiden quietly stared at the professor as he share his insights into pokemon. Most of the ones he had encountered were cute and cuddly. Or a little gross like weedle. Nothing that he'd expect to respect power and strength. Except maybe some of the fighting types. There were some pretty daunting ones he'd seen on TV though ... At length the youth waved goodbye to the departing pokemon prof while addressing his companions.

"Don't worry. One pokedex is good enough."

Then piping up with a note of dyanic energy he smiled at the girls.

"Viridian city sounds like a good check point. A couple days travel will give us time to train with our pokemon and check out some wild ones on the way."

Comment

Alice Ebony
                              HP 1
                              Condition: Fine

"Right, see you another time, Mr. Maple!"
                              Alice said as she waved to the departing aid. "Now, as for the trip, we may need to stock up on some food- about 3 days worth at average. I have my skates, and you have your bike, Aiden. Mauve will most likely need to ride with Aiden, cause I can't have 2 people in my skates. Now, if we run into some wild Pokemon, it would not hurt to train, or even capture, one or two for each, but something like a wild Gyarados would SUCK, cause I am thinking of getting a Good Rod and try to fish for a decent Pokemon when we set up camp for the day. So, I will be back with a Good Rod. Ciao!"

It was at that moment, Ivory (who had just floated beside Ebony that whole time) wiggled his tentacle as a gesture of good-bye to Mr. Maple. Thus, Alice skated off to the closest trainer's shop that had rods for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X