No announcement yet.

The Merge 3E (Recruitment closed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [3e OOC] The Merge 3E (Recruitment closed)

Since people seem to be hankering for traditional superhero games (at least if the threads recruiting are anything to go by), I have decided to throw in my own version as well. Unfortunately, my last game (the DC/Marvel crossover) was killed by the forum transition, but I remember it being a tremendous amount of fun.

An infinite multiverse - infinite possibilities

That, at least, is one of the theories postulated by quantum physicists. Of course, here, in a world without super-science, it is hard to prove...or at least, it was...

Earth-Prime: January the 5th, 2015. Just another test run at the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland. Nothing spectacular.
    Earth-4856: January, the 5th, 2015. A catastrophic engine failure rocks the Carrier, home base and interdimensional ship of the superhero team The Authority...
    Earth-3982: January the 5th, 2015: A superspeed-brawl between the Flash and his arch-nemesis Professor Zoom releases a tiny amount of strange particles...
    Earth-278: January, the 5th, 2015: To synthesize a new element, inventor Tony Stark builds and operates an improvised particle accelerator...
    Earth-9556: January, the 5th, 2015: Doctor Strange collapses a minor hell-dimension that Dormammu was using as a mustering place for an invasion...

A number of other, similar events happened in other universes, a conjunction that was statistically as close to impossible as it could get. But when you have infinite possibilities...
    A massive quantum shift rocked Earth-Prime and all nearby dimensions, followed by a catastrophic disturbance in the substrates between the worlds.
    Wounds opened in the fabric of the megaverse. And as they healed, the worlds, more than 100 of formerly-separate universes, merged, centered on Earth-Prime.
    Suddenly, dozens of people in costumes appeared, followed by entire new landmasses and new cities...followed by new stars in the skies...and new physics. Accidents that should have killed people now gave them superpowers while those who had landed in this new world had to adjust to a world that knew them only as fiction.
    The nations were help- and headless at first, but fortunately, a slew of heroes from a myriad worlds had landed on Earth...and they would do what they did best....

Okay, the basic idea is, as said above, that numerous universes have basically come crashing into this one. Earth-Prime is, or was, for all intents and purposes, our world.
    That has radically changed. New heroes and villains have arrived from a number of worlds. They all know where they hailed from and have, for the most part, found out that their old universes are at the moment unreachable.
    Now, which universes have merged and which new heroes and villains have arrived will be left to the players at character generation. PL would be 11, with 165 pp. You can play an established hero from any source (Wildstorm, Marvel, Marvel Cinematic, DC, Invincible Universe, Watchmen etc.etc.) that you can think of. You can also play as someone who has come into powers fresh. And then, there is a strange phenomenon...some heroes have not crossed over but their Earth-Prime counterparts have received powers instead.

Alrighty, some building basics:

PL is 11, with 165 pp. You can trade up and down 1 PL for 15 pp. PL 12 would be at 150 pp, PL 10 at 180 pp.
    Each rank of Presence nets you a social advantage.
    Skill Points are 1/3 pp.

Also, we are currently mid 2015, the merge occurred about 4-6 months ago. The initial turmoil has cooled down somewhat.
    Also, Earth-Prime was basically our world. That means that many of the famous heroes and villains now showing up are known from various sources, which proved to be very irritating for some...

Current roster:

Jemal: Quasar 2.0 / Cloud Strife
    kirinke: Agrippina Edwige Heterodyne
    Evolucion: Scorpion
    Star Guard: Supergirl / Captain America
    Cappiman: Death Toll / Death Toll v2.0
    Bladewind: Nightwing
    Last edited by Neo-Paladin; 7th August 2017, 01:16 PM.

Re: Interest check: The Merge

Dibs on Moon Knight... I'm also interested.

Comment

Your marvel/dc crossover Rift story was amazingly fun!

I would love to bring back Quasar, unless you'd prefer something fresh.

Comment

No, go ahead Provided this can garner enough interest.

Comment

interested.
          [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

Comment

Definitely interested.
            Old Favourites:[indent][URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/2202-Emerald-City-Knights-(Tree-Earth)?p=93610&viewfull=1#post93610"][color=gray]Henry Marshall/Titan[/color][/URL][/INDENT][indent][url="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1523-Solstice-(3e-Closed-to-New-Interest)?p=60079&viewfull=1#post60079"][color=red]Charles Humberway/Drake[/color][/url][/indent]

Comment

Perhaps, I could dust off an old character of mine from Dungeons and Dragons, I could actually fairly easily build him too, I know just how to and what Items to put on him
              Triskavanski's Graveyard of Characters

Comment

For a second I thought this was called the purge and I have to play Ethan hawke.

Not knowing next to nothing about the invincible line, i'm leaning towards a DC character.

To the Roll Call forum I go to steal... err... borrow some ideas.

Comment

Can we buy or sell PL?

I've got my eye on someone's who's powers would be affordable but take me way over PL.

Comment

Yes, but only one level. PL 12 for 15 points (giving you 150) and PL 9 gives you 180 pp.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong on it, but if say, I'm above PL Cap, like I am for this design down there, It just caps out at 11 points of damage or so. Like I'm just kinda wasting points being that strong with such a big weapon. But if I was to take penalties however, they would reduce the stuff above the cap first before being applied to my actual power?

Garr is suppose to be this big ass wolf-guy with a huge sword he wields one-handed. So I could reduce his str, but then that just makes him weak. Or I could reduce the damage on the sword, but then it doesn't make the power look like its a big sword to me.

Garr Triskavanski - PL 11

Strength 11/5, Stamina 11/5, Agility 8/2, Dexterity 9/3, Fighting 5, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 4

Powers
                      Belt of Physical Perfection: Enhanced Trait 48 (Removable, magical, Strength +6 (+11), Dexterity +6 (+9), Stamina +6 (+11), Agility +6 (+8); Increased Action 2: standard, Permanent)
                      Ring of Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Removable, magical, Every 5 rounds; Persistent)
                      Vorpal Great Sword (Easily Removable)
                      . . Linked Effects
                      . . . . Damage: Strength-based Damage 6 (Linked; DC 32; Dangerous, Impressive)
                      . . . . Vorpal: Affliction 11 (Linked; 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 21; Limited Degree (third only))

Offense
                      Initiative +8
                      Damage: Strength-based Damage 6, +5 (DC 32)
                      Grab, +5 (DC Spec 21)
                      Throw, +9 (DC 26)
                      Unarmed, +5 (DC 26)
                      Vorpal: Affliction 11, +5 (DC Fort 21)

Languages
                      Native Language

Defense
                      Dodge 8, Parry 5, Fortitude 11, Toughness 11, Will 2

Power Points
                      Abilities 54 + Powers 24 + Advantages 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 78

Validation: Complications: At least 2 Complications are required

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
                      Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Comment

Re: The Merge 3E (Recruiting)

Alrighty, we can move this to the recruiting phase. Please read the first post, I updated it with the relevant building info. Have fun!

Comment

Done and done.

Comment

You lost me on the PL buying and selling part. Won't characters at PL 10 be unbalanced than those at PL 12?

Comment

Originally posted by Triskavanski View Post
                              Correct me if I'm wrong on it, but if say, I'm above PL Cap, like I am for this design down there, It just caps out at 11 points of damage or so. Like I'm just kinda wasting points being that strong with such a big weapon. But if I was to take penalties however, they would reduce the stuff above the cap first before being applied to my actual power?

Garr is suppose to be this big ass wolf-guy with a huge sword he wields one-handed. So I could reduce his str, but then that just makes him weak. Or I could reduce the damage on the sword, but then it doesn't make the power look like its a big sword to me.
                              As he's currently statted he can lift 50 tons and will have a hard time hitting.

I'd take strength 7-8 (that's still car flipping/lifting strong), 4-5 strength based damage on the sword (stick some improved crit on it) and bump his attack bonus into double figures.

Originally posted by Shadow Mask View Post
                              You lost me on the PL buying and selling part. Won't characters at PL 10 be unbalanced than those at PL 12?
                              The PL 12s will significantly less points, than the PL 10s, its focused power vs versatility.

Personally I'm planning playing some who got the Juggernauts powers.

Comment

Working...
                              X