No announcement yet.

Twin Forks Defenders (OOC)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Twin Forks Defenders (Closed to new interest)

@bladewind: thanks much. You're my hero.

@crazyivan777: I concur with Arthur Eld on the free skill points and lack of damaging effects fronts. It's not my character, but right now silhouette can't actually damage anyone. Unless her main offense is to use TK to hurl things at people? But I dig the concept and the build. Myself, I'd use the extra points to give her some damaging effects. I mean that as an observer, not as GM, though, so do what you will

Comment

Holy Census Bureau, Batman!

Comment

Originally posted by areapostrema View Post
        @bladewind: thanks much. You're my hero.
        I aim to please !
        (so you aim too, please.)
        [QUOTE=Enigmatic One;178799][FONT=Verdana]Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[URL="https://www.dropbox.com/s/0m9d5ob31w5pfjw/Earth%20218.pdf?dl=0"]Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting[/URL]
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/28-Blade-s-Third-Edition-Builds?p=109&viewfull=1#post109"]Blade's Builds[/URL]

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1554-The-Merge-3E-(OOC)?p=124944#post124944"]The Merge Character Sheet Lists[/URL]
        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/4284-The-Merge-Cosmic-Quandaries-3e-Interest-check?p=167246&viewfull=1#post167246"]The Cosmic Merge Character Sheet List[/URL]

Comment

Gauss - PL 10

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 1, Awareness 2, Presence 1

Advantages
          All-out Attack, Extraordinary Effort, Favored Environment: Airborne, Improved Critical 2: Magnetic Blast, Improved Critical 2: Magnetic Projectiles, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 6, Redirect, Taunt, Teamwork

Skills
          Deception 9 (+10), Expertise: Current Events 4 (+5), Expertise: Metahumans 5 (+6), Insight 4 (+6), Investigation 4 (+5), Perception 7 (+9), Ranged Combat: Throw 4 (+6), Technology 4 (+5)

Powers
          Costume (Removable)
          . . Ferromagnetic Materials: Feature 1 (Notes: Provides materials for Metal Binding, and Metallic Projectiles)
          Magnetic Aura: Protection 8 (magnetic, +8 Toughness; Sustained)
          Magnetic Control
          . . Magnetic Blast: Damage 12 (magnetic, DC 27; Increased Range: ranged)
          . . Magnetic Field: Burst Area Move Object 10 (magnetic, 25 tons; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20; Limited Material: Ferrous Substances)
          . . Magnetic Projectiles: Damage 10 (projectile, DC 25; Accurate: +2, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Penetrating; Source: Ferrous Metals)
          . . Magnetism: Move Object 10 (magnetic, 25 tons; Increased Range: perception, Precise; Limited Material: Ferrous Substances)
          . . Metal Bindings: Cumulative Affliction 12 (1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Strength, DC 22; Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree, Source: Ferrous Metal)
          . . Metallic Construct: Create 10 (magnetic, Volume: 1000 cft., DC 20; Innate, Movable; Source: Ferrous Metals)
          Magnetic Leviation: Flight 8 (magnetic, Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)
          Perceive EM Spectrum: Senses 5 (Acute: Detect Magnetic Fields, Detect: Magnetic Fields 2: ranged, Infravision, Ultravision)

Offense
          Initiative +5
          Grab, +2 (DC Spec 11)
          Magnetic Blast: Damage 12, +8 (DC 27)
          Magnetic Field: Burst Area Move Object 10 (DC 20)
          Magnetic Projectiles: Damage 10, +10 (DC 25)
          Magnetism: Move Object 10 (DC 20)
          Metal Bindings: Cumulative Affliction 12, +8 (DC Fort/Will 22)
          Throw, +12 (DC 16)
          Unarmed, +2 (DC 16)

Complications
          Motivation: Recognition: Gauss is ready to show the world that he is the next big-thing in superheroics.
          Motivation: Thrills: Cocky, head-strong, and supremely confident is his powers, Gauss is never one to back down from a challenge.
          Power Loss: Gauss can only manipulate materials with sufficent ferromagnetic properties. He has no control over metals such as aluminium, lead, or titanium, or non-metallic objects such as wood or organic materials.
          Additionally, high temperatures weaken magnetic fields and can affect his powers.
          Power Loss: Although Gauss' costume is equipped with ferromagnetic bands that can be used in combat, they can be taken away (at the GM's discretion)

Languages
          Native Language

Defense
          Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 10, Toughness 10, Will 8

There's one in every class; the kid who thinks he already knows everything he needs to know. Michael Morris was that kid.

A student of the Claremont Academy, Michael had high-hopes of honing his magnetic powers and becoming a shining star in the superhuman community. His mind was filled with ambitions of joining the Freedom League, fighting super-villains, and being a hero. But the instructors at Claremont seemed more interested in tedious lessons then in preparing Michael on his destiny as a superhero. It was all well and good to learn how to use his powers safely and responsibly, but over time Michael began to realize that the Claremont Academy was only holding him back from his real potential.

And then the news broke about Twin Forks; a city in need of a signature hero. Michael saw his opportunity and decided that he had learned everything he could from Claremont. Leaving the Academy behind, he took up a new moniker as Gauss; the Magnetic Man. It was time to show everyone what he could really do.
          Last edited by Nevius; 12-28-2014, 11:56 PM.
          Eppur si muove

Current Characters
          Gauss - Twin Forks Defenders
          Starstorm - Established Heroes Shape the Multiverse
          Dragon Fist - Power Struggle

Comment

GAAH, spent free time at work today trying to write out a response with my phone - slow and agonizing process - and then finally went to hit send, and it timed out then lost the post when I tried. ><

@Jemal-- As always, your creativity impresses.
            Thank you.

1) How does the IDIC relate to the Guardians of Time (Freedomverse's time guardians)? Does Rift work alongside Dr. Tomorrow (Freedomverse's resident time hero)? Is IDIC just another name for the Guardians of Time? The Guardians report to extradimensional god-like entities called Time-Keepers, not an overarching force. Does your character have an ultimate identity other than Rift? Does he have a home time and place?
            As I said before, I know almost nothing about freedomverse but it does sound like the organizations might work together. The IDIC is more about dimensional travel than Time Travel, so the two would complement each other, I think.
            As for Identity, He basically gave himself over to the QForce, his home is essentially a forgotten, unimportant part of his distant past.

2) Immunity: Precog will annoy Foreshadow endlessly. If you're both accepted, you'll need to be sure you're on the same page with that. Particularly because I'm going to be a jerk about it in combat...
            He could always take me as a complication :P
            Seriously though, if Either of you think it would lessen his enjoyment of the game, I'll drop it.

3) I'm cool with your powers working as they are set up now. The source books have heroes an villains with dimensional / teleport powers that make use of similar hand-waving flavor (See: Vortex's variable damage effect and Kid Singularity's version of black hole).

4) That being said, I don't know what "Features: Temporal Inertia, Removed from Spacetime" do, and I could use a description or some design notes on those. Also, if you're removed from time, shouldn't you have Immunity: Aging, too? Also, you don't seem to have any Movement: Dimension powers. Is that a stunt you pull when it's time to hop realms or a GM story event?
            I usually view Features/Benefits as a sort of Circumstantial/Not Fully Defined benefits. Basically things you can say "Hey I have 'KEYWORD', could that help me at all in this situation?"
            Temporal Inertia is actually one of the example features in the book - you're basically immune to temporal changes (You notice if timelines change, etc). It basically never comes into play unless the GM specifically brings time travel into things, I'm considering dropping it.
            I'll probably replace it with the immunity: Aging.

He doesn't have Dimensional travel powers, he goes where the QForce sends him (In other words, it's basically a plot element/background fluff). If you'd Like it to come into play during the game, you could always Give me an HP to take over the character with QForce Guidance, and then tell me to use said HP on a Power Stunt: Dimensional Travel.

5) I could use the traditional Age, Weight, Height, Occupation blurb at the top, too.
            Will do.
            Last edited by Jemal; 12-25-2014, 03:11 AM.

Comment

I just noticed the post about the alternate game. I'd be down for submitting Cheshire for a villain's game if he doesn't make it for this one. I don't even have to change his background that much.

However, I could design another villain instead....
              What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

Minor updates to Rift

Comment

Originally posted by Jemal View Post
                  Minor updates to Rift

Responding on your phone is always the worst sort of gamble.

I'd forgotten that you didn't know much about the Freedomverse. So how about we just make the QForce part of the house universe, rather than try and stick it within one of the established systems. Does Rift retain knowledge of all his past dimension visits, or is he more of a "in the moment" kind of guy?

I'm fine with dimensional movement being a power stunt for you. I just wanted to be sure I understood the build. Immunity: aging makes sense to me.

Comment

I'm another guy who doesn't know that much about the Freedomverse, which is partly why I left a lot of stuff in Miss Mighty's backstory kinda vague. I figured that you could decide on appropriate specifics yourself if she ends up in the game. Y'know, tie it into the campaign and all that.
                    Last edited by Onion Bubs; 12-25-2014, 02:07 PM.
                    It's Onion Bubs, not Onion Bulbs. Noel, Noel, my name has no l.
                    I create characters and put them here when I can be bothered.

Currently playing:

Comment

Apex is now updated to his, hopefully, final build.

Now with background!! Yay!
                      Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
                      Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
                      Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

A helpful hint for those here who don't have a good knowledge of the Freedomverse: My RL group's nickname for it is the "Basicallyverse". Meaning that most of the NPCs are basically proxies of Marvel/DC characters with either slight differences or really clever twists.

Example: The Centurion is Superman with a Roman Empire theme, Daedalus is Iron Man with a mythological twist, the Factor Four are the Fantastic Four if they were criminals, Omega is Darkseid/Thanos on a multiversal scale.

If anyone who's not familiar with the verse REALLY wants to work some of it into their backstory, I offer my services as a guide to it.

Also, Merry Christmas to everyone here!
                        What has four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon and three legs in the evening? I don't know, but I trapped it in my bedroom. Send help.

Comment

I'd forgotten that you didn't know much about the Freedomverse. So how about we just make the QForce part of the house universe, rather than try and stick it within one of the established systems. Does Rift retain knowledge of all his past dimension visits, or is he more of a "in the moment" kind of guy?
                          That works. He still remembers everything he's done, but unless you make it important, it's just background. I might use it as flavour for some HP uses (Inspiration/etc), but other than that I doubt it'll matter.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamking89 View Post
                            A helpful hint for those here who don't have a good knowledge of the Freedomverse: My RL group's nickname for it is the "Basicallyverse". Meaning that most of the NPCs are basically proxies of Marvel/DC characters with either slight differences or really clever twists.

Example: The Centurion is Superman with a Roman Empire theme, Daedalus is Iron Man with a mythological twist, the Factor Four are the Fantastic Four if they were criminals, Omega is Darkseid/Thanos on a multiversal scale.

If anyone who's not familiar with the verse REALLY wants to work some of it into their backstory, I offer my services as a guide to it.

Also, Merry Christmas to everyone here!
                            First of all, Merry Christmas to you too.

Secondly, are there any notable science-y characters or organisations? Ones that maybe might have thought to investigate the phenomena of Twin Forks once the magical protection went down?
                            It's Onion Bubs, not Onion Bulbs. Noel, Noel, my name has no l.
                            I create characters and put them here when I can be bothered.

Currently playing:

Comment

The Atom Family are the good Fantastic Four version who do scientific investigation or Daedulus

Comment

Originally posted by Corrigon View Post
                                The Atom Family are the good Fantastic Four version who do scientific investigation or Daedulus
                                Or you could go with AEGIS, the Freedomverse's SHIELD parody. They get used more as a super hero FBI, but they've got scientists.

Wikipedia has a halfway decent list of analogies for those interested:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_City
                                Last edited by areapostrema; 12-26-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X