Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitter
    started a topic [2e OOC] Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

In life, you were done an injustice and you died because of it. It was tragic enough for the spirits to mark your soul. Once every year on the last day of the year, five people are given their second chance at life, but only for vengeance. They come out of their graves and seek the ones who killed them or had them killed (sometimes both). The spirits give them one year to do so. These five souls are also interconnected. They usually find each other and form a band of retribution seekers. If you avenge your death, you will receive a second chance at life, or you can pass on to the afterlife. If you do not avenge your death within 365 days of your rising, you will fall to dust. No one will remember you ever existed, as if you were never there.

PL8, 120 points. For free, you will get a null Constitution score, immunity to Fortitude and resurrection every 24 hours. You will also get communication link to the rest of the group. the resurrection will go away after you have done your duty. the communication link will go away after all of you have finished your tasks.

This is mean for a semi-one shot. What do you think? Do you have any questions?
    Last edited by Glitter; 12-21-2014, 11:17 AM.

• Glitter
    replied
    Re: Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

I'm going to let this one go. Thank you all for your interest and participation. I think i went about this wrong. I mean the idea is sound, but I don't think I went about it the right way. Maybe later on I'll go with something like this, but right now i think I've overloaded the simple idea with too much.

Leave a comment:

• Jemal
    replied
    Re: Rise From Your Grave (recruiting)

Well that completely changes things...
    I'll be back.

Leave a comment:

• Glitter
    replied

Ah! OK, carry on

As I've put out there, there is a low level acceptance of magic. So, do people use it for good and ill? Yes. Faith healers and clairvoyants are paid top dollar if they can prove themselves. "Wish granters" are always seen with suspicious as nothing from the spirits comes for free.

Are they out there in spandex/leather/latex duking it out for the world to see? No. Most of the fantastical stuff is kept out of the public eye. If you do see one, its usually forgotten shortly afterwards due to spirit clean up.

Monsters, as such, are a "rare" thing. The five dead that walk the earth for a year for vengeance are a special case. The spirits of death protect them. Seeing as you are part fantastical, you will not forget supernatural elements you have/will see.

Leave a comment:

• Gnalthor
    replied

Giving people character idea's

Leave a comment:

• Glitter
    replied

Explain what you're trying to achieve with this, Gnalthor.

Leave a comment:

• Gnalthor
    replied

Originally posted by Glitter View Post
    I don't see spirits proactively making deals. they're not demons. Spirit sensitives can coerce spirits to do things, but not vice versa.
    Spirit possession then?

Leave a comment:

• Glitter
    replied

I don't see spirits proactively making deals. they're not demons. Spirit sensitives can coerce spirits to do things, but not vice versa.

Leave a comment:

• Gnalthor
    replied

Hmm i think I will go with my initial built. Just in 2nd edition. But here's a thought for everyone else. What if a spirit made a deal with a living human to enact his vengeance?

Leave a comment:

• Glitter
    replied

See, I was going to make this a normal every day setting as is, except for five revenge seeking dead people. But you've got me thinking, what can I do to make this setting stand out?

Magic exists, of course. Everyone has at least a minute knowledge of it. What they THINK of it is all varied. Magic is explained as "the science of the unexplained" as people attribute everything science cant explain to magic. And it's true.

People who work magic are manipulating the spirits. Everything has a spirit. Some spirits are more responsive than others. Time spirits are damn near unresponsive, but hey, you want a hygiene spirit to make you nice and clean all the time? Sure.

That said, not everyone can interact with the spirits. Spirit Sensitivity is something only the very lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) get. Spirit sensitives can work on behalf of the normal folk, but for the mundanes there is always a price. the price depends on the spirits who have their own terms and conditions of use. Spirit Sensitives get around these terms and conditions.

Humans and spirits live on two separate planes of reality. Spirit Sensitives can enter the spirit world for short periods of time. No one can accurately explain the spirit world. Not even spirit sensitives.

Any questions?

Leave a comment:

• dream
    replied

Originally posted by Triskavanski View Post
    I'm still somewhat interested, but well, I just can't come up with too much of a concept.
    It's an odd game, no? Maybe setting is missing. Impetus. We're missing what's missing.

Glitter, feed our imaginations!

Leave a comment:

• Triskavanski
    replied

I'm still somewhat interested, but well, I just can't come up with too much of a concept.

Leave a comment:

• Jemal
    replied

Ditto

Leave a comment:

• Rokoran
    replied

Yeah, still interested. Sorry, some stuff came up. Should have a character sheet up in the next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Baconboy
    replied

I'm still intereseted Glitter.

I've been working on a believable backstory for my character and hope to have one up in the next day or so.

BB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X