No announcement yet.

Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2e OOC] Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

In life, you were done an injustice and you died because of it. It was tragic enough for the spirits to mark your soul. Once every year on the last day of the year, five people are given their second chance at life, but only for vengeance. They come out of their graves and seek the ones who killed them or had them killed (sometimes both). The spirits give them one year to do so. These five souls are also interconnected. They usually find each other and form a band of retribution seekers. If you avenge your death, you will receive a second chance at life, or you can pass on to the afterlife. If you do not avenge your death within 365 days of your rising, you will fall to dust. No one will remember you ever existed, as if you were never there.

PL8, 120 points. For free, you will get a null Constitution score, immunity to Fortitude and resurrection every 24 hours. You will also get communication link to the rest of the group. the resurrection will go away after you have done your duty. the communication link will go away after all of you have finished your tasks.

This is mean for a semi-one shot. What do you think? Do you have any questions?
    Last edited by Glitter; 12-21-2014, 11:17 AM.
    "She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous." - Round Here, Counting Crows

Re: Rise From Your Grave (interest check)

Ok you have mne interested but in a slightly different way.

I recently created a character called Reaper. basically an embodiment of death using the death and darkness powers from the powers book. Easilly convertible to 2nd ed as well. Howd you like your own personal plot device pc able to pass on information to the others as lady death needs or demands?
    Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

[URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/79-Showdown-at-the-Litterbox-New-Stuff?p=554&viewfull=1#post554"]Showdown at the Litterbox[/URL]

[url=http://www.fanfiction.net/~catsi563]Catsi stories[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter View Post
      In life, you were done an injustice and you died because of it. It was tragic enough for the spirits to mark your soul. Once every year on the last day of the year, five people are given their second chance at life, but only for vengeance. They come out of their graves and seek the ones who killed them or had them killed (sometimes both). The spirits give them one year to do so. These five souls are also interconnected. They usually find each other and form a band of retribution seekers. If you avenge your death, you will receive a second chance at life, or you can pass on to the afterlife. If you do not avenge your death within 365 days of your rising, you will fall to dust. No one will remember you ever existed, as if you were never there.

PL8, 120 points. For free, you will get a null Constitution score, immunity to Fortitude and resurrection every 24 hours. You will also get communication link to the rest of the group. the resurrection will go away after you have done your duty. the communication link will go away after all of you have finished your tasks.

This is mean for a semi-one shot. What do you think? Do you have any questions?
      So the concept is kind of a mass Crow film without the stupid bird weakness?
      ^( ;,; )^

My Builds

Comment

Hmm color me interested! (is that orange?)
        Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
        Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
        Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

Originally posted by catsi563 View Post
          Ok you have mne interested but in a slightly different way.

I recently created a character called Reaper. basically an embodiment of death using the death and darkness powers from the powers book. Easilly convertible to 2nd ed as well. Howd you like your own personal plot device pc able to pass on information to the others as lady death needs or demands?
          We'll see. I'd like to keep with the original plan, but if we need an extra because of low turnout or if I feel froggy enough for a sixth person, I'll consider

Originally posted by kanly View Post
          So the concept is kind of a mass Crow film without the stupid bird weakness?
          Kinda

Originally posted by Gnalthor View Post
          Hmm color me interested! (is that orange?)
          Red. Dark red.
          "She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous." - Round Here, Counting Crows

Comment

How long are you doing interest chack (an dpossibly recruitment) for? I'm potentially interested, but only have time for another game if one or more of the ones I'm in don't resume as planned once the year rolls over.
            Classic car restoring, gun owning, martial arts practicing, military, gamer geek, kinky lesbian IT chick (has your brain exploded yet?)
            [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1835-Digital-s-Daemons"]My character library[/URL]

Comment

Once i get five interested I'll open up recruitment. Once I get five satisfactory applications I'll start rolling.

Comment

Thinking about a theater student turned blood elemental.
                ^( ;,; )^

My Builds

Comment

So far we have one interest and two ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by catsi563 View Post
                    Stanks of Mary Sue.

I may have more time for gaming coming up soon (especially since I'm hugely disillusioned with the new Warcraft expansion, bleh). I don't have a super strong idea yet, but I am thinking on this one.

I'm often steered by topical events and news... the first idea that popped into my head was someone who hated Phantom Menace so much, that they either killed themselves (you literally murdered my childhood!) or some sort of nerdrage accident caused by Phantom Menace lead to their death (I burn all my Starwars collectibles in protest of this atrocity!!! Ack! I'm on fire!).
                    ...although, that leads to a new complication, which is... how much do we know about the person or persons we need to seek vengeance on? Since our Ghostly Vengeance Squad is now interconnected, are our killers/objects of vengeance also, somehow connected? This is something that I'd want a lot of GM guidance on... if our characters literally have nothing to do with each other, and wildly different origin concepts, the game may not have good cohesion.

The other concept, is also somewhat 'ripped from the headlines.' In the last couple of years, two similar cases in Canada popped up; Amanda Todd in Vancouver and Rehtaeh Parsons in Nova Scotia. Both were bullied with explicit images of themselves until they commit suicide. In the Parsons case, specifically, I and many other Canadians, feel that justice was sluggish to act and feeble in response. A definite travesty... and worthy of rising from the grave to wreak vengeance.

I think the nerdraging Starwars Spectre is probably... too lighthearted for this, and the other would be pretty grim, perhaps as grim as The Crow. Definitely need more GM input before I can pitch a concept though.
                    Fell's Fellas, ATT Archive
                    Realms of Desolace, Ronin Army Roll-Call

Comment

I stopped playing World of Warcraft after the grind got too monotonous. Staring at a screen for three hours a day and getting nothing out of it but frustration and grief. I guess at higher levels you have to devote yourself to it. Like a job. And World of Warcraft wasn't paying my bills.

Yes, the Star Wars idea is a bit too silly. I'll allow some light moments (because if its all grim, who cares?) but I'd like the characters to have a serious tone to them. The injustice you were dealt made the spirits of death take notice enough to give you a chance at vengeance.

Yes, if your death was a suicide, you know full well how and why you died. If your death was a homicide, you only have the last few moments of your life flashing before you as evidence of who and what happened. This could lead to some actual slip ups of judgement. Vengeance is rarely ever precise.

Another thing, since this is a semi-one shot, I'd like for you to have a definite person or persons you have to find. Taking the suicides you mentioned, yes, the injustice was of the system, but there was a definite person(s) who made them take that final step.

Finally, you're rather powerful and bound to get noticed if you start leaving a trail of your own dead.

Comment

Interested. "Revenant" stories are always a hoot.

Finally got my M&MII mojo rising.

Former good guy cop set-up by his cheating wife & murdered by his corrupt Vice partners. His kids, Layna and Joe tried to warn their pop something was wrong, but his dedication to duty blinded him. Now our boy wants some retribution with his old buddies and the former Mrs. Good Guy. That & seeing his kids again.

Or something like that.

Marvel classic: "What If the Punisher was immortal?"

To link our team, maybe we were all investigating the same BBEG(s), compared notes at some point, then got 86ed Jason Todd-style by our mutual friend(s). Now we're back, like Aerosmith, with eye beams, big guns and lightsabers.

What kind of tone here? Serious, grimdarky, or can we have some fun with it?
                        [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

Comment

Interested.
                          what kind of powers are you looking to have/avoid?

Comment

I'm interested as well.

I can see where you're going with the theme of the game and the type of backstory seems rather self-explanatory.
                            WhatI'm kind of stumped on is what type of powers should our 'undead' characters have.

I have a concept in mind of a burgeoning teenage pop sensation who was set-up for murder by his former (boy)band mates. Somehow they couldn't stomach his solo succes and their suddenly faltering fame.
                            If that fits well enough for the game I'll get cracking on a character.

BB

Comment

Re: Rise From Your Grave (recruiting)

Now that we have more than enough interest

Originally posted by dream View Post
                              Interested. "Revenant" stories are always a hoot.

Finally got my M&MII mojo rising.

Former good guy cop set-up by his cheating wife & murdered by his corrupt Vice partners. His kids, Layna and Joe tried to warn their pop something was wrong, but his dedication to duty blinded him. Now our boy wants some retribution with his old buddies and the former Mrs. Good Guy. That & seeing his kids again.

Or something like that.

Marvel classic: "What If the Punisher was immortal?"

To link our team, maybe we were all investigating the same BBEG(s), compared notes at some point, then got 86ed Jason Todd-style by our mutual friend(s). Now we're back, like Aerosmith, with eye beams, big guns and lightsabers.

What kind of tone here? Serious, grimdarky, or can we have some fun with it?
                              The tone will be mostly dark, but not terribly so. As I mentioned before, if it gets too miserable, no one will care. You can have your light moments, but don't make your death a joke. Know what I mean?

Originally posted by Jemal View Post
                              Interested.
                              what kind of powers are you looking to have/avoid?
                              The only thing I'd like to avoid is overly complicated stuff.

Originally posted by Baconboy View Post
                              I'm interested as well.

I can see where you're going with the theme of the game and the type of backstory seems rather self-explanatory.
                              WhatI'm kind of stumped on is what type of powers should our 'undead' characters have.

I have a concept in mind of a burgeoning teenage pop sensation who was set-up for murder by his former (boy)band mates. Somehow they couldn't stomach his solo succes and their suddenly faltering fame.
                              If that fits well enough for the game I'll get cracking on a character.

BB
                              Well get cracking

Powers should either be based on your death or your standard strength and quickness. Anything outside of that will take some explanation on your part and some thinking-about-it on my part.

Comment

Working...
                              X