Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rise From Your Grave (recruiting)

The side effect doesn't seem like a side effect at all. An uncommon minor power drawback at best.

Is your array dynamic? I don't understand the reason for that. Explain? Also, having a +12 in Sleight of Hand makes that Check Required flaw not really a flaw.

Why the fur and tail?
    Last edited by Glitter; 12-11-2014, 03:43 AM.
    "She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous." - Round Here, Counting Crows

Comment

Yes the array is dynamic, so I could use anatomical separation on myself or use it for an attack.

As for for the Fur/tail, I was thinking of incorporating some animalistic parts into the character's "natural" form. Like the Cat with hands, kinda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P2Z3qiC2is

Though I might drop the whole grafting thing and follow more down the path of Miss Fortune.
      Triskavanski's Graveyard of Characters

Comment

Let's see what Miss Fortune will bring then.

Also, thanks for the story. I need that at four-something in the morning
        "She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous." - Round Here, Counting Crows

Comment

Glitter, any thoughts on my ideas?

Comment

Jemal, I'm sorry I hastily skipped over you. The second idea seems most likely to get in. While, yes, the point you made about random stabbing makes sense, I need something to work with. Which is why i'm asking to put a coda on where everyone's vengeance will be served. I could make this more longer and involved with more vague concepts being talked about and/or toppled, I'm just trying to put together a semi-oneshot (a longshot?)

Comment

Interested.

Haven't the time to submit a build today, but I should have one up by this time tomorrow.
              Old Favourites:

Comment

This is looking to be a bust. Anyone still interested?

Comment

I'm still intereseted Glitter.

I've been working on a believable backstory for my character and hope to have one up in the next day or so.

BB

Comment

Yeah, still interested. Sorry, some stuff came up. Should have a character sheet up in the next couple of days.
                    Old Favourites:

Comment

Ditto

Comment

I'm still somewhat interested, but well, I just can't come up with too much of a concept.
                        Triskavanski's Graveyard of Characters

Comment

Originally posted by Triskavanski View Post
                          I'm still somewhat interested, but well, I just can't come up with too much of a concept.
                          It's an odd game, no? Maybe setting is missing. Impetus. We're missing what's missing.

Glitter, feed our imaginations!
                          [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

Comment

See, I was going to make this a normal every day setting as is, except for five revenge seeking dead people. But you've got me thinking, what can I do to make this setting stand out?

Magic exists, of course. Everyone has at least a minute knowledge of it. What they THINK of it is all varied. Magic is explained as "the science of the unexplained" as people attribute everything science cant explain to magic. And it's true.

People who work magic are manipulating the spirits. Everything has a spirit. Some spirits are more responsive than others. Time spirits are damn near unresponsive, but hey, you want a hygiene spirit to make you nice and clean all the time? Sure.

That said, not everyone can interact with the spirits. Spirit Sensitivity is something only the very lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) get. Spirit sensitives can work on behalf of the normal folk, but for the mundanes there is always a price. the price depends on the spirits who have their own terms and conditions of use. Spirit Sensitives get around these terms and conditions.

Humans and spirits live on two separate planes of reality. Spirit Sensitives can enter the spirit world for short periods of time. No one can accurately explain the spirit world. Not even spirit sensitives.

Any questions?

Comment

Hmm i think I will go with my initial built. Just in 2nd edition. But here's a thought for everyone else. What if a spirit made a deal with a living human to enact his vengeance?
                              Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
                              Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
                              Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

I don't see spirits proactively making deals. they're not demons. Spirit sensitives can coerce spirits to do things, but not vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                                X