Rise From Your Grave (cancelled)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rise From Your Grave (recruiting)

Starting with the base cop template, plus the freebies. Work in progress: so far, a voice-triggered emotion controller.

LOUIS CANNON
    PL: 8 (120 pts)

ORIGIN: Local police officer betrayed by his scandalous wife and corrupt partners. Shot and dumped in the bay for dead. Awakened by mystic forces to avenge his death and re-establish balance.

COMPLICATIONS:
    Justice: Nobody's above the Law
    Hatred: Ex-partners that killed him
    Flashbacks: randomly remembers his murder
    Secret: Legally dead
    Secret: Identity
    Responsibility: His kids

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, CONSTITUTION -, DEXTERITY 12, INTELLECT 10, WISDOM 12, CHARISMA 10

SKILLS: Bluff 5 (+5), Climb 2 (+7), Computers 2 (+2), Drive 9 (+10), Gather Information 10 (+10), Intimidate 8 (+8), Investigate 10 (+10), Knowledge (current events) 5 (+5), Knowledge (streetwise) 5 (+5), Knowledge (music) 5 (+5), Medicine 2 (+3), Notice 9 (+10), Profession (police officer) 4 (+5), Search 10 (+10), Sense Motive 4 (+5), Stealth 4 (+5), Swim 2 (+7)

FEATS: All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Connected, Equipment 4, Fearless, Improved Critical 2 (guns; 18+), Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Initiative 2, Interpose, Quick Draw, Takedown Attack, Well-Informed

POWERS:
    "Perished": magic; Immunity 30; magic; Fortitude effects
    "Ego Warp": magic; Emotion Control 8; magic; subtle 2, sense-dependent (hearing)
    "Inhuman": magic; Protection 8 & Enhanced Trait 6 (+6 STR)

EQUIPMENT: Two Sig Sauer P220s (DC19), handcuffs, switchblade (DC16), commlink

COMBAT:
    Initiative +9
    Attack: +8
    Damage: +5 (unarmed)
    Defense: +8

SAVES:
    Toughness +8, Fortitude -, Reflex +8, Will +8

Abilities 8 + Skills 24 (96 ranks) + Feats 18 + Powers 24 + Combat 32 + Saves 14 = 120
    Last edited by dream; 18th December 2014, 05:59 PM.
    [URL="http://roninarmy.com/threads/1243-My-Dream-House"]My Dream House[/URL]

Comment

Count me interested. I'll be working on it here tonight once I get home.

Since its 2nd, I'm totally doing some stuff with my favorite power.. Anatomical liberation.
      Triskavanski's Graveyard of Characters

Comment

Wraith - PL 8

Strength 0, Stamina -, Agility 6, Dexterity 0, Fighting 0, Intellect 0, Awareness 6, Presence 0

Advantages
        Move-by Action

Skills
        Acrobatics 2 (+8), Stealth 2 (+8)

Powers
        Alternate Form (Ghost) (Activation: Free Action)
        . . Concealment: Concealment 8 (All Aural Senses, All Olfactory Senses, All Visual Senses; Concentration, Passive)
        . . Flight: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round)
        . . Immunity: Immunity 0
        . . Insubstantial: Insubstantial 4 (Incorporeal; Increased Duration: continuous, Precise, Subtle: DC 20)
        Cold Blast: Cumulative Progressive Affliction 8 (cold, 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception, Progressive)
        . . Cryokinesis: Cumulative Affliction 8 (Alternate; cold, 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree: Transformed, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18; Affects Objects, Cumulative, Increased Range 2: perception)
        . . Flash Freeze: Weaken 12 (Alternate; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 22; Accurate 2: +4, Affects Corporeal 12, Affects Objects)
        . . Freezing Aura: Damage 10 (Alternate; cold, DC 25; Accurate 3: +6, Affects Corporeal 10, Incurable, Penetrating 10, Precise)
        Regeneration: Regeneration 1 (Every 10 rounds; Persistent)
        Undead Form
        . . Death Link: Senses 1 (Communication Link: Mental, Undead Squad)
        . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait -10 (Traits: Stamina -6 (+0); Permanent [10 extra ranks])
        . . Immunity: Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects)
        . . Rise from your Graves: Immortality 5 (Return after 1 day)

Offense
        Initiative +6
        Cold Blast: Cumulative Progressive Affliction 8 (DC Fort 18)
        Cryokinesis: Cumulative Affliction 8 (DC Fort 18)
        Flash Freeze: Weaken 12, +4 (DC Fort 22)
        Freezing Aura: Damage 10, +6 (DC 25)
        Grab, +0 (DC Spec 10)
        Throw, +0 (DC 15)
        Unarmed, +0 (DC 15)

Complications
        Hatred - Rapists: Christoffer hates rapists and will actively hunt them if he discovers one or look into a matter if he have a suspision. if you rape someone and he discovers it, it wont be pretty
        Phobia - Fire: Chistoffer is afraid of fire as his right hand was burned of before he was left to die in the cold
        Prejudice - Child: Christoffer looks like a child and is looked down upon by grown ups on occation
        Weakness - Fire: Fire affects Christoffer despite him being insubstantial

Languages
        Native Language

Defense
        Dodge 6, Parry 2, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 0, Will 8

Power Points
        Abilities 24 + Powers 120 + Advantages 1 + Skills 2 (4 ranks) + Defenses 4 = 151

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
        Mutants & Masterminds, Third Edition is ©2010-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Christoffer never knew his parents. He grew up at at an orphanage where the children were beaten at a regular basis. The orphanage was run by a group of nuns who had lost faith a century past.
        When the nuns began making plans for the girls in the orphanage and began selling them to older men, it became too much for christoffer and he ran off with 2 of the younger girls. he tried to get more but for some reason they would not leave. they lived outside for a week and was almost starving to death out of fear for talking to grownups. they were found in an alley by two showgirls who took them in. they lived with Elisabeth and Amanda, who was a couple, for several years. several other of the showgirls came by and taught the 3 basic schoolstuff. he was even given the nickname Christmas after his name and the name of his mother Amanda Masson

10 years ago at christmas eve a group of fraternety guys came by the small family on their way home from the moms work.
        the group attacked the family and forced themself on the mothers, while some of them held down christoffer and his sisters. the one holding chistoffer had a sadistic streak so he held christoffers right and into a fire and let it burn. they held him in turns as they took their turn with elisabeth and amanda. they held him until his hand was nothing more than a charred husk. first at this point did christoffer pass out. the last thing he remembers was the sound of his moms and sisters getting hauled away.

the corpses of two showgirls and a young boy was found after the coldest night in recorded history. the showgirls were found in an alley and the young boy in an abandoned construction site. the murders were never connected. only one of the girls was identified as an unruly heiress from the Masson family.

now Christoffer is back, he is angry, he is here for vengeance, he is the spirit of Christmas passed, he is WRAITH
        Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
        Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
        Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

Originally posted by Triskavanski View Post

Since its 2nd, I'm totally doing some stuff with my favorite power.. Anatomical liberation.
          is it second edition?
          Solar Flare in Jemal's Solstice (Maybe)
          Oaf in catsi563's Going Rogue
          Gao Lao (Wuxai) and Shaun Lao Michaelson (Wavelengths) in Spectrum's Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wavelengths and Neotropolis: Age of Heroes- Wuxai

Comment

I was thinking about the following:

Dustin Timberbieber (trust me, that name is just a placeholder) met his untimely end while working on his new album in a recording studio. Frustrated by their fall from grace and Dustin's rising star, his former bandmembers hire a contract killer that rigs the studio with some sort of sonic amplifying/eplosive device. When hitting a particular pitch the devise goes off and Dustin literally gets ripped to pieces by the energy released. Back from the dead the former pop-icon has a pretty subtle mastery over sound. Able to move without producing any sound at all, he's able to get close to someone without going noticed. Apart from that he's able to produce a deafening shriek in several pitches for a couple of effects. (straight up damage / drain / dazzle.

How does that sound to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Triskavanski View Post

Anatomic Separation

Originally posted by Gnalthor View Post
              is it second edition?
              Yes.

Originally posted by Baconboy View Post
              I was thinking about the following:

Dustin Timberbieber (trust me, that name is just a placeholder) met his untimely end while working on his new album in a recording studio. Frustrated by their fall from grace and Dustin's rising star, his former bandmembers hire a contract killer that rigs the studio with some sort of sonic amplifying/eplosive device. When hitting a particular pitch the devise goes off and Dustin literally gets ripped to pieces by the energy released. Back from the dead the former pop-icon has a pretty subtle mastery over sound. Able to move without producing any sound at all, he's able to get close to someone without going noticed. Apart from that he's able to produce a deafening shriek in several pitches for a couple of effects. (straight up damage / drain / dazzle.

How does that sound to you?
              That name. I'd want to kill it too But seriously, the pitch is fine, follow through.
              "She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous." - Round Here, Counting Crows

Comment

Aye.. The Powers Database calls it liberation though, hence I why I get all kinds of confusedled.

Comment

I don't really have a good sense my question about who killed our characters was answered... but that's OK. I didn't realize you're doing 2e, where I'm moved on to 3e. Looks like you've got enough interest to start a recruitment, so good luck and good gaming.
                  Fell's Fellas, ATT Archive
                  Realms of Desolace, Ronin Army Roll-Call

Comment

So the character Idea I'm working with is one by the name of Patches. Essentially, this guy is kinda like a skinny frankenstine, having the ability to attach parts of the fallen foes on himself. The problem I have though is getting the power to a point its useful without it costing an arm and a leg. (har har)

Comment

Could be a variable or an array of different "parts"
                      "She has trouble acting normal when she's nervous." - Round Here, Counting Crows

Comment

Alright, I have a few ideas - both for background and powerset. Please tell me if you have any preference for or against any of these:

Backgrounds:
                        #1: Powerful political/military figure. Started to catch onto a major conspiracy, and was 'silenced' before he could find out too much. He knows a lot about the people who were involved, but the person responsible for his death is not the person who killed him - rather, the person who's at the top of the conspiracy. In order to claim his vengeance, he needs to cut off the head.

#2: Rich man killed by wife. The kicker: everybody knows who (his wife), but he needs to figure out WHY.. and whether or nor he's capable of stomaching the 'vengeance' of killing her. *Aside: It's possible she was framed, though that would be better left up to the GM's discretion.*

#3: Normal guy gets stabbed in the street. Nobody cares. Just another day in *Blank city*. I noticed a lot of the ideas swirling around are of the 'this character and their death were IMPORTANT' variety, and it got me thinking - isn't a guy getting stabbed in the street and nobody caring pretty damn unjust? He's the only one who cares WHO killed him. It could also lead to him using his newfound powers for 'vigilante justice' along the way - the cops aint gonna protect people, so he might as well mow down some scum while he's trying to find the man who killed him.

Powers:
                        #1: Energy Blaster - Just. Pure. ENERGY.
                        #2: Shapeshifting - Specifics depend on what type of shapeshifting you're ok with, as it does tend to be an OP variable array if misused.
                        #3: Time Controller - slow down/speed up time. Basically a speedster with some quirks.
                        #4: Teleportation & Telepathy.

Comment

@Triskavanski :
                          2nd Edition already has a power like that, it's called Grafting. Though the arm&Leg cost is inherent given how innately powerful and versatile it is.

It's normally 11/rank for a combination of Anatomic separation and Variable. You could make it cheaper with some limits to represent the fact that it's not a combat use ability (You said 'takes parts from fallen foes).

Examples:
                          Increased Action: standard>full -1/rank
                          Distracting -1/rank
                          Limited: Unconscious/dead targets -1/rank

Last edited by Jemal; 10th December 2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

With distracting... wouldn't it be distracting as long as I had the part grafted on? Or is the turn I use the power?

Patches

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 98/120

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +0 (10), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +0, Fort: +0, Ref: +8, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+4), Escape Artist 12 (+12), Sleight of Hand 12 (+12)

Feats: Grappling Block, Grappling Finesse, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Reversal

Powers:
                            Anatomic Separation 10 ([0 active, 0/30 PP, 3/r], 10 separated parts; Variable Split)
                            . . Grafting 3 (Alternate; [0 active, 0/30 PP, 8/r], 3 body parts, DC 13; Duration (continuous); Action (full), Check Required (Slight of Hand), Distracting, Requires Grapple, Side-Effect (sometimes))
                            Container, Passive 1
                            . . Fur (Features 1)
                            . . Tail (Additional Limbs 1) (1 extra limb; +1 to Grapple when not using Imp. Grapple, Feats: Improved Grapple)

Attack Bonus: +8 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +8, Grapple: +8)

Attacks: Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 15)

Defense: +8 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: +0

Initiative: +0

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 5 + Powers 38 + Combat 32 + Saves 16 + Drawbacks 0 = 98

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
                            Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.
                            Last edited by Triskavanski; 11th December 2014, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Grafting is Anatomic Separation linked to a Variable. It also looks like one of those powers that was handwaved on mostly as I don't see how it costs 11 points. Don't take Grafting. Use a variable or an array to represent "stolen parts".

Comment

Would this be better then?

Patches

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 115/120

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +0 (10), INT: +0 (10), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +0 (10)

Tough: +0, Fort: +0, Ref: +8, Will: +8

Skills: Acrobatics 4 (+4), Escape Artist 12 (+12), Sleight of Hand 12 (+12)

Feats: Grappling Block, Grappling Finesse, Improved Grab, Improved Grapple, Improved Pin, Reversal

Powers:
                                Anatomic Separation 10 ([0 active, 0/25 PP, 3/r], 10 separated parts; Variable Split [5 ranks only])
                                . . Body Snatcher (Anatomic Separation 8) (Alternate; [0 active, 0/25 PP, 1/r], 8 separated parts, DC 18; Attack (+control others) (Fortitude), Variable Split; Action (standard), Check Required (Slight of Hand), Requires Grapple)
                                Container, Passive 1
                                . . Fur (Features 1)
                                . . Tail (Additional Limbs 1) (1 extra limb; +1 to Grapple when not using Imp. Grapple, Feats: Improved Grapple)
                                Cuttable (Immunity 5) (damage type: Slashing; Side-Effect 2 (always - Auto activates anatomic seperation))
                                Variable 4 (acquire: all traits, limited to: parts being grafted on; Action (full), Chained (Body Snatcher (Anatomic Separation 8)), Check Required (Medicine))

Attack Bonus: +8 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +8, Grapple: +8)

Attacks: Body Snatcher (Anatomic Separation 8), +8 (DC Fort 18), Unarmed Attack, +8 (DC 15)

Defense: +8 (Flat-footed: +4), Knockback: +0

Initiative: +0

Languages: Native Language

Totals: Abilities 0 + Skills 7 (28 ranks) + Feats 5 + Powers 55 + Combat 32 + Saves 16 + Drawbacks 0 = 115

Mutants & Masterminds, Second Edition is ©2005-2014 Green Ronin Publishing, LLC. All rights reserved.

Comment

Working...
                                X